Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private On the Eve of Battle

Imperator of the First Legion
<Aegis-1-Actual>

Armor | Weapon

Imperial Deployment Zone, Forward Strategic Base Anvil
General Command Center

Aoki-Barran Mira Aoki-Barran Mira

line2.png
One hand held his voulge while the other had tucked the helmet into his armpit. The absolute absence of movement and his pure size could suggest that he was indeed a statue and not a living being. The details of his armor so finely engraved and ornamented that it seemed senseless to adorn a tool with such, a simple piece of equipment. And yet it was telling a story. A story longer than anyone could or rather, would dare to stand in front of him, staring at every millimeter of his battle plate.

His face was weathered, some fine metal plates adorning it, breaking the light in many colors on its silver surface. Entirely shaved except for a barely noticeable mohawk running from the front of his head all the way down to the back gave the superhuman a distinct look, certainly less serious than his armor and equipment would suggest. Or his stare. His eyes were very strong, the color of a thunderstorm over the ocean, difficult to tell if green, blue or grey, they were equally powerful, a force of nature.

Primarion had attended a general staff meeting where elements of the Empire and Hegemony forces met, a deployment zone to travel onwards together, to Exegol. His Hegemon send him here in his stead, to meet and converse with the allied commanders and see to delivering the proper amount of attention to the ground targets. It was probably the last chance for the Hegemony forces to make clear that they would not hold back here or show mercy to the wicked and corrupted. The Maw's influence has been too extreme for too long to hope for salvation. Of course the more liberal elements of the imperials begged to differ.

The Imperator had little interest or will to argue, he had his orders, he had his purpose and now it was just about adopting a strategy which would not see the friendships shattered or worse. They needed each other here. Even though it was the Brotherhoods homeworld they attacked, the Galactic Alliance was present too, not even intelligence was required to notice the massive fleet movements. The Empire was de facto at war with them and Vandemar was part of the Empire, so there was little to discuss either for Primarion. It was difficult for him to understand how some people could make war such a difficult endeavour.
So after one of many meetings had ended, he silently waited, observed and listened. His greatly increased senses picking up a lot more information than he required, ignoring most of it. The clone though did not ignore or not see the looks of passing soldiers, officers and knights - they felt his mutation, his absence of a Force presence. Especially for the latter it was unsettling.

X5Yx2PB_d.webp

unknown.png

Aoki Mira, or Mira Lettee Aoki.
Imperial Knight of the Empire.
Michael Barran's Shadow.

P6w5FH7.png

rainadiv2.png

The Highlanders were preparing for war. After long last, the galaxy was bringing down the hammer of justice upon the wicked Maw. After long last, they would be put to the ground for their corruption and oppression. Wearing her new Atrisian armor, Aoki ran after a meeting with her battalion, across the floor. Multiple units, battalions, and individuals ran to and fro. From one briefing to another, to boarding ships and fighter squadrons. Today was the day.

Finally... justice.

Aoki Mira frowned. How long had the Galactic Alliance, weak and unorganized, left the Maw to their devices? How about the Silver Jedi? The other governments that let crime and Dark Side influence slide? It was abhorrent and negligent, costing so many lives and homes. The reason she had joined the Empire was because of their effectiveness in fighting back against the forces of evil. It was no wonder that the Empire was one of the main forces leading the charge.

Pausing to take a breath for a moment, Aoki adjusted the helm she had tucked under her arm. Her permanent resting face, dull and lacking much external emotion, was partially covered by her hair. She had once been more strict with her appearance, but those days were gone. Becoming more and more focused on goals and training, her upright and regal demeanor was slipping in favor of further effectiveness. Though, of course, she was disciplined and stoic as ever. As battalions ran around her, she realized that another figure was not moving. She turned and noticed a massive figure, large and statue like in appearance. He was off to the side, as unnoticeable as a big hunk of muscle and metal could try to be. He wore a branch of armor, extraordinarily detailed and wonderfully crafted. The armor, she recognized, was from the Empire's branch Hegemony organization she had heard whispers about.

But what grasped Aoki's attention, even above anything else, was the giant hole in the Force where he stood. As the Force connected all living beings in the galaxy togey, Aoki was constantly aware of every life force and soul she encountered. It was just another sense to her. Constantly in the background, subconsciously noted. But the void that this towering figure left where his Force Signature should have been? Aoki was always left disturbed by the Force Dead of the Galaxy.

She then realized that she had stopped and stared for too long. He was looking at her, aware of her attention drawn to himself. He must have been expecting an answer, despite his emotionless expression. Not the kind to be so socially awkward, but caught in a moment of social ineptness none the less, Mira gave her head a firm shake and approached the man. She paused several feet before him and bowed, an obvious sign of respect for those who knew of Atrisian culture, and spoke.

"My deepest apologies, sir. I stared for too long. I was simply placed off center by the presence of the Hegemony. You are the first of their units that I have seen in person."

If this man was observant to her as well, he would pick up hints of where she herself stood in the military. While her armor was primarily Atrisian, the signs of Imperial influence were indeed there. Particularly, her armor bore the most resemblance to the Imperial Knights. The lightsaber on her utility belt was even more on the nose with this fact. Though, she also bore traditional Atrisian weapons as well. A naginata and several curved blades signature to their culture. But she also had a blaster on her belt, a blaster that those of the Highlander Brotherhood commonly weilded. And even more, a blue armband tied to her upper arm bore the insignia of the Highlander Brotherhood as well.

Primarion Hiperius Primarion Hiperius

rainadiv2.png

Last edited:

<Aegis-1-Actual>

Armor | Weapon

General Command Center

line2.png
"My deepest apologies, sir. I stared for too long. I was simply placed off center by the presence of the Hegemony. You are the first of their units that I have seen in person."

His gaze had followed her approach and stared at her, blinking every now and then. She was an interesting humanoid figure in intriguing armor and with weapons which testify her profession as a warrior. The lightsaber at her side was an indicator that she was a member of a Force user order, Imperial Knights.

It must be difficult for her, he realised, to stand so close next to him while he emitted the pariah presence. Curious. She must either feel very sorry for staring or being curious. In either way, she was led by some form of emotion which made her quite unreliable as an individual and soldier. Primarion knew that many did not oppose the idea of emotions, it was normal. They were entitled to and should do so without the interference of those who based their power of manipulation and domination on it.

He then realised that his thoughts had drifted and he offered her a silent stare instead of actually responding.

"I made sure not to bring any other with me, they stayed on the ship and will receive a briefing later. Your stare was noted, but I did not feel any discomfort. Who are you, imperial knight?"

His voice carried no pride, no arrogance, it was very weird. He definitely showed personality and a certain set of feelings, but he seemed entirely bound by facts and simple realities. It carried strength and determination, but also distance and coldness, for someone hearing it the first time, it must be as confusing as his Force absence disturbing. ​

rainadiv2.png

It indeed was difficult to read the looming figure. A lack of emotion and lack of personal expression alike were something that proved difficult to properly understand. What were his intentions? What did he want? Her inability to use the Force to read him either made it all the more difficult. Regardless, she was professional and firm as ever as she gave him a proper Imperial salute with her one free hand.

"I am Aoki Mira, sir. I work under Michael Barran, and alongside his Highland Brotherhood."

Every movement was controlled and firm. No nervousness or sleepiness could be found in her. Her face was dull as ever, lacking any strong emotion. Though at the same time, she was awake and attentive to her present situation as well. She had a clarity about her, and it was obvious that she was a more traditional and disciplined kind of person.

rainadiv2.png

Last edited:

<Aegis-1-Actual>

Armor | Weapon

General Command Center

line2.png
Primarion stood unmoved, his gaze set on her like an eagle staring down at its prey. His eyes emitted no harm or viciousness, they seemed largely indifferent and unmoved. She was the first Knight he met, in fact, the first Force user who was not Aurelian that he met and personally engaged in conversation with.

"I am Aoki Mira, sir. I work under Michael Barran, and alongside his Highland Brotherhood."

The Highland Brotherhood. Michael Barran. His memory showed more about the person than about this brotherhood, but they were well interconnected. Some esoteric, local unit led by their unconventional Knight Commander who was now Warden of the Empire, the de facto heir to the throne.

"Good to make your acquaintance, Aoki Mira. I am Imperator Primarion Hyperius, I am commanding the ground forces of the Hegemony on Exegol."

He offered her a nod in return to her bow, closing his eyes while doing so. It was an honest gesture, difficult to tell if it was down to respect between warriors or to honour her toots. The name was Atrisian and someone of lesser understanding and memory would mistake Aoki for her first name, but Primarion was ware of the naming conventions of her people, even though only in theory. Most of his knowledge was theoretical.

rainadiv2.png

Aoki nodded in response, returning the bow. So this gentleman knew of Atrisian culture? Someone in the Empire? Most were so Imperial in culture, they did not have much understanding of Atrisian ways. A feeling of respect formed in Mira's heart over this.

But they were in troubled times, Primarion Hiperius Primarion Hiperius and herself. And the time was arriving too quickly for the battle of Exegol. Knowing fully well that they both had duties to attend to, Aoki took a step back.

"A pleasure, Imperator Hyperius. But as you well know, battle is upon us. I shall take me leave, as I still have preparations to attend to."

She turned to leave, but paused for another moment. It felt inappropriate to tell a Force Dead individual "May the Force be with you." And so, she wished him the best in a more universal tone. "Good luck, Imperator. We both know this battle will be gruesome…"

And with that, she turned to return to her duties.

rainadiv2.png

<Aegis-1-Actual>

Armor | Weapon

General Command Center

line2.png
"A pleasure, Imperator Hyperius. But as you well know, battle is upon us. I shall take me leave, as I still have preparations to attend to."

"You should."
He responded, brief and concise. The clone did not mean to correct or smartass her, it was a very reasonable thing to do and he was in simple agreement.

"Good luck, Imperator. We both know this battle will be gruesome…"

That baffled him a bit, making Aurelian perk a brow. He did not believe in luck and he know that very few who followed a Force credo did either. Did she try to work around his pariah nature? Why? Luck would have no influence on the outcome of the battle, because it did not exist. Then she confused him further by prognosing that the battle will be gruesome. All battles are. It is the nature of war. Usually the more gruesome the battle, the more efficient it is done.

"Strength and honour, Knight Aoki."

There would be time to explain his confusion afterwards. Or not. It did not matter. He offered her another nod of his head, the eyes down so it would seem again like he blinked.

DjqGXyQ_d.webp

MANY HOURS LATER

Messy2.png

The door to the Mess Hall opened wide. Stepping through was a very disgruntled and exhausted Aoki Mira. Her hair was surprisingly unkempt for her, as anyone who knew her would point out. She wore simple robes, walking through the mess hall like a zombie. Battles always exhausted her. The Highlanders had swiftly learned that after missions, she was best left alone, with a nap, with time alone needed to get her energy levels back up and to process things. It took three days for her to get back into the swing of things at Concordia, and it took months for her to completely recover from Ilum. But today? The battle of Exegol?

So much… too much… had happened in such a short period of time.

Mira barely had the energy to shower when she boarded the Imperial ship home. She had no idea how she wound up from the showers to her room, somehow dressed in a basic robe and feeling a lot cleaner than she had after the battle. Since that time, she had attempted to sleep. But as worn out as she was, horrible images swarmed her mind every time she closed her eyes. She was simply unable to sleep.

Unfortunate.

An that was why she was in the Mess Hall now. She trudged her way up to the counter and got some rations, then trudged over to the nearest table with her shoes scuffing the floor. The sound of someone loudly devouring their food across from her barely hit her eardrums as she scooped up some food. She lifted the spork to her lips, then-

Images of tentacles, skin tissue, and twisted faces bombarded her mind. Rapidly. She could taste blood and fell unnatural limbs gripping her body. She gasped, jerked away from the flashes only by the sound of the spork thudding against the table. She blinked, looking down at the utensil and the food still on it slowly. She sighed, picking it up and throwing it back onto her dish before pushing the whole tray aside. She leaned her elbow against the table and shoved her forehead against her palm. While her face was dull as ever, the tiredness on top of it gave surprising emotion to her usually blank features. She then still heard the rapid inhalation of the food across from her. Nausea bulged inside, causing her to whip her hand over her mouth as her back heaved.

She managed to control it after a moment, and she looked up to see the culprit… it was one of the soldiers she had met prior to the battle, Primarion Hiperius Primarion Hiperius .

How…

How could he… just eat like that!?

The look on her face showed the mix of disgust, confusion, and trauma from it all.

rainadiv2.png

Last edited:

<Aegis-1-Actual>

Armor | Weapon

General Command Center

line2.png
The remnants of the Hegemony forces were spread around several of the imperial ships, which acted more like arks and gathering points to take a breath on the way back from a harsh battleground. Primarion found himself on one of warships, his armour scarred and scorched by blasters and shrapnels, cracked by hits of melee weapons, but there was no facility here on the foreign ship to properly repair it, to mend it in the right and appropriate way.

So he did what he could. He went to the mess hall.

It was late in the night rotation and the mess cooks were already prepping for breakfast, feeding the survivors of the army and fleet, feeding the masses with mass-produced foodstuffs. The massive gold clad figure walked to one of the benches at a table, putting his helmet down on the latter and leaning his massive warspear against it.

Then he would head to the counter, taking two trays and moving along it. One very sleepy looking chef who was more than awakened by the unusual figure in heavy golden armour towering above everyone he probably has ever seen. But he was a lot more awakened and even confused by the what the man demanded.

In absence of proper protein and calorie packs the Hegemony uses to provide to the Grand Legion, Primarion needed to get a similar amount of energy intake from ordinary food. So he was getting himself about two kilograms of scrambled eggs, an equal amount of bacon and a large can of fresh juice. Some people would see this as a beautiful meal, rejoicing the nice food. For Primarion, it was just food. He selected it on value, rather than taste. The bacon was cheap replacement for proper chicken or salmon, but alas, it was not a healthy warship in regards to foodstuffs. And right now it was sufficient.

With the two trays absolutely filled with piled food, he moved back to his table. He did not see the stares of the few soldiers and half the kitchen team looking around stoves and corners, awed by the amount of food which they usually sold to an entire platoon he just got for himself. And certainly curious if he would be able to finish it.

He was.

Primarion started eating without mercy or care of leaving impressions, taking food is a necessity, nothing to be picky or special about. He ate with cutlery but it seemed ridiculously small and insufficient in his hands and for his manner of taking in the food. He did it just as he did everything else, focused on the purpose and to achieve it.

rainadiv2.png

It was quite a sickening sight. Mira still battled her nausea as she seriously contemplating just going to another table. Why wasn't she? She paused, looking down at her own food. Hunger brought her to the mess hall, but her mind refused to let her eat. She looked back up to the man devouring eggs. She blinked, exhausted but still remembering her manners.

"Sir, if you don't mind..." She waited until she had his attention, then motioned to her own plate, "How are you able to eat after what we just have been through? Every time I try to eat, I feel sick."

She sighed, looking down at her dish, "I can assure you, this hardly ever happens. I feel tired after battles, but even as I hunger I cannot eat."

She grimaced, "The Maw has a way of... Being disturbing."

rainadiv2.png

<Aegis-1-Actual>

Armor | Weapon

General Command Center

line2.png
From the edge of his peripheral vision he saw the atrisian Mirialan approach. It did not interfere with his current task, with his taking of food and resupplying his body again. When she would stop, he would continue working on his early breakfast until she shared her intention of gaining his attention.

"Sir, if you don't mind..."

"How are you able to eat after what we just have been through? Every time I try to eat, I feel sick."

He slightly perked a brow.

Just like their first meeting, she managed to confuse him. She had issues with taking food because of the previous battle. The first solution popping into his mind was to look up Mirialan metabolism and eating habits and if it was a cultural or religious thing for them to not eat after battle. But he then realized that she probably implied a different issue as she got herself food and tried to eat but couldn't. Though this did not help to clear up his confusion.

"I can assure you, this hardly ever happens. I feel tired after battles, but even as I hunger I cannot eat."

"The Maw has a way of... Being disturbing."

"How does the battle affect your stomach and hunger? Or do you have an unknown allergy which makes you feel sick? In that case you should talk to one of the medicae."

He looked at her, even seated being slightly taller than her and seemed absolutely serious and honest. Primarion did not indicate any understanding of her psychological issues with the battle past. He even kept eating, slower and with lowered intensity, but still. Yet he was not talking while chewing. A small victory for manners and sociability.

rainadiv2.png

Did he have... zero concept of what Mira was going through? Did he know what... disgust was?

She looked around the mess hall. Did anyone know?

All these people. All these warriors. Stormtroopers, fellow Imperial Knights, elite squadrons, ISB Agents, pilots... did they not feel the same way she did? Did they not feel pity for the Maw's victims? Did they not feel the righteous anger of watching injustice? Did they not feel sick to their stomachs when they saw the Maw's abominable deeds? Or were people like her and Michael Barran Michael Barran a rarity? She looked back to Primarion Hiperius Primarion Hiperius with a baffled and exhausted look. The circles under her half closed eyes were rapidly getting worse since the battle. Her confusion was only increased by another wave of the familiar isolation she felt serving the Empire.

Not all imperials were well meaning Pellaeonists like herself. Some were misguided like the Felists, and even more were power hungry and selfish like the Tarkinists.

Mira frowned, wondering where the gold clad foot soldier was on this scale?

She closed her eyes and sighed. She decided to approach this conversation from a completely different angle. But first, she would quell his own questions.

"I am healthy." She assured the giant, "I just am struggling to eat after the battle went the way it had. I watched giant mantis mutants devour moon children today. How does that not churn your stomach? Every time I try to eat, I think of the blood and bones. But I digress."

She opened her eyes, looking down at her hands.

"Why did you join the Empire?"

As the clattering of other people eating reverberated around them, Mira continued, "In complete honesty. I won't report any secrets to the ISB. Did you feel compelled? Were you born into imperial territory and felt the need to protect your home? Did you see corruption in other governments, like the Silver Jedi, and believe the Empire was the answer to those problems? Were you conscripted? Were you bored? And what do you feel now?"

rainadiv2.png

Last edited:

<Aegis-1-Actual>

Armor | Weapon

line2.png
"I am healthy. I just am struggling to eat after the battle went the way it had. I watched giant mantis mutants devour moon children today. How does that not churn your stomach? Every time I try to eat, I think of the blood and bones. But I digress."

He did not see a connection between his eyes and his stomach, nor why his mind would or should bother with thinking of blood and bones while eating. He usually was either going through the schedule, adjusting times and trainings, revising past trainings or evaluating past combat to find flaws and improve on them in the next training and fight.

The Imperator would continue, but then she continued with a question. And understood that she did not know what he was or where he came from. He laid down his cutlery, the meal either way nearly finished.

"Why did you join the Empire?"

He did not answer right away and she would continue to deepen her question.

"In complete honesty. I won't report any secrets to the ISB. Did you feel compelled? Were you born into imperial territory and felt the need to protect your home? Did you see corruption in other governments, like the Silver Jedi, and believe the Empire was the answer to those problems? Were you conscripted? Were you bored? And what do you feel now?"

"I am not part of this your Empire, nor is or would there be any reasoning, logical or emotional, behind me joining it. I am part of the Hegemony and there is no feeling outside of devotion and loyalty to its cause. Our Hegemon, Moff Sigismund for you, aligned Vandemar with the Empire which makes us allies."

His voice was very precise and neutral, even when talking about the devotion and loyalty his tone did not change or alter. His absence of pride or arrogance, of emotional attachment must have been unnerving.

"I feel hungry, rather, felt. I feel the need to stretch and warm up my muscles again. I feel the need to train and improve, to excel at what I am doing. Somehow though, I think, that this is not what you meant, judging by our conversation history."

Primaries eyes observe her, less of a human spark and more of a targeting laser which is fixed on a target. There are sparks of intelligence and coldness in them, but aside from their intensity, not giving off a hostile feeling.

rainadiv2.png

Mira was starting to see it. A fundamental lack of emotion or conviction. Curiosity led by pure factuality. An apathetic view of the world, not from bitterness but from not knowing any better. This man... was completely and utterly impersonal and uncaring. Not cruel, not filled with wrath or bitterness. Simply lacking normal emotion. It was... disturbing. Disturbing, yet curious.

Mira had been brought up to always be kind and compassionate. She could not understand that state of existence at all.

Perhaps, if he learned of the things she experienced and felt, he would learn more about what she saw.

But the Empire in alliance? For how long? The Empire served its own means above all else. How long until an allied figure dared think differently than it? How long until betrayal came from either side?

These were thoughts she would not dare to voice however. Mira still had faith in a Pellaeonist lead Empire, spearheaded by Michael Barran Michael Barran . That was why she followed him to the letter. But for now, Tarkinists still ran the show in a brutal fashion.

Mira instead sighed, leaning back a bit as she looked up at the tower of a man she conversed with.

"I was born and raised on Atrisia."

She frowned, seeing blue as nostalgic sorrow encompassed her. "My parents both were members of the Silver Jedi Order far off, but not for long. My mother died on a mission when I was little, and my father left their order when they joined forces with the Sith and let them settle in their territory. He and my uncle had lost all faith in them, and they taught me why."

"In my teens, I witnessed the incompetence of Atrisia's local government. The threat of Mythos should have been crushed long before, yet the followers remained unpunished and unchecked. They burned down my home, slaughtered my aunt and uncle. My village still has not been rebuilt..."

She looked up to Primarion Hiperius Primarion Hiperius , "Not to mention, how the Maw completely dominated the weak Galactic Alliance. Where were the Jedi and governance of freedom and justice, when the Maw enslaved and twisted so many innocent homes?"

She glared, rare genuine anger in her eyes, as she spoke with true conviction, "Yet the Empire stood when others fell. The Empire is not laxed on crime, and the Empire protects its people. The Empire has zero tolerance for criminals, and especially not for Sith and their machinations. I joined the Empire because they know how to get things done."

It was all true. Even if she was outraged at the rights violations and tyranny of the Tarkinists, she still believed that the Empire had a better idea on how to rule the galaxy than most. Taking action, zero tolerance for criminals, and maintaining peace and order throughout their realm. The hearts and minds of the people, as Lucien Dooku had put it, and justice for all. That was why she was here. That was why she continued to fight. Would Hyperius understand that?

rainadiv2.png

Last edited:

<Aegis-1-Actual>

Armor | Weapon

line2.png
Primarion did not look bored or excited, he was attentive and listening to her. His expression did not seem to change, nor his pose or stance, yet he somehow gave off the impression of actively listening, the occasional blinking indicating that he apparently did not fell asleep with open eyes. He did not ask any questions nor nodded, he let her to her flow of talking. It seemed the best thing to do, interrupting someone in an emotional opening seemed both not acceptable and counter-productive.

She agitated herself, she had passion and she had emotions which let go. The battle must have made her unstable, maybe that was always the case? She did not seem like a typical Sith who would be derailed once and lost forever, it was her way of dealing with her mental issues and problems. Mira got herself so far to be close to be spitting out physically when mentioning the Jedi, a resentment he could understand. Not from an emotional basis, but as part of his purpose.

When she went on about the Empire, he first time reacted by slightly tilting his head, offering something of a reaction.

"The Empire is the second step in the right direction following the New Imperial Order. It has a certain quality in its enforcement of order and stability as well as its extensive militarism. But as long as Force Users like yourself are even considered as its leaders, it is fundamentally flawed, just as the Galactic Alliance just as you mentioned. The Imperial Knights certainly are a strong improvement over Sith and Jedi, but they are nevertheless a liability to stability as your recent and previous succession crisises indicate."

Primarion spoke what he thought, what he know, how he viewed it. It was his personal view and the one shared by his Hegemon, unlike expected or implied, the Maiors of his kind were not indoctrinated with force like the Minors. He learned, he saw, he recognised and he formed his own portion of ideology. Yet his interaction with the outside world was yet very fresh and so sharing it was not his specialty.

rainadiv2.png

Mira nodded in response to Hyperius' claims, indicating that she was listening. She was far from the most expressive person, but even she was far more emotive than Primarion himself. Still, she was serious and attentive as she listened, never interrupting or interjecting input as he spoke.

Mira looked down at her hands as she considered what he said. They were laid atop the table, palms down. She blinked slowly, in that dull way she always did. She spoke. "The history of the Galaxy has always been determined by two main forces, the Jedi and the Sith."

She looked up to the colossal again, "The Sith were always determined to rule, tyrannically and through power, as is their nature. The Jedi have tried to maintain political power, hoping it will allow them to keep the peace better - or secure their place in the Galaxy. But every time, corruption was and is a guarantee. As a peace keeping Force Order, they could be strong. As a political power, they fail at everything they try to achieve."

She looked back down to the table. "Perhaps you are right. The Dark Side leads to selfishness and cruelty. The Light Side leaves people complacent and dumb. Is there a place for righteous anger in the Force, even using the Dark Side? Is there a place where following the Will of the Force in the Light is enlightening? Yes. But as political powers?"

She looked back up to Primarion Hiperius Primarion Hiperius with her answer, "I believe not."

She nodded, "I am far from against the use of the Force. I even am not against Force users taking offices and positions of power. But Force Orders have no place dictating the direction of civilizations."

rainadiv2.png

line2.png
"I am far from against the use of the Force. I even am not against Force users taking offices and positions of power. But Force Orders have no place dictating the direction of civilizations."

He considered the sentiment for a moment, seemingly scanning it for its possibilities and opportunities or even compliance with his view, remaining silent for a second or two. Primarion did not look away or seem otherwise thoughtful, he was just silent and his eyes had narrowed ever so slightly.

"Peace is an abstract term and I would not try to justify the impossibility of achieving it ever. But the Force and its users are responsible for all conflicts which have disturbed the Galaxy with very few exceptions. I personally see no difference between a Jedi or Sith in regards to their person, just how I eliminate them.

"I stand for a technocratic view, the best suitable and skilled individual should claim a position - but where to draw the line of when aptitude and talent ends and the Force abilities in a person start? There is no viable solution but to remove the disturbance from the equation, which is the Force user. Hence why I cannot believe in peace as a total or absolute state - the Force is part of nature and unless we figure out how to exterminate it, we have to ever be vigilant and hunt the Force user."

The golden giant paused for a moment, as if he really was considering something or feeling some relief or revelation. In fact, he was simply adjusting his schedule to include this as a lesson in rhetorics, ideology and focus. It was certainly intriguing to exchange with his natural enemy, despite them being on the same side for now. He could tolerate to work alongside those who sought to bring an end to tyranny and false holiness.

"Why is your mental and physical health afflicted by the battles you are going through? Do you see yourself as a warrior or soldier?"

rainadiv2.png

Dull_Eyes.jpg

It was an intimidating realization. That this was someone not only against Force Orders, but against the very Force itself. Did he put up with Force Users, such as herself, the way she put up with Tarkinists? This man seemed quite Tarkinist himself, in how he saw just wiping out all Force users as a valid form of justice.

More sighed, her eyes dull as ever as she dryly remarked, "I am sure all of us Force Users would be happy to roll over and let you kill us only for being Force Sensitive."

But his ending question came crashing in, as if to smooth over how he had just casually suggested the genocide of a group of people she was a part of. And so, she responded to his question, Perhaps, her sarcastic quip would be enough to get some sense lodged into that thick skull. She was still as calm and stoic as ever, her comment made more like a one off, snarky remark than an attack.

"To start, I see myself as an Imperial Knight. I fight because I have to, to maintain peace. But the peace you say is impossible is all I want. My goal was always to be a peace keeper; to protect those who cannot protect themselves and to punish those who would wish harm to them. But, I strive to be a better warden than the Jedi ever dreamed of being. If that means I get my hands dirty, so be it."

She then went on to say, "As for my affliction, it is because I care. Today, I saw not only monsters, but victims. The Maw has too many victims to count, and many were among their ranks. The Moon Children never chose to be birthed in such an abominable fashion, born into suffering and mindlessness. I saw them, and I felt pity for the people who had their sanity and minds stolen even before they left their test tubes. It sickens me."

She narrowed her eyes. For the first time in this entire conversation, she was directly glaring at Primarion Hiperius Primarion Hiperius . It was a challenge, and a little tiny hint of her anger towards people like him. Those who championed peace, but never felt a thing in pursuits of their grand goals. Those who promised order, but used the hand of justice to instead rule with the iron grip of fear. It was the rotted heart of Tarkinism, and the kinds of people Aoki could not bring herself to understand or respect.

"Do you feel these things at all? Pity, sorrow, grief? Do you understand not just what you fight for, but who you fight for? Are you so sure such extreme measures, genocide against entire groups and fear against the common people, is what will save us all? Or is it all for your own gain? And what do you wish to gain out of it?"

rainadiv2.png

Last edited:

line2.png
Primarion perks his eyebrows at her obviously cynical remark. He was entertained by the idea that his enemies would just offer to die instead of stand and fight, it would make his entire existence kinda useless, he was bred for the toughest fight the Galaxy has ever seen and he would see it through. Or one of his brothers would.

"I would not expect you to roll over, even though it would shortcut to the inevitable." The Imperator was not without wit.

She continued then, avoiding an answer to his question by glorifying her position and service.

"You keep comparing yourself and your order to the Jedi. Why? Why do you compare yourself to someone lesser, weaker than yourself? Any rat can do that. What is your strife, who do you want to be better as who is better than you?"

When she tried to summarize his approach, she failed miserably in his opinion. The Grand Legion would never be an instrument of fear or oppression, they were warriors, they were soldiers aimed to bring about an unparalleled order. He has never or would never kill an innocent in his way if it could be avoided. But he would also not hesitate to sacrifice a thousand to save a million, a million to save a billion.

"My brothers and me were not created to be the looming executioners axe over the heads of the people. We are an instrument to exercise strength, yes and people might fear us, but we are not there to crack down on those with a different law and culture. We believe in equal opportunities, in an egalitarian society where everyone can access education, justice and prosperity if they so wish. There is simply no space for the Force user in this outcome, they are creating disparity and inequality as well as leaning towards ancient religions with no place in a new order."

"As for my feelings. I pity those who are not capable of seeing beyond old dogmas and who are not capable to see the light compliance offers. The truth behind the agony and chaos they have been through. I mourn every life taken out of this stupidity because who knows what they might have been able to achieve without it. But is this impeding my judgement, clouding my mind or influence my decision-making? No. You will not find me crying about the losses already lost."

rainadiv2.png

Mira frowned. There was such a disconnect in Primarion Hiperius Primarion Hiperius 's thinking. He said he was against genocide, but wanted all Force users gone? Such dissonance. Still, she realized that she may had read him wrong. Despite his towering stature, he was not trying to enforce fear. Rather, like her, he was simply doing what he thought was right. Yet the measures he was willing to take, the sacrifices he was willing to make, she simply could not agree with.

She narrowed her eyes towards the table. How could so many people all be seeking the same thing, peace, but through different measures. And why was every attempt failing? She was even exhausted at the efforts of upholding order and justice in a galaxy of chaos and selfishness.

She sighed and reached back, fingers running through her messy hair.

"I compare myself to the Jedi," She started, "Because they set themselves up as the standard for all good. Of course, we both agree that they are in fact infallible and weak. But that does not stop them being the base that my parents and I all started at, and all hoped to be better than."

She then leaned against the table, "I do apologize for not reading you correctly. But I still... disagree... with your sort of methods. I cannot sacrifice so easily what should not be lost. Life is too valuable..."

The mangled Bodies and lifeless faces of the Highland Brotherhood Squadron she had lost in combat. They flashed before her eyes.

She then spoke again, eyes haunted and body exhausted. "I would rather not die in your error of thinking either. I will not lie down so easily, because someone thought all people gifted with the Force should be executed for existing. I am Force Sensitive. Would you kill me for that?"

rainadiv2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom