Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Objects In Mirror Are Not As They Appear

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
"Really? Well.....being asleep doesn't count. You still look really young. I'm sure that you'll get your fair share of dashing scoundrels lapping at your heels." She smirked and nodded that she was ready. Kay unlocked the door and opened it, already coming face to face with the Captain of her security team. She apologized but let him know that she was fine and that were all heading out to go...somewhere. Kay looked to K'sara. "Where are we going, anyways?"

"The fountain. I will test you there. You know where to meet me." She said and jumped two levels up then proceeded up to the Old temple. Yes her bodyguards would have to deal with her decision after all, she was their boss.

Kay-Larr

Kay and her guards watched as she jumped rather high. They looked to their charge then, and she just shrugged her shoulders. "You heard the lady. We're going to the Temple."

But as she started up the stairs, the Captain took her arm and let her know of the dangers around the Old Temple and that they should go there first and scout it out. "Fine...I'll lag behind. Go ahead, Captain."

Kay knew better than to argue with them. If they didn't get their way, even just a little bit, they wouldn't let her go. They had their orders from her boss. It was a little annoying to say the least, but it was all part and parcel to her job. Maybe if she didn't find trouble so easily, they'd ease off a little bit. All in due time.

About ten minutes after K'sara had arrived at the Temple Fountain, Kay arrived in behind her eight member security team that were already taking their positions and checking the area for hostilities.

The fountain was still not flowing. Which in all was fine. As the security team took their positions, K'sara rose her hand and static flashed out and stunned them. "I apologize for the Stasis Field, but I cannot allow for interference with her training. You will thank me later, captain."

Kay-Larr

Kay just stood there in shock, no pun intended, as her security team collapsed. It wasn't so much about what had happened, so much as it was about how they will react when they wake up. "Oh boy...I'll make it up to them somehow.."

Kay-Larr

She gave a knowing 'ooohhh' sound before removing her satchel and setting it aside. She brought out her lightsaber and ignited it, not entirely eager as she knew that she was sloppy. It had been a while since she has had to fight.

"Try to be fast with your strikes versus being strong with them, you don't need a lot of power when using this weapon." She said and drew her vibroknife and invited her to attack. She wouldn't use force powers unless she was about to hurt Kay.

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded, eyeing the vibroblade as she held her saber with both hands. She thought about what she should do first. Should she strike from up high? Or down low? Or maybe through the middle? So many choices and she was already thinking on it too much! First instincts! Just act!

Kay quickly swung her saber at K'sara's neck on the left side. But two-thirds of the way through the strike, she flicked her wrist and swung her saber in an arch down to the left side of her stomach.

The overly thoughtful Kay left her strategy in the air as the tip of the knife met the energy blade and she pushed the blade to the left and up, then her foot came up and a hard kick aimed at her left thigh flew forward toward Kay. "Do not be nervous about your attacks. Nervous attacks get you killed."

Kay-Larr

Oh! Shaw showed her what to do with a move like that several times. For Kay, it was far easier to defend, rather than attack. So as K'sara's foot came up to her thigh, she let go of her saber with one hand and used that to grab her foot by the ankle. She held onto it as she then brought her saber down on the right side, figuring that it'll be countered, but knowing that it could put K'sara off balance too.

She was familiar with such moves, and when the saber came at her right she caught the female's wrist with her left hand and used the momentum to flip Kay off of her and onto her back. As soon as she was freed she did a back flip to regroup and then clapped. "Not bad. I wasn't expecting something like that. You were foolish to catch my foot, though. Next time, I suggest dodging. You can do more damage with a simple dodge than a grab. Dodge, withdrawal saber, rotate, elbow in solar plexus, kick in gut/chin, Force Push." She gave advice as to the better way to deal with most opponents who kick like that.

Kay-Larr

Kay braced herself for the fall, thereby preventing herself from getting winded on impact. She got to her feet. "Well my husband would normally hack off a limb at that point, but I didn't want to do that. But thank you for the suggestions. Could we try that again?" She held out her hand to hold onto K'sara's foot in an attempt to do the exercise again.

She shook her head. "You've proven you have the ability. You just need the training to master your abilities and reach your true potential. Being a company owner will not bring you to that potential."

Kay-Larr

Kay lowered her hand. She wasn't the company owner, she was more of a second in command. But even then, her co-workers were doing a fantastic job and adjusting to their new positions a lot better than she was. She lowered her saber and turned it off, glancing over at her guards that were still very much knocked out.

"I know that it's...it's an odd job, but if I didn't take it, then I wouldn't of had this opportunity to meet you. And the people that I work with are terrific."

"Do you feel like you truly belong where you are? Or have you wanted to do something else with your life?"

She released the stasis field on the guards and shook her head at them. She was disappointed.

Kay-Larr

She sighed. "I used to be a great negotiator. My husband and I would be a team and we would quell many conflicts together. I thought that this would be a way for me to do that again. But I'm afraid that I've just been attracting trouble, hence the security detail keeping an eye on me..." Kay couldn't help it. Powerful people, whether they were Force Users or not, always crossed her path. Some had good intentions, while others had bad.

She held out her hand and smiled as the guards woke up. "Kay, I offer you the opportunity to return to being a Jedi, whether we are a separate band of Jedi that is called upon for back up, or Jedi on the front line's saving each of the Orders. I offer you the ability to become what you were meant to become. A Jedi Sentinel. I am following the path of a Consular. Will you accept this opportunity? Your Detail may even get a job outside of that company. Good products... just some of the leaders are very questionable."

Kay-Larr

Of course Kay was hesitant. Too many things running through her mind. Of course she wanted more training and to be there to help save the Galaxy from groups like the Hutts and the Jackals. She hadn't run into any of the Sith, so it was hard to say what they were up to, but the militarization of the Galaxy was becoming too great to be sustainable. However the titles that K'sara gave were new to her, or perhaps just forgotten.

"I would, though I'm not quite sure what a Sentinel does. And I would have to speak with my boss and co-workers. I don't want to leave them on bad terms."

"The Jedi Sentinel is the pinnacle of the Jedi Order." K'sara started. "They are not only skilled in combat, but are highly knowledgeable, and can be very effective in negotiations. Their control over the Force is much stronger than that of the Guardian, who specializes in swordplay."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom