Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Oh Captain, My Captain

Copy-of-wtthm-header01.png

Soundtrack: Dead Inside
Tags: Wizard

HkfIepX.png

"You're shitting me," Thayne said bitterly to the security guard.

"Your clearance isn't high enough, sir. There's a district-wide lockdown in effect. I can't let you through until it's lifted."

Thayne's eyes followed the guard's frustrated gestures to a holoscreen in the distance, running a looped feed of a burning train somewhere in the Corners. He held back a snide grin, instead opting for a faux gasp of surprise.

The security guard must’ve picked up on Thayne’s sarcasm, judging by the perturbed, “Move along!” he received.

Thayne rolled his eyes, slipping back into the crowd of people that had gathered around the checkpoint. One way or another, he was getting in.

He just needed a ticket.

Wizard

W

MOSHED-2022-8-18-23-45-30.jpg

Denon, Seven Corners
Tags: Thayne Tameron Thayne Tameron

hacker_me_boi.png

"Chit."

Wizard hadn't been back to Denon in years now. If he was being honest, he half expected to never come back. Everything in his analytical mind told him that life would be better off world. But how could he? Not with the streets he grew up in practically up in flames, and not just in the metaphorical sense. CorpSec had made a proper mess, as they so often had, but this was different. Waging a war on his people was personal. Wizard had tried to go to the "area zero" of it all, the Seven Corners, but whenever he tried to make it into the exclusion zone...

"You're clearance isn't high enough. This district is under strict lockdown. I suggest you move along if you know what's good for you."

A not-so-subtle threat. Nice to see that the corporate occupancy hadn't changed a bit. As he made his way away from the check point, he caught sight of another individual who had been turned away. Shorter by a little, but noticeably built. That wasn't your standard resident. Wizard was pretty confident in such a deduction.

"Turn you away as well?" He asked with a slightly lopsided smirk. "Real pain in the ass. Vomited some garbage about clearance... like that's gonna stop anyone."

It certainly wasn't stopping him, that was for sure. Wizard adjusted his glasses. The man seemed the type to come on as hired arms. A hit man, perhaps? Maybe a freelancer. If he was with CoprSec, he wouldn't have been denied access. Perhaps a deal of circumstance could be made.

"Name's Wizard," he greeted. "Was a local. Not so much these days. What's your deal? Hired gun? Opportunist? Tourist?"

HkfIepX.png

Thayne maintained his trajectory through the crowd, slowly moving toward the far edge of the pack, but he acknowledged the stranger’s approach nonetheless.

“Health inspector,” he remarked with a humored smirk.

“If my target seems too lively, I help alleviate their exuberance. Usually with a slug.”

Thayne shoved past a pair of Nautolans, shirking off the expletives they threw his way in their native tongue. He gestured for Wizard to join him.

“Wizard, eh? Who the feth names a baby ‘Wizard?’”

He flashed the man a toothy grin, clearly testing the waters. Make sure Wiz isn’t the type to stab him over a jest. You never know on Denon. He’d continue, both in conversation and on his path through the crowd.

“Call me Ghost,” he said plainly.

No first names for him when Darkwire’s involved. Only the title the Alliance newscasters had given him. Depending on Wizard’s stomping grounds, it was possible he’d have heard of the “Ghost of Kaas.” An unnamed and unidentified assassin who took out a half-dozen Sith (and, if the rumors are true, several Jedi Knights) on the fringe world of Dromund Kaas.

Though planets like Denon usually find ways to block the grittiest stories from the holofeeds. Sheep don’t run if they’re never afraid.

“They’ve upped security,” Thayne said as they neared the edge of the port.

He turned to face the man, handing him a fake ID card. It read ‘Samuel Forban.’

“Forgery’s worked here for months. All of a sudden, my ‘clearance’ isn’t high enough. Got any ideas?”

He grinned, a cold glint in his silvery eyes.

“I’ve got a ‘health inspection’ slated for this afternoon, and could use a hand. If you know how to slip into the Corners.”

A proposition most Denonites wouldn’t refuse, if they have the know-how.

Who doesn’t like killing CorpSec pencil pushers?

Wizard

W

Denon, Seven Corners

hacker_me_boi.png

“Wizard, eh? Who the feth names a baby ‘Wizard?’”

"Bastards, that's who," he shrugged, though there was a slight edge to his tone.

Wizard had very much come to accept his name, even embrace it, but gods were his parents out of touch. It was a bridge he burned for a reason. They couldn't understand how intelligent he was, let alone care in the first place. So, the streets claimed him, as they did so many others.

When the stranger gave his name, the slicer's eyes lit up.

"Ghost you say?" Wizard noted, his interest peaking. "A name with a reputation behind it, eh? I pity the soul awaiting 'inspection,' as you put it."

A man who had slain Sith and Jedi alike. Of course, Wizard wasn't a fan of either. From genocidal maniacs to tacky cultists, neither really tickled his fancy. That didn't mean he couldn't respect their strength. Killing one as a normal individual was impressive on it's own.

"I've certainly thought of a way in," he nodded as the Ghost asked for his aid. "All we need are clearance codes, correct? There's a CorpSec waypoint not too far from here. I'd reason that it's lights could go dark with a little bit of outside influence... long enough for, let's say... two unexpected guests to slip in and borrow the codes of their high-ranking staff. After properly thanking them for their hospitality, of course."

The Ghost of Kaas was just the kind of individual he needed for such an operation. What good fortune that he had managed to scope him out.

"So... I do believe we've found ourselves in a bit of an alliance."

HkfIepX.png

"So... I do believe we've found ourselves in a bit of an alliance."

“An alliance indeed,” the Ghost said, offering his hand for a shake.

There’s no honor among thieves, but it’s certainly harder to backstab a man if you’ve shaken his hand. At least that was the case for Thayne.

He couldn’t help but crack a devilish grin. He liked this Wizard character more and more. Whether is was by some happy coincidence or a higher providence (at the expense of the Corpo who’s life would be ending in a few hours), the Ghost had made a seemingly useful ally. Hopefully that would bode well for the rest of the mission.

“Those ‘bastards’ seemed to have picked a fitting moniker,” he jested, impressed with the plan.

His eyes came to the security station not far ahead, scoping it out for potential threats before they closed the distance. He patted a sheathed vibroblade on his hip as he turned to face his accomplice.

“Are you better with confrontation or sabotage?” he asked in a hushed tone.

Wizard

W

Denon, Seven Corners

hacker_me_boi.png

“Are you better with confrontation or sabotage?”

"I'm good in a fight," Wizard assured. "Fancy myself a bit of a boxer. Street tournaments of course. Nothing regulated. I also pack a hand cannon if you're curious about my capability of blowing brains out. But... I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a way with sabotage."

There was room for both, but his mind was geared for the later perfectly. Wizard had the skill set and analytical mind to boot. It was no wonder that he had a preference. After all, it was only logical that he would.

"Thankfully, sabotage should be simple enough," he stated with a hushed tone. "Outposts like these have a terminal that's hooked right in to all of there systems for staff identification. Unfortunately for our friends, that also means it's a back door for us. I trigger an emergency shut down, and then we can move on to confrontation."

The only problem was getting up to the terminal without alerting the guards. If they reported suspicious behavior back to their higher ups, the operation was bust.

"I imagine you don't have a cloaking device on your person?" he joked.

HkfIepX.png

The plan seemed simple enough, and Thayne felt like he could trust Wizard with the sabotage. Hopefully his namesake wouldn’t turn out to be some kind of cosmic jest.

With a subtle nod and a wry smile, the assassin stepped away from his newfound compatriot and slipped into a dense pack of civilians. Their angry shouts and vulgar hand gestures made navigating the pack a bit difficult, but the constant motion kept him hidden among them.

When he finally emerged, he was only a few meters away from the security checkpoint.

Thayne’s eyes scanned quickly for Wiz, and when he saw the saboteur moving into position, the Ghost turned his attention to the sole guard patrolling the rear of the checkpoint.

Too easy.

He stepped away from the crowd, waltzing up to the Corpo with a guise of self-important authority.

“Hey! This is a restricted area, you need to leave-“

“Is that anyway to speak to a captain?” Thayne interjected.

It might have been the duraplast armor, but for a brief moment, the guard held his tongue. It was just long enough for Thayne’s left hand to clasp over the man’s mouth while his right plunged a vibroknife into his neck.

The Seccer’s life fleeted fast from his now-vacant eyes. Thayne was quick to lower the corpse to the ground, against the back wall and just out of sight from the crowd - as if they’d really protest a CorpSec casualty anyway.

With the doorman out of the way, Thayne waited patiently for Wizard to kill the lights and brick the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom