Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Objects In Mirror Are Not As They Appear

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
"I'm a healer as well, and very good at it too. It's a good way to get two sides talking and show that I mean no harm." Of course Kay didn't like to fight. She always kept it as a last resort. She glanced at her guards as they were slightly confused with what happened and not liking it very much either.

"You, males." K'sara said with a soft smile. "How would you like to continue serving Kay and receiving better training than any mere military organization?" She asked the security detail, thinking of having them train to become Rangers.

Kay-Larr

Kay interjected. "I think we should let my boss choose what they are to do. He employs them and pays them, afterall." She chewed the inside of her cheek as she didn't want to get anyone into trouble.

K'sara shook her head. "It is their choices as to whether or not they follow you or stay with ArmaTech. They shouldn't need permission to resign, and if they do, I will help them."

Kay-Larr

"With all due respect, I don't think that we can pay their wages...." She had to bring them back and didn't want to get into trouble for stealing. She had her own plan for things, she just had to implement it.

"Have you asked them what they want? Hey security detail, would you protect Kay no matter what? Sure, you'll get paid, but is money really an object when it comes down to her safety?"

Kay-Larr

Kay scratched an itch on the back of her neck as she was getting a tad nervous. K'sara was stubborn, yet so was she. "I don't know where this money would come from as I'll be giving back my salary, ship and everything. Please let me settle my affairs in my own way. I'm not important to my security team. I am just a job to them, and I'm sure that they find me annoying at times..."

K'sara only sighed and walked passed the female. "You seem to be quite troublesome. Will you consider the feelings of your men, your soldiers that could have said 'forget it', yet they stuck around keeping you safe? I doubt it is for the money. In fact I can tell by gazing into the hearts of these men. A few of them genuinely care about your wellbeing, the others just flat out don't want you to get hurt. Even though they don't talk much, you have become family to them."

Kay-Larr

She raised a brow as K'sara spoke and walked past her. "How can you know this?" Kay looked to her security team for a moment before looking back to K'sara. "They have only been with me for a couple of weeks. Not nearly enough time for them to..."

She cut herself off. This was getting more and more complicated. Surely it was impossible that her security even liked following her around?

Kay-Larr

Mortal heart? Kay was mortal herself. But she wasn't trying to create a Force bond with her security. She stared at them, looking for some kind of sign of what K'sara was saying. But their military training didn't allow them to reveal any emotion.

"If any of them want to stay, then I suppose they can. But they'll probably have to give back their armour and weapons."

Kay-Larr

She chewed the inside of her cheek. "Couldn't I just let them go and get there things from our main compound if any of them decide to come back?" This brought her a lot of hesitation and she just wasn't sure how her old co-workers would react.

Kay-Larr

Kay blinked. She hadn't thought of that. Draco wouldn't send them after her, would he? But then she didn't think that she could kill them even if they did come after her. Maybe she'd knock them out so that she'd have time to escape, but kill them? No. She walked over to her security detail. "I may not have the authority, but I relieve you of your duties in protecting me. You can go back to ArmaTech and get reassigned or...whatever you'd like to do." She glanced over at K'sara before looking back to them. "I'll be here for a little while if any of you wish to return, otherwise, thank you for your service." She bowed her head to them before stepping away to let them go.

K'sara was continuing toward her fighter, a two-seater. "Let me know when you're ready to be my student, let me know when all is done." She said as she threw back a comlink that would be a direct contact to her.

Kay-Larr

Kay caught the comlink and nodded. She had things to do.

A few days later, Kay returned to the fountain. She had resigned her position at ArmaTech and was now free to do what she wished. So earlier in the day she had sent a message to K'sara to come and meet her.

Kay was alone, but packed with everything that she needed, all safe within her satchel. It was going to be hard, yet there was plenty that she needed to learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom