Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok final fantasy, let's be logical

I am making a high end submission of a Matsumoto sword (sephirtoh's sword) which is said to be 7 feet long. Now I know this is Star Wars so if I really wanted to do 7 feet I technically could, but what is a more reasonable length that keeps the spirit of a long katana alive? I am thinking a 5 foot blade and two handed hilt...

[member="Lanax Grayson"]

Ya like [member="Isley Verd"] you are looking at a Nodachi, though its not weird at all for blades to be that long and be of practical use. Some Greatswords were that long as it allowed greater force behind the blow.

[member="Solan Charr"]

While that may hold true for actual history, we are on a board where people wave around practically weightless laser sticks. By the time Mr. Odachi reared back he would be missing two limbs and a couple teeth.

Azaxle

A Real Doofus
Now while I might be some noob that hasn't made his roleplay character yet, ( I'm working on it, honest ) I do know a thing or two about swords.

A two-handed katana, nodachi or odachi, however you want to say it...they were conventionally used on horseback. A long blade makes for a safe bet when swinging on top of your high-horse, but they were impractical in other situations because of their unwieldy length. Hell, most people who had one either had the blade out for the entirety of a battle, or had someone who specifically carried their sheathed sword, as it would be very hard to draw alone in any quick fashion.

Not to mention someone else ([member="Isley Verd"]) said that most other people on here are fighting with weightless rave-sticks. Your choice'd be a handicap, to be sure.

[member="Isley Verd"]

Wrong sword, much too short.

[member="Marek Starchaser"][member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"]

Not to sound rude, I just hate how this happens on EVERY post I make. I did not say tell me what is a better weapon at any point so please don't make this an arguements of what weapons are better.

So much angst, good grief.

Most folks who have been around for awhile, like Marek, Kez, or myself, don't want to see someone get absolutely wrecked because they insist upon waving around a "special snowflake" weapon. However, if you want to make a Sephiroth-level katana, wave around a scythe, or whatever other weapon that works only in anime then go for it.

I'll just be sitting back with my bowl of popcorn waiting for the tears. Hasta.

[member="Lanax Grayson"]

You have reached the voice mail system.

This writer cannot be asked to give a hoot at the moment, but if you leave your name, your number, and a quick message, he'll get back to you never.

*beep*

[member="Isley Verd"]

My partner and I are making it from a material that can absorb and harness heat making it stronger and stronger with super heat so fighting against lightsabers gives the sword the advantage. I am then going to get multiple force users to embed it with the force to make it as light as a lightsaber and have almost the same cutting power. This submissions is months until he making and still needs a lot more time.

Lanax Grayson said:
a material that can absorb and harness heat making it stronger and stronger with super heat so fighting against lightsabers gives the sword the advantage. I am then going to get multiple force users to embed it with the force to make it as light as a lightsaber and have almost the same cutting power
Welp, there goes my suspension of disbelief. You do you, I guess, but I would never get behind something like that myself. Seems a little rediculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom