Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private On The Books

Malsheem

Sometime around midnight standard system time

Months here and she had barely scratched the library's surface, so much knowledge in such a place she could read through and eventually move to her own library that was currently under construction. However that was the least of her worries she first needed to get a good way into this massive place before she could even think of starting her own, she didnt know the time at all nor did she care sleep was a sort of thing she wasnt worried about much anymore not when she had the force, caf, and her own skills.

Nor did she care where in the library she was, she was currently deep in a book of lore reading over it feverishly as she had a wide grin upon her face as she turned the pages to the next. She reached for her stimcaf taking a sip as she nodded her head and then sighed finding a place to sit since she was getting tired of standing. Finding a table she sat the book down and then took a seat to read once more

While she did her mind wondered to other question, some relating to the very man who allowed her to roam this library and be in such a place, then it turned to his other half well LITERALLY his other half. Strange to see two similar yet very different kaines in a single place, star made a mental note to talk to the other but couldn't pull herself away from the book to do so at the moment
Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

Z17D2XX.png

The Athenaeum of Malsheem was one of the largest repositories of knowledge in the galaxy, the contents having been collected from over a thousand different sources whether by legal acquisition or outright plunder. It was a multi-leveled labyrinth of shelves containing untold yottabytes of data in the form of holobooks, datacrons, data-tapes, and holodiscs. Several sections of the Athenaeum were relegated to traditional knowledge such as flimsiplast books and even more ancient and archaic paper scrolls.

An inner sanctum existed to house the most coveted knowledge, Jedi and Sith holocrons chief among them. Only the Dark Lord could access those data vaults, and He loathed to gift out access to anyone but His most trusted inner circle. To protect against trespass half-cybernetic guards were entombed within the inner sanctum, forever cursed to stand in the silent vigil of their master's treasures.

Even outside of the inner sanctum, those who perused the contents of the Athenaeum were watched carefully. Though Stardust had become a regular figure to those who tended and maintained the Athenaeum, she was always regarded with suspicion and mistrust. There was always one of the Athenaeum custodians watching her from afar, just out of sight but never out of mind.

However, they would all scurry away as another figure appeared from the shadowy corridors. Dressed in muted gray and red robes, Demiurge approached the sleep-neglected Stardust without a word. His eyes cast down across the information she was consuming with an amused chuckle and the upturned lips of a smile.

"Studious is the Emerald Dragon, even at this late hour." His voice was like Carnifex's, but it lacked the sharp bite that came with the authoritative rumble of the Dark Lord. "I see you have made good use of the library, not one to squander gifts." He slipped into a nearby seat, watching her closely with his glowing eyes.

"What do you plan to gain from all this knowledge?"

She knew about the custodians watching her constantly, you didn't go through 40 years of on and off wars to not build up a second sense of being watched, even without having the force as her second set of eyes. However she generally unless looking for certain things didnt bother them as they didnt bother her thankfully, so her days she spent here was merely wandering where they allowed her to, drifting from book to scroll to holopages to holocrons.

Soon her reading however was interrupted, at first she gave a annoyed huff and went to ask what he wanted however the voice was off and as her eyes moved up she came to the face of demi... carnis other half...blinking a few times she marked her place and closed the book as she sat up and grinned

mmm it is late? Time here seems so different especially when I'm among ageless knowledge that I am eager to read. Carnifex has given me his blessing to roam where I'm allowed I cannot pass this up if I'm to one day make my ownassive library

She said in a oddly joyful tone, to say the least after she came back she had a different perspective on some things now, death seemed trivial in a sense, she had countless years to do different things and watch the galaxy grow and unfold. Tilting her head she thought for a second...mmmm....yes that was a complicated question she found herself with many answers to give

mmm what do I plan to gain? Knowledge of course! It is a weapon that many do not utilize or underutilize in most case. Even I'd my goal is to just make a library like this the knwidlge is quite useless. However wih it I plan to be a mmmmm...recorder per say. I want to document everything in the galaxy that happens, my followers are already had at work across the galaxy, while I get to set here and absorb this place....funny isnt it I find the pinnacle of knowledge in the place of thine enemy

There was a chuckle from her as she studied his face, mostly definitely a stark difference from carnifex he was much leaner then his counterpart, truely they showed two sides of a person! Oh she was slightly giddy speaking to him maybe ahanis personality had rubbed off a little...mmm...maybe

Z17D2XX.png

"The acquisition of knowledge is a powerful motivation."

Demiurge knew that all too well, for he had spent the last decade in rigorous study of forbidden and forgotten knowledge. He also knew the dangers, there were many cautionary tales that warned against the reckless pursuit of knowledge. They were often accompanied by warnings against the consumption of power, the pitfalls of sacrificing everything for your own selfish desires. The most famous was the Tragedy of Anakin Skywalker; a Jedi Knight who feared losing the ones he loved and destroyed them in his pursuit to save them.

It was something that the Sith needed to be mindful of, for the allure of the Dark Side was a powerful intoxicant that led many would-be Dark Lords to destruction and ruin.

"
Knowledge is a pathway to many things, Stardust Skirae. Power, salvation, destruction. I sense in you the pursuit of something greater than any of those things, something coveted by all who fear loss." It was not meant as derision, just a simple fact. All who gained power were afraid to lose it, even the Jedi and the Sith.

"
The power to live forever."

Her eyes cast downwards, lookomgbto the voidaotne ring upon her fingers as she moved her other hand to feel the smoothness idly while she thought to herself. The power to live forever, immortality, something she had been so close to and had failed. Now she couldn't take this damn ring off without incinerating everything around herself by merely existing, her brows furrowed in annoyance before she closed her eyes and let a heavy breath out

if I am to do such things I say, i need true immortality, for the one I've obtained relies on those outside. As long as my cult exists, as long as some of them are dedicated to me I will be brought back again and again and again

Her hand clenched a little, she felt like she had failed herself, what a full she felt like! She should've let those around her be destroyed so she could perfect her method....but that was not her at all....she would sacrifice herself for her allies and friends a thousand times before standing among their corpses. Looking to demi she spoke again

carnifex obtained it, you've obtained it, what do I lack? Or have we all not obtained true immortality without sacrifice...

Z17D2XX.png

"It is written that evolution requires a sacrifice," explained Demiurge, "In order to achieve what you desire you must prepare an offering."

From one of the nearby shelves, a heavy tome flew through the air into Demiurge's outstretched palm. The leather binding was inscribed with runes and other angular symbols, all bound together by a heavy clasp that could only be opened through the Force. With a roll of the wrist, Demiurge unlocked the tome and placed it down between himself and Stardust.

"
The old legends detail the exploits of those Sith who sought the path to immortality." He waved his hand and the pages turned rapidly, opening to a page that depicted a Sith Pureblood wearing ornate armor and covered with ritualistic tattoos. "Behold, the Dark Lord Tenebrae. He went further than any Sith before or to come, living for over fifteen hundred years and guiding the affairs of the galaxy through proxy vessels."

He waved his hand again and the page turned again, this time to a sketch of a Sith Lord wielding a sickle-bladed lightsaber and a grotesque hunched creature. "
Behold, Darth Noctyss and Darth Sanguis. Both sought the power of Exegol to achieve immortality, but both fell victim to their own greed and were cursed into sickly creatures."

Again, the pages turned rapidly. This time they settled on a familiar visage, that of Darth Sidious the Great. "
I assume he needs no introduction. He combined his master's knowledge of midi-chlorians with the science of the Dark Side, transferring his spirit into an empty host. But those bodies were frail and withered away under the strain of his power."

Demiurge closed the book.

"
The immortality of the spirit is unquestionable, but the immortality of the flesh is a lie. But through the Dark Side of the Force, such unnatural means can be obtained to transfer your life again and again. We have discovered much in our studies of the ancient history, and have applied what we have discovered to ensure that we will live forever."

He looked at Stardust, "
What secrets we could share with you, but what could you give us in return?"

Last edited:
There was a troubled look over her face, sure she knew of each in someanner or what not, each seeking to obtain true immortality, but each failing be it by their own hands or by another. Closing her eyes stardust stood and sighed, eyes turning away as she walke dover to a nearby bookshelf looking in thought before she spoke again

what could I give the sith...a blade through the chest? Perhaps my mercy? Perhaps the fact I myself allow carnifex to move without me attempting to stop him...as such my promise for allowing me access to here

She said and swept a hand over the massive library as that soft relaxed smile came back to her face

I'm a stubborn person demi, you probably know well from carnifex, but I am still a person who wants and needs for more. Now then

She came back and took a seat again mind cleared as she stared down demiurge, eyes alight with fire rivaled by only a few in the galaxy

what does CARNIFEX want from me in order for you two to give up such sacred info. Hes a greedy one and hungry as ever this I know very very very well

She said and chuckled as she leaned forward

but even I know some things are out of his reach too

"There are few things beyond our reach, dear Stardust."

Though the Dark Lord's mirror image did not move, Stardust would feel the distinct sensation of a pair of hands running their fingertips over both of her lekku. The sensation would persist despite attempts to brush it aside, eventually traveling down to feel like fingers gently wrapping around her throat. It wasn't the most subtle of gestures, but it conveyed the immense power and control that Demiurge, and by greater extension Carnifex, held over not only their domain but all those who resided within it.

"But we seek only a paltry offering." This time he did move, a flourish of his hands to produce a small ornate dagger ringed with Sith runes and other Dark Side icons. The dagger gave off a foul sensation, as though the horrors it had been used to inflict were permanently imprinted upon its surface.

"We need but only a drop of your blood. Then we will share many things with you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom