Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Of Easy Wind and Downy Flake

There.” Miri turned the guestbook around, having finished signing in. “All set.

“Ooh, your handwriting is so pretty!” The resort receptionist gushed. She held out the room key. “Enjoy your stay!”

She certainly hoped she would. After finishing their mission on Neshtab, Miri and Kyell were both given a much deserved break. Master Yenna Yenna had suggested the chilly planet might serve as a retreat, but after the events of their little adventure, Miri was less inclined to agree.

Instead, she had gotten a room at a ski resort on Alderaan. The place was familiar to her—she had spent a couple of childhood vacations there and fell in love with it. Her fondness for cold mountain climates didn’t seem to be shared by Kyell, but she was intent on going. Given the option of accompanying her to Alderaan or heading home to Coruscant, his choice was obvious.

As Miri’s hand closed around the key, a door behind her slid open unexpectedly. A pile of snow was blown in by a howling wind, along with a hapless hotel guest who staggered toward the nearest heater, shivering.

Is there a blizzard out there?” Miri asked, facing the receptionist again.

“Looks like it. A freak storm, too—normally the weather is much nicer at this time of year. Hopefully it will blow over soon, and then we’ll have some fresh snow on the slopes tomorrow!”

Hopefully,” Miri agreed, picking up her luggage.

Kyell Laysel

K

52_2717_post_media_R7Fg-1024x576.png

Tag: Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

Kyell was awfully quiet, even for a mute.

The mission to Neshtab had forced him into the environment he disliked the most — extreme cold, and when he thought they'd finally leave it behind after completing a mission, Miri just had to drag him to another cold planet. This time, at least, there was no serious business to focus on, and seeing how happy she was to go on this little vacation with him helped keep him warm. Or maybe it was just all the heavy lifting... he of course insisted on dragging along their luggage while she'd handle checking them into the resort.

He was never good at that stuff, so he gladly left that to her while he looked at some flyers that advertised various activities in the area. The one that stood out to him most, though, was something about a sauna within the resort. Probably because it was the only option that involved something warm.

<Hey look, they got a sauna here. Could be nice for some relaxation later, eh?> he grinned at the thought and turned back to Miri, right as the door behind them opened and a very cold wind struck his back and exposed neck. Still connected to her mind, Miri would hear a telepathic grumbling while he shivered.

Miri confirmed with the receptionist that it was indeed a blizzard, and Kyell gave her a smug look,
<Seems like we'll be stuck inside, where it's nice and warm,> he teased with a wink. He knew that she wanted to go out and have fun, and he wasn't going to be grumpy and annoying about that. It was simply too much fun to mess with her a little.

Miri gave Kyell a wink. <Only if I get to push you down a snow-capped mountain later.>

She was a bit bummed about the blizzard, but hadn't given up hope yet. The weather could always change. And in the meantime, there were other things to do. <I certainly wouldn’t mind being stuck here with you.>

Upon reaching the room, she unlocked the door and gestured with a dramatic sweep of her arm. <Here we are. Alas, I am but a poor Jedi Padawan and could only afford one room with one bed. After having your own private quarters at the palace, I hope it's not too much of a downgrade.>

The room was quite nice, with a large comfortable looking bed and a quaint fireplace that appeared to be real rather than merely decorative. Miri helped to carry in the luggage and started to unpack. The lights flickered briefly.

Kyell Laysel

K

<It's a deal,> Kyell said, flashing her a grin in response to her wink. As annoying as the cold could be, it hardly phased him when they were goofing off and enjoying each other's company. A blizzard, however, was a different kind of problem. Plenty of people got themselves in trouble every year being out and about with dangerous weather, and he didn't want to be on a list like that. Surviving lightsaber duels only to get cold by some frozen water.

The two soon reached their room, and he'd watch Miri with an amused smirk,
<I'm sure Master Yenna will understand,> he said with a big nod of his head. <You definitely won't hear me complain.> Walking to the bedroom, Kyell dropped the luggage and rubbed his shoulders.

How much stuff did she bring along? Geeze.

<You want to get a fire started? It seems there are ghosts here, so we might need it for light too,> he said as he looked up at the flickering lights. <I hope there are backup generators. If the power goes out and this place cools down...> It would be an absolute nightmare for the young man.

<Good. I should hate to disappoint you.>

Miri had noticed the flickering lights as well, but didn’t think anything of it. <Probably just a power surge,> she said. <I don’t remember there being any ghosts around the last time I was here. And even if there are, I have something to ward off any wayward spirits.>

<I hope there are backup generators. If the power goes out and this place cools down...>

The lights promptly went out, plunging the building into darkness. An eerie silence followed without the background noise of whirring machinery.

<I think you may have jinxed it, Kyell,> Miri said, unable to hide her amusement at this new turn of events. <I’m sure the backup generators will come on soon. In the meantime...>

Using her datapad as a source of light, she went over and started a fire. She felt something soft against her knees and reached down to touch it. There was a large fur rug in front of the fireplace. Her gaze flicked between it and the glowing embers of the fire, before she glanced over her shoulder at Kyell, an idea crossing her mind…

<Would you mind bringing a couple pillows and blankets over here?>

Kyell Laysel

K
<I was just joking, but good to know that ghosts can't touch us if they do try something,> he said with a smirk while he continued unpacking and putting their stuff away into cabinets and closets. They didn't have a ton of space in their room, but there was something cozy about being stuck on a cold planet in a smaller room together with her.

Once they'd have a fire going for extra warmth and light, the atmosphere would really be fantastic.

Sadly, it was also very much needed, as main power cut out shortly after his comment and with it, the lights inside the room also died. A deep sigh escaped Kyell, who realized sauna time was going to have to wait now as well. <Yeah, well, I hope so because this complicates things...> he grumbled but while he was focused on all the problems, Miri found only solutions. She had started a fire and called him over to bring pillows and blankets, which surprised him at first but when he thought a little deeper, he began to grin.

Maybe this wasn't so bad, after all.

With pillows and blankets between his arms, he soon joined her by the fire and sat down close to her. Seeing the warm flames reflect against her skin and eyes had him focused intently on her for a long moment, and he just admired her beauty. Even now, it was almost strange to think they really had come this far in their relationship - not that long ago he would have never believed that it was possible for him.

With a shake of his head, he finally snapped out of his daydreaming and reached out to her mind. <This is very romantic, hmm?> He slowly leaned in closer, his hand coming up to gently brush against her cheek. <I should listen to you more about these vacation ideas. This is really nice...> his voice trailes off and he leaned in to search for a loving kiss.

Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

(Phone post)

Thank you.” Miri arranged the pillows and blankets to her liking, then laid back, getting comfortable. The crackle of the fire disrupted the quiet, soothing any worries about the power being out. They wouldn’t freeze to death here.

And she had Kyell right where she wanted him, here in a safe place, away from bloody battles and ruthless foes. Her eyes traced his features, following the lines that she so loved, until she caught him looking back at her in a curious way. <If you’re still cold, I’ll warm you up,> she said, holding out her arms to him.

He was on her in a moment, caressing her cheek and leaning in. She kissed him back eagerly, then ravenously, her needy mouth working over his.

<Very romantic indeed.> Pulling away for air, she sighed, her breath hot against his neck. <You know, they say bare skin contact is better for the transfer of body heat, so perhaps we should get out of these clothes…>

***​

Though the rooms were soundproofed, noises from the hallway could travel through the door. Miri stirred from sleep, hearing agitated voices outside, but didn’t budge. Judging by the lack of light filtering through the curtains, it was still nighttime.

Then someone pounded on their door. “Oh, please,” Miri muttered. Still lying by the fire, wrapped up in blankets and furs and Kyell, she did not want to get up for anyone or anything. “Go away.

Kyell Laysel

K

Kyell positioned himself over Miri after making his way over and looked down into her eyes for that special connection they had. That alone was more than enough to warm him up, but it still paled in comparison to what their kiss sparked within him. He started slow and gentle, just searching for a tender moment with the woman he loved, but it quickly turned into so much more. Her eagerness and passion were reciprocated with his own intense feelings, and all perceptions of time and space were lost to him.

The only thing that mattered right now was her, and the words she whispered into his mind only further drew him into his trance. He reached down for his shirt to take it off and throw it away, and slowly leaned back in close to finish what they had started.

<I was just thinking the same thing...>

The faint sounds in the hallway had completely escaped him — Kyell was knocked out after a long night spent with Miri, but even he couldn't sleep through the knocking on the door. Miri seemed agitated and was more than willing to completely ignore it, but given the circumstances they were in, Kyell couldn't do that.

What if the blizzard had gotten worse and they needed to evacuate?

He looked around as he pulled up his pants, but couldn't find his shirt anymore, so he made his way over to the door without it and kept himself somewhat hidden behind the wooden door, as he opened it to greet whoever was pounding on it. He already had a datapad ready with a simple message on it.

[Sorry, I'm mute so I'll need to type to respond.]

If he could talk, he would have asked why the hell they had been knocking on the door so early in the morning, but he figured that wouldn't come across quite the same on a datapad display.

Kyell’s departure was met with a grumble of protest from Miri. <It's probably just a noise complaint.> Peeking open one eye, she watched Kyell pull on his pants by the firelight, biting her lip and curling her toes against the soft fur. <You need to stop being so loud, Kyell.>

Despite her joking, she was also curious as to what all the commotion was about. She just preferred the warmth of the makeshift bed they had made beside the roaring fire to getting up and answering the door.

Her gaze followed him as he made his way over to the door—and she saw him pick up the datapad and type out a message on it along the way. Guilt spiked in her. She was supposed to be his voice.

Yet she still didn’t get up. Kyell had been independent of her for most of his life. He didn’t need her to communicate. Perhaps, because she loved him dearly and wanted to help him in any way she could, she tended to forget that. And maybe that wasn't such a good thing to do. Besides, hopefully whatever the knocking was about would only take a few moments to handle, and then he would come back to bed…

Standing outside the room was a man holding a flashlight. He was wearing pajama pants, a t-shirt, and a business suit jacket. He looked as if he had been in a great hurry and was forced to throw on whatever warm clothes he had found lying around in the dark. As Kyell presented his datapad to be read, the frazzled man’s brow furrowed. “Oh,” he said. “Er, that’s all right. I’m just here to tell you that there’s been a, uh… Well, one of the other guests on this floor was found deceased in his room. I just wanted to clear up any misconceptions or rumors you might have heard about the circumstances—Er, hello?”

Miri had appeared suddenly beside Kyell, wrapped up in nothing but a blanket. “Please continue,” she said.

“Right. It looks like a suicide. Very tragic. We have notified the police, but because of the blizzard they can’t send anyone up here yet. However, we are taking extra security measures, so we request that you stay in your room with the door locked until further notice.”

Last edited:

Kyell Laysel

K

Smiling a little from Miri's comments still, Kyell opened the door to find a man who wasn't dressed appropriately to meet others either. In any other situation, it may have been amusing to see but right now, he was actually a little worried. He could feel that something was off, and what the man proceeded to tell him really spiked his nervousness briefly. A suicide in a place like this wasn't entirely unbelievable, but somehow it still seemed strange to him.

Perhaps because they were in quite ideal circumstances for murder — nobody could reach them, communications to the outside world were far more difficult as well, and cameras and internal security systems weren't functioning properly with the lack of power either.

<I have a very bad feeling about this one, Miri,> he told her after she joined, and the man continued. He urged them to stay inside and keep the doors locked, and that was something he agreed with. However, there was one thing he felt he had to mention as well. So he reached for his datapad and typed out a simple message. [We're Jedi, so we might be able to help if anything else happens. Don't be afraid to call on us.] He wasn't sure if Miri liked that offer, knowing this trip had been an attempt to get away from Jedi duties, but if this was more than a suicide case, he couldn't just sit by and do nothing.

Kyell then closed the door once the man turned to leave and looked at Miri with some concern,
<What do you think we should do? Just stay here or investigate? I just...> he frowned and looked away and to the ground for a moment, <Something just doesn't feel right to me.>

Before Miri could stop him, Kyell had let the cat out of the bag, revealing that they were Jedi. The man’s eyes widened as he read the message on the datapad, then sighed in relief. “Well, that changes things, I suppose. Whatever you can do, I’m sure your help would be greatly appreciated.”

But can you give us permission to investigate the hotel room where the death occurred?” Miri asked, privately hoping he would tell them no.

“Since the police aren’t here to secure the scene, I suppose it’s open to whoever we decide to let in,” the man replied. “I can let them know two Jedi are coming. All you’d need to do is flash your laser swords, and they’d let you go anywhere you wanted in this hotel.”

We will consider it,” Miri muttered as Kyell closed the door.

<What do you think we should do? Just stay here or investigate? I just... Something just doesn't feel right to me.>

Miri looked reticent. <I doubt it was a suicide,> she admitted. The circumstances were too perfect to dismiss the possibility of foul play.

A hint of frustration furrowed her brow. They had come here to get away from this sort of thing. Part of her still longed to go back to bed with Kyell, to forget about the problems of others and live for a little while in a private world with her beloved. But it seemed the Force had other plans.

With a sigh, she brushed her fingertips against the bare skin of his chest, tracing the shadows cast by the flickering flames. <I suppose we must look into it,> she said. <I won’t be able to sleep without knowing what’s really going on here. But first…> Leaning in, she pressed her lips to his in a gentle yet burning kiss. <I need a hot shower. You’re welcome to join me.>

***​

It wasn’t hard to find the room of the deceased. The door had already been covered in “Do Not Enter” tape, and a security guard was posted outside. Sure enough, Miri and Kyell only needed to flash their lightsabers to be allowed past the guard.

Inside, the room looked like it had been freshly cleaned and maintained by housekeeping. The bed was still made; the furniture was undisturbed. There was no luggage to be found. The only thing that was amiss was the body of a man lying on the floor, dead by a blaster shot to the side of the head. The weapon lay beside his hand, and the alleged suicide note rested on a nearby table, scrawled on a piece of flimsiplast. It offered little in the way of information, only a short apology to his loved ones and something about his death being “necessary”.

Kyell Laysel

K

A small part of him had hoped the man would tell them no as well, so he could get back into bed with Miri and try his best to just relax and enjoy the vacation. He wanted to forget about the war for once and not get into Jedi duties. But the more logical part of his brain knew they just couldn't do that. If this wasn't a suicide case and something more had happened, he could never rest easy knowing that they were in danger. That Miri could be at risk as well, even though she was more than capable of defending herself.

The thought just made him uneasy.

The man then left and Kyell turned to Miri, his smile slightly apologetic because he had casually announced they were Jedi almost immediately. Hopefully, that wasn't going to bite him in the ass.
<I don't think so either. It just feels... wrong,> he said while he carefully watched her, and luckily, she didn't seem upset with him. Miri stepped in closer, her now slightly colder hands sending shivers down his spine, and his own slowly slid down her back. <We'll deal with it and be back to vacation before we know it,> he said, his voice soft before he leaned in to return the kiss.

<Don't have to ask me twice,> he added in response to her proposal. Kyell then took her hand and they were off to the shower.

<Do we know if he came here alone?> Kyell asked after studying the suicide note for a moment. These resorts were specifically for those on vacation here, so it was strange if he had loved ones but came here alone. <If we can get a name and run it through some databases for information, we might be able to figure out a motive, if it was indeed murder.>

He doubted that someone waited for the opportunity granted by the blizzard, just to kill someone completely at random. There had to be a reason unless it really was suicide.

<If someone else here knows him, they might be able to tell if the handwriting was his or not too.>

<Those would be questions to ask the receptionist who checked him in,> Miri replied, pulling on a pair of disposable gloves. Normally she used them when touching fragile artifacts, but they were also sufficient for handling a crime scene. <I think it’s safe to assume he came alone. There’s only one bed, and no other luggage in this room.>

Granted, the man didn’t seem to have brought along any luggage, period. She examined his clothing, eventually finding a wallet with an ID. <Joh Serrus,> she read the name to Kyell so he could look him up. <Human, male, forty two years old. Alderaanian citizenship...> Her brow furrowed. <That name 'Serrus' sounds familiar...>

Looking over the contents of a dead man’s wallet, Miri suddenly felt a tad bit ridiculous. Though she was a big fan of mystery novels and had wanted to be a detective as a child, the fact remained that she wasn’t really a detective. All her knowledge came from reading a lot of fiction. Hopefully it would be enough.

She looked at Joh Serrus' hand and the gun lying beside it. In many of the stories she had read, the sleuth was able to tell whether the murder weapon had been staged to look like a suicide based on whether the victim was right or left handed. The problem was, she had no way of knowing whether Serrus was right or left handed, nor did she know what to look for to determine which hand was dominant. She didn't see any calluses or signs of preferred use. In fact, Serrus had the baby-soft, manicured hands of someone who had never worked a day in his life...

She began searching the room, opening drawers and cabinets. <I want to know how long he was going to stay here,> she said. <And whether he was here on vacation or if this was a business trip. Either way, it’s more than a little weird to not bring any bags at all… unless he was murdered and the killer took his stuff.>

Upon opening the closet, she found a locked safe on the floor. Some hotels had safes in their rooms, to be used by guests for storing valuables. <Something might be in here,> she noted. <But it’s locked, so we won’t be able to open it unless we know the combination.> She glanced back at Kyell. <Unless you think you can break into it, big guy…?>

Kyell Laysel

K

<Isn't that one of the Noble houses on Alderaan? Serrus?> Kyell asked Miri, who put on some gloves and really started looking like the detective around here. For most of his life, he had been a bit of a nerd, so he had read a lot about all kinds of topics. Alderaan was a fascinating world with a rich history, so that hadn't escaped him at all, but he wasn't sure what it could mean yet. Had a political rival taken him out? Or was it just pure coincidence?

<A lack of luggage could mean he was just here for one night?> he proposed as an idea to explain it. The longer people stayed in a hotel, the more clothes and stuff they had to bring, after all. If he was right, it would answer two questions at once, but Miri found something that could give them an entirely new angle to investigate. Within the clothing closet, she found the typical safe that most hotels had, and it was locked.

There had to be something inside of it. The chance existed that they would be meaningless little items, but he just had this feeling it was going to really change everything. Just when he had hoped this would be simple...

<I'll open it but we still need more answers. Maybe his house has specific enemies? If they were here, they would have had to check in as well, right?> Maybe the reception really should be their next stop after they finished here. They had names and ideas that could be confirmed there. <Stand back, this will be tough,> he said before he rolled up his sleeves to make it seem like he was about to muscle his way through.

But when he got close, he quickly grabbed his lightsaber and destroyed the lock with a quick block. A rather smug grin turned to Miri when he disengaged the weapon again.
<You want to take a look?>

<I believe so,> Miri replied. If this dead man was a member of a Noble house, that definitely made this suspicious. <That explains why the name sounded familiar. I don’t think I ever mentioned to you that my family is from Alderaan. We used to live here, but left when I was very young.> She had no idea whether House Serrus had enemies, though.

She stood back and watched Kyell cut open the safe with his lightsaber, whistling in approval. The smile was wiped off her face when she lifted the lid, her brow furrowing.

The safe was full of packages wrapped in opaque paper. She picked one up and began to unwrap it. Inside was some sort of powdered substance, which began to change color upon exposure to light.

<Are these... drugs, or something?> she asked uncertainly. While she was very worldly in some ways, in others Miri was quite innocent.

Kyell Laysel

K

The second she opened the safe and revealed its contents, Kyell blinked in disbelief, both because of what he saw and the fact that she didn't seem to recognize the substance. But while her innocence was very cute, the problem this suggested surely wasn't. <They are drugs, yes, and I think I have a theory now,>

He let out a sigh and looked around the room some more, <He did come here alone and only for a short amount of time because he was involved in some kind of drug deal. One that obviously didn't go his way...> he looked back down with a frown. If even those of nobility were involved in such things, who out there could really be trusted?

<It's very problematic because the drug world is very brutal, and well... we're now a threat to them as well.> He looked at the safe and its contents again, trying to come up with ideas to further the investigation or even find the people responsible. Of course, he also had to accept that his theory could be wrong still. <If these drugs were worth killing him over, maybe we can get the shooter to come to us if we remain in possession of it? What do you think?>

Miri’s eyes widened even more, before her gaze slid toward Kyell with a raised brow. <How do you know they’re drugs?> Surely he didn’t have any personal experience with them?...

<An Alderaanian nobleman involved with narcotics? Sounds pretty scandalous.>

Miri quickly rewrapped the package as soon as Kyell revealed it was indeed drugs, and was about to put it back in the safe when he stopped her.

<If these drugs were worth killing him over, maybe we can get the shooter to come to us if we remain in possession of it? What do you think?>

<Sounds like a quick way to get us both expelled from the Order if we’re caught, beloved,> she replied. <And I don’t appreciate the notion of bringing illicit substances aboard my ship, if that’s what you’re thinking.> Never mind that she had quite the fine liquor collection stashed in a hidden compartment of her freighter. Only for special occasions, of course.

<I suppose we could move it to our room… but that would still put us in a compromising position if it’s discovered there.> Jedi or not, the police might not believe their story, and it seemed like too great a risk on the off chance the killer was after the drugs.

<Finding this in his room still doesn’t prove he was even murdered,> she pointed out. <He could’ve killed himself because he felt hopeless and ashamed and wanted to avoid bringing dishonor to his family.> The Alderaanian elite were known for being very prim and proper (some would call them uptight and prissy). It was possible that Joh Serrus had a glitterstim habit that had ultimately led to suicide. Or maybe his death was the result of a blackmailing attempt gone awry, or a professional hit hired out by a relative to avoid scandal…

Really, there were a million possibilities when it came to what had happened here—the theories just kept multiplying the more details that they discovered.

<Let’s head down and talk to the receptionist now. I want to see the hotel’s records.>

Kyell Laysel

K

<How didn't you know they were drugs? Never seen anything on the holo?> he grumbled a little when he saw that raised brow of hers. She didn't really think he ever used them before, did she? Either way, he dropped the thought and focused on the job at hand again. He had all kinds of ideas about this case and what every bit of evidence could mean, but Miri was quick to point out some things he hadn't considered enough.

<Yeah... maybe it's best not to stay in possession of it. I was thinking about making it part of our official report and letting staff and authorities here know, so they are aware of our plan. But with communication being unstable and the police not being able to get here, it might be too risky.> It was already bad enough that their vacation had been interrupted by a murder case, so there was no way he'd entertain the idea of also spending some time in a cell.

<And you're right, I shouldn't draw conclusions yet.>

He grumbled a little again but allowed her to lead the way to the door. As much as the Force could offer guidance, neither of them were experts in solving cases like this, so all they could do was gather evidence and facts. Drawing conclusions and follow-up investigations would probably have to be handled by others.

<I was just really hoping that this would be simple, so we could go back to our vacation. Soon, we'll be back into the war or other assignments again...> he trailed off, knowing already that he was going to have to ask her about the mission regarding Sahar very soon as well.

When they finally made their way down to the receptionist, Kyell stepped forward, only to look at Miri again with a sheepish smile,
<Could you ask her about all his details, love?>

<How didn't you know they were drugs? Never seen anything on the holo?>

<I have, but… that’s all fake. This is the real thing—actual glitterstim.> She also hadn’t been expecting to find it here.

<Thank goodness. For a moment I thought you were going to start a side hustle selling drugs to pay for our first house.> She was obviously joking. The thought of Kyell as a drug kingpin was highly amusing precisely because of how unlikely it was.

Stowing the glitterstim away and relocking the safe, she pulled off her gloves and headed out into the hallway, Kyell walking beside her.

<I know.> She sighed. Even though the storm and the death of Joh Serrus were both outside of her control, she had begun to feel guilty about bringing Kyell here. This wasn’t the sort of vacation she’d had in mind, either. <We shouldn’t have to be any more involved in this case beyond compiling a report and turning it in to the authorities. Then we can relax. Maybe we’ll go to that sauna, hm?>

Leaning over, she planted a kiss behind his ear, blushing as she realized they were already within sight of the lobby. The room was completely deserted; she had to ring the bell to summon the receptionist from a back room. The Twi’lek was wrapped up from lekku to toe in thick winter clothes and clutching a steaming mug of hot chocolate in her hands. “Can I help you?” she asked.

<But of course, darling.> Miri shifted smoothly into verbal speech. “We’re Jedi Knights.” She flashed her lightsaber as if it were a badge. “The manager asked us to look into the death of one of your guests. We need access to your records regarding him.

The Twi’lek quickly got to work finding the materials. Miri flicked through the hotel ledger, and noticed something odd. <He checked in under an assumed name.> Certainly not unheard of for famous people, but in this case it might have more significance.

Did he come in with anyone else?” she asked the receptionist.

“No, but there was a woman who came in before him. She kept calling up the front desk and asking if he had come in yet.”

Under this name?” She pointed to the assumed name, and the receptionist nodded. “Is she still staying at the hotel?

“She’s still listed under Room 2400B. Um, we have to log their real names in our files—his was Joh Serrus, hers was Marni Nyx.”

Miri blinked at the second name. “Like the famous actress?

“I don’t really like her movies, but yeah, I think it was her.” The receptionist sipped from her mug. “Do you guys want any hot chocolate? We have a portable heater going in the back.”

Miri glanced over at Kyell, raising an eyebrow.

Kyell Laysel

K

<That... sounds like a plan,> he said when she offered to file the report and head to the sauna after. They really didn't need to do much more beyond that, and likely couldn't even do much more than that either. Kyell then smiled at the kiss and already a bit less frustrated, he walked into the lobby with her.

Where, of course, he let her handle the talking.

The conversation that followed was quite... surprising, but at the same time, it wasn't. Rich people meeting other rich people under false names wasn't anything new. In most cases, they just wanted the privacy to spend time together, but with one of them being dead right now, it was far more suspicious.

<I don't even know any of her movies or who she is...> he muttered into her mind. <Has there been anything controversial about her in the past? History of drug abuse or other scandals?> It wouldn't necessarily mean that this would be the case here today, but it could set expectations about what they'd find if they confronted her.

The receptionist then sipped from her hot cocoa again and made an offer that got Kyell to really think. With a sheepish smile, he turned to Miri and nodded to show that he'd love some hot cocoa.
<...why not? It's cold and not like they're going anywhere...> he said to try and justify his childish desire for some hot cocoa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom