Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Obsidian Night || The Confederacy [ KO & Friends ]

Pyre.png

Wearing: -x-
Tags: Open

"I'm afraid I don't know anything," Lefwen replied rather more tersely than she'd intended. The insect-like droid didn't seem to mind though, and after a brief pause it nodded before tramping off through the sand in the direction of one of the many hundreds of other pyres that illuminated the seafront. Around each one there was a small group of people. Some were dancing, some were laughing, some were sat in earnest conversation. Now and then some traveller would move from one fire to another, or a box-like droid would clatter past with a pile of drinks and cutlery balanced on its top, but otherwise each pyre was likes its own star: few ever built up the momentum to leave.

Lefwen carefully unclipped the fraying strap that held her bag shut and fished out her invitation. It hadn't become any more interesting to look at in the past few minutes: a plain, blackish piece of plexiglass flecked with colours, like speeder-oil caught in the sunlight. White writing spelled out the date and the location, but there was no explanation to be found. Was this a party? If so the people seemed rather morbid. An announcement? Perhaps, although the modest little ceremony earlier hadn't really given her any idea about why she was here.

Last time you attended a party you were almost killed, a thought whispered. She felt the hairs on her arms prickle in recollection. She allowed herself to study the thought for a moment, the way she'd been taught. It wasn't the memory of fear or threat that was upsetting, it was having to acknowledge that the panicky, helpless woman in that scene was her.

So much had changed since then: she'd learned things about herself that she'd scarcely imagined possible, she'd learned how to focus her mind, she'd learned to compose herself in the face of danger, to not lash out straight away. For a brief time she'd even studied the Force with a Jedi. All of that change and yet here she was: still the girl sat on her own at the party, still waiting for something to happen to her, still stuck in something else's orbit.

She opened her bag to return the invitation and noticed a faint glimmer from within. She fished out the gemstone and held it up to the light of the fire. The quartzy, clear crystal was patterned with colour just like her invitation was, although a jagged crack down the middle rather spoiled the effect. She wasn't sure why she kept it around. She wasn't even sure why she'd picked it up - there had certainly been more pressing matters in that cave on Tatooine that she should have been concerning herself with. There was something reassuring about it though; knowing that a cracked and broken thing can still look beautiful if it's held in the right light.

Simple_Divider_Orange_to_White.png

Last edited:

millubar.png

ROAM

Tag: Beric Layne Beric Layne , Jan Beroya Jan Beroya
Objective: Roam
Attire: [X]

Millu had no idea how she was even here. Probably since it was a Knights Obsidian party, and she'd be under close eye of a lot of folks, her grounding didn't really matter much. She wasn't properly grounded anyway, Beric had just forbidden her from being anywhere within five feet from Frosthall's drink stash. Really, she hadn't meant to get so drunk that night, it just happened. Oh well.

At least they were coming to this party! She'd probably not be allowed anywhere near the bar, but that wasn't that much of an issue, she wasn't going to drink anyway. Never again agter that terrible headache the morning after Vettr Nacht. Ugh.

She had put on a lacy cream dress and a pair of ankle boots, done her hair up, and put on her usual makeup. After grabbing one of her purses, she had gone to find her master, who was dressed in his usual taking-care-of-Vandor "traditional" clothes (or so he said). Millu then spent the entire trip to Roon making sarcastic quips about Beric being high nobility but apparently not having more than three pairs of clothes.

After getting there and mingling a little while, Millu was getting tired of the whole social scheme. It was high time they found someone actually interesting to hang out with. And suddenly her prayers were answered. From the middle of the crowd, a finely dressed woman came walking towards them. It was Jan Beroya Jan Beroya , one of the Knights Obsidian and apparently a friend of her master.

Millu's eyes went from Raina's to Beric's face and back again, taking in the interaction between the two with much interest. Was that a subtle blush on her master's cheeks? Very interestng indeed... Was there something going on between the two of them? Her thoughts were broken by Raina's attention being diverted to her, and Millu smirked as she heard the woman's suggestion. Finally a little fun!

"But of course! I suggest we drag him to the sea and throw him in!" she giggled, looking back and forth between her master and this new addition to her small friend circle.

kobanner_1.png

Pyre.png
Lady Ee'everwest had been delayed. The news was unsurprising to Voph, considering her station in society. But it did leave him by himself at a party he'd otherwise not intended to attend. He drew near the bonfires, looking around at the various gatherings that occured. Heard the laughter of the Knights enjoying themselves for the first time in a long while. They were happy. Whole. Voph smiled softly at the notion. Their body may have been broken, but their spirits remained as strong as ever. And deep within himself, Voph felt a small flicker. Hope. Hope that he could make it right. That he could fix it. That the decimation of yet another people would not continue to be his legacy.

Voph paused near one of the outlying bonfires upon realizing that there was but a sole occupant at this one. "They don't bite, you know." Voph sat down in the sand beside her, noticing the crystal she inspected. Voph sensed something was wrong with the girl. She, too, shared a heavier mood than the night permitted. "A fine specimen you have there, child." He gestured to the crystal in her hand. "Forged in the sands of Tatooine. I'd recognize one anywhere."

Pyre.png

Wearing: -x-
Tags: Kyyrk Kyyrk

Lefwen bristled slightly as a deep, powerful voice broke through her concentration. Its owner sat beside her presently and commented on the stone which she'd instinctively closed her hand around. She turned cautiously and eyed-up the figure. At first glance it would been easy to mistake him for some frail old man, just judging from the drab cloth and covered eyes, but on closer inspection one suddenly noticed the taught muscle and alert posture that implied something else. A warrior? Maybe, although he would find it hard to fight without being able to see...

She began to notice the silence that hung over them, broken occasionally by a crackle from the fire. The smell of hot circuitry began to build, and she realised that the servos in her prosthetic fingers were whirring frantically as she held the crystal tensely in her hand. She loosed her grip slightly and began, "I know it's not going to bite." She immediately noticed how venomous she'd sounded. A few months on your own and you're already back to acting like a cornered rat. She suppressed the intrusive thought and tried to think back to her training. Instinctively she tried to reach out through the Force, testing the emotions of those around her. It took only a moment to hone in on the man before her. She had improved a great deal at using her abilities while under her master's tutelage, but still this man before her was an enigma. His emotions were an assortment of colours and shapes, like the pattern in the gemstone. There were tinges of cheer and goodwill, corners made of hope and expectation, but throughout it all there was a crack. Regret? Perhaps. Loss? It wasn't clear. Either way, it did not seem that he harboured any particular ill-will at this moment. Just an old, decrepit warrior living out his days a beach parties? It wasn't impossible.

"It's nothing more than a rock," she stated more calmly before pushing herself up with a hand and making to leave. She paused however, and span back around slowly to face the new arrival. "Wait, how do you know it's from Tatooine?" She stopped and considered again, regarding the tightly bound cloth around his eyes. "How do you even know I was holding anything?"

Last edited:

kobanner_1.png

Pyre.png
Voph chuckled softly as the girl rounded on him, demanding how he knew such things. He turned his gaze towards the bonfire, tossing a small piece of driftwood into the inferno. "I used to collect them. My son loved how they glimmered in the light. I'm told it's an impressive display." Voph's head turned to look directly at Lefwen. He lifted a finger and pointed at the stone, packed into her bag though it may be. "I know you cannot perceive it, but the structure of that crystal is unique. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say certain properties only exist because of Tatooine's influence."

Voph turned his attention back to the fire, collecting and then tossing a discarded shell into the fire. "Someone so young as you, so skilled in the arts of Empathy?" Voph paused, a brow arching though he remained staring into the fire. He added a comment before continuing, "Yes, I know when it's being used on me, especially one as...clumsy as you. And yet you find it hard to believe that I can see the Crystal you possess?"

Voph fell silent for a moment. "A wise man once said, 'Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them.' If only your kind knew how correct he was." Voph reached up, and removed his blindfold, laying it on the sands next to him. When his head turned towards Lefwen, she was greeted with the ghastly sight of two empty sockets staring back. And yet, it was clear that it was not due to an injury that his face bore this appearance. For his eyes lacked lids, the skin instead forming a smooth socket, save for the various flecks of scar tissue he had earned over decades of war. "I think you should ask yourself if what you possess is truly just a rock."

Roam.png

F R O S T B U R N

Tag: Millu Lee Millu Lee | Jan Beroya Jan Beroya
Wearing: x

His apprentice had given him more than an adequate earful for his choice of dress for this 'ball' as they'd flown in from Frosthall. He'd had his own chance to give her a telling-off as they'd landed, informing her that the bar would be off-limits for her after what had happened on Vettr Nacht. Inwardly he was a little proud -- he did have a sense for impish delight, even though it was largely suppressed -- but Millu needed to learn discipline. And how to hold her own alcohol.

They were interrupted by a familiar voice, and Beric turned to see the woman he'd met on Vettr Nacht. "Raina," Beric curtly greeted the dark lady, dressed in a shimmering robe of fine white cloth. There was a note of reluctance and maybe even embarrassment in his voice. He felt his cheeks grow warm for the briefest of moments before silencing that swell, tempering his breathing. "I can't say that I'm surprised to find you here."

Perhaps he didn't mean to, or maybe he should not have, but his greeting was as cold as Vandor's winds. Raina didn't seem to like it either, and his brow furrowed at her suggestion to his apprentice. And Millu's eagerness to collaborate. "Millu," he said, still looking at Raina. "Let this be a lesson for tonight. Do not throw someone into the sea if they can part it."

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
Pyre.png
H U M B L E D

Wearing: xxx
Tag: Redd Redd | Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

The Nightmother seemed to be unsatisfied with his answer in regards to the things he did not have time for. She had a point to make, and Gerwald did hear her, as the nod given indicated. The pale witch knew of a certain balance in life that Gerwald refused to allow himself, and only because it had led to pain. The wolf knew what it meant to be fought over, to have an impossible choice before him, and to end up choosing neither option. His decisions had led to grief and pain. His sister, Alwine, was no longer among the Confederacy, and the blame was his to share.

Gerwald had not looked for love after his experience with the two sisters. Naedira had never once sought to make Gerwald love her. The woman, whose soul was bound to the ring around his neck, had only ever been a friend, someone that loved him for who he was, not the things she perceived could be gained by their relationship. Naedira had been the first to offer him such a thing so freely. The wolf still found himself disappointed that he had not recognized his own feelings much sooner. Even if she did not return them, the lupine loved her for the simple offering she had given him.

“You will not impose. Tonight, I belong to everyone that is here. You and I both know this is more for them than it is for me,” his words danced toward the witch.

Blue eyes looked to Redd. She knew it as well. He still welcomed her presence at his side. Gerwald knew he would need to lean on her for patience by the time the night was over. A good run, divested of anything that would hinder him from letting the wolf loose, was what both of them needed.

A grin pulled at his lips as the witch spoke of how both the matter of duty and personal could be accomplished. She would have the final word he supposed, though they would talk later about many things that would not be for the ears of those attending the gathering.

“Our order does have many brave souls, but we have seen countless failures among those which have led before me. I am not one who wishes to repeat their mistakes. I will do what I have always known, and I will lead from the front, and I will be visible. I have sacrificed much to keep those brave souls my priority. Whereas one of ours continues to be in torment, while I have promised to free her, duty has demanded that the needs of the many have my attention first. However, when the time comes for it, I would hope that you will help me in keeping my promise to all, even the one?”

This question was most important to Gerwald. As they arrived by one of the spits, Gerwald cut off a portion of the meat which was still undercooked to human standards. His eyes widened as he offered the piece to Redd.

“I find that the smoke adds an interesting flavor. You may like this, and should eat as much as you will. Your pups need the strength, as do you.”

Even in the midst of what seemed to be a conversation about business, Gerwald could pause to focus on the needs of his sister.

“And the Nightmother is correct. Your decisions are always yours to make. Do not even let me get in the way of what you truly want for them.”

With that he cut into the meat and took a chunk for himself. If the Nightmother wished to eat something that was more raw than cooked, the knife was offered to her to decide.”

Ger-Temp.png

Pyre.png

There were many things that could be said in response to the uncanny face that was now pointed in her direction, but none of them dared to actually manifest. She felt her legs tensing unhelpfully, but otherwise she stayed motionless. Waves lazily collapsed onto the sand and the firewood crackled. Somewhere down the beach there was a roar of laughter, and closer by there was the steady hum of waiting droids.

Her leg was starting to cramp so Lefwen forced it to relax. She let her shoulders sink slightly and breathed out in an attempt to gain some composure and confidence, not that it seemed likely the eyeless-man would be fooled.

"How did..." She heard her voice trail off, barely louder than the hiss of waves on the sand. 'You're just standing here looking like an idiot,' she heard herself think. Could the man actually see how pathetic she looked? Maybe he was sensing her emotions just as she had. If so he must be able to use the Force; only Amilthi had ever noticed when she was scrying people's thoughts before. Was he a Jedi?

She forced her eyes to slide away from the empty sockets where his own should have been and focussed on crease in his clothes. "You're a Jedi?" she asked dumbly. He certainly didn't look like a Jedi, although she was hardly an authority on the issue. "Are you the person who sent me the invitation?"

She sat down again on the sand, this time considerably further away than she had been before, and stretched out to pull her bag closer once again. Without taking her eyes off of the strange man and the suddenly fascinating fold in his shirt she reached into the bag and fished around. Her metal fingers clinked against the duraplast visor of her mask and a few empty hydron-three cannisters until she finally felt the slightly warm, chalky surface of the crystal. She allowed herself to look away from the man before her for a moment just to study the crystal once again.

"Not just a rock?"

Last edited:

evykDJN.png

CwUC9Kz.png

Equipment: Lightsaber (somewhere)
Outfit: XoXo
Tag: Damon Riggs Damon Riggs

Once they were a safe distance away from listening ears, Teyla turned to look upon the ghost of her revived husband.

Painted in the hour of a twilight sun made his face appear more gaunt than she remembered, and his clothes hung a bit more loosely on his frame. Whatever had happened during the years of his supposed ‘death’ had taken its toll on him.

Damon Riggs said:
"Not expecting to ever see me again were you? I wasn't sure I was going to ever escape... but here I am."

Her chestnut eyes flashed at his words, and her full lips pursed tightly into a thin line. “Here you are.” She repeated, her tone bellying a mix of disbelief and accusation, “Alive.” Her mind still struggled to accept what was right in front of her, having been settled on this ‘truth’ of being a bereaved wife and mother for many years now, dealing with one tragedy after another since his passing, like the aftershocks of an earthquake.

There was so much she wanted to say to him, to ask him, but none of the words would take form. How could you fit three years of questions and heartache into a few simple sentences? The moments passed, with the only sound between them being that of the ocean waves breaking against the shore. When at last he spoke, he posed a question that was asked in such a way that told her he already knew the answer.

Of course he would. Damon knew the type of person she was, that she was a survivor. They both were. Survival, loyalty. Those were always her two main driving forces. It was that instinct which brought them together initially, and it had been what pushed her to keep going after he was gone, when all she wanted to do was curl into a ball and give up. When Damon had died, her focus shifted to that which was still tangible. Her children, and her family on Naboo. Since then, that loyalty had expanded to Baros, and the Confederacy as well. To Luca, and the friendships she’d forged. Through them, she had found the will to move on. “I searched for you, held on to hope that you were somewhere out there, but when the papers came, I finally forced myself to accepted it. Our children deserved to have a Mother, not the mirage of one.”

Last edited:

YwqjUnZ.png
Pyre.png
Outfit: XoXo
Tags: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

A smile curved the Lupo’s lips for a moment, if only to offer a friendly smile towards the witch and she simply nodded her head at the offer to let the pups, when older, to roam freely on the Bastion without the fear of harm. The idea was not a bad one, but the woman had thought that it might be an idea she would consider, if she were going to let them roam freely without supervision for a few hours. While she and her mate did other things, that was. Redd also had other ideas of introducing the pups to the real world; under supervision of course, so then they could learn through mistakes and experiences. Although granted, the red wolf would make sure that no serious mistakes would be made while doing so. The idea of such a thing was to prepare her pups for the worst case scenario, which meant training at a young age so then they could defend themselves effectively should the time ever arise. However, she had yet to have that kind of talk with her mate. Yet, being the key word.

So instead, she said nothing and continued to peacefully walk beside the two as they seemingly exchanged words about duty. A word that struck up a resonance between the witch and her brother. Duty. Her brother had duty down pat and often he would neglect to even contact her. The red wolf didn’t mind too much, for she wasn’t at all used to leaning on anyone; but she often wondered about how he had lost the woman who was now anchored by a ring that hung around his neck. Golden eyes shifted to view the man’s neck one more before she looked over towards the forest itching for a run. Although the soft grumble of her stomach had the woman staying on course towards the direction of food and listening to the two talk about matters that were seemingly irrelevant to her.

There was one thing that she did wish to say, but she bit down upon her tongue until she tasted copper in her mouth. That was because the wolf always felt that Gerwald should let go of the ghost that haunted him, but still he hung on and always seemed to be stuck. As if he too had died somehow with his long lost love, but Redd was definitely not someone who should be giving advice about letting people go. She had retreated deep within her wolf skin until she had been ready to break out of her cage.

With that thought in mind, it was at that point when they had finally arrived by the spit and she was mentally foaming at the mouth to sink her teeth into it. She would have taken the whole thing if given the chance and she gratefully accepted the chunk that her brother offered. Pale fingers wrapped around the morsel and lifted it to her lips so then she could take a bite. However, the progress was halted the moment that both her brother and the witch spoke to Redd about making decisions for herself. Resisting a low growl that threatened to worm its way up, she took a bite of the meat instead and instantly a low rumble of satisfaction could be heard. ”You are right about this meat being delicious with the added smokey flavour.” She said as she focused on a few more mouthfuls for a moment, so then they too could lose themselves in the act of filling their stomachs.

Finally, after another bite, Redd swallowed and licked her lips. ”As for Haastal, he honestly doesn’t get a great deal of say over what I do and even if he does try, he gets bitten.” She said with a shrug and took another bite of the meat. The woman chewed, swallowed and continued on. ”However, I must consider his concerns as well. For while I may be carrying them, they are not just my pups but his as well and I need to think about his feelings, in regards to potentially putting the next generation in harm’s way.”

fire.png

PYRE

What were the chances?

For but a few brief moments, the trio enjoyed some basic pleasantries. However, that time came to an end when a ghost of Teyla's past wandered in. She strode off to speak with the mystery man - a fact that he would text her about later. But, in the moment, it left Abel and Serana very much alone. The Knight could barely keep his eyes off her - not that he wanted them to be anywhere else, mind. But, in the interest of not staring, he simply averted his gaze shortly after pointing to the bow.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the change in her expression. A range of emotions played upon her features, culminating with what appeared to be a sigh of relief. It is. she answered. And Abel's first thought was why didn't Gramps lead with this?

And then came the laughter. Sudden peals that chimed with just a twinge of nervousness. Abel gaped, feeling a storm in his stomach, until she admitted between laughs that she had no idea. But, she didn't seem upset or dismayed at the turn of events. If anything, she seemed...happy? Okay with it at the least. The Knight leaned back upon the tree, releasing a sigh of relief himself.

"If the old man had led with this, I'd probably have gotten you two cups of caf." he began, grinning ever so slightly. And then came the question of the hour.

"I...take it that you're fine with this then? With me?"

Serena Denko

kobanner_1.png

Pyre.png
Voph, likely in response to the girl's discomfort, returned the blindfold to his face. His point had been made, there was no sense in making things more uncomfortable than they had to be. It was, after all, the chief reason he wore it. "No, your invitation was the doing of the Lord Commander. I am but a guest, the same as yourself." Voph plucked up another piece of driftwood, but instead of throwing it into the fire, he held it, spinning it around in his hands as he studied it. After a long pause, Voph answered her other question. "But no. No, I'm not a Jedi. Nor will I ever be. We don't, as your kind would say, see eye-to-eye."

Voph held up the piece of driftwood, continuing to look at it. "Many things in life are not what they first appear. This small piece of wood is hard and brittle, years of salt and sand corroding its very being. But without that? it was once vibrant and full of life. Same as that rock you carry." With his example given, Voph had no further need of the driftwood, and it was tossed into the fire. "But unlike the driftwood, the rock can come alive once again. Humor an old man, if you will. Reach out. Find the rock. Close your eyes if it helps you. Reach out and find it the same way you found me."

Pyre.png

Lefwen curled an eyebrow as the blind man spoke. He certainly sounded like a Jedi, what with all the riddles and lack of plain Basic. And yet he seemed almost offended by the comparison, or at the very least was dismissive of the association. She had assumed that her invitation to this mournful party had been in some way related to her time spent with the Jedi - after all, cheerless festivities seemed to be a Jedi speciality - but that seemed less and less likely now. Why was she here? Why would the Lord Commander invite her? Lord Commander of what?

"...Reach out and find it the same way you found me."

Once again, the man was sounding uncannily like a Jedi. Did they all speak in strange platitudes and metaphors? She founds herself momentarily distracted by the dreadful thought of ending up like that herself. She pushed that thought aside. The man was not making sense. She couldn't feel objects like that; she'd only ever really been able to sense people or fast moving objects, and she was still not particularly good at the latter. But then, why wouldn't it be possible to sense objects? If the ability didn't exist then how could the man have seen the stone at all? She'd already scanned around for ocular-droids and there didn't seem to be any.

She watched the man for a moment through narrowed eyes. There was something unnerving about knowing she was being watched without being able to find a pair of eyes to glare at. Does he blink?...

There was something oddly compelling about the man's instruction though, and so she allowed her thoughts to probe outward. It only took a few moments to centre herself and begin building up a picture of the emotional landscape around her. There were less people on the beach now as many had moved inland away from the steadily cooling sea-breeze and towards the bars and accommodation. She opened her eyes slightly to check the man was still there. He was. Eyes closed again, she began to focus her senses down to the crystal in her fingers. It was coarsely textured and slightly warm, but that information was coming from her fingers not her thoughts. In the corner of her mind's eye she could see the man's emotions flickering slightly. Bemusement? Interest? Boredom? It was hard to tell. Why are you so hard to read? She wondered.

She was losing focus, and she had been taught that the best thing to do when you lose focus is to acknowledge the distraction and then push it aside. So, she opened her eyes for a moment and carefully nestled the crystal in the sand before her. She leant back again, being careful to keep her hands close enough to grab the stone and her bag if the man made any sudden moves. Eyes closed, she tried once again to feel for the stone. Breathe slowed. Shoulders settled. Teeth bit into her lip. She began to sense the fluttering, ghost-like form of the fire and the settling of the logs within. She could feel the steady pulse of the ocean as it span in strange tides thanks to the perturbing effect of the asteroid ring that circled the world. The stone was elusive though; it was too still, too detached from the world of motion. It was just a rock.

For a second she felt something strange in front of her, buried partly in the sand. It wasn't warm, but glimpsing it felt warming. She felt herself get excited, and in that instant the entire picture crumbled and slipped away. She opened her eyes again, the inside of her lip still held between her teeth. The crystal still sat before her, glittering in the light of the fire.

"If it's not a rock then what is it? And how do you know these things anyway?"

Last edited:

kobanner_1.png

Pyre.png
Voph smiled softly at the girl's attempt, even though it failed. Many did, on their first attempts. The turmoil of emotion was a hindrance when uncontrolled. Though when tempered, it made a powerful furnace. Voph nodded slightly as Lefwen opened her eyes. Before he had a chance to answer her, however, she asked him another pair of questions. "That particular kind of Crystal has many applications. The way it resonates with the Force, it could be used to help amplify one's ability. It could be used as a beacon. As a decoration." Voph shrugged. "I know it will seem strange, but spend enough time with it, it may even become part of you. A constant companion in all things. When executed properly, it could even be used for perhaps the most noble purpose of all."

There was a loud snap, which at first seemed to come from the bonfire. But it soon became apparent that the sound had originated from Voph's organic hand. Held within his grip was a large cylinder. A Lightsaber. And somehow, in that moment, his aura seemed to change. The way he held the blade in his hand, it seemed almost to be a part of him. The history between the two yet unspoken, but deeper than the deepest ocean. "I may not be Jedi, nor may I ever join their number. But I know for what they fight. I had hoped for a peaceful life, away from the war. But the Sith came, and took everything away from me. My home, my wife, my child... For a time, I was pressed into their service. Forced to partake in their petty squabbles with the Jedi. I learned much from them. But then the War came..." Voph fell silent for a long moment, and the crack in his emotional plane deepened just a bit. "I learned much that even I do not wish to know. Things that I would not wish upon my most vile enemy..."

ROAM

At first the young woman did not believe him - before breaking into a giggle fit. The gap between their ages was so palpable that one could cut it with a knife. The peals did cause Ishmael's lips to briefly twitch with amusement.

"Well, we're on Roon. Home of the Knights. I'd assume anyone I bumped into here was a co-worker." he answered, slightly shaking his head. "Thorn Chapter. You?"

As far as the direction of the party went, the young one - amusingly - had no clue where the feth she was. She was 70%...down to 50% sure. And the direction she pointed in was totally wrong.

"I'm 100% sure the party is this way. And, if I'm wrong, I'll owe you five push ups too. Deal?"

By now Ishmael was grinning. There was something infectious about this kid's smile.

Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Anika Tau'ri

A

R O A M
Serena-Side.png

Serena did not have an accurate word to describe the relief she felt knowing what she did now. Even through all her learning, all the complicated terms and descriptors, the thousand-word essays and the late nights buried up to her shoulders in medical textbooks. There was still nothing that could accurately sum it up.

It was him.

If she were at all the type to believe in destiny, then Abel would have been hers. For most of her life, love at first sight, had been for storybooks. A thing for princes who rescued princesses from dragons, witches, and towers. Chasing after it been an interesting pass time of her youth, but that pass time had not extended beyond her days in the college dorms. However, she had known from the moment she walked into that emergency room. From the moment she caught a glimpse of those shocking blue eyes…

It was not a fallacy. It was not a fairy story. It was not legend, or myth, or fantasy. It was real. As real as the heart that pounded an impossible rhythm against her ribcage. As real as the man that stood in front of her, smiling sheepishly.

Rather like floodgates holding back a torrent of water, Serena let loose the torrent of feeling she had been bottling up from the moment she saw Abel. She let her heart skip a beat when he smiled at her. She let her cheeks blush at his joke. She let the giggle flow freely. “I probably would have kissed you for it this time.” She quipped back.

When he asked a question of her, Serena’s face fell somewhat. It was a complicated question, as he was likely extremely aware. Was she fine with the fact that it was Abel? She was more than fine about that. Was she fine with the entire arrangement? That remained to be seen. In response, she shrugged and turned her back to the bonfire fully. Talking about this in earshot of the rest of the Knights did not feel appropriate. “Let’s walk?” Serena asked, though her feet had already begun to draw her away from the gathering.

“I’m happy that it’s you.” She began in a soft tone. “In the spirit of starting this relationship off on a good footing, I want to be honest.” At this point, she flashed him a coy smile that lasted all of half a second before she dragged her gaze back down to the and. “That night in the hospital… You made a lasting impression. And I know your name, at least. You are by far the best person I could have hoped to meet here tonight.” She paused for a second, relishing in the way the sand sunk between her toes with each step. How it stung the back of her legs when her heel flicked it up. She did not want to upset him.

“I supposed I wouldn’t have agreed to this, if I weren’t okay with it, but…” Serena sighed a small, private sigh and drew her arms around her body. “I thought I had escaped it all when I became a doctor, I certainly didn’t see an arranged marriage in my future.” As an afterthought, she added quickly on to the end. “The idea of one certainly seems a lot more agreeable now I know it’s you.” She turned to glance at him as she asked a question of her own. “And you?”

Pyre.png

Recoiling backward, Lefwen grabbed the crystal and rose to her feet in puff of sand. The man did not move, however, instead he continued to talk calmly, as if the lightsaber in his hand was no-more exceptional than the pieces of firewood her had been toying with only a few seconds earlier. She listened while he spoke, but her eyes remained focussed on the intricate hilt of the weapon. She raised her hand ever so slightly, ready to raise a Force Barrier if it proved necessary. She had never tried to block a lightsaber before, indeed the most potent weapon she had ever successfully blocked had been a mere gaffi stick, and the Tusken that had swung that had already been injured.

The man fell silent and Lefwen felt herself beginning to calm down. He did not look aggressive or malicious, indeed his expression seemed match his doleful tone. Had he intended just to make a point? An impression? Either way, she supposed, it had worked. He began to talk again, still mournful and bitter. She began to find herself almost feeling pity for the sightless man. Many men made grandiose claims about the adventures of their life, about how they had fought heroically against impossible odds, but this man's tone was altogether different to that of the bragging smugglers and charlatans that littered the clubs and starports of every world from here to the Core. The difference being that is seemed he had lost.

"I didn't mean to offend you," she said, her voice sounding squeaky and dry. She began to think back through what he had said more clearly. He had mentioned the Jedi and the Sith, but seemed to have no loyalty to either. But the Sith were extinct, weren't they? She had only ever heard of them as scary-stories traded on barstools and the fairy-tales of her childhood library; evil monsters with red lightsabers who fought against the heroic Jedi in titanic duels that decided the fate of star systems and princesses. She allowed herself to look at his face once again, studying his expression as they both stood silently.

Her breath was beginning to steady itself now and the lump in her throat was clearing. The real world began to fall back into place, filling up again with sounds and sensation. The fire crackled, the wind blew and the sound of conversation and laughter wafted across the beach. She noticed that she was cold, but there was an odd, warm sensation in her hand. She looked down and opened it slightly, remembering the crystal within. Had the glittering flecks of light inside always been so bright?

"You said you had lost people," she began, "I know how that feels." She cringed slightly as she realised how insincere her attempt at solidarity had sounded, but there was little for it but to press on. "Is that why these people are all gathered here today? A remembrance of people who have been lost?" She paused and considered her next words carefully. "Only, I had noticed that there are far more pyres than could ever have been attended by the number of people here. Has everybody here lost somebody to the Sith?"

Last edited:

kobanner_1.png

Pyre.png
Voph shrugged quietly in response to the girl's apology. It was silent, but it conveyed the message clear enough. No offense taken. She was young. She didn't know any better. In fact, Lefwen was no older than Cortrin had been when...

Well, they'd worry about that later. The girl posed yet another question. An inquisitive spirit, this one. Had everyone here lost someone to the Sith? Voph shook his head. "No. Some of us have." Voph gestured across the beach at a well built individual with long hair and a full beard. "He has, for one. Gerwald Lechner. He's the one responsible for your invitation. I presume, anyways. Lord Commander of the Knights Obsidian. We're...something akin to the Jedi. Anything more would take some time to explain."

Voph figured the least he could do was to illuminate the girl on this world she stood on the precipice of. "This gathering was meant to be a happy time. And, judging by the crowd, it is. Or, close enough to it." And then there's us. Voph smirked quietly at the notion. "No, the Knights have seen enough trials. Tonight was a night to let them be free from stress and worry."

Voph fell silent for a moment. The girl had proven quite perceptive in spite of her myriad questions. "But not for me. Tonight I continue to stand vigil over them. They are my family. The only family I have left. Though tonight does not mourn a great loss, it does not change the fact that one has happened. You mentioned having felt loss before?" Voph turned to look at Lefwen. "I pray you never feel it as I have."

Pyre.png

Lefwen nodded in faint understanding as she looked over in the direction of the man that had been pointed to. He did not give the appearance of a 'Knight Commander.' Then again, she reflected, the man before her gave the appearance of a hermit more-so than a guardian. Not that hermits tended to carry lightsabers.

She listened carefully as the sightless man spoke. It was a great deal to take in, and not all of its made sense to her. A group of Knights who were 'similar' to the Jedi? She looked around, studying the guests one by one. Barring the man stood before her, none of them were dressed in the drab robes she associated with the Jedi. They appeared less as knights and more like a group of socialites. Then again, the man had said this was a party... Did Jedi and 'sort-of Jedi' throw parties?

The knight continued to speak, smiling wryly as he explained the festivities. Lefwen noticed that he spoke in third-person when referring to those celebrating. His words had a fatherly tone, she imagined, and it was clear he felt some sense of duty to the people around him. Was that why he had chosen to speak to her? Did he fear she was some kind of threat? It seemed unlikely.

She allowed him to finish and felt the silence fall over them, although the knight did not appear to notice it. She felt the cold sea-breeze once again and took a few awkward steps closer to the fire, ignoring the smoke stinging her eyes. He had ended on a sombre tone and her head was tumbling with ways to reply that would not cause offence. Eyes staring into the flames, she finally replied.

"I lost my family. They're still alive, I think, but I can't return to them." She paused and blinked away the smoke. It seemed a pathetic thing in comparison to what the man had said. The man seemed able to read her emotions better than she could read his though, so there seemed little point stopping there. She didn't know what she had been expecting to find on this world, and so perhaps using this night as an excuse to come to terms with things was not the worst idea. In fact, it appeared to be in the spirit of the evening. "And I guess I lost my master too. She was a Jedi, of a kind." She smirked, "Perhaps I should keep that crystal close-by before I lose that too, if it really is more than just a pretty rock."

The girl turned and looked out at the sea. "I hope you can protect your family better than I have."

MhxKjxk.png

Pyre.png

The Witch regarded Gerwald calmly as he spoke. There was truth to what he said, and yet she wondered as to the nature of his obligation. There was a selflessness that came with leading borne of a desire to uplift; and then there was a mere necessity of duty that was expected though not shared. It would do both parties well if the Nightmother ensured Gerwald was firmly enveloped in the former rather than the latter.​
"The needs of the many is a solemn duty we all share, but never forget the needs of the one," the Witch intoned. "You always have my support, Gerwald." So long as the man did not become corrupted and sought to undermine the very foundations of Creation. If things had gone that far, however, the Pale Witch would need to scrutinize herself for failing to notice that dark path sooner. "Especially in that matter." Twice thus far she had already been involved in the matter concerning the woman he clung to even in death. Vytal saw no reason to turn away now, especially when it seemed he would need allies most.​
Tension in Redd's form shifted in nature as the two danced around concerns regarding the ring. What she thought was known to Vytal, but perhaps Gerwald confided in others after all? If so that would be good for his soul. The greater the support, the more likely he would come through alive and as himself. Given how the female wolf remained silent, however, the pale woman would refrain from drawing attention -- just as Gerwald and her had not made mention of any particular details concerning the matter.​
As the two shared a bite, Vytal retrieved the blade and slid it expertly through the roasting meat. Most couldn't handle a knife if their lives depended upon it, preferring pre-made meals. A Witch, however, was not unfamiliar with such 'simple' tools. Nor were they afraid of raw meat; though Vytal did prefer the flavor of it cooked.​
"These fires do the meat justice," she added by way of agreement. "Such large pyres serve many functions. Searing the flesh being one of the greatest to a mere campfire."
A smile graced her dark lips for a moment. "Have either of you ever danced about a fire?" Was it something their kind did? She would say the Nightsisters knew how to run through the woods though it was likely having four legs presented a unique perspective on the act. There were magicks for such an occasion, however.​
YushaBot.png

Template By: Darth Metus (Guy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom