Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh god

Lord Tarantula

An Arachnid, not a Cephalopod
[member="Dariak Talesa"]

I RP on Beregen!

Also, don't let the dead bite. *gives [member="Treck"] an evil look and extends blades from all his hands*

Lord Theatrum said:
[member="Dariak Talesa"]

I RP on Beregen!
Ebon Hawke! I run Aliit Rikat, one of the Mando guilds there! It's good fun. I've often wondered how well the clan would do through the thousands of years. After reading some of the site lore the only answer I can think of is 'Not that well' :p

Evasion Studios
[member="Dariak Talesa"]

I am unaware how SWTOR rpgs actually go - though I assume it's more like a line or two of text for dialogue and your character actually moving around. Something akin to a simulator. When you enter into a forum roleplay, or any text-based game, everything you would have seen is merely described. My best advice for someone starting out in this kind of arena is to read a few novels of the SW universe. Darth Bane triology, Thawn triology, the I Jedi books, and the X-wing novels are all good places to start. Find a writer you like and see what you can come up with. I always recommend to emulate, and impersonate until you find your own style and rhythm.

Happy writing, and welcome to Chaos!

As far as the Mandos go - feel free to shoot a message to me (as I write Mand'alor currently) if you have any questions.

I can try learning as I go. I've done forum RP before but that was the Trek stuff. They didn't have thousands of little stories to catch up on and lore that spanned from the start of the galaxy to the current times. Less to learn per se. So I can try to knuckle down and see what I can do.

Lord Tarantula

An Arachnid, not a Cephalopod
[member="Dariak Talesa"]

If it makes you comfortable, feel free to copy over whatever characters you used in SWTOR. Even gear and tech would mostly be the same, if not timeline-based backstory.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Welcome! It is a bit overwhelming, but as you can see, there's a terrific group of people here :) I'm sure that you'll get the hang of it real quick!

[member="Dariak Talesa"]

Welcome to Chaos. This was also my first Play-by-Post RP experience, having formely RPed in table top games and MMOs.

Once you get familiar with the rules, factory, thread tags and all that, the rest should be gravy :)

Have fun!

Dariak Talesa said:
Ebon Hawke! I run Aliit Rikat, one of the Mando guilds there! It's good fun. I've often wondered how well the clan would do through the thousands of years. After reading some of the site lore the only answer I can think of is 'Not that well':p

Ah, I know you guys. I used to RP Archive, Vensent and a few others, like Drana'stair'eno. Not in the guild, but I routinely saw you around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom