Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the Plains of Dathomir

Elayne smiled as she ventured forth with one of Nadie's children, next thing she knew she was in a wrestling match with a rancor, which of course meant that she tried to not get pinned and of course the rancor won. she knew that she was being played with nicely... She ended up giggling as she got pinned. Elayne yelled she gave up as the rancor let her back up. Elayne laughed and jumped on her back looking out on the plains she could se so much.. including an approaching figure. Elayne calmed the yet to be named rancor down as she waited for the figure to come closer, keeping close to the now protective rancor. It was funny how Nadie's family and the Hawk family were esentially the same so Elayne loved playing with her "sisters" which was why she was out here, the rancors were good company.

Bronwyn Tyr

@}-',--BeautifulDisaster--,'-{@
Sure, she could see a figure running towards her and her sisters from atop of her rancor. Bronwyn came at them as fast as her limber body would take her. What she couldn't see beyond the hilltop she'd run from was a herd of baz nitch also running wildly their way. Even more curious, half of the herd was on fire ! The closer Bronwyn got to them, the closer the flaming baz nitch were threatening to engulf the young witch in a fiery inferno. She didn't want to run straight at the group before her, but if she tried to turn, they would certainly gain on her. Also, after seeing the giant rancor, Bronwyn would have to believe that even flaming baz nitch would think twice about approaching. Bronwyn herself was reckless, she would deal with the rancor and the others later if she had to.

Elayne was puzzled, not only was the figure running towards her... but a herd of flaming Baz nitch... She wish she could cast a rain spell but that was above her level... but she could control fire! She smiled as she began to chant... and to tell the fire to die put it self out until it started back up. She was so close. Elayne cringed as the birds stopped running towards the rancor but still were running none the less. It seemed to work as the herd of Baz Nitch more or less were no longer as on fire. Elayne yelled out " Are you ok?" She said trying to make sense of the situation. Elayne didn't know what to do other than help the witch as the animals were far to frantic, she jumped down from the Rancor and began to approach Bronwyn

Bronwyn Tyr

Just before Elayne cast her spell, Bronwyn had tripped, almost sure the baz nitch would have trampled her. Fortunately for her, she had run into the right crowd. Some of the fowls dropped dead due to their charred wounds, the others simply took a turn to avoid the rancor. Bronwyn sat up slightly to view the mayhem that she had inadvertently caused. A black steak could be seen the long distance Bronwyn had run to flee her touched pursuers. Instead of looking relieved or terrified or anything you'd expect, Bronwyn simply let herself fall backwards into the soft lush green grass as she began to laugh and giggle. After calming down with a sigh, herhazel eyes looked up to Elayne who was standing behind her. "Better now!" She giggled once more.

Just then the smell of fried poultry met her nose and she sat up and noticed the rancor's head turn to sniff the air. "I do hope you've at least fed that thing recently." She said with a questionable look to her rescuer.

Elayne smiled, as the rancor decided to eat the dead fowl, " Well she has eaten now. I am Elayne Hawk, " She smiles, curious about the intersting girl... " How did you come to be running from a herd of flaming baz nitch? " She was honestly curious. How did she come to run from such things. " And This is not a thing, this is my sister... she hasn't been named yet." Elayne hugged the rancor and looked to the young woman curious which clan she was with. .

It isn't everyday I run into someone out here let alone someone running from a partially onfire heard of baz nitch.

Bronwyn Tyr

"It's an interesting story really. I was practicing my spells, when I saw a lone baz nitch wondering, running through the field. Naturally, I wanted to test my aim on a moving target, so I gave it a whirl, and to my amazement it actually connected!" Her smile fadedslightly after that. "Only after catching fire it decided to run back to it's flock. It all sort of spiraled from there. I guess it was by sheer luck they started running in my direction." A confused look crossed her face. "Wait, okay, it's your turn. You said those beasts were your 'sisters' ?"

She stood finally after catching her breathe. "And I suppose I owe you now. It's Bronwyn. Bronwyn Tyr." She introduced herself with her fingertips resting on her chest. She recognized the surname Hawk, but just couldn't place it.

Elayne smiled, "Yes, you see, my Ina's rancor, is Nadie, the Herdmother for the rancores, and Nadie, is very protective of me, and my family so I have come to find her family as part of my family. So while she is not really my sister, I would consider her to be something like it. since Nadie is something like an aunt so maybe their more like cousins? " She said obviously caught up in the thought. " no, it was nothing anything for a fellow witch " he smiled, it wasn't often she got to make new friends.. well that was if she would be friends. Elayne sat by Bronwyn, " it is nice to meet you Bronwyn, I don't usually encounter people out her, its sort of nice to meet someone new, not many people my age in my village since my sister and brother moved. " She was going to at least try very hard to make friends with her, perhaps they could find something fun to do.

Bronwyn Tyr

A protective rancor pet ? Sounds like that could be useful, Bronwyn thought to herself. She would need to learn the trick to taming these beasts. And as far as meeting a friendly someone who could hold a conversation was a pleasant change of pace. Bronwyn knew the feeling of loneliness all too well. She had been away from her clan for quite some time now, the sound of another voice was greatly comforting. Bronwyn offered a cordial smile as she got an idea. She just realized she had been biting at the inside of her lip, a bad habit she had when she was deep in thought. "You know, I'll tell you what ... " Bronwyn said as she patted her new friend's hand. "I wasn't exactly truthful with you earlier ... I was technically not trying to hit a moving target." She started to explain. Whatever it was, Elayne had gained a bit of a trust from Bronwyn, or perhaps she was just desperate enough for some human interaction she didn't really care who she placed her trust in ... "I had been trying to gain access through a magically sealed stone door hidden in a cave not too far from here and I may have inadvertantly cast a fire spell in the darkened corridor to illuminate my surroundings. The baz nitch just so happened to be hiding in the way of my spell. Who knew they were such big fans of the dark?" Bronwyn started to explain. She paused momentarily as she looked at the ground for a second before getting a mischievous grin accross her lips. "Care to go exploring?"

Elayne face brightend up at the idea of exploring. " Yes!" She said without a second thought. Elayne love being impulsive.. or more she was implusive and loved impulsive ideas, but regardless she was up for it. " Well shall we go? then i can control fire a little... but if we make a torch we can just use that... as my fire spell is rather unreliable as well. " She said, it was exciting to be with a person her age who wanted to do things. "and Nitika
can guard the entrance! " ( sorry found out the rancor is named :D ) This was something that Elayne hadn't even come close to doing since spencer left. " I can't believe they were just hiding like that. who would of thought. " She said as she seemed to squirm at the thought of going somewhere new. This was the very things that Elayne secretly loved to do but was never brave enough to do herself.

Bronwyn Tyr

"Yeah, in hindsight, I probably should have guessed something was using a large cave as a lair." She laughed. After all, hindsight was always 20/20. "Follow me I'll show you the way !" Bronwyn smiled. As they walked, she kept looking behind at Nitika, unsure of the rancor's presence.

It didn't take long to back track the scorched earth back to the cave. The sight was beautiful as the sun was setting just beyond the horizon over the top of the cave's entrance. Bronwyn stared at the cave with her head tilted down slightly and gave what appeared to be her signature routine mischievous smile. She turned and grabbed Elayne by the hand and dragged her in for a closer look. "C'mon, this way !"

The daylight still illuminated the entrance enough to see the magically sealed stone door set back a ways. "To the left you'll see another smaller tunnel, that was where the baz nitch were hiding. I was hoping to find a back door entrance ... curse my aiming ability." She smiled and winked at her new friend.

"Well what do you think we should do? " She said, examining the door, getting closer, and feeling out to it in the force. She was so curious as to what it could be. She reached out around her... she sensed Nitika and Bronwyn but not much else.. She tried to reach at the magic to see if it was force related. She wished she knew some sort of spell to help out. "Well should we get a light and follow this tunnel? "

She liked Bronwyn, she was fun, and adventurous " You know you are the only one I know besides me who would approach this place " She said with a giggle. She was enjoying her self, not thinking of any possible consequences.

Bronwyn Tyr

Bronwyn eyed her new friend curiously as she bit the end of her fingernail. It may have been the fact that Elayne may have never been down any dark paths in her life, but whatever the reason, she hadn't felt the slight pang of dark power seeping from the stone door. Or perhaps she was just playing it off. Either or, she interested Bronwyn, for more or less. One thing was for sure, they were going to have a lot of fun together. "I think ... we should follow the tunnel." Bronwyn agreed with a smile.

Taking a step back outside, she called to her hand a dead branch that had fallen from a tree. She swung it around a bit as she reapproached Elayne. "Birds of a feather, right?" Bronwyn asked rhetorically. She looked to the branch, it was her makeshift torch. Then she looked back to Elayne. "Care to do the honors? My last try was a fail."

Elayne laughed as she recited the words, and got a small flame to appear. She blew on it as it grew, She couldn't believe it.. it had workd. What were the chances of that. She had never really had an encounter darkness.. other than the attack of the nightsisters when she was small, so she didn't noticed the power seeping from the door. " Well lets go!" She said, pratcticly pushing Bronywn forward since she had the torch. She couldnt' wait , the sense of adventure in her was driving her forward.
" So what do you think we will find?" She asked as she kept behind Bronwyn. She wasn't going to say it but she was slightly scared. Something seemed off as the got in the tunnel but not off enough to disuade her from the task at hand which was exploring.

Bronwyn Tyr

"I'm going, I'm going, I don't want to stumble into a rancor nest next !" Bronwyn replied as she stuck her tongue out slightly. She had noticed Elayne holding back a little so she paused and linked arms with her to make her walk even with her. "I'm going to need someone to throw should something jump out at us." Bronwyn teased her with as straight of a face as she could muster.

They had not walked far when it seemed as if they had reached a dead end. Bronwyn held up the torch only to find a stange encryption chisled into the black moist stone. Bronwyn's head cocked to the side as she approached the ancient dead language. "We learned some of this when I was younger. If I'm reading it correctly, it basically says, 'to go on, you must go down; to press on, you just may drown'." Bronwyn shook her head as she turned back to Elayne. "Well, that's not much help is it ?" By the light of fire, there looked to be no other way.

Elayne looked for some sort of button or something she could press She felt around the floor, kneeling and urging for Bronwyn to hold the torch for her in a way so she could see. ' Well there has to be something..". She had never actually been in a place like this but she suspected that their had to be somewhere to go after all their was a riddle. Elanye still had a slight giggle from her earlier comments. " now maybe here? Do you think ? " She said as she pushed the stone in and suddenly they weren't on solid ground... they were falling.

Elayne screamed, as she plunged down into water... She couldn't see anything or breath at this point but she had plunged deep, she struggled to swim up, and finally emerged taking a gasping breath. Elayne looked frantically for her friend, Where could she of gone? "Bronwyn? Bronwyn? Where are you? Are you ok?" the panic in her voice apparent.

Bronwyn Tyr

If it was one thing she really did not like, it was the feeling of free falling, which was exactly what had happened. The floor had opened on them the moment Elayne had found that stone button built into their surroundings. And just as fast as she began falling, she hit a bottomless pool of icy water. Water was always much colder underground on Dathomir. Everything had gone dark as well the deeper she sank. She began to frantically swim back up until she broke the surface of the water only a foot or two from Elayne. "... wyn? Where a ... ou ok?" Bronwyn heard as the water sloshed in and out of her ears. Searching around her, she had found a few roots she was able to swim over to to catch a breath. "My hair must be a mess. How do you think I'm doing?" She said, humor still in her tone even given their current predicament.

Their torch had obviously died the moment it hit the water, and it was dark down there. By judging the distance, they must have fallen at least a hundred feet. But somehow, a light was still illuminating the area from somewhere. As Bronwyn searched for the source, she called out to Elayne. "Nice find, by the way. Next time though, please give me advanced warning." Just then, it hit her, the light shining was not from above, but from underneath. About another hundred feet down, it looked as it there was another tunnel. Bronwyn was never good at holding her breath, so hopefully there were checkpoint complete with oxygen pockets.

Elayne, swam over to Bronwyn. " Well at least we can see, and we will have to do something about your hair when we get to the other side " She giggled, " Well I got about as much warning as you... now I will investigate, if I don't come back in 20 minutes, something ate me" She said with a smirk as she plunged towards the light, swiming as fast as she could, It was funny, that she loved swiming actually so was having the time of her life. IT wasn't very often you got to explore a cave and swim for a tunnel, she kept going knowing she was reaching that moment where she was going to have to decided to go back up or keep going. She kept going, praying for a air hole, as she stayed near the top of the tunnel as she swam down it.

Bronwyn Tyr

Luckily for Elayne, the underwater tunnel did not go on forever. It eventually dead ended with the light source coming from an opening from above. It looked like another larger tunnel lit by torches on the walls.

Meanwhile, Bronwyn had been trying to wait patiently, but her arms were getting tired from holding onto the root. Plus, it had felt like her friend had been gone far too long. Bronwyn was no swimmer, sure she liked to soak and bathe in the crystal clear pools or relax in the hot springs, but diving was another story. And what if Elayne needed help? Bronwyn made up her mind and plunged in after Elayne.

Elayne, had time... it hadn't been that long to her, She climbed out and looked around a bit . She saw the tunnel went on a ways, and such, she would have to go get Bronwyn, She smirked as she jumped back in. She loved the water, and she swam under when she spotted Bronwyn, She playfully grabbed her and helped get her up. " That wasn't so bad? " She was kind of curious why she had come already " was I too long?" She asked, time seemed to fly when swiming she supposed.

Elayne got out of the water, her clothes drenched, she pondered if perhaps she should strip to her under garments... at least she wouldn't be kept back by all the water that way.. She refrained and looked to Bronwyn

Bronwyn Tyr

It really hadn't taken Elayne that long, and she was already on her way back to get her when they found each other under water.

"Let's just say I got bored of waiting. " She said as Elayne helped her out of the water. "I also didn't want you exploring without me, what if I missed something ! And what if you needed my help !" She admitted sheepishly. It may have been foolish to go after her so soon, but whatever that dark power was coming from was indeed getting stronger, and it was her fault Elayne was here. Bronwyn began to take off her outer garments and wring them out one by one. "Before we go on, I need to tell you something." She hesitated. Ugh! She hated having to be honest. "Beyond that stone door ... there was a dark presence I felt ... it was part of the reason I was so attracted to this place. I know it's to late and I should have told you before, but we need to be careful. The darkness is getting stronger." She told Elayne with a half worried/half excited expression. By now, she had wrung out all her clothes and was standing in her under garments, as the light from the torches reflected off of the droplets of water that clung to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom