Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Old Friends and New Faces

"Three years and only a tenth of what you have access to," Vulpesen began, once more impressed by the find.

"That's incredible,"
Daella said, moving over to get a closer look into one of the chambers.

"When do you plan on looking for the planets?"
Vallen asked, finally finding a voice once more in the conversation. Having been marveling at the myriad of exhibitions around him, he hadn't found too many chances to speak up between his sister and his father asking all of the questions for him. "A planet sized temple would be awesome. What would you put in it?" It was a question that even his father was trying to figure out. Untold kilometers of space given to tradition. No doubt it would be a wonder to behold.

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Vulpesen Vulpesen

"We have searched for a few of them but there is a number of them and a lot of these old star charts are out of date." Things changed, planets did drift and anomalies came in the way. Still though they had managed to find a couple of things. Some of te worlds and information about older ships which had helped create ships like the Magdalana which was a sentient lightside ship and had been drifting in space with an organic exterior and the spirit of a jedi controlling it. "we have found other things as well and worked on designs that were created but never made like equipment or robes. We created bracers that channel and can counter lightning into electric judgement."

"I'm sure there's some way to track the movement of the planets." Vulpesen wasn't a spacer or a navigator by any means, but he did understand that nature had patterns and even if space wasn't the nature he was used to, it was in its own way a natural environment. The mention of the gauntlets caught Vulpesen's attention and his kids looked to him as its abilities were mentioned. He'd shared a few of his war stories with his kids, and his use of electric judgement in combat was a well known fact among those that knew his tactics. "Sounds useful. Maybe my own bracers could use an upgrade. Darts are fine and all, but I'll never say no to an edge against the sith."

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

Vulpesen Vulpesen

She looked a hima nd had a nod of her head. "We are working on it, the biggest problem with celestial drift is as expansion happening a single degree can eventually become tens of thousands of kilometers... now do that by what could be almost any direction and possibly factoring in heavy gravitational pulls from black holes or gas giants. It is all about patience and looking in the right places." She said it and was looking at them as she walked and opened one of the cases. "But I think there might be something good." She said it and was looking at them as she pulled out a Jal Naga Trench and took it over to thee girl. "Now I know how it look but optical camo and protective materials is important." She looked at the boy and nodded her head. "Here try these." She said it and held up Jianzhu Scout Robes with a grin. "These will drive your dad crazy." Then she looked at Vulpesen andraised an eyebrow. "HEre." She presented a Arukirī Micro Grenade Launcher for a means to give them some extra healing.

He hadn't considered anomalies such as black holes and other such gravitational changes and as Matsu pointed them out, Vulpesen nodded along. "I suppose that would make a bit of a difference in your calculations." As Matsu started to hand out her gifts, he rose a brow and looked over the materials. Her particular comment to his son and the mention of camouflage drew special attention. However, the offer of the grenade launcher did help to distract him as he looked over the device. "Had I known we were giving early life day presents, I would have brought something."

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

Vulpesen Vulpesen

That got a grin from her though as she waited there for a moment. "Well when visiting someone it is only fair... besides you were one of the most promising jedi we had and you are still around. Your children are a testiment to at least you not being a fool and believing like many that the darkside wouldn't corrupt you." She said it and internally laughed as he had seen many more lay claim to the position of supreme ultimate jedi who used the light and dark but then just wanted to impose their will on the people and always be in charge seeking more and more power. The jedi master had no real interest or use as she was finding a place to sit with some of the datapads to go over.

He nodded cordially to her words and he'd be lying if e said that he didn't feel a bit of pride welling up from her praise. "The force is a tool. The dark side exists for a reason, but it becomes a problem when one starts to rely on it." Vulpesen had skirted the edge of light and dark from an early age. He'd felt the temptation to fall and in the end, had rejected it. Nowadays, he found that he didn't really believe in the dichotomy of light and dark, at least, not in the way that the jedi and sith did. It was so much easier to simply think of good and evil. Even for those without the force, the power to take a life simply lay in the nearest blaster. To him, it wasn't the blaster that should be feared, but the man who would use it for anything less than a just cause.

"You told us you were a jedi, but I didn't know you were a big deal,"
Daella commented, her fingers dancing over the material of the coat that Matsu had handed her.

"I wouldn't say I was a big deal. I was just active in the war effort. I had to be a fast learner. Remember what your teachers say about the laws of nature. Its not the large who eat the small."

"Its the quick who eat the slow," Vallen completed. "So you learned quick to avoid getting 'eaten.'"

"Exactly. Hopefully, you two will have more time than I did to perfect your skills. Who knows, maybe someday you'll be like Master Ike here and you'll be living encyclopedias of the force."

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

Vulpesen Vulpesen

"Ehh I think he did more of the eating." The jedi master said it slightly to herself as a joke but then looked at them if they turned. "Your mother would explain it... maybe... anyways." She said it and was walking. "And we are walking we are walking." She said it while going and they had their robes but there was other things they could see. Different rooms that were filled with many more scrolls that turned the library she had above to shame and they were checking on a few things here. Holocrons and holograms that were set up establishing recordings from different eras. A copy of the galaxy map and she pointed it out. "That is one of the closest records we have for the pius dea crusades... it is a copy of the navigational virus that was used and general direction of the random hyperspace jumps."

Vulpesen rose a brow at the comment before busying himself with securing his gift under the fabric of his cloak. Once brought to the galaxy map, Vulpesen scanned over paths of the jumps, searching for some sort of pattern. "Something you're trying to learn form it?" For their part, Vallen and Daella would look up and around them though they too were also focusing on securing their respective gifts to their person.

"How many people do you have reading and watching all of this?"
Daella asked, much to her father's approval. While there was certainly a plethora of knowledge here, a single being could spend lifetimes researching it and hardly make a dent, even with a lifespan as considerable as his own.

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

Vulpesen Vulpesen

"Yes, despite what they became the jedi of the pius dea era were jedi at first and they learned how to open dimension tears. We have evidence enough of that from the rozzum so they had some skills similar to those who are randomly tearing asunder the barrier between here and the netherworld." She said it and she knew and had even helped with his plan bt the netherworld was many places and filled with many things... not all of them good... and you couldn't bring an entire ship in there to travel so they could have encountered anything. "If they knew how to open them perhaps they knew how to seal them... and the historical value is always there." She also looked at the children with the question. "Three hundred jedi and nearly eight hundred archive droids and two AI's. There is a lot of knowledge here but there is also the need to check and recheck thigns with what else we have recovered."

Vulpesen's hand rose up to his head, giving a scratch through his long hair as she mentioned the netherportals. More than anyone, Vulpesen was familiar with those tears in reality. "Closing them would be good. The galaxy got lucky when I was the one to use them for something major. Next time someone gets a wild hare to do the impossible, its luck might not hold out." He was talking of course, about the exodus project. Though Vulpesen might live thousands of years, his crowning achievement would likely be bringing back his exterminated race, walking them straight out of their afterlife to reclaim their stolen futures. "Besides, closing them might actually get their presence out of my skull, though if any more pop up I'll be sure to let you know." Even after all these years, Vulpesen could sense the exact location of each portal, or at least, the two that remained.

Matsu's numbers dew a whistle from Vallen and Daella's eyes turned into saucers. "That's amazing. I don't think I've even seen that many droids on Veradune." To this Vulpesen chuckled, leaning against a nearby wall as he offered a response.

"To be fair, Veradune recently had a significant boom in our population. Jobs are kind of important and I've always believed in trusting flesh over steel."

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

Vulpesen Vulpesen

She nodded to that and if there was a way to close portals then they might be able to handle the rifts when they were opened by others who were liking to screw around o many of the dangerous areas. She had seen several open tear open rifts in fights because why not rather then serve a purpose. The mention of the numbers though brought her attention around. "Flesh is good but droids can work tirelessly... when researchers get tired and worn out having a break or some food while a droid handles the smaller parts of the work like files and records of where everything goes is important but also one of the most tedious."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom