Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Of Books & Blades

elisemaybe.png

49xjjCDx_o.png

Outfit.
Cyan text indicates illusions.
Tags: Revna Revna

elisemaybe.png

Surrounded by so many books, tomes, scrolls, and holocrons, Elise Vi- Elise Ahana-Gwyneira could never quite stop feeling like she was getting the bookworm's equivalent of diabetes from too much sugar, or in her case, books. She continued to read a book about the nature of soul capturing, with a rather disgusted look on her face, as she took another sip from her cup of spiced hot chocolate. But eventually, she had to pause from the gruesome information she was taking in, and she had to set the book down. She leaned back in her seat, sighed heavily, then pushed the book aside only to drag a scroll close with the Force. She pulled the scroll open, slightly, trying to figure out the nature of Sith Alchemy - only for the scroll to refuse to open.

Is it because I'm not a Sith?

She relented, placing the scroll down and deciding to take a break. She took her travel mug of hot chocolate with her as she started to wander the aisles of bookshelves, trinkets, artifacts, and ancient lore. Libraries were a very familiar environment to Elise, who had spent so many hours in the libraries of the Novanian Shamans. This library had a completely different atmosphere to that one, however, with a colder and more foreboding Force aura. Turning a corner, Elise saw another figure in the library. She blinked, seeing that she was familiar in appearance. Elise took several steps closer, and she recognized Revna Revna under the endless cascade of books in the library. Elise took another sip of cocoa, then started to approach. A far cry from a noblewoman, Elise was more casual, albeit aloof, in her greeting.

"Hey, Revna. You like libraries too?"

elisemaybe.png

Last edited:

Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira

Revna sat on a cushion within the grand library of the Alvarian palace, her legs outstretched in front of her, a pile of tomes on either side of her and one open on her lap. It was an interesting read, a personal biography penned by some Sith sorcerer years and years prior, detailing her various discoveries and research into the area of Sith magic and alchemy.

Sith magic was a topic of study that Revna was unfamiliar with, and while she was hungry to learn more she knew that she would need a teacher to help her in that area, and so she forced herself to simply fill her head with the knowledge instead of trying to practice the things she was reading about.

The alchemy portion however, she definitely took note of. Ever since she had started her tutelage under Darth Strosius, she had occasionally accompanied him into the Undercroft of the Formos Cathedral, to watch him perform minor alchemical tasks, and even aided him in some lessons. It was dangerous work, but the little woman had proven to be an astute learner, with an air for meticulous care in everything she did.

Eventually, that had led to her learning how to imbue weapons and armor with Sith alchemy, a stepping stone into larger and more dangerous ventures…when that time came, of course. While away from her Mentor, she had been forming ideas of weapons she wished to create, not only for herself, but for him as well.

A voice startled her from her thoughts, and Revna’s head snapped up and her golden gaze landed sharply on whoever dared to disturb her peace and quiet. She recognized the beautiful blonde immediately, and the hard edge to her face and eyes vanished in an instant.

Oh! Hey Elise. I thought I was in here alone.” The small Sith woman closed the tome in her lap gently and set it aside after memorizing the page number. “Yeah, I love libraries. Well, I love learning about things, be it from a library or not. Sometimes knowledge can only come from a book, or a scroll, or a holocron…

Revna looked the beautiful woman over; she knew Elise to be Malum’s significant other. She wasn’t a Sith, which Revna found interesting, but there was hope that the blonde would eventually accept the Truth of the Dark side and embrace it for herself.

Revna would do her part to aid in that, if given the chance.

What are you up to? Find anything interesting to read in here? Malum has quite the collection, doesn’t he? Guess it pays to be a wealthy noble and a royal…and we get to benefit from it, don’t we?” She smiled at Elise, a kind smile despite the fact that she was a Sith.

What are you up to?

Last edited:

elisemaybe.png

Revna, like Elise, was quite talkative despite their mutual studious natures. Was it a bizarre mix? Elise was actually quite extroverted, but she was obsessed with progress to the point of excessive study. As Revna spoke, Elise listened undistracted.

"Yeah, I love libraries. Well, I love learning about things, be it from a library or not. Sometimes knowledge can only come from a book, or a scroll, or a holocron…"

Elise nodded along. It was true, libraries were pools of knowledge, collected and jotted down by the greatest minds of the galaxy. Research from the blood, sweat, and tears of warriors and scholars put to paper and documented in recordings. Knowledge was a gift not to be taken lightly.

"What are you up to? Find anything interesting to read in here? Malum has quite the collection, doesn't he? Guess it pays to be a wealthy noble and a royal…and we get to benefit from it, don't we?"

Elise grimaced just a little. The benefits of knowing Malum. Malum Marr, Elise's lover, was not a tool to be used as the likes of his family, Ophidia, and the Sith made him to be. Elise had fallen in love with him before learning of his true nature as a Sith, and she had fallen in love with him, not his wealth or status. She certainly benefited from the luxuries he offered now, but he could have been a pauper and she would have loved him just the same.

"What are you up to?"

"Oh." Elise blinked away the thoughts from the previous statements, "Uh."

The Dreamseer coughed into her hand, remembering the things she was looking into. All the darker arts the Shamans were wary to teach, despite having darker deeds themselves. Elise grimaced, remembering how she looked into soul capturing. After fighting several opponents with those kinds of powers, she wanted to figure out how they ticked, so she could free any souls caught in the snares. Of course, it was every bit sinister and torturous as she had imagined. So, she decided to speak on the other thing she was looking into instead.

"I'm looking into Sith alchemy, mostly. It's different than the types of botany and enchantments I use at home, but also... similar. I doubt it'll take me as long to learn, if I decide to look into it. I can make a good potion already, just with Novanian skill."

Elise obviously was quite proud of her Novanian background.

"Actually, another thing I was looking into was Sith Swords. I, uh, lost my previous blade before.... yeah."

She had let Tar'Nau go, when she became aruetii. She had only known the semi-sentient blade for a short while, but she missed its presence at her side. Beskar and Bes'manda were sacred to Mandalorians, however, and she was not going to touch it when she was unworthy of it. And yet, she knew that she needed a proper sword again. She was growing better and better as a lightsaber duelist, but she could not deny her talents and comfort with a good metal blade.

"Anyways, looking into how the Sith enchant their weapons. Neat stuff. It stems from the Force Imbued Blade forging of ancient Ashla followers, only the Bogan followers used the Dark Side to-"

She stopped abruptly, realizing just how much she was talking. She chuckled nervously, "Sorry, am I rambling too much?"

Revna Revna

elisemaybe.png

Last edited:

Elise listened to Revna talk, though the young Sith woman noticed her grimace at her comments about Malum’s wealth and the benefits that came with knowing the nobleman. She did raise an eyebrow slightly at the face she was given, and a smirk touched her face. She recognized that her choice of words might come across as if she was simply using Malum for his wealth or status, and that certainly wasn’t the case. It was an added bonus, sure…but he was blood and kin to her now. She was loyal to family, wealth and status or no.

Don’t fret; I’m not suggesting that we use him for, or because of, such things. Only that, by being in his life, we have access to these wonderful benefits, as he shares them with us…of course.” Revna said with a laid back smile, as she waited for Elise to answer her question about what she was up to.

Revna watched as she coughed into her hand, seemingly distracted by thoughts, before she actually shared with the Sith acolyte what she had been doing in the library. The small Sith immediately perked up when she heard that Elise had been looking into alchemy. She let the beautiful blonde continue without interruption, though her eyes were alight with curious interest, especially when Elise mentioned Sith swords.

The Sith woman smiled as Elise paused and asked if she was rambling too much.

Not at all! I enjoy hearing about things from others. Seems you’ve done some research in the topic of alchemy. Curiously enough, some of my own personal studies have been around making alchemized Sith weaponry and armor. I’ve been thinking about making Lord Strosius a Sith blade, as a gift. Even though he has one already…” Revna paused for a moment, looking across at a plush chair and cushions not too far from her, and she summoned one of the cushions to her hand with an almost lazy flick of her hand, setting it down beside her - though not too close. Revna was respectful of personal space, and figured the blonde wouldn’t want to sit so close to a Sith she was mostly unfamiliar with.

Please…sit with me, Elise...if you're comfortable in doing so; I’d like to hear more about what you have to say. Also, it sounded like you were looking into Sith swords to perhaps…replace the blade you lost? I have enough training from my Mentor to imbue weapons and armor through alchemy. Maybe we could work on that together? I could use with the practice…

Revna hoped her pleasant tone was welcoming towards Elise; she certainly didn’t see the woman as her enemy, and she’d been curious and eager to actually sit and get to know Malum’s significant other a little better.

elisemaybe.png

"Don't fret; I'm not suggesting that we use him for, or because of, such things. Only that, by being in his life, we have access to these wonderful benefits, as he shares them with us…of course."

Elise awkwardly glanced away, somehow brought back to the image of a jealous, conniving Chiss. But she shooed the thoughts away, and decided to leave this entire part of the conversation behind. There was no ill intent here, after all. Elise did enjoy the benefits of being with Malum, but she was always sure that she loved the person she fell for most of all. Regardless of his... mistakes...

When Revna moved onto the alchemy studies again, Elise was extremely happy to move forward with it. She was equally happy as she realized that Revna rambled as much as she did, and that Revna Revna enjoyed listening to Elise ramble. Perhaps, they were destined to be friends after all... despite her Sith-ness.

"Not at all! I enjoy hearing about things from others. Seems you've done some research in the topic of alchemy. Curiously enough, some of my own personal studies have been around making alchemized Sith weaponry and armor. I've been thinking about making Lord Strosius a Sith blade, as a gift. Even though he has one already…"

Elise nodded along in response, listening closely. She already knew Strosis, Revna's master, from other encounters. He was very... eccentric... but Elise actually could see them seeing eye to eye on things. It was a frightening concept, realizing that she saw eye to eye with Sith. But perhaps, Elise should have learned by now, that not all Sith were evil... just most of them.

And the evil ones needed to be stopped.

Elise felt the phantom pains of her fight with Darth Carnifex as Revna continued to speak.

"Please…sit with me, Elise...if you're comfortable in doing so; I'd like to hear more about what you have to say. Also, it sounded like you were looking into Sith swords to perhaps…replace the blade you lost? I have enough training from my Mentor to imbue weapons and armor through alchemy. Maybe we could work on that together? I could use with the practice…"

The Ajayid called a large, red throw pillow from a nearby couch using the Force. She used it as a makeshift seat as she sat down next to the raven haired girl, and she contemplated where to start on this potential project.

"That sounds like a good project. I'm good with potions and salves, but enchanting objects is not something I'm so adept at." She then paused for a moment, as she considered, "You know I used to be a Mandalorian. My entire life, I was trained in using physical swords, or beskads as ou-their culture calls it. Knives too, or kals. So, that translated into using all kinds of blades, vinriblades, and the likes. It'll take me nothing to get used to a new sword, but I respect my vo- former allies too much to pick up another beskar weapon. Beskar belongs to Mandalorians alone, and I'm not Mandalorian anymore."

She looked down at her hand, flexing her fingers in a position where she would be holding a sword hilt. She sighed, looking down at that empty hand, and remembering everything she had forsaken. It was for good reason, yes, but she had only ever known being Mandalorian until now. It was... a difficult adjustment.

Alas, now she had to tread into unfamiliar waters. She had easily gotten her hands on some old New Imperial Order pistols from back home, but she was hardly at Archais anymore even now. She was not going to fall back on the Dreamseer Coven for help beyond that again. She was trying not to fall back on her mentor Siyarr again, after defecting from another misguided cause yet again. She briefly remembered her motherly mentor, her great aunt, Mia Monroe, back at Mandalore. How was she fairing right now? Was she alright?

She once again had to shake her head free from these thoughts. With perhaps distant eyes, she looked at Revna and tried to collect her thoughts.

"So, uh, do you know how to forge weapons? Despite my bui-mother's talent as a smith, I never took it up. Can you craft steel too?"

She paused again, before looking away with even more awkwardness. "Um, of course, I'm willing to pay you for all this. I wouldn't expect someone to do such a favor for free."

elisemaybe.png

Elise listened to Revna, nodding along as the Sith woman spoke, and Revna was pleased to see the young woman sit beside her. She turned to face the blonde more directly, giving her full attention as she listened to Elise respond, and remained respectfully quiet as the young woman spoke about her former life as a Mandalorian. The little Sith was quick to pick up on strange words like ‘beskad’ and ‘kal’, and of course the all famous beskar. Revna herself wasn’t too familiar with Mandalorian culture or history, but she was fascinated nonetheless and listened intently. The more she knew, the better off she would be, she figured.

A wise person educated themselves on the things they didn’t know about.

Revna tilted her head at Elise when the woman fell silent and looked down at her hands. The subject of leaving the Mandalorians seemed…sensitive…for her, and a gentle expression crossed Revna’s face.

Well, I am sure we can make you a new blade…one that represents the new path you now traverse. Sometimes the old things we know must pass away in order to make way for the new.

Elise looked up at Revna, who smiled gently at her.

Yes, I can forge the blade. I can also do the rituals necessary to turn whatever it may be into a Sith weapon. I want you to understand that, should you want me to do this, or help you with this…that I will be imbuing your weapon with the Dark side. You will feel it and know it every time you touch it, or use it.” Revna paused, looking at her with some intensity. “And do not concern yourself with paying me. There will be a price to pay to make such a weapon anyway. I would not ask you to pay more than that as it is.

Revna searched the young woman’s face for a moment. “Actually, I do have a way you can pay me. Teach me how to make some of your potions and salves in return for me helping you make your sword. I am much more interested in knowledge and learning things than in credits or jewels. Information and knowledge is far more valuable anyway. Agreed?

elisemaybe.png

"Well, I am sure we can make you a new blade…one that represents the new path you now traverse. Sometimes the old things we know must pass away in order to make way for the new."

And uncomfortable tightness took Elise's chest. Indeed, she was going into something completely new. Something unknown, something frightening. All she had ever known was being Mandalorian, and she felt a great sense of homelessness without it. But what did the newness look like? Would she... like what she saw there? Words Revna Revna meant to encourage, inspire, only left her with a seasick unease.

"Yes, I can forge the blade. I can also do the rituals necessary to turn whatever it may be into a Sith weapon. I want you to understand that, should you want me to do this, or help you with this…that I will be imbuing your weapon with the Dark side. You will feel it and know it every time you touch it, or use it."

Elise gulped. She had become far more comfortable with the Dark Side since meeting Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr and training with Mia Monroe Mia Monroe , but now, she was tasting her first bite of going all in. She refused to let the Dark Side consume her, but she was more than willing to use it. It was a dangerous tool in the wrong hands. But in the right hands? It could be used for good, could it not? Still, her unease only more fully engulfed her. She looked away, hugging herself on her throw pillow as she briefly broke sweat. But she gulped again, calming herself. She knew by now that the Dark Side was not an evil by nature, merely a volatile weapon. Once again, she flexed the hand that would hold her own sword.

"Th-thanks. I will keep that in mind."

Only now did she finally look towards Revna again. At first, Revna refused payment before thinking... and changing her mind.

"I do have a way you can pay me. Teach me how to make some of your potions and salves in return for me helping you make your sword. I am much more interested in knowledge and learning things than in credits or jewels. Information and knowledge is far more valuable anyway. Agreed?"

Images of Archais flickered in her mind. Elise was proud to be a Novanian Shaman, and open about her occupation. But Elise kept the secrets of Novania close to her chest, and she immediately knew that she could not give away the techniques and botany of Archais' fauna. But, she had studied for eight years in many realms of alchemical and herbal pursuits. She could still teach Revna a thing or two. But another thought plagued her mind. Could she trust Revna with poison as well as healing brews? After all, while she knew that the Sith here had good intentions, she also remembered the Blackwing plague unleashed upon the galaxy by their Order.

Could any Sith be trusted with such poisons?

But after scrunching her face in uncertainty, Elise offered Revna a small smile. She uncurled from her self hug, and she nodded.

"I won't show you the techniques and herbology of Novania, but I can still show you some nifty recipes and introduce some valuable herbs. It's something I spent eight years mastering after all."

She clenched her fist, dissipating her feeling of Tar'Nau in her hands. Soon, she would have a new sword in her grasp. And she trusted Tar'Nau with its current owner, back in Mandalorian space.

"What would you like to do first?"

elisemaybe.png

The little Sith woman could sense Elise’s unease and discomfort; she didn’t know too much about the young former Mandalorian’s history, but she knew enough to know that the blonde wasn’t a fan of the Sith or their ways. Revna watched her with piercing golden eyes as the young woman turned away and hugged herself, a sheen of sweat breaking out over her skin. Her emotions rang out like a bell to Revna through the Force, and the small Sith had to suppress her desire to speak in the moment. Elise needed time to understand what Revna had said.

She finally spoke, saying that she would keep what Revna said in mind, before turning to look back at the Acolyte after the mention of payments. She seemed to be processing, before giving Revna an answer.

The little Sith felt a small bit of disappointment hearing that Elise wouldn’t show her any techniques or herbology of Novania, but she was more than willingly to teach her some recipes for other things, as well as introduce her to some herbs of value. Revna dipped her chin in understanding.

I will respect your desire to keep certain things to yourself, though I appreciate your willingness to show me some things that you know.

Elise asked her which project they should start on first, and Revna smiled slightly. “I think getting a new weapon in your hand, one that you can attune to and grow with, will be good for you. So we will start with that. When the blade is finished and to your specifications and desires, then you can teach me whatever it is you wish.

Revna stretched, and pulled her legs under her in a criss-cross position. “Because this blade to be made is going to be yours, I think it is only right and fair that you be involved in this process. Tell me what you know about what must be done in order to create a Sith weapon? If you don’t know much, that is fine. I can explain a bit myself.

elisemaybe.png

Elise could sense the disappointment in not being taught all the secrets, but at least Revna Revna understood and didn't push. When she suggested that they forge the blade first, Elise nodded and sat up, attentive to the process. She tilted her head as the raven haired girl asked,

"Tell me what you know about what must be done in order to create a Sith weapon? If you don't know much, that is fine. I can explain a bit myself."

The Ajayid's pointed ears twitched as she stared off for a moment, wondering where to start. "Well..."

Pages upon pages of writings on the subject flooded her mind. She reached up, scratching her forehead as she responded.

"There are many different ways to imbue these sorts of weapons with the Dark Side. They started out as Sith Swords, heavy and at the standard length of one point four meters. But they have evolved over time, along with the various alchemical ways to imbue them. Essentially, there's no set in stone method of making these weapons, strangely. But every process involves the blade being imbued with the Dark Side, in a process evolved from the old methods of creating Jedi Katanas, also called Je'daii Swords or Force Imbued Blades. I also know how those were made. They were forged from materials, a crystal was placed in the hilt of the blade, and the Ashlan would carefully meditate to bring the three of them together. Though, not all Sith Swords today use that kind of technique. So..."

She looked to Revna and shrugged, "Do you have any preferred process yourself?"

elisemaybe.png

Revna waited in patience for Elise to respond to her question, curious to see what the blonde would say on the matter. The response was fairly textbook with a bit of personal input, and it satisfied the Sith woman’s probing question.

Yes; there are many different ways and forms and whatnot. How it was done thousands of years ago is certainly different than how it is done today. However…there are certain things that remain the same.

The little Sith shifted as she leaned her shoulder against the bookcase that was directly behind her, taking a deep breath as she did so.

Lord Strosius has taught me more…traditional methods, which is what I prefer I suppose. It allows one to be more intimately involved in the process…makes it personal. We will need to source metals and materials that can be alchemized. I…am sure cousin Malum has something in his alchemy chambers. I’ll need to seek permission from him to use the chambers. Otherwise, I’d have to use the one my Mentor trained me in and…I’d need permission to bring you along for that, for reasons. Once the materials are sourced, we will need to find suitable…sacrifices.

She looked at Elise for a moment, her blue and gold eyes intense in their stare. “The quench for the blade as it’s being forged is blood, lifeblood. This is the part that you will be involved in…should you still wish to go this route. My Mentor taught me to use the blood of criminals or slave masters, or whoever else has incurred our wrath. A good use for our enemies, besides letting their bodies go to waste. They serve a purpose in the end, their sacrifice building weapons or other items that in turn help free those under the yolk of tyranny.” She finished saying, a small dark smile appearing on her face. There was a pause, to let Elise digest the rather dark information that Revna had shared with her.

What say you, Elise? Do you still want to go through with this, knowing what will come in order to make this blade? If so…then we can move forward with seeking the necessary permissions and then acquiring the materials and whatever else we will need.

elisemaybe.png

Elise's expression quickly grew horrified as Revna spoke. Sacrifices? Even if they were criminals and slavers, weren't those prisoners defenseless? Where was the honor? Elise's heart pounded as she stared for several long moments, then looked away. A slight bout of nausea formed in the pit of her stomach as she wondered, was there another way? Sure, this was the traditional way, but...

"They're... still imprisoned... Unarmed. Is-is it-"

She brought her hand to her mouth, forcing herself not to gag and swallowing hard. As she gulped, her mind raced. Once again, the Sith were proving to be so dark in deed. But... was she any better? As a former Mandalorian? As a Dreamseer, using Mother's Root to incapacitate before swooping in for the kill? But even then, there was a difference. That was on the battlefield, where they actively were harming others and forced her hand. In a ritual chamber, with the criminals bound and defenseless... Elise shivered.

"I- is it right?"

Revna Revna

elisemaybe.png

The look of horror that came over Elise’s face did not come as a surprise to Revna. She had expected such a reaction. The Sith Acolyte knew that the former Mandalorian was…touchy…about certain topics, and Revna couldn’t blame her. The beautiful woman had a gentle and kind soul, despite everything she had ever done or been through.

Elise stammered, mentioning that the sacrifices would still be imprisoned, and the Sith woman gazed upon her with an expression that was neither kind nor cruel. For the Acolyte, it was just the way it was. Not to mention, she found no issue in killing such people. To her, she saw no difference in the legal execution of criminals and the blood sacrifice made to imbue Sith weapons. Those who deserved it were still put to death, but at least through this method, their lives had some use in the end, some purpose.

She gave the young woman some time to compose herself, though Revna was very careful to keep her face as neutral of emotions or expression as possible at Elise’s last statement.

‘Is it right?’ Perhaps…not for you. I have no issue with executing slavers or criminals and other scum. I could use innocents or children or truly defenseless people, but I don’t. I wouldn’t anyway…that is not something - even as a Sith - that I find comfort in.

Revna tilted her head as she thought of a response, and she tried to be gentle with what she said next: “It is no secret that you despise the Sith, Elise. We have done things that have bathed the galaxy in blood and fire for thousands of years. You’ve slowly come to understand that not all of us are the same, but there are still some very deep grievances that you hold against our ilk. And I don’t blame you; believe me, there are things that the Sith have done and still do that sicken me, that...enrage me. I know what I’ve said does not sit well with you. I knew it wouldn’t. But let me ask you this...would you consider a slaver who takes the freedom away from children, rips families apart for money, and tortures people to break their spirits and make them into obedient little pets, to be a defenseless person who shouldn’t be held accountable for their sins, their crimes? How about a Sith from the Kainite, if we should capture one for this purpose? I did warn you…that there would be a price to pay for this. The real question is, are you willing to pay that price, to make this weapon so that you may achieve all that you desire to do with it?

The little Sith paused and took a deep steading breath. She wasn’t trying to scare the poor girl off; if anything, Revna really wanted to get to know Elise better. Maybe, one day, even become friends with her.

If you wish to find another way, then we can try. But it will be stepping outside of what I know, what I’ve trained with, and I cannot guarantee the quality of the work or its stability. If you need time to think about this, then please do so. I hold myself to a level of honor and respect, and I won’t force you into anything you don’t want to do. I’m not that cruel. At least…not towards those who are a part of my new family…

elisemaybe.png

"'Is it right?' Perhaps…not for you. I have no issue with executing slavers or criminals and other scum."

Elise... had no issues with the execution of the wicked either. So why did this unsettle her? Criminals and slavers who had crossed the lines,showed no signs of changing, only needed to be wiped out, to protect the innocent. So why was this sort of forging process so... sickening to her?

"I could use innocents or children or truly defenseless people, but I don't. I wouldn't anyway…that is not something - even as a Sith - that I find comfort in. It is no secret that you despise the Sith, Elise. We have done things that have bathed the galaxy in blood and fire for thousands of years. You've slowly come to understand that not all of us are the same, but there are still some very deep grievances that you hold against our ilk. And I don't blame you; believe me, there are things that the Sith have done and still do that sicken me, that...enrage me."

Then... why was Revna Revna a Sith herself? When they had done so much wrong? Elise had been unable to reconcile the sins and xenophobia of Mandalorian culture, and she had abandoned it. What was it with people like Malum and Revna joining the very group responsible for so much death and suffering? The ground that housed Darth Carnifex? The group the entire galaxy scorned for being the source of evil? How could Malum and Revna reconcile and justify joining this abominable faction?

But her thoughts suddenly turned to Siyarr Ahan-Mitharran Siyarr Ahan-Mitharran and Yorunarr Ahan-Yan'Sharlim Yorunarr Ahan-Yan'Sharlim . When they were in the New Imperial Order, surrounded by Tarkinists, had they struggled with similar thoughts concerning imperials? How did they reconcile and justify being with the Empire?

"But let me ask you this...would you consider a slaver who takes the freedom away from children, rips families apart for money, and tortures people to break their spirits and make them into obedient little pets, to be a defenseless person who shouldn't be held accountable for their sins, their crimes? How about a Sith from the Kainite, if we should capture one for this purpose? I did warn you…that there would be a price to pay for this."

In deep thought, Elise looked away. Revna was making so many good points. She remembered being briefly enslaved by the hutts for gladiator sports, and the rage she felt being treated like an animal in the pits. She remembered her tears, and the audience that took joy in them. And her questioning, why were people so cruel? It made her burn inside, as she felt such a yearning for them to pay for what they did.

Even if they were captured, they were not defenseless, were they? She had to admit, she would pay every credit in her account to watch that hurt suffer.

"The real question is, are you willing to pay that price, to make this weapon so that you may achieve all that you desire to do with it?"

Elise's desire was to see the galaxy become a better place. Elise's desire was to eradicate war and suffering. Elise's desire was to crush evil, and to make the galaxy safe for the civilians and good people of the galaxy. Her desire was to create a paradise she and Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr could raise a family in, have children in... So far, it was impossible for her. But what was she willing to do to seize the power to make it happen? She already had defected from her own family and friends, multiple times, in protest of the wrongdoings of her family's culture. She had suffered through agonizing tolerance building of Mother's Root. She had isolated herself from the galaxy, left her sister behind at home while she grieved their father, to gain the abilities of the Novanian Shamans. To make a difference. And now, so much of it did not feel worth it to her. But... was she really considering just giving up now?

It all had to be for something.

The Ancient Ones clearly believed in her. They still put faith in their rogueish follower. What did they see in her? And was it the same thing making her consider the bloody ritual before her?

"If you wish to find another way, then we can try. But it will be stepping outside of what I know, what I've trained with, and I cannot guarantee the quality of the work or its stability. If you need time to think about this, then please do so. I hold myself to a level of honor and respect, and I won't force you into anything you don't want to do. I'm not that cruel. At least…not towards those who are a part of my new family…"

Elise grimaced at the word "family." Her mother, her father, her sister... her Novanian mentor and father figure, her Sith lover... Mia Monroe Mia Monroe , who was like a mother, Liorra Liorra , another little sister, Ordo Ordo , her biological grandfather and Mia's brother... Family.

Family, that at every turn, Elise had let down.

Not wanting to think about family, Elise looked away and immediately responded.

"You're far from cruel, I know that. Malum wouldn't trust someone like that. I don't need time."

Elise stood up, clenching her fists.

"Melarran preserve me, I need to get stronger. To save everyone. I'll do it, I'll do the ritual."

She looked down at Revna, eyes burning with righteous fury and remorseful tears, "You can take care of permissions after we figure out what we're crafting this blade with. Just... do me a favor."

Kestri and Mandalore flickered in her mind. And memories of her mother working the forge.

"Not an ounce of beskar will go into this sword. I'm not Mandalorian anymore, and that sacred metal belongs to them."

elisemaybe.png

Revna could sense the storm of emotions, the warring thoughts and beliefs, within Elise. For a moment, the little Sith wanted to almost…comfort…the poor gal. But she remained seated where she was, her face a neutral mask, and let Elise come to terms on her own with the choices, the decision, before her.

Everything was coming to a head. They reached a crossroads, and the young Sith waited for the final decision. Elise looked away from her, but responded almost immediately after Revna gave her the option of perhaps taking some time to think on what the little Sith had said. She replied that Revna was far from cruel, that Malum wouldn’t have trusted someone so cruel anyway, and that she didn’t need any time to consider the alternatives.

The blonde rose to her feet, and the Acolyte watched her stand, noticing the clenched fists. Volatile emotions swirled within the former Mandalorian, as she confirmed that she would go through with the more traditional methods and rituals. Her reasoning behind it intrigued Revna; she was…wise enough to understand that not everyone could be saved, and while she didn’t agree with Elise on that point, she didn’t dissuade the young woman from her course either.

Revna knew that once Elise started down this path…then she would likely begin to fall. Not that the little Sith was against that; she felt that perhaps much of Elise’s hidden potential would finally be revealed and released. But it took time to get to that point. She was just glad to perhaps have some sort of involvement in the process, even if it was small.

The little Acolyte caught the furious gaze of the young blonde, and she offered a small smile that was perhaps a little dark. Elise was direct with her, saying that she could take care of permissions after they had secured materials necessary, and Revna rose to her feet as well, listening to her request…no, demand…that beskar would not be used to make the sword.

Revna bowed her head in understanding. “Of course, Elise. You are in control of what materials go into making this blade. I am here simply to forge it to your specifications and do the rituals and help guide you through this.

The little Sith woman - wearing her more traditional robes given to her when she joined the Order of Wonosa - bent down to pick up a tome that had ur-Kittât script written along its spine. Revna was still learning the ancient script and language of the Sith; it was complicated and it was one of the few things she struggled with, but she recognized enough words on the tome to know what it was about: the art of making Sith weaponry.

This is a…book…that describes the various ways to make Sith weaponry. From swords to daggers to other weapons. The process is still roughly the same, no matter what weapon you are making. We will use this as a sort of guide. It does list various metals that can be used. Feel free to take a look. Yes, beskar is included in the list of rare metals to use, but per your request, we will not be sourcing it. Durasteel can work…mine is made of durasteel, and I believe my Mentor’s blade is as well…I might suggest the use of Sarrassian iron, but really the choice of material is yours to make…

Revna opened the book to the right section, scanned over it briefly, before handing it to Elise to look over if she so wished.

It is quite possible that Lord Marr has suitable materials in his alchemy chambers. We can ask him when we go to seek permission to use his labs, if you wish. Once that is taken care of, then we can move on to the next part.

Last edited:

elisemaybe.png
Elise looked over the page of the book. Scowered, really. Looking over the various materials and crystals listed, she contemplated where to move forward with this. As Elise looked over the materials, she blinked, tapping her chin. She looked over to Revna after a moment, and she spoke.

"Sarrassan..."

Sarrassan intensified the Dark Side, was dowsed in it. Why did it make Elise feel... uncomfortable, when she was sure she had grown accustomed to it by now. She looked over some other materials. Lightsaber resistant metals were not even needed, as the alchemy made the weapons lightsaber and blaster resistant. Even then...

"Songsteel... it's rare, light and suited for creating a Sith Weapon not as heavy as the usual Sith Sword, and it's sharp..."

But another metal caught her eye as well.

"Huh. I never heard of this one. Agrinium. It's highly resistant to radiation, and it can make lightweight but strong weaponry."

Elise continued to mull over the page, the different materials.

"Hmmm... Ciridium is another Mandalorian alloy, so we won't be using that... Crodium is a bit too soft... Durite? No... Phrik is too heavy for me, honestly..."

As she continued to look over the options, she realized that her options were narrowing down to three. Ironically, it was the first three that entered her mind.

"... Okay, so I'm thinking Sarrassan, Songsteel, or Agrinium..."

She lowered the book again and tapped the Sarrassan with her finger.

"With Sarrassan, it has a strong connection to the-the Dark Side, but I don't think it would be lightweight and strong like Songsteel or Agrinium. And I know that the alchemy itself makes any metal stronger, but it still..."

She peered over at the other side of the page, glancing at a certain crystal.

"But... maybe we don't even need Sarrassan. Even heard of Lignan crystals? I first read about them years ago, while studying different Force Crystals and their connections to the greater Force in the Coven. Lignan is not only more potent than Sarrassan in its strengthening of the Dark Side, but with crystals being needed to make the sword either way, we could use Lignan's effects to fill in for Sarrassan, while using Songsteel or Agrinium for the blade."

She then once again clenched with her free hand, to hold the grip. "Hang on, even if we used Songsteel, Agrinium would be the better metal for a hilt either way. Perhaps, going all in on Agrinium is the best choice?"

She blinked for a moment, then looked back at Revna Revna once more. "Sorry, I'm rambling again. So how do Agrinium and Lignan sound?"

elisemaybe.png

The little Sith let Elise pour over the tome she had handed over, watching and listening in patience as the former Mandalorian looked at all her options. She listed off a few different metals and alloys that could be used to forge the sword, from the sarrassan iron Revna had suggested, to others like circidium, crodium, phrik, songsteel, and agrinium…among a couple others.

Elise asked if the little Acolyte had ever heard of Lignan crystals, to which Revna offered a half smile. The little Sith had learned about the various crystals that were imbued with the Force that could be used in saberbuilding from her Mentor, and through her own personal studies, and she was familiar with the crystal.

Yes, I know of it. I agree; you could substitute the sarassan with the crystal and have it function just as well if you so desire.

The blonde continued speaking her thoughts as she narrowed down her options, before finally looking up at Revna, apologizing for rambling.

No need to apologize, Elise. I enjoy listening to you speak your thoughts aloud, especially in things that are of interest to you. If you wish to build your blade with agrinium then we can do that; I…don’t know if Malum has any in stock, but I am sure we can ask. If not, then we can do some searching to acquire it, though it may take some time. Same for the Lignan crystal.” The little woman said with another smile as excitement filled her face and her golden-hued eyes.

Let’s do this! I’m excited! I’ve worked on blades and what not to practice what I’ve been taught…but this will be the first true blade I’ve ever forged and alchemized outside of my Mentor’s workshop. I…I hope I can make this weapon exactly how you want it. But I think it will work out well…especially since we both will be working together on it.” She paused briefly, then perked up again.

Let’s go find Malum and see if we can gain access to his alchemy lab, and see if he has any of the materials we need or if we will need to hunt it down ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom