Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Friends and New Prospects

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Noah groaned as he looked over the datapad in his hands. For the last few months he had trying to organize a paramilitary force for the new Jedi Order that had popped up. Truth be told he despised the Jedi almost as much as he despised the Sith, both were a bunch of force users that thought themselves high above others do to them being able to use the force, but at least the Sith were honest about their thoughts though they were a bunch of murdering bastards.

Groaning again he put the datapad down before leaning his head back against the sofa he was sitting on, letting out a groan. They had given him resources of course but it was barely enough, the NCO's and officers they had provided him were adequate but they needed a push to become greater. He couldn't do it alone and he knew that. He needed to find someone to help. Picking up the datapad again he instead started to scroll through his contacts and one caught his eye: [member="Delila Castillon"].

It made sense. Dells was as an experienced officer as him, knew how to whip troops into shape and would give them that soldierly discipline they were currently lacking. Pulling up his messenger app he sent a quick message to her asking to meet him at his home on Alderaan and he has a prospect to discuss with her.

alderaan.jpg.696x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg
[member="Noah Corek"] | Alderaan​
When Delila had received the message she had read it carefully. More than once, let the message sit and read it over once again. Her first instinct was to reply to Corek with a small apology that she wouldn't be able to make it, providing a generic excuse as to why. In her very humble opinion, the Jedi did not need an army, a paramilitary force. Aiding in the creation of one bristled against much of her personal viewpoints. Were the Jedi sending off kids to die for their cause, avoiding the hard work? Delila figured they were no stranger to child endangerment, sending off younglings - "Padawans" they called them - to fight and die for adult causes. Ones they were too young to form opinions on. To fully appreciate.

In the end she had agreed to visit and help Corek. There were a few personal reasons - to keep an eye on this Jedi army, to learn more about an uprising that pertained to herself and [member="Xin Boa"] , and the offer of credit payment. While she and Xin made a decent living in the spacelanes, extra credits would go a long way towards their goals of visiting a few planets on excursions. It was why she out some reservations aside and agreed to make the trip to Alderaan, to assist with training. Besides, it may sharpen her up a bit. Spacer life had made her a bit soft, despite working out in the cargo hold several times a week.

It was why she found herself on a large Estate on Alderaan. How Corek could afford such a place was beyond her - maybe high paid mercenary work. An experienced soldier could demand a high payout for those who had the credits. Boots crunched across the driveway, gazing up at the large stone home.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Delila Castillon"]
As soon as Dells reached the start of the driveway two small children, one girl and one boy, would suddenly appear, holding up their hands in a obvious stopping motion. The girl was black haired, green-eyed and slightly taller than you'd expect from a five year old while the boy was red-haired, green-eyed and stood out because his elf-like pointed ears. "Halt! You are now on the property of the Corek and Feanor family and therefore must pay a toll of ten credits." The girl spoke and then the pulled the sleeve of her shirt to get her attention and quickly whispered into her ear.

Listening to him the girl quickly nodded and smiled. "After conferring with my brother we have decided instead the toll is twenty credits." Still smiling the pair held out their hands to Delila. It was at this moment that the door to the estate opened and out stepped Noah. Observing the scene for a few seconds he raised an eyebrow and chuckled before shaking his head and locking at Delila. "Are these two little bandits trying to shake you down Dell?" With a chuckle he descended the steps and came to the two children, kneeling down to their height and rubbing their heads. Looking up at Dell he shook his head.

"Dells good to see you. I'd like you meet Morgan and Junior, my daughter and son. Now I believe you two have something you should be doing?" After asking his question the twins gave a small pout but nonetheless gave Dells a small wave and retreated back into the house. Chuckling after watching them leave Noah turned to Dells. "To be honest Dells, I was surprised when you said you'd come. I know your feelings on the Jedi and was surprised."

[member="Noah Corek"]

Delila went to open her mouth to tell the kids to run off or to find someone else to scam when Corek opened the door. Apparently the two belonged to the old solider - when he decided to have a couple of kids was beyond her. Old soldiers settling down and living relatively quiet lives was the normal was of late it seemed.

"Nice to meet you kids."

The two scampered off and she found Corek facing her, surprised she even came. Delila was surprised she had came. Yet it was going to be extra credits and an opportunity to keep her skills sharp. The spacelanes went from quiet to action-packed within moments. If one didn't train everyday skills tended to be lost. Even training by herself wasn't the same.

"I was going to say no, but its credits and some opportunity to hone the rusty skills. I can't stand the Jedi and I cannot see why they would need a military force. Aren't they all trained warriors? These are the same people that sunk cities on Dac, I'm sure they don't need a paramilitary force. However, I came here willingly so I'll keep my opinions to myself."

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Alexandra normally would be the first to introduce herself to any of the people who decide to come near her home and her tree, insisting on dealing with such beings immediately. But she had become obsessed in one of her projects that day and her eyes continued tearing apart the machine infront of her as she worked without pause or food or drink. It had been some time since she had left the room and her hands continued on like a robot themselves. Oil and grease covered her hands and her clothing, burnt marks touching her skin where a few wires had sparked off while she had been too close.

It was then that she felt the change in everything and her eyes blinked, leaving her to pull back and look towards the wall. Different things changed in the air of the home and she sighed, her body raising from its place and starting to walk to the door. The Individual was already too close for her to waste her time with the force bringing her over so she walked through the halls given it was not too far.

Her body stopped as she noticed Noah and the children outside, their movements through the force causing significant interest and she turned towards the wall itself. With a single step her body phased into the wall and simply passing through, her steps carrying her through each barrier without hinderance until she came out to the side of Noah, looking at him with no change to her oil and grease covered appearance. Her wild hair untamed and her eyes staring at the woman before focusing on her kids as they scampered off.

Alexandra heard [member="Delila Castillon"] and her final words, causing a smile as she spoke up, appearing out of no where behind Noah once more, the situation common for Noah and something he had likely gotten used to.

"Jedi are useless when it comes to tactics and a blaster, most of the time. I would suggest not puting military choices in their hands if the choice was given. No heart in that code of their's and their teaching." She smiled at the woman and added one last bit. "Plus, Noah and his contacts can certainly do better... I assume this is one of your old coworkers Noah?" She looked at the man now, the grin on her face matched with an inquisitive stare from her eyes.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Xin witness Dells being ambushed by the children from a distance. He was a little way behind her, having stopped to pay the air taxi. Apparently parking a light freighter on someone's yard was considered rude. He was glad to miss that exchange; Xin was terribly awkward around other people's children.

This wasn't what he had expected and he could pick up a note of surprise from Dells too as he approached. When Xin had heard of the arrangement he had expected to drop her off at a small military base or office space.

The Nautolan had no military experience and nothing to offer on the matter of training soldiers, but seeing the family home he sauntered down towards the group.

Perhaps they paid well, he thought to himself as he offered a small smile and nod to Dells' old aquantainces.

[member="Alexandra Feanor"] | [member="Noah Corek"] | [member="Xin Boa"]

"Perhaps they shouldn't put themselves in the position where military tactics are needed."

Delila needed to play nice but sometimes it was difficult when it came to something she was more than a little passionate about. Sticking innocent kids to die at the whim of others was high on her list. She'd seen it in her career before. Encountered it recently with a pair of Duros running a small resistance cell for their own gain. As she got older the more vocal she had become about it - yet the 'verse didn't care. She could only help in small ways.

Xin approached and she slipped an arm around him, sides pressed together as she shot an amused look in his direction.

"Corek and I go way back to the Omega Protectorate. When we both still had milk at the corners of our mouth." Head inclined towards the Nautolan next to her. "Hope you don't mind Xin tagging along, we're a package deal as of late."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah was of course not surprised when his wife, [member="Alexandra Feanor"], suddenly appeared as if out of thin air. When they had first starting dating Alex had used this trick to scare Noah several times but after over five years of married life he had become use to it, hell he even expected it from her. Turning towards Alex he wrapped an arm around her waist and pressed a small kiss against her temple, not paying any mind to the oil and grease that she was covered in. When she asked if Dells was an old friend he smiled and nodded. "Yes. Alex this is [member="Delila Castillon"], we fought together in the Omega Protectorate. Dells this is my wife Alex, the only woman crazy enough to marry me."

Noah snorted when Dells mentioned their time in the Protectorate and then turned towards [member="Xin Boa"]. "Don't believe everything she tells you. We weren't nearly THAT green. Dells had a few years in the Republic Army under her belt and I had a decade and a half in the Commandos under mine. We weren't FNG's by any stretch of the word." When Dell mentioned bringing Xin along Noah waved his hand dismissvely. "Don't worry about it. We barely get any visitors its nice to have company. You guys are probably tired and hungry right? We've got food and drink inside." Gesturing towards the door Noah turned and began to walk up the steps, arm still around Alex's waist, somewhat protectively clutching her stomach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom