Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Old faces, ancient places

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ

enclavediv6.png

8kLUkw5.png

smalldivdark.png
SECTOR 04.

Tayl had not yet been to the great city her mother fought for. Indeed, the last time she set foot on Kestri's frozen surface, The embers of Clan Vizsla's conquest were still warm under their feet, and the armored boots of those brave Vode who had fought by their side, regardless of which clans claimed them. She was just a child then. Maybe 15, If even? It was hard to remember now, her accelerated aging saw each phase come and go like youthful dreams ever changing.

She met
Eliz then, her only friend at the time. Together they rescued the very Ursod that traveled by her side right now, trotting along happily as they explored the Residential quarters at the base of Mount Valum.

Looking from side to side, up and down the metallic walls of each building, observing each and every Mandalorian who is able to settle here, free from the stress and strife of that terrible galaxy beyond, It gave her a new appreciation for her Mother's sacrifices. A very small part of herself began to understand just why she was never really there. Not what duty asked of her, but what it would result in after her time had passed.

Truly her only regret in that moment, Was that Aloy Vizsla might never see the fruit of her labor. The world she fought to protect and build.
The future that Apollyon had stolen from her family.

It made her sick. Made her want to leave for
Katarye Alley and beat the nearest training droid senseless.

But no, she thought, turning her head to the gray clouds overhead and closing her eyes,
Taking in a deep breath of that crisp Kestrin air

This is a peaceful place. Best left undisturbed.

There is a calming scent on the air... Sweet, like Aloy's voice. Warm, Like Tan'yill's embrace.

lLcXg5L.png

The sublime scent that filled the air seemed to come from a small but cozy-looking little house, the window had been cracked open to allow the heat from the oven to escape. This also allowed the sweet smells of whatever was cooking and or had been cooked inside to bless the nose of whoever wandered by, out of the many smells one could distinctly smell sweetened apples.

A young-looking woman with dark brown hair would step outside her front door for a moment, dusting flour off her apron before doing her hair up in a long ponytail. It would be then that she peers at Tayl who was passing by, a raised brow signaling that something was on the girl's mind.

"Tayl? Tayl Vizsla is that you? I swear I recognize you even after all these years.."

Whatever daydreaming Tayl might have been doing had been put on hold, as this stranger seemed to recognize her from somewhere, recalling how she had seemed to have known them many years ago.

"I know a face when I see it, here come inside I will explain more.. Rather cold out here!"

She laughs while holding open the door for the Twi'lek, the tattoo on her arm more noticeable now even though the ink was faded. The inside of the home was a sight indeed, baked goods along the kitchen counter, below them a mess of flour. There wasn't too much else of note, most things were simple but comfortable. The whole place seemed like someone's dream of a perfect little life, almost seeming like a place for a cozy childhood, tucked in warmth and sweets.

Only one thing stood out from the rest of the place, a proud-looking sigil of clan Krayt hung high above the dinner table.

"My apologies for the confusion, but I need to be inside to monitor my oven. I don't know if you remember me or not, but my mother and I used to work for the Black Hand. I still remember the day your mother introduced me to you on the ship and you handed me food, I don't think I had an actual name back then.. And I used to have white hair and amethyst eyes, the "Daughter" if that rings a bell.. Ahem, well now I am Venari, Venari Krayt! I would like to return the favor since you and your mother had fed me and taken me in, would you like anything? I have pies, cookies, and a cake! I also made some other things, I have been cooking to give gifts to all my neighbors."

She really wasn't kidding, the whole kitchen counter was abuzz with all sorts of goodies, hard telling what else had been stored away to cool down. Venari gives Tayl a warm smile, her cheeks faint red and covered in bits of flour.

smalldivgold.png

A distant voice gained the young Vizsla's attention, Calling a name she thought almost forgotten by the people she once called family. Shakily, she turned her head to the sound, only barely registering in her clouded mind. She just stared for a moment, looking at this strange young girl that seemed to know her.
Her hair was dark, and skin pale, unrecognizable save for that uncanny face. So familiar, and yet, she'd swear she had never seen it before.

"I know a face when I see it, here come inside I will explain more.. Rather cold out here!"

"I'm... sorry? Do I know you" She said in confusion and glanced down to Potaat, who just looked back up at her. If anything were wrong, be at an ambush or just poor intent, He surely would have alerted her by now.

So, She walked to the stranger's home, still fully armored with her helmet cradled under one arm, and armed to the teeth of course, stepping into the young baker's cozy little home.

Like stepping into a fairy tale, She thought to herself.

"My apologies for the confusion, but I need to be inside to monitor my oven.

"Oh! I see"

Tayl merely stood there for a time, Wearing that ever-neutral face she always had, now marked by that strange and tearful eyeliner, or perhaps tattoo.
But the more this young woman went on, the most confused she looked, as if trying to piece together some uncanny Deja vu.
Until at last, it hit her.

Daughter. That strange young girl that had her mother had brought to Roon. Another refugee of the twisted underworld they'd both called home for so long now.
They had lived together in Skyhold, albeit briefly. That girl was always kept under the watchful eye of that strange machine in her head, A bit like herself, in a strange sort of way.

would you like anything? I have pies, cookies, and a cake! I also made some other things, I have been cooking to give gifts to all my neighbors."

"You're- M.O.T.H.E.R.'s daughter?" She said, eyes widened looked up at Venari.

Tayl had never been an impulsive person. She was taught to think rationally, and quickly. The bio-inhibitor chip kept her in a chemically induced calm at all times. even regulating dopamine so that she could never truly anger.
But for the first time in her life, Tayl would act on impulse in that moment. Overjoyed to see a familiar face after all this time, after she thought that she had lost them all.

She put her arms around Venari, letting her helmet drop and magnetize to one of the many gription panels on her kama as she hugged her long lost friend, and now, her Vod.

lLcXg5L.png

She warmly accepts the hug, wrapping her warm and soft arms around her friend.. The flour of course gets on Tayl's armor.

"Mhm! That's me! After the Black Hand work started to stagnate, Mother wanted to find more jobs to keep me fed and warm. In my ever so-rebellious younger days, I wanted to not just have momma do all the work, but I also ignored her warnings and spent some years on Denon."

Venari pauses her story for a moment, cutting a slice of apple pie and putting it on a plate, heat bellowed out from the freshly cooked slice as it was gently placed upon a simple plate.

"I ended up being a street punk, and also a bounty woman or hitwoman.. Whichever you prefer, either way, it lead me down some bad roads walked by bad people. In my hubris, I thought nothing of it, proud of my street name as the "Cyber Dragoon". These tattoos I have are from that time, a dark time when I was very lost and misguided. I could remove them, but they serve as a reminder of my past ya know?"

The plate is placed on the table, Venari pulls out a seat and offers it to Tayl.

"Please do take a seat, have a slice! It came out of my oven not too long ago!"

Venari herself takes a seat at the table, letting out a simple "phew" as she wiped away some sweat off her forehead.

"My youthful ignorance was soon brought to an end though, someone backstabbed me and I got the wrong guy. That was when I changed my hair and eyes! I tried to do everything to escape my hunters to no avail, I was caught and sold into slavery for a time. One day by a stroke of pure luck, Kragr and a Jedi with him just so happened to be after the slaver boss. Those two cleaned up the slave pit on Denon and I was free, after some time I uhh came here to give thanks."

The holoprojector on Venari's wrist comes to life.

"And also to offer yourself as a foundling after not telling Mother the whole time, reminds me of Denon."

The girl chuckles a bit before letting out a playful sigh.

"I know I know mother! But you must admit I have been well taken care of, that is something we can both agree on for sure."

Silence surrounds the holoprojector for a moment before it lights up yet again.

"This is correct.. It is nice to watch you enjoy yourself and be happy for once, it makes me happy as well."

Venari smiles before pointing at the projector on her wrist.

"You remember momma, right? I think most of the Black Hand spent more time with her since she was the one doing missions."

smalldivgold.png

smalldivdark.png
Tayl could cope with the flour on her armor. Admittedly, it would have been a lot dustier on it's own if not for the Kestrin snow that had since melted over it's surface during the long trip to the heart of Tor Valum.
If anything, she was reluctant to pull away from their warm embrace... She hadn't embraced anyone, Not even her mother, Tan'yill, in nearly 4 years.
There had been nothing but bloodshed. A fight for survival in near purity. She'd learned things about the universe, about her fellow human beings, About Herself, that she wished never to know. Trust became a rare and expensive currency, And friends had become little more than enemies that had not yet betrayed her for a higher bidder.

Violet had been lost. In her place stood CC-117. The Ghost of Coruscant.

But for a moment, a glimpse of that little girl was seen again...

"Right. It's uhm. Good to see you again, Venari" She cleared her throat, letting go of Venari and simply bowing as she would to any honored host, Letting her old friend return to her cooking. Which of course smelled heavenly.

"Hm. It smells great, and it's a beautiful name you've chosen"

She actually... Smiled. A subtle, but genuine and warm smile. One that hadn't graced her violet lips in quite some time.
Even so, Venari's story on Denon was concerning. She didn't belong in such a nasty place, And her previous excursions on Denon left a foul, polluted taste in the young Twi'lek's mouth. Figuratively, at least. No, the only real taste in the air this evening was that of the girl's baking.

Baking that was enthusiastically offered, and graciously accepted. "Thank you"

She was admittedly a little quick to taste,
Taking up her utensils and snatching up a small chunk and carefully tasting. "Mm!" Well, not anymore. Now it was being aggressively chewed.

She kept taking little chunks like that while listening to her friend tell their story
, though her chewing progressively slowed as the story took darker turns. Her expression becoming more serious all the while.

"Mm... Denon is no place for a girl. No place for anyone, really. I'm... Sorry"

Then M.O.T.H.E.R. came to life, explaining an outcome that Tayl had never really considered. Venari was a foundling? She had just been a frightened little girl when they first met. M.o.t.h.e.r. was very protective of her little girl, and Venari seemed so blissfully innocent at the time.

Her brows raised a little, Tayl even glancing at the Krayt Dragon signet hung on the wall, but she didn't do or say much about it otherwise. If Venari was ready to be Mando'ade, than the young Vizsla was content to sit back and watch. Hopefully, she would see another Vod rise.

"You remember momma, right? I think most of the Black Hand spent more time with her since she was the one doing missions."

"Of course," She bowed respectfully to the AI, like a warrior of the old ways "It is good to see you again, as well"
As brief as their encounter had been, Tayl still had fond memories, even if some were strange. It wasn't every day that a Mandalorian took a liking to a machine, But this one was different. Intelligent, and with a good heart. By Mandalorian standards at least.

She knew Venari couldn't ask for a better guardian.

But of course, Tayl was here for her fleshy counterpart.
"Venari, If I may...? I still like your tattoo. Even if represents the old to you, I think it a fitting thing to bring into your new life"

"I know I did"

Even if only to make her old friend more comfortable, Tayl toook hold of her Lekku, tugging gently on the armored sleeve while slithering out of it to reveal the crusader tattoos coiling up like a briar ascending a young tree.

It seems the underworld had changed both these young women in ways that may never leave.

lLcXg5L.png

The liking of the tattoo would make Venari giggle a bit, she then taps at her chest area.

"I also have one that is a bunch of dangling skulls adorned with crowns, I um, I was a very rebellious kid. Ahh I remember I had gotten the tattoo to feel really cool, it all fit into my old persona."

Her eyes roll as she shakes her head.

"It was all so stupid, all I need now is my new family. You would not even begin to know the joy I have gotten these last few days, all my neighbors are welcoming and nice, and my adoptive father is a good man."

Mother once again comes to life, the holoprojector turning on.

"Last I had seen you, you were fifteen years of age. It is odd to see everyone around me age and grow, I of course cannot relate to this.

This of course brought up a whole new topic that neither Venari or Mother wanted to speak about.. One day her daughter would pass, yet the AI would still be alive. Deep down, the AI hated this, it wanted to live and pass with Venari.

"You age in your own way, momma. Anywho, it is lovely to see that you enjoy my pie! You could day I bake them with love, but I also know my way around the kitchen of course! A hobby can be good for you, cooking helps me be distracted and proactive throughout the day. Do you have any hobbies, Tayl?

She then cuts another slice of the pie, offering to place it on Tayl's plate in case she wanted more.

smalldivgold.png

smalldivdark.png
"Last I had seen you, you were fifteen years of age. It is odd to see everyone around me age and grow, I of course cannot relate to this.

Tayl slowly nodded to M-O-T-H-E-R, lips curling in an uncomfortable frown between bites.
"If it makes you feel any better, I suffered from accelerated aging until recently. I've only been alive for a decade or so"

The A.I. could put the pieces together if she really wanted to. Tayl would answer if she really had to of course, but she still hated being a strand cast. Just some thing grown in a vat to fight. Supposedly Aloy had her grown to raise as a child, but sometimes she wondered if it was even true.

Lucky for her, Venari broke that line of thought with more pie, which was graciously accepted as Tayl held out a plate in both hands. It was so much better than the ration bars she'd grown used to! Damn well made her feel like a person again, even if only for the moment.

cooking helps me be distracted and proactive throughout the day. Do you have any hobbies, Tayl?

She slowly, very slowly, stopped chewing her pie. Staring after a moment until she had finished chewing, just sort of poking at her food mindlessly while speaking. Perhaps the the chip only repressed certain emotions, as evident by the lighter, almost lavender shade spreading through her cheeks.

"I'm uhm. learning the
Bes'bev and Bes'nynir... I also... sing"

She had picked up singing a long time ago, actually. On a long voyage across the star-tides, with some very interesting company to boot. A shame that she couldn't share it with anyone, though. It made her face all warm and her mind feel squishy.

GsAsqiJ00k6DGBVfopt4nZB_lXC-0w0w2OlUyu0txsa_5Ym7eJstOzMlllRgJMXvpCO5gfg5DWOwfIHYJJcAOAImlZ8k4jI-6UjbpxvbC9JgpHr2MIcWBHJwmvEz8GXVDYw2jTzyUqY3cC9CmoI2xTmp_eX-nAW_e6A18mOMkNlWByY-7G4dD4Sv_w

The slice of pie is gently placed upon the eager plate of Venari's friend, heat steams off of the fresh slice as its sweet apple scent would flood Tayl's nostrils. Venari's home was just too damn cozy, only thing it was missing was the classical hearth.

"I can't say I know how to sing, or play music. My little hobbies all focus on creating with my hands I guess, things like cooking or crafting things from clay just for fun. Back on Denon I used to love taking tech scraps people would toss, turning the parts into little things. I made a neat neon sign for my old room that way actually, maybe I could make something neat out of the things around here?"

Venari gives Tayl a pat on the head giving her Twi'lek friend a warm smile, a white, floury handprint would be left on Tayl's forehead.

"Oh! Sh- Sorry about that! Keep forgetting my hands are basically just flour right now... Speaking of.."

Much like a mother trying to keep track of a million things at once, Venari would be juggling her attention to many projects that were sprawled out among the counter. Soon she puts down some sort of jug, taking something new out of the oven. This new treat didn't smell sweet though, it smelt of spiced meats, melted cheese, and buttery crust. Venari puts her padded mitts to the side before placing both hands on her hips, proud of her creation.

"Besides the pie, is there anything else you want?"
Ou35dkZqAmNlCOVIZxLh0c0R010X-6uE8llNe6RxftFOAf2nlIqRdcQZjlHkn6QuCXE3eURzoKYkXsATB3-8A5Tv2qeevl3ip0MzxzZ2PH4i3B98e51m5tGDZMeedOB1hvtf3gePXNDdPxVch7m80EWQWmgjin4BBItKdS-PurPMSeAdRSjBbkPzLg

smalldivdark.png
Tayl actually... giggled while being pat on the head. Most people would have gotten a sharp glare or a grab of the wrist, but she just giggled like she was a little girl again. Maybe it was just the flour or that it was Venari, but she smiled so warmly.

"Oh Venari! It's just... flavored dust, really"

More pie was taken from her plate, although much more courteously now. Like a Coruscanti senator sampling gourmet dishes at some 5 star restaurant. It had her little blue tongue practically dancing around the buttery crust and sweet apple filling until Venari asked if Tayl wanted anything else.

"Mmm...? I guess a drink wouldn't hurt? But- I don't want to be a bad guest"

"Honestly I'm just... I'm glad to see an old friend again"

Manda only knows she had too few till now. Sutaz' help had been welcomed of course, but they hadn't gotten to speak face to face in so very long... Same for Eliz, wherever that boy was. She might even be older than him now, given her accelerated aging. Such a strange thing to think about.

"Actually... Venari...? Maybe I could ask something of you" She looks up at her old friend, handprint still on her forehead while she was lost in thought. It even matched her helmet!

"How old are you...? You were a few years older than me when we met, I think. But now you've grown even more! But... you still look around my age?"

It wasn't until just then that she finally started to rub away the flour with the back of her gloved hand.

JId24PQlJZr31SfOUfVM_tSuqYtlQHtMP_qgJaz4rK5TsGRO2O3O5nD0VQzsgMPy8r0h_4kDF3hme2XNiTINnNpc8At6EBOYNv4BKQwEUVRK8Y6Lz8Yu8xmmV4_aNvmpj06WD2eS2pouiX_yX9cnDSyA6jdGBM3-UNxpPmvnXLhd_CgMAGBJPqIl8w

She opens her fridge, looking through what all was in there.

"You wanting something simple like plain water? Or umm.. What all do I have.. There is a sugary drink, and I also have some mead that I made for my father. I have yet to surprise him with it though! Hmm.."

Venari starts to dig around the fridge more, setting stuff on the counter.

"My age? Now is that something you ask a lady? Ah just messing around, I am twenty two."

Once whatever drink Tayl wanted was picked, a full cup is poured and gently set upon the table. Venari herself takes a seat now, cutting open what could basically be described as a calzone. Steaming hot sauce leaks from the food, followed by stringy cheese stuck on Venari's fork.

AH5YbaPfMqScxw96NJQow1FREhd6rqfOziDKWT04bCuFsQwX-4UsSQztejrfG2zGKJJOhXHJePZEpo18hJaiQ9wWqyRlrT-T8wMPhag2pn8qWMPRROojcw4fVOqwv8mWQ1mBmcTCsW1VvSXAaG_6tDn_fffOGEdtzCgP-pZ57eNyhMG-wKEgPpfGPA

smalldivdark.png
"My age? Now is that something you ask a lady? Ah just messing around, I am twenty two."

Tayl just scoffs at the age comment, giving Venari a bored looking glare "Just curious if mother's 'Handiwork' screwed me out of having friends my age... Glad it didn't"

"Mm. I wouldn't mind something sweet, though, if it's really no bother. I think the mead is best saved for your father"

Poor Kragr needed all the encouragement he could get, if the stories were true. Clan Loc, butchered to the last child. Maybe adopting Venari would bring him some comfort then, And Venari could even share Tayl's experience as the daughter of a clan Alor.

"Your father's... A good man, from what I heard. Mother was there when Apollyon killed his clan... If he's still fighting the good fight, well, means he's a sturdy one. The kind of father your mother would want for you, maybe...?"

She glanced at the little holoprojector again, curious if M-O-T-H-E-R would answer. Must be nice, having both parents in your life like that. Even if it was a little late. She knew that Venari's childhood wasn't exactly great either, being manufactured in some kind of way. A clone perhaps? or another strand cast.

"Anyway, seems we're the same age now. Share similar hobbies, similar upbringing. A few similar experiences, and now, a culture even! Think we might share a battlefield sometime? Once Aloy is... yeah"

JId24PQlJZr31SfOUfVM_tSuqYtlQHtMP_qgJaz4rK5TsGRO2O3O5nD0VQzsgMPy8r0h_4kDF3hme2XNiTINnNpc8At6EBOYNv4BKQwEUVRK8Y6Lz8Yu8xmmV4_aNvmpj06WD2eS2pouiX_yX9cnDSyA6jdGBM3-UNxpPmvnXLhd_CgMAGBJPqIl8w

The drink served to Tayl would bubble around within the cup, it seemed to be some sort of soda. Dark yet sugary sweet, the carbonated bubbles dancing around in the mouth.

"I wouldn't say my mother has ever stopped me from making friends.. Well, the right friends that is. When I was younger and with the black hand she constantly encouraged me to go speak with you all and be friends."

She pokes at her food, a little disappointed at the comment made. On the subject of her father though, Venari lightly smiles, going back to her food.

"I wish to learn from his example, rise from the ashes and lash out, like a true warrior. No matter the pain, suffering, or death around us we must push on. A good soldier protects their people down to the last round, and I want to be that. Just like my father and everyone else, I want to be a good soldier."

Taking a bite out of her meal, she stands while chewing, energetically walking over to a button. Once pressed a large.. No, very large gun is lifted up onto a seperate table, proudly on display.

"This is my gun, fun little thing it is.. heh it even shredded and melted the targets with ease. I pity whatever idiot is caught in the blasts of this baby, me and momma will make it go away quickly."

The AI speaks up from her daughter's wrist once again.

"Not the way I like to do things, but how can I deny that it is rather fun to shoot. As for Kragr..... He is interesting."

Venari raises a brow, giggling a bit.

"See what that really means is that momma has a crush on him!"

It would be unknown what all Mother said in their connected minds just then, but whatever it was, it caused the young foundling to go into a pure giggle fit at her mother's expense.

AH5YbaPfMqScxw96NJQow1FREhd6rqfOziDKWT04bCuFsQwX-4UsSQztejrfG2zGKJJOhXHJePZEpo18hJaiQ9wWqyRlrT-T8wMPhag2pn8qWMPRROojcw4fVOqwv8mWQ1mBmcTCsW1VvSXAaG_6tDn_fffOGEdtzCgP-pZ57eNyhMG-wKEgPpfGPA

smalldivdark.png
"Oh, I only meant-" How was she going to explain that she was just a clone to her friend? That she's not even a real person...
Her only purpose was to fight and serve her mothers. Well, maybe one of them anyway. Tan'yill at the very least treated her like a daughter and not so much a tool. The older Twi'lek had actually been there since she first left the cloning vat.

Her thoughts trailed off as she sipped her drink, taking time to savor the sweet taste and the strange tingling it left on her tongue. Venari had so many strange things in her kitchen! but it was all so good.

I want to be a good soldier."

"Mm. I know that feeling well"
Seeing her friend so enthusiastic about that brought a subtle smile to her face. Truly that girl had grown into something entirely new from that frightened little creature they dragged in on a rainy night. But she liked this new Venari, and perhaps one day, she could grow to respect her as a vod too?

That thought only echoed when she saw the great warmachine that Venari had stashed away, leaving the table without her usual etiquette as to get a closer look. She stood there for a moment, Arms folded behind her back while she loomed over the heavy repeater like a curious child.

"This is my gun, fun little thing it is.. heh

"Daaaamn girl... Wood finish and everything...!"

She instinctively reached out to touch it, only to hesitate part way and retract her hand as quickly as it had reached out. Best not touch other people's things, lest Dima's bad habits rub off on her...

"Model 39 if I'm not mistaken? Been thinking of buying one for some old friends I'm meeting later"
If they were still alive, at least. Redsun was, but the rest of viper team? that remained to be seen.

Reluctantly, she would come to part with the impressive blaster and sit herself down at the table again. finishing off her drink while she listened to Venari and, for a time, M-O-T-H-E-R.

He is interesting."
momma has a crush on him!"

That one had her staring at the ceiling in thought. It felt almost like a droid having feelings for it's owner, which honestly would make Tayl uncomfortable if it were her. But then again, M-O-T-H-E-R always did seem a little more lively than just some droid. She had her own opinions, views and ambitions- More than... herself, actually...

Was the AI more of a human being than herself? She'd only ever known what she was given, and yet this line of code had developed it's own identity and even a life for itself and it's "daughter", free of whatever constraints initially placed on it.

Still, she smiled, just shoving her own thoughts aside for those around her as she always had, and perhaps, always would.
Instead, and new topic was chosen to distract herself and be a polite little house guest for an old friend.

"So! Kragr, huh? Maybe we should get you a cute robo-body and set you two up with a date, huh?" She smiled fiendishly, exposing two nubby little fangs with a smug glint to them. Such a wonderful mask! It was even just genuine enough to make her forget, sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom