Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Obsidian-Class Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
0sm5jur0fob01.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a new Destroyer for the Vylmiran Navy
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Locke and Key Mechanics
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Model: Obsidian-class
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Reinforced Durasteel, Impurvium Hull, Transparisteel, Starship Components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Cruiser
  • Length: 2,000 Meters
  • Width: 957 Meters
  • Height: 308 Meters
  • Armament: Extreme
  • Defenses: Extreme
  • Hangar Space:
2000m: Very Low: 5
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 3 squadrons
    • Support Craft: 2 squadrons
  • Maneuverability Rating: Low
  • Speed Rating: Low
  • Hyperdrive Class: Very Fast
STANDARD FEATURES
  • All Standard Features
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Point Blank Powerhouse: The Obsidian class Destroyer is designed to be a stellar point-blank range ship
  • Fighter Bay: Unlike its predecessor, the Obsidian class carries three squadrons of Odyssey class fighters to assist in combat operations
  • Molecular Shielding: Most energy based weaponry will be absorbed by the shield, and channeled right back into the Obsidian Class's own guns
  • Ramming Prow: The Reinforced bulkheads on the Obsidian class allow for ramming maneuvers with less risk to the crew or ship integrity
WEAKNESSES
  • Maneuverability: The XR-01 Cannons mounted on the belly of the vessel are fixed emplacements, requiring the entire ship to turn to target them. As such, these are only effective against larger ships and at longer ranges.
  • Long Range: The ships are ineffective at range, owing to a smaller number of long range turbolasers, and insufficient maneuverability to adequately utilize the XR-01 Cannons at their full potential.
DESCRIPTION
With the advent of the VTI Drive Yards, the Vylmiran Navy began working to overhaul all of the ships in its arsenal. The Obsidian Class was the first, becoming the new main-line capital ship. Abandoning the design philosophies of prior vessels, the Obsidian class focused on close-quarters combat, and being able to withstand hits from a multitude of vessels at once. It does, however, maintain a few long range options for those times where such is necessary. Additionally, the choice was made to include a small wing of Starfighters, allowing the ships even more versatility in their offensive capabilities.

Last edited:
Kyyrk Kyyrk

All in all, a robust and versatile looking ship. A point-blank bruiser that gets right up in your grill to ruin your day. I am ready to stamp this approved though the ratings for this vessel come out slightly underbalanced. I'll leave this open just in case you may want to:
  • Increase one of your non-extreme ratings up by one level.
  • Increase production of this to Minor.
Whether or not you choose to buff this slightly, please @me with your decision and I will stamp this bad boy approved. Thanks!

Avo Avo

Thanks for dropping that random like, completely forgot I needed to check on this. (Pro tip: Don't work at a grocery store during Covid, it screws with you).

I've opted to increase Speed from Very Low to Low, which should result in a balanced sub.

Reactions: Avo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom