Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Objects In Mirror Are Not As They Appear

Coruscant. While it wasn't her ideal vacation spot, it seemed like a good place to lay low. There was a lot of life on the planet, both light and dark forces were swelling there. allowing her to easily mask her presence from any unwanted attention. She dressed accordingly, allowing herself to blend in with the crowd. However, the energy seemed to be a little different. K'sara noticed that everything seemed to be a bit heavier... the air, the energy, the life.... What she needed was a moment to kick back and relax. She had her pilot suit donned, and her helmet strapped to her hip. Her lightsaber was also different, she had replaced the Qixoni with a Krayt Dragon Pearl, one of her prized memories.

She had finally had enough of the running around and the physical labor, and sat down in a local restaurant and ordered a special and a glass of Tarisian ale. She hadn't been a heavy drinker however, and once she finished the first cup, she was half drunk, and asking for another. A few patrons seemed to be concerned, especially since, well, she was a Twi'lek, and they normally were a bit crazy when intoxicated.

"I'm s---so tired of be---being stuck with my job.... so I quit." K'sara said with a very drunk voice, talking to herself, but perhaps someone would answer her.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
@K'sara Korr

Oh it had been over six years since Kay was on Coruscant. She had first left the planet having lost everything, her family, her friends and her reputation. But now she returns as a COO of a company with a security detail ( http://starwarsrp.net/topic/60139-darksteel-dragons/) following her around. But no matter. It was time to see how things had changed or stayed the same in all that time.

It was hard to say at the moment. She was seated at a small table with her team keeping guard throughout, and was sipping her tea. A pilot lady had entered, and it wasn't long before the lady appeared to be drunk. That was a cause for concern.

Kay got to her feet, tea cup in hand and satchel over her shoulder, as she headed over to K'sara's table and stopped in front of her. "Excuse me? May I join you?" She didn't want the lady to be doing any flying while in that state. It was as dangerous for the pilot as it was for others.

K'sara looks at the lovely young female that decided to grace her side. A minor blush played on her face, and it was hard to decipher whether or not she had blushed at the question, or if it was from the ale. "Go ahead darling, join in the fun. Let us drink to our fallen heroes, and to our brave warriors, and to our new beginnings. Let us drink to celebrate our new friendship, and let us drink to our fortune that we may have this moment together." This was a side of her that she didn't like coming out... it was too cheery and annoying to her. Yet, she allowed it to because she needed a spiked beverage.

She reached out a little and allowed her Force powers to activate and move a chair behind her new companion, letting her take a seat if she wished. "So tell me, dear, what made you come visit little old me?" By old, she meant it. In her time that she was frozen, she survived over 800 years.. It didn't show, however, and it was obvious that she aged well due to the fact she looked about 23 years old. She made Yoda look like a raisin, in appearance.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

@K'sara Korr

Kay smiled at her toast, though she saw the blushing and pretty much figured that the lady had had enough to drink already. "I'll drink to that." She clanked the lady's mug with her tea cup, no doubt it would give off a funny sound, before having a sip of her tea.

She then raised a brow as the chair moved on it's own, but sat down on it anyways. In the past 5 years, she hadn't run into many Force users, let alone one that uses their skills so openly. Mostly she's ran into Pirates, Hutts and Military types.

"Well, I thought that given that we were both sitting alone, we could each use some company." Kay's bodyguards were not the greatest at holding conversations with. She was their charge and they had a job to do, so socializing with them was out of the question. "My name is Kay. What's yours?" She left out her title and everything else as she was just dressed in her simple yet comfortable merchant dress. Outside of her security detail, she considered herself to be off duty.

"My name is K'sara, nice meeting you... Say, your voice... I feel like I have heard it around before. ArmaTech? I bought things from that company many times, I use their equipment with my ship." She wasn't afraid of being familiar with someone's voice and speaking up about it. She wouldn't bother doing anything stupid either. "So what are you doing in this area? This isn't the most---" She stopped as she got hit with her sense activating and she sensed Kay's signature. "I would like to talk with you more in private, away from everyone. It is a sensitive subject that I would rather not have outsiders hear."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded and smiled, though she kept her voice low. "Yes, I'm the new COO, hence my bodyguards, which I'm sure you've noticed." She had not yet discovered that K'sara is visually impaired to put it politely.

And as she was about to answer on why she was here, K'sara's mood had changed. It almost felt a little urgent. "I will see what I can arrange. Excuse me for a moment." She got to her feet and walked over to the bar, speaking with one of the servers. Places like this always had private rooms for VIP clients, and given her position, she counted herself as one of those.

Moments later Kay returned to the table, having also cleared it with her security detail. The Captain had insisted on being there, but she insisted that he just be on the other side of the door. It might be foolish, but she didn't feel as though anything untoward would happen. Of course she's been wrong before, but it would only take a second for her security to react.

"A room is ready for us." Kay led the way, wondering what could be so urgent to ask for privacy. It could be the drink, who knows? She didn't want to speculate.

The blind female half Twi'lek fumbled a little to pay her tab. "I'm so done with being blind.... I can't stand feeling useless with simple tasks like this." She looked and turned her self around and made her way after Kay's force signature, eventually getting to a stairwell. She was rather slow at going down the stairs and then proceeded toward the room. Once they got inside, K'sara slammed the door and locked it, placing a barrier up that would allow them to not be heard. "Anyway... What I wanted to talk to you about.... You are a force sensitive...."

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow as K'sara took her time a bit. She must really be tipsy. But once they were inside the room and she had locked the door behind them, Kay changed her perception of the woman. There was far more than meets the eye in regards to her.

"...Yes, I am. Though I don't like to spread that around. I've been around a lot of people lately that don't trust Force users." So she's kept her use of it to a bare minimum. A way of hiding in plain sight.

"How would you like to learn how to harness the Force. To protect your company, your co-workers, those you love?" She paced a little bit. Then she pulled out her lightsaber and revealed it's silver beam, then shut it off. "Take my lightsaber and ignite it, if you wish to have the ability to protect many, and have the strength to know that what you do will be for the greater good... that you will be able to help shape the galaxy for good."

This was a simple test. A test that would decipher if this one was meant to be her Padawan... her student.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

This was not what she was expecting. Not in the slightest. It was now obvious that K'sara had no idea who she was or about her past. As she ignited her blade, Kay reached into her satchel and took out her own. The hilt was brass in colour, yet she did not ignite it just yet. As always, she hesitates when doing so.

"I have my own, given to me as a gift. But I've rarely needed to use it. It always stays hidden, but just in reach. I also have some skill in the Force, but mostly in healing. And with the influx of lightsaber resistant armour being bought and sold throughout the Galaxy, I don't think that my co-workers need protection by me. But I am glad for their protection all the same."

Not wanting to seem as though she was turning down her offer, Kay spoke up again. "What could you teach me?"

It would seem as if K'sara was ignoring her. She placed herself on the floor with crossed legs, and closed her eyes, Meditating. The energy of the room would change, and Kay would probably feel herself become more cheerful and confident. More motivated to fix things. "Battle Meditation is one of many abilities at my disposal. Where did you get that lightsaber?"

Kay-Larr

Kay blinked as the atmosphere seem different. But not in a bad way. She knelt down nearby. "Battle meditation? Most of the time if I ever am in a situation where I have to fight, I don't have time to meditate on it first as those situations pop up instantly when I least expect it."

She looked down at her lightsaber. "My late husband built it for me. It's the only thing of his that I have."

"Do you know how to use it?" She was very straight forward. "Show me... Attack me, and allow me to test your skill. Battle meditation is used to fuel your allies and give them the "ability" to turn the tide of a battle. Maybe you've heard of Bastila Shan."

Kay-Larr

Kay shook her head. "No...no, I haven't." And she wasn't quite comfortable with attacking her either, but something told her that it would be okay. She stared at the hilt of her lightsaber. Why, if her late husband was here, he'd probably steal K'sara's saber from her grasp with the Force and then put both sabers around her neck like a pair of scissors. He was always good with that move. Kay on the other hand was not. It had been five years since she last fought with her saber and even then it was against a foe that was unstoppable. She was so badly beaten up that she nearly died, her husband took the fall for her instead.

Kay got to her feet and ignited her light blue blade, swinging it low and to K'sara's left side, figuring that as with most people, it would be her weakest side.

K'sara would smile and ignite the bottom of her saberstaff hilt, blocking the blow and then used Grip on Kay's lightsaber, and deactivated it. "Not bad... Your form is sloppy, but you seem to have some basic fundamentals." In truth, had her husband tried to steal the lightsaber away he probably would have gotten met with Grip and Push, causing him to be choke slammed into a wall. That was beside the point. "Would you like to be trained to be a Jedi?"

Kay-Larr

Kay was shocked her her blade shut off. No one had ever done that before. That was certainly a new trick. "I did spend some time at the Academy. It's where I learned my healing skills and the art of diplomacy. That is until I was no longer welcome..." That was the easiest way to put it.

Kay-Larr

Kay sat, tracing her finger on the hilt of her saber. "Because I got involved with a Darksider. Him and I were a great team and we helped to prevent a bunch of wars, both of us speaking for each side. And then we got married, which was the final straw. They exiled me after that." Of course that wasn't the only reason. She had influence over others, got them to see her way and work for her cause, without her even knowing that she was doing it. Powerful people were drawn to her, Force users or not, hence in such a short time she had gained such a high position of employment.

"If your love was true.. I see no issue with you being in love. Love is not an evil thing, it does not turn people to the darkside... the pain of losing love turns people. I wouldn't cast you out of my training no matter who you fell in love with. Believe it or not... I fell in love with my old master.... the master that I walked away from recently. He's married... and I didn't want to eventually come in between... I guess I wasn't as heartless as a sith should be." She shrugged. "Love in its purest form can be a bond that makes the Force look weak in comparison. Why do you think some masters and apprentices are so well matched? A lot of them grow a kind of love for each other."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom