Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Oblivion

sv3Y8N2.png

div1.png
Objective: Search for survivors from the distressed ship
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

It had only been a few weeks after the events of Teta, since then Silas couldn't help but feel differently about himself.

He hadn't told a soul about the horrible truth that was told to him by Onrai Onrai that day, not even the ones he trusted most like Master Noble. For once in his life he was scared of what was to come. She was married to a former sith, but Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble had long switched allegiance before he met her. A doubt deep inside Silas swelled and glowed, telling him she will cast him away once she found out the truth. Sure, he still had a future ahead of him, but could he do something his previous ancestors couldn't do and sway off the path of his sith legacy? that was something that stuck with him most.

The more he kept it to himself, the more he grew frustrated and confused of how unclear his path was. He had only just began recovering properly from the death of his parents, and now an even bigger weight was placed onto his shoulders. It was almost overwhelming, to the point where he felt like snapping in two from the constant barrage of sorrow slamming into his soul like a wave hitting rocks. He couldn't tell anyone, not a single soul...

Silas sat unusually silent in the cockpit of Master Nobles ship, not really saying much unless he had too. The padawan had been like that since they got into the ship to respond to a distress signal close by, one that had been reported ransacked by Maw raiders. The pair hadn't really discussed about what was ahead, only a few words of what they had been doing recently. But other than that, his mood was clearly quite more reserved than normal. Gazing in front of him, he finally looked up to the focused Valery and broke his silence.

"Before we got onto the ship you mentioned you wanted to discuss something with me Master Valery, is there something you're worried about?" he asked cautiously, almost frightened that she had somehow found out about his bloodline.

Appearance: Link
Outfit: Factory Link
Weapon:
Lightsaber
Tag: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

"You're quiet,"

Valery looked away from her instruments and glanced over at Silas for a moment. He had always been more reserved, and very proper in his behavior. But he was unusually quiet, and she knew him well enough to know that something was on his mind. She wasn't going to pressure him though — they had their talk about being open already, and he had shared a lot with her.

If he struggled with something, he'd bring it up when he felt ready.

"I know Teta was likely difficult for you; it was for me too. But things will be alright in the end," she said with a comforting tone. Valery and Kahlil had lost their home in the battle and were now forced to live on the Bastion with Vera. It was tough and they had to adapt to sudden change once again. But there was always strength to be found in being together.

Valery then allowed silence to linger between them again until he finally spoke up himself.

"Before we got onto the ship you mentioned you wanted to discuss something with me Master Valery, is there something you're worried about?"

She chuckled and shook her head, "I'm not worried but there was something I wanted to talk to you about. My husband and I live very chaotic lives at the moment, and mine is perhaps really at an all-time high. I wanted to discuss the option of him becoming your Master, while I'll be there frequently as a supportive role. I think you'd benefit a lot from his style of teaching."

"I'm sorry master, I guess I just don't feel like talking today" The boy lied, his lips forcing out a small smile to try and throw off any suspicions. He hated lying to Valery and during his childhood his parents didn't bring him up to be a liar. Although, this was different. There was good reason not to tell them, and he was going to keep it that way for as long as he saw fit.

Silas nodded slowly to her calming words saying everything was going to be alright. Even with her saying he still wasn't so sure. Now that the horrible truth was out he didn't know what to do with himself, was it only right to withdraw himself from the order to stop his worst fears from coming true? he just simply didn't know what to do with himself.

"Yea... I hope that's the case" the boy sighed, a frown momentarily appearing from his lips glumly

Valery and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble had lost their home from the battle, as well as move baby Vera from harms way. Their experience surely must of been stressful and with the kid he surely couldn't imagine the constant worry going through their minds "I'm sorry about you losing your home in the battle, at least you have the ship to keep you comfy for now" he said with a positive nod. However, that would soon fade away from the answer she gave regarding what she wanted.

The more she spoke the more his head lowered in disappointment, almost upset that Valery had been taken away from him just like that. Yet, it was totally understandable as to why. The Galactic Alliance needed her experience on the frontlines, and she wouldn't be there all the time to get the most out of his potential.

At first, he seemed to find it hard to accept "But master... I thought..." he stammered out, stopping himself to think about the wider picture and not about himself. Sighing, he knew he had to accept it. With her on the battlefield she could potentially be the difference to winning a key point. Even so, she'd still be there to support and train him. Deciding to gulp down his doubts, he finally opened his mouth to give support of the whole idea.

"I understand Master Valery, you are needed out there more than anything and I don't want to hinder that by any means. Kahlil is a more than suitable teacher in my eyes, kind, stern, intelligent... it will be an honour to learn from him."

Weapon:
Lightsaber

She knew him well enough to understand that something was still on his mind, but he didn't seem to want to talk about it. Or he simply wasn't ready to bring it up — either way, she allowed the topic to shift so he wouldn't get uncomfortable. Empress Teta was still a difficult subject to talk about with how fresh it was, but it at least seemed a little less troubling to him.

"I'm sorry about you losing your home in the battle, at least you have the ship to keep you comfy for now"

The corners of Valery's lips curled into a faint smile, "It's alright, I've never been one to get attached to places. We were mostly worried and upset about the war getting so close to our daughter. It... was my idea to live on that world because I believed it to be safe in the core." she let out a somewhat frustrated sigh, "For now, we'll live on the Bastion but I do want to find a place far away from the war for a more permanent home as well."

A moment of silence followed after she then proposed the idea of Kahlil handling his training as his Master, and she could notice his doubts at first. It wasn't so much about Kahlil, but more so the fact they had already bonded quite a bit — it was tough to change plans so suddenly, and she knew that.

Despite it though, Silas responded with a lot more maturity than most his age would.

"I understand Master Valery, you are needed out there more than anything and I don't want to hinder that by any means. Kahlil is a more than suitable teacher in my eyes, kind, stern, intelligent... it will be an honour to learn from him."

Valery smiled and nodded, "I'll still be very involved in your training as well... if he lets me," she joked in an attempt to keep the mood up. "He has also been quite excited about the idea of training a Padawan, and I believe you two would be a fitting pair. So I'm sure it's going to be a great experience, and whenever I'm not away for the war, I'll be around to teach you and bring you along on missions as well."

Silas frowned slightly from her obvious frustration Master Valery showed. There was no way of knowing the Maw would push so far into the core, not even the wisest of Jedi would of saw that coming. She was a caring mother who would do anything to keep Vera safe from harm, like any other true mom. He respected that more than anything, because it reminded him of his own who loved him to the end of the galaxy and back. All he hoped was Vera didn't have to go through what he did at a young age.

"I'm confident you'll find a place to raise Vera properly. A planet where she can roam free without fear..."

He hoped to do the same and return back to Azbrian when the time was right. Deep down, Silas knew there was unfinished potential to be found there and that was something he really couldn't let go of. That with most things seemed like lightyears away right now.

Hearing Valery's response a shy smile spread across his lips from hearing she was still going to be apart of his training. He had grown very fond of the Master since their first meeting on Ilum, who had been the most honest and caring person he had ever met. The boy was pleased she still wanted to be apart of his journey without even being his teacher, that in itself made only made him respect Noble even more. Not only that, but for Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble too. Who was excited to take him under his wing under short notice. Silas and the former Sith seemed to get on well and firmly agreed the two of them were a great pairing.

"If he doesn't I'll make sure to put in a good word for you" Silas chuckled lightly, his upper body leaning forward off his seat look further out through the cockpit window "But, I appreciate you willing to stay with me. It means more than you think" he added with a thankful nod and smile, happy she was going to keep with him as much as she could.

Not moments after, a structure came into view before them. The dormant shell of a ship floated in open space, its engines blown to pieces and gradually floating away from its former owner. Silas squinted his eyes as they got closer, glaring at the back of the ship which seemed to be the only part that seemed touched by the Maw attackers "From the looks of things, they weren't looking to give the crew a quick death. They could of blown them to bits. But instead, they've disabled their escape and possibly boarded" he commented, going silent for a few moments from the realisation of the horrors they were going to see inside.

"Since the distress signal, has there been anymore communication Master Noble?"

Last edited:

Weapon:
Lightsaber

"That's the goal," Valery said with a soft smile while she thought about her family for a moment. To find a safe place for them had been her priority when she picked Empress Teta initially and while that ended up in disaster, she couldn't give up now. The safety of her family was her priority as a mother, so she always had to look at the future for them.

The woman's gaze finally shifted back to Silas as he thanked her, and she just nodded,
"I was willing to let my husband become your Master, but as much as I love him, he's not taking my Padawans away from me entirely," she said jokingly still, with a big smirk on her face. "I also think it's good for young Jedi to learn from more than just one teacher, so you'll be seeing me a lot."

Valery smiled but finally turned her fiery eyes back into space, right as they approached their target — a large ship that had clearly been disabled by heavy firepower, yet none of the damage affected any crucial systems outside of the engines. "I agree, you'd only take out engines to prevent escape and plan a boarding action. But it's strange... the Maw isn't exactly known to take prisoners, so they didn't board to prevent unnecessary casualties."

A sigh then escaped her lips and after checking comms, she shook her head, "Not that I can tell. Can you try and run a scan for life signs? If there are survivors, we can at least try and help them. They might know more about what happened here exactly."

Two masters? to say the least he was more than happy to learn under them both. They were equally as talented force users, who both had different styles to their name. Valery was the sword master while Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble was more using the force itself, that in itself was a fine balance for any student. However, he was pleased that he'd still be seeing a lot of Valery who seemed to have great interest in his development.

Silas looked to Master Valery and nodded to her judgment, it was quite strange for the maw to even attempt this kind of thing. They were savage killers who had no meaning for the word mercy, so there must of been good reason for them to even do such a thing "I find it very strange master, considering there isn't any ships nearby it seems like they've just come and gone" the padawan said, gazing into the dark abyss of space into nothing.

Nodding to the suggestion of Master Noble he looked down to the control panel and pressed a few buttons, activating a life scan on the damaged ship before them. Silas watched as the results finally came in, revealing something he wasn't expecting all "According to the scans, there's multiple life signs on the ship, if not dozens still present. I don't know about you, but something isn't right" he said sternly, looking back up to Master Noble with concern.

"There are survivors, but I suggest we be cautious. It's still unclear if the Maw have finished with their game or not..."

Last edited:

Weapon:
Lightsaber

"I find it very strange master, considering there aren't any ships nearby it seems like they've just come and gone"

"Maybe there was something on board they were after. Could explain why they didn't blow it up," Valery said as she studied the damage on the ship. But even that theory didn't quite hold up entirely — they could have just blown the ship apart after retrieving what they were after. A sigh followed and after hearing about the life signs Silas was still able to detect, there really seemed to be no explanation.

"You're right, something isn't adding up here," Valery said as she slowly began to maneuver their shuttle closer to the ship.

"Find me a docking port far away from the life signs you detected. Just make sure there's an atmosphere there," Valery then told him as she accelerated the ship even more. "We'll get on the ship and slowly make our way to their location. If there are survivors, we have to get them out of there. But something feels off, so we'll be careful."

Then, after Silas offered her a waypoint, she began their approach to get onto the ship.

"That is a possibility, but I'm sure the Maw hate to leave something barely touched by their unrelenting destructive nature" he said as Master Valery agreed with his concerns. Sure, they could of got the item they were after, but leaving a ship this intact was unheard of by them. Something was clearly afoot, and they were going to be the ones to unravel this mystery.

"Of course master, give me a few moments..." he said, feeling the ship jolt forwards towards the harmless ship with some acceleration. Silas used the ships scans to identify a good docking point for them to safely land, one that also had atmosphere so they didn't suffocate upon entering. Nodding slowly, he transferred the location of a docking to master Nobles HUD, indicating a marker towards the back of the ship. Thankfully, it hadn't been touched by the damage that been dealt to the engines "That should be a safe landing area, far enough from the mass picked upon within"

With haste, they zoomed towards the docking station pointed out and began to slow down the more they got closer. Slowly but surely, the ship went to the dock and came to a halt with a brief shake. Silas unhooked his seatbelt but stayed in his seat for now, just in case Master Noble wanted to speak with him first "I'll stay close to you Master, it's probably not wise that we separate..." He said calmly, his curious blue eyes waiting for instruction.

Weapon:
Lightsaber

The moment their shuttle docked with the larger ship, Valery powered down the engines and downloaded the data from their scans into the tactical computer of her vambrace. If they were going to move through a damaged vessel, she wanted to know exactly which areas had no atmosphere, and the map she had also offered her the last-known locations of the life signs they detected.

All of it together would give them at least some safety going into this.

"I'll stay close to you Master, it's probably not wise that we separate..."

Valery nodded, "Agreed, stay close and don't take unnecessary risks. We have no idea what's out there, so we have to be extra careful," the woman said as she removed her own seatbelt and got up. She then checked to make sure her two lightsabers were ready and attached to her belt, and stepped over to the docking port.

"We'll first head to where we detect life signs. People might be trapped or well... they might be in trouble. Then we'll head up to the bridge and download anything we can access to figure out what happened." She paused and looked at Silas a moment away from going through the port into the other ship. "But as I'm sure you can understand, rescuing people is the priority."

With that, Valery began making her way inside the mysterious vessel...

"Yes Master" Silas said, both Jedi agreeing they should stick close instead of going into the unknown on their own. Once Valery had gotten out of her seat, the padawan soon followed suit and got up. He quickly checked over his lightsaber and plaed it back safely in his pocket before going over to the docking port, silently listening to the master explain the game plan. The bridge was probably the best bet they had in finding out the truth, as well as any survivors they could find.

"Most of the life signs seemed to be coming from one of the biggest areas of the ship which is the general mess hall. There are other break away groups, but they'll be on the way up to the bridge."

Like what Master Noble said, they were here to find and bring back survivors safely. Their couldn't be no mistakes, else there was a risk their could be no one to save at all.

Without hesitation, the padawan followed the master into the vessel. He couldn't imagine what was going to be inside, but considering the Maws reputation it was sure going to be a bloodbath of epic proportions. Once the blast door opened a disfigured body welcomed them to the right, motionless and cold from the beating it had taken from the hands of the Maw. Silas motioned to the body with his head and carefully went over to the face down man. Kneeling down, his hand went over to his shoulder and turned him over, revealing a face that looked bloodied and unrecognisable. The brutality didn't bother him that much, it was the smell that he couldn't seem to get over from his captive days.

"Brutes..." was the only whispered reaction he could muster, their violence had no bounds.

Suddenly, the blast door behind them let off an audible alarm and began to shut. The padawan, who was further down the corridor didn't even try to stop it as it slammed shut and clanked to indicate it has been locked down. Whoever was still alive clearly didn't want them to leave anytime soon...

"Well, that's one way of saying we're being monitored" Silas sighed as he got back to his feet and looked back to Master Noble calmly "We must keep moving, I sense we may be having a welcoming party soon"

Weapon:
Lightsaber

"Most of the life signs seemed to be coming from one of the biggest areas of the ship which is the general mess hall. There are other break away groups, but they'll be on the way up to the bridge."

Valery dipped her head in response and glanced down at the display of her vambrace — what Silas said seemed to be correct, so the path forward was mostly clear to her, "We'll head for the mess hall first. We can pick up the other groups on our way to the bridge," Valery said before she lowered her arm and stepped through the blast door that opened in front of them.

It was right at that moment, when the door slid open, that the first sign of what happened here became visible. The body of a crew member was face down on the cold durasteel floor, left behind by one of the Maw's brutal attackers. Seeing Silas step over to it for a closer look, Valery drew the hilt of one lightsaber into her hand and stood guard just to be safe.

"None of this feels right," she said again with a frown, but she wasn't bothered by the body. It was the strangeness of the situation that was sending shivers down her spine.

Whether it was pure coincidence or not, it felt as if her words triggered something — the doors behind them closed and an alarm went off, signaling to the Jedi that whoever was out there, also knew about their presence. But the experienced Jedi Master didn't panic and looked over to make sure Silas was alright. As expected, he remained calm as well.

"If they have access to door controls, they can determine where we go. We'll keep moving, but if something bad happens, I will get us through these doors or away from here," she said with some determination in her voice. The only real reason she wasn't breaking through large blast doors now was that the state of the ship was too uncertain. The last thing she wanted was for them to get in real trouble through a loss of atmosphere or structural integrity.

"Let's move," she finally added before she followed the path through the ship, wherever it would get them.

Silas, who was being respectful as possible around the body searched around the mans body for anything of use. Nothing other than blood and wound were to be found as Master Noble expressed her concern again. She was right, something about all this wasn't right at all. It was almost like the body was dumped here for them to notice, an attempt to unnerve them when they went deeper into the ship in search of any survivors. More and more he was starting to think there was a higher meaning behind all this.

He looked back to Valery calmly and saw she was as cool as anything. Keeping calm wasn't the problem for them, it was just the matter of picking their doors when it came to it. They had no idea was damaged and led them into the slow death of open space. Until they found some kind of blueprint, it was clear they'd need to follow the open doors and play the game of whoever was behind the controls of the ship.

"We must be certain whatever is behind that door isn't damaged Master. One wrong move and we'll be floating around space for eternity" he remarked before getting to his feet and look down the corridor with uncertainty. Nodding to Valery as she moved forwards, he followed closely behind and made haste further into the ship.

Just as they were moving further down the same corridor the blast doors ahead seemed to close, only leaving the pair with one other possible route. Silas came to a halt near the door and glanced down the corridor to see another body, a crew member who had been totally ravaged and slaughtered by the intruders. The mans body was pinned against the wall by a sharp metallic pipe that had gone through his chest. While on the other hand his body was covered in blood along with his stomach ripped open.

In the distance he could see an arrow made from blood stain the wall, it's marker pointing to the left in the direction of the main mess hall "We are playing a game right now, and unfortunately we have no other choice but to go along with it" he grunted, looking back to Valery with some frustration in his light blue eyes.

"Whoever is still left, they'll still need our help. We cannot allow to butcher them like they have we've these poor souls..."

Weapon:
Lightsaber

"I don't plan on breaking down anything unless I really have to," she assured the young Padawan. To get through these blast doors wouldn't be an issue for her at all, but there was simply too great of a risk. Perhaps if she was alone, she would have been willing to take such chances, but never when Padawans were with her. She had seen too many of them get hurt, too many of them die — never again would she allow that to happen because of her decisions.

"Let's keep moving for now."

The two then continued down the same hallway until another set of blast doors closing forced them in a different direction. It felt like they were trapped in a changing maze, but one where they both knew they were inching closer to something dangerous and evil. This only became more apparent as they found yet another ravaged body, one killed more brutally than even the first one they encountered. It caused Valery to briefly stop and frown, but she quickly nodded to Silas again.

"We'll do what we can to help them but we must be careful. We're of no use to them if we get ourselves hurt or killed," she said, mostly as a warning to not rush into whatever was waiting for them. Not that she believed he would, but it was always good to make sure everybody was on the same page. Valery then tightened the grip on the hilt of her weapon and followed the new path they were given while her senses extended out into the Force.

If something were to happen, she trusted the Force to warn her.

A small sense of relief came over Silas when Master Noble agreed with him. With a damaged ship, you never really knew how bad the damage was eternally until you stepped right into it. They had no other choice but to be careful and play their game in the meantime. The bodies along the way almost seemed to be a way of showing off their cruelty, as well as what they'd do to them when they finally came face to face. Anyone outside of being a jedi would sure crumble just from seeing that alone, Jedi on the other hand were trained from the start to withstand such atrocities. Compared to some Silas had already had experience even before joining the order.

Both warrior moved forward, closer to the shredded man whose eyes were wide open in complete panic. He had been stuck in that state for some time, withheld from finally being at peace. Coming to a halt, he frowned slightly as he moved his hand forward to finally put him to rest. After suffering so much pain, it was the least he could do for him now.

"Be at peace..."

Looking to Valery with a face that showed off the true disgust of their barbarity, he slowly shook his head and began following the blood soaked arrows to where they wanted them to go. More doors shut along the way to make sure they didn't decide to wonder off track, up until they rounded a corner to see the entrance of the mess hall. Inside of it was pitch black, blood trails being led inside by what had been painting the walls of their victims blood.

Silas sniffed the air and coughed slightly from the slick stench of invisible gas filling the corridor from the ventilation shaft. His blue eyes cautiously looked to Master Valery as he stopped in the middle of the hallway and heard the blast door shut behind them "I can sense something ahead master, it isn't what thought it would be either..." he grunted, his hand reaching to the lightsaber in his pocket.

"And the smell, is tha-" before he could even finish a strange sound came from the ventilation shaft at the end of the corridor from where they came, followed by a gulf of fire that rapidly began to set the whole corridor ablaze. The fiery wall of heat rushed them with no let, leaving Silas to snap his eyes open and run towards the dark abyss with urgency.

"Fire!? quickly Master Noble run!"

Last edited:

Weapon:
Lightsaber

The maze of death continued for the two Jedi after they had found a second corpse, and even more doors closed to keep them trapped in the path they wanted for the two Jedi. It was a disturbing fact, but not one they could change anything about just yet. For now, they had to play along with this little game and wait until an opportunity presented itself.

But when it did, Valery was going to be ready to get them out of this mess.

Finally, the two reached what looked like a large mess hall from afar — her Keshian eyes allowed her to faintly see some outlines, and the blood especially stood out, as it retained some of the heat from its original owners. It forced them to stop for a moment again, but that's when they realized something else was going on as well.

"I can smell it as well, we'll have to be-"

She stopped and heard something of a spark ignite the gas behind them. Almost instantly, a massive fireball erupted that began to expand through the hallway, as it sucked in more fuel and oxygen. "Go!" Valery called out alongside Silas, as they began to run for the dark mess hall up ahead. But the fire was spreading rapidly, and the Jedi Master no longer trusted it.

"Keep moving! I'm right behind you!"

Suddenly, Valery stopped right before she reached the dark mess hall and turned her eyes into the fire. She felt its chaotic power and tapped into it so she could manipulate the way it moved and expanded in the area. With her hands raised, Valery stopped the fire from getting close and kept it at bay until she believed it to be safe enough again.

Even before Master Noble's word, he was already running down the corridor beside her with the raging fire hot on their heels. They were swift to make it to the door, but Valery didn't trust the fire by the very least. Just when Silas was through the door she stopped just short and used the force to stop it in his tracks. The master knew fire all too well and knew the destructive capabilities if it got overwhelming, but she didn't seem to take into account a nose from the door.

Silas skidded to a halt inside and turned to see the doors beginning to close, attempting to separate him and his master from each other. Raising his hands Silas gripped the master's body using the force and suddenly pulled her into the darkroom just in time. unintendedly, Valery crashed into him and made Silas fall to his back with a groan.

"Master? are you alright?!" he whispered as he reached down to his saber and ignited it to gain some sort of light. He moved it around until he saw the edge of Valery's boot, a sigh of relief coming from his lips as he got to his feet and looked around him.

Something in the force was off, it was clear within the confines of the darkness someone was watching them "We're not alone in here..." he said with a concerned look to his Master, a paranoid suspicion that would soon come to light.

"Ohhhhhhh Jediiiiiii" an echoed voice said from the dark, forcing him to snap his head in the direction of the source "I'm so happy you have come to join us... why don't we show them what fine work with done? turn on the lights!" with that bright lights above them shot into action, finally bringing them the vision they lacked. Silas could only stare in disbelief as a dozen or so Maw warriors surrounded them in the makeshift mess hall arena. Dry blood and bodies of the crew forced to fight each other scattered the floor in pieces.

All they did was stare at them with fierce intent, their blood soaked bodies showing off the history of their slaughter. Behind them, the blast door was soon blocked off by more enemies, forcing the Jedi to shuffle back to back into the center "I don't like our odds here master..." he said to her openly, bringing a smile to the Maw captain who was taking pleasure in the boy's uncertainty.

"Now, why don't we get our feature fight going?" Slowly, the captain raises his hand in the air and indicates for the warriors to get closer "Fetch me their bodies! the master upstairs wants to take their heads as trophies." he grunted with a lick of his lips before taking out his sharp blade, mixing with the rest of his troops as they grew closer.

"Feth... we need to fight our way through this don't we?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom