Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Old Scars and New Wounds

“I know…” She smiled and nodded in agreement, knowing full well he wasn’t chasing any sort of status in his efforts.

Still his conflictions remained, understandably. Amani eventually turned onto her side and faced him. “It’s not something that will ever feel… good. Or at least, it shouldn’t.” She clarified. The words were hard to come by, but the points of their last conversation resonated here as well.

“I think the truth is… there’s just no perfect fix for all of this. We can’t wish away those feelings, as much as I’d like to. But having them is part of being human, or- whatever-” There was the briefest break in tension, as she scoffed and smirked while gesturing towards her own non-human nature. Phrasing is hard. “I guess the point is: It is scary. But you feel that way because you care. Doing the right thing isn’t always the easy thing. Hell, usually it’s not.”

“Like you said, decent doesn’t mean perfect. I wish there was a better answer to all that, but... I don't know that there is, for us.”
She frowned a bit, feeling disappointed that there was little more comfort she could offer. That whatever solution there might be, she didn't have. If there was one at all.

Amani turned to face him, and Alicio looked back at her, letting his cheek rest on the cot between them. He peered into her ocean eyes, finding solace in her presence, and what words of wisdom she had.

And in the slight break of brevity, which the nobleman managed to find a dumb little smile at.

"Using my own words against me, I see." Alicio smirked, before taking on another neutral expression. "You're right. But I don't like admitting there's nothing I could have done."

Alicio turned his head back towards the sky. "That's the issue with problem-solvers like us; give us something with no solution, and we'll tear ourselves apart looking for one." It was a blessing and a curse. Tireless in their pursuit of a better way, unwilling to accept when there wasn't one.

"I... um..." Alicio seemed to hesitate, turning to Amani again. How did he express this? "I don't know what I did to deserve you. But I'm so glad you're here."

He couldn't imagine going through this alone.

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

Amani smirked back, “It’s pretty much our speciality at this point, isn’t it?” Sharing advice was one thing. But somehow, taking one’s own advice was a lot harder. That painfully idealistic mindset was something that both of them found strength and weakness in. At the very least, they could bring each other to confront the same demons they’d be too stubborn to confront alone.

“The galaxy can be a bad place. Which is exactly why we have to keep being otherwise.” In her time traveling the outer rim, she learned to truly appreciate the little differences she could make. That struggle of not doing enough was ever-present, but knowing that one more person could be helped, one more person would sleep better that night, brought a modicum of comfort to her. To keep fighting the fight.

Alicio turned back, and she watched his cloudy eyes with curiosity, then diffidence. Hearing him talk that way about her made her heart skip a beat. He needed her. And she needed him. Amani exhaled, “You really can’t be saying shit like that when my nose hurts,” she then abruptly closed the distance and kissed him deeply, angling her face just careful enough to avoid an immediate incident. Broken nose be damned.

Last edited:

Alicio nodded sagely at Amani's statement. She cared for him when he neglected to care for himself, and he'd like to think he did the same for her.

“The galaxy can be a bad place. Which is exactly why we have to keep being otherwise.”

Exhausting. Very noble, very brave, but exhausting.

And worth the pain. Especially as long as they were doing it together.

Alicio accepted Amani's lips, taking care not to bump the Mirialan's broken nose as they kissed. It was a drawn out moment of sheer bliss, magnified by the loss of the day. The pain made it all the sweeter, all the more addicting. Alicio broke away only when air became scarce, and only for a moment.

"I think I'm done talking, if you don't mind." Alicio managed a fragile, playful smile before closing the distance once more, with no plans of letting it open again.

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

Their lips parted, and Amani sighed. I'm so glad you're here. She wanted to reciprocate the sentiment aloud, but the moment seemed to overtake them both. Then again, maybe the kiss was evidence enough. Words could wait (As long as her nose didn't accidentally get hit anytime soon).

"Mhm. Yeah, that works for me-" Amani barely got the words out before she eagerly met Alicio halfway. They connected, and Sshe pulled him in closer, and settled for letting their emotions do the talking. They were hurt, Alicio especially, but they could find solace in each other's arms. For now, that would have to be enough.

At least something nice came out of this night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom