Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not Really New -- More of a Return.

Right.

As the title states I'm not exactly new to the Board/Forum. I used to write somewhat frequently back when I initially joined up and now that I've been gone a couple of years and finally found my way back to Chaos; well, it's a lot. I am returning because over the last few months I've been searching for a creative outlet and I remembered a great deal of fond memories that I found while on the Board prior to my - abrupt and unannounced - departure.

While I understand that this is a creative outlet and not so much of a make-or-break kind of place, I do want to apologize to those that I left without a word of explanation or any such form of communication as simple as to let you know what was going on and why I was leaving. I do hope that I can find forgiveness in those that were participating in the stories that we were creating together --- assuming that said writers are still around.

In any case, It's going to take me a while to gather my bearings once again and to attempt to explain (ICly) the absence of Mani throughout the last couple of years that I have been away. Seems like fun sort of thing for me to explore in any case -- and I'm sure that the Galaxy itself has seen the rise and fall of many factions since my departure; or perhaps - Force Willing - the galaxy is experiencing a time of relative peace and stability and many factions are thriving and growing.

In any event, I just wanted to make myself known once more and apologize to those that I had involved myself with from a creative stand point and just dropped so swiftly.

Thanks and I hope to see many faces out in the Galaxy once I find my way again!

~ Mani.

[member="Máni"] - Hey, I remember you!

Welcome back! I was Valae Kitra, back in the day. I'd be happy to help out, if you need. I'm an admin for the Silver Jedi faction now (under a different character), as Val is retired on Midvinter now :)

[member="Valae Heavenshield"]

Actually, that would be great. I had been thinking about rejoining under the Silver again as it was my first faction anyway, and it was just an added bonus that I had recalled fond memories of stories that I came up with and participated in whilst a member under them. Perhaps I could request and update on the faction as I am a bit rusty on how to move around the board at the moment. I found the factions page and indeed found the page for the Silver's themselves, just not quite sure where to go in terms of looking for updates and whatnot.

Feel free to reply via PM if you should so choose to do so.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

At the moment, no. I'm currently just feeling out different avenues of reintroducing myself to the board ICly. I'm somewhat -- loosely -- a stickler for things making sense IC for my absences and whatnot so currently it's just exploring updates and whatnot and trying to figure out where to start and what would be the best option to explain the disappearance. I'm currently thinking that perhaps I'll start over completely fresh -- have him start back on Midvinter completely unaware that he was once a player on the galactic chessboard. Just have him go through and relearn everything that he knew before; even though I've forgotten myself. Apparently, I didn't keep a chart of what skills he knew and didn't know.

So, a fresh start is seeming the more appealing option at the moment. Keeping the basics of who he is, but rewriting his story from a fresh standpoint while keeping his actual history in tact. If that makes sense?

[member="Joza Perl"]

To be perfectly honest, I'm flattered that even two people remember me. :D

[member="Noah Corek"]

I feel like I should know you... :huh:

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

I actually searched for you when I came back! You and Thurion helped me quite a bit there in the beginning and I was slightly worried that you weren't around anymore -- though I saw Thurion still around. I'm glad to know otherwise!
And, I'm certainly glad to be back!

[member="Noah Corek"]

From what I can recall, which is not very much in terms of what Mani was a part of, I believe that I was only ever a member of two factions -- The Galactic Alliance and the Silver Jedi Order.

[member="Máni"]

Heya! The SJO is still around and an amazing faction! Good people there.

However, I love helping create stories and characters and the like. It's perhaps my favorite thing to do here. So! if you need any help figuring out threads, character ideas, or story arcs and the like, or just have any questions at all, please, feel free to let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom