Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Nordel Troopers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoden Moz

Lady Mischief of Nordel

DXMD_Screenshot_2016_07_18_PREVIEW_ONLINE-43_05_1467710882.07.2016.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To provide Commenor, more specifically the nation of Nordel, the standard for their infantry and riot police.
  • Image Credit: Here
  • Role: Nordel Military Infantry / Police Riot Squads
  • Links: Commenor, "Lady" Shoden Moz
  • Permissions:
    gsqKqR2.png
    fgafxc6.png

GENERAL INFORMATION

COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Availability: Uncommon
  • Deployment: Mass
  • Strengths:
    + Strength in Numbers:
    The Nordel infantry, due to their relatively simple armor and intrinsic connection to the police force, are able to amass a sizable number of troops for a nation of their size. Further, should a draft be issued, the simple armor reduces the necessary time to train troops in operations.
    + Cooperative Tactics: As a partially devoted riot force, the troopers are trained to work almost like one significant being. While this doesn't extend to battlefield scale, the focus on teamwork allows the troops to work almost without question towards a goal, together.
    + Urban Tactics: As riot officers, the Troopers are trained to work within city limits. This means they are most at home in urban settings, rather than flat open fields.
    + Unconventional Tactics: Due to their use of non-standard weapons, namely spears and energy shields, in addition to the weaponry expected out of soldiers, Nordel troops are known to preform either archaic tactics or other non-conventional strategies to compensate for their lower numbers, comparatively, to more substantial planetary sized or interstellar sized armies.
  • Weaknesses:
    - Technology:
    Due to a reliance on relatively simple and easily standardized weapons and armor, the greater segment of the army suffers significantly in terms of technological capabilities. While this might be seen as a strength against, say, EMP's, it does mean other armies are more likely to be technologically superior than they are.
    - Split resources: As integrated into policing as they are, most of Nordel's military supplies have sizable amounts set aside for non military uses, such as riot control. This does pool the resource of credits, but means it takes some additional time to fully kit the entire army in sudden times of need, as well as spread their weapons and armor thinner than more professional, separated armies.
    - Open Fields: An open field is this armies worst nightmare. Nowhere to hide for surprises, no way to form a sufficiently long shield wall to hold off enemies, and plenty of opportunity to use armor divisions against them. These people have two blasters at most, a shield, and a spear. Not what you want when you're facing ten thousand troops without additional cover.
    - Inexperienced at War: The Nordel Troopers are capable at fighting, solid force capable of handling situations well and fighting together. But, they are not universally career soldiers, nor are many of them veterans. Most are police officers in the reserves, reserve troops who have never fought in a war, or otherwise lacking that experience of a soldier. Peace is good for the country, but in this galaxy it puts them at a disadvantage against more experienced troops.
  • Description:

The Nordel Troopers. The rank and file of Nordel's military forces. Traditionally these forces were kept low, as one of the nations of Commenor they cooperated to keep the trade world functional, and as other nations had more sizable populations or standing armies of their own, Nordel had little need for a sizable army, let alone standing army. However, come the siege of Chasin City, a shock had been sent to the nation. Spared great destruction, the nation felt that they were spared much suffering due to their forces being smaller than the others, resulting in more of Nordel being free to rebel in due time. Nordel played a part in the rebellion of Commenor, though they lacked much of the excitement Chasin had. The fact that Nordel was spared, relatively speaking, is something of a national shame, and the Troopers were determined to be a force of pride to counteract that shame.

Thus, they focused on returning to full power, and even growing in size overall by integrating police systems and funding into one mutual resource pool. Together, with the increased national fervor and funding, the force was able to be standardized, of somewhat low tech and lacking in much regarding advanced systems, and the standing army of Nordel became able to theoretically compete with any one nation of Commenor. However, the army, for all its scale, was still a single nation, on a single planet. A large planet and nation, but one nation all the same.

Still this shouldn't be a problem, as they didn't plan on trying to fight any one nation, planet, or empire. The Nordel Troopers are meant to be a portion of the planet's joint military, a simple segment. Nordel Troopers were trained to fight defensively, to protect Commenori cities, Nordel Cities, from invading forces. To contain riots after sporting events, and hold the line should need be. Not a conquering force. Thus why all reserve troops, a significant portion of the Troopers as a whole, train one weekend a standard month to maintain skills, with the standing army (falsely) counted as both the military members and police... most of whom were enlisted not unlike those in the reserves.

Since the Siege, the Nordel Troopers has swelled to record highs, since their union with other nations, a symbol of their determination to never again hide behind their fellow Commenori and allow them to take the fall.

[member="Scherezade deWinter"] | [member="Shoden Moz"]

For the most part this is okay, but I have a single thing that needs addressing-

Availability: Common
You have the common availability for your unit, but the Nordel Model P-02 Riot Gear is a minor produced submission. So you will either need to lower your availability by one, or remove the riot gear. Let me know which way you want to go and tag me when you are done. I will review it after that again.

Shoden Moz

Lady Mischief of Nordel
Oh boy, lets hope i get this tagging right on my phone.

My main concern is just, making this subunsuitable for the what its meant to be. So just for that sake i wanna make sure: you're suggesting to nock availability up to uncommon, but keep deployment as is? And that would still keep the sub as what it's meant to be?

Sorry for the questioning. Just, not quite used to unit subs in general.

[member="Jairus Starvald"]

[member="Shoden Moz"]

Correct.

Availability basically describes how big the unit is. Deployment describes how many of these are used at the same time.

So with an uncommon availability, these guys won't be patrolling everywhere all the time, but they will still have a sizeable presence. Mass deployment will mean that the unit deploys in large (for them) numbers at once.

I understand if this is a bit confusing, so I hope this helps. We will be revamping the Codex soon and one of the things will be better clarification for stuff like this.

Shoden Moz

Lady Mischief of Nordel
Ah! Well that should be just fine then. Seems i just mentally applied context the wrong way on the template then. Perfectly clears the air up as far as im concerned.

Changes made good sir!

[member="Jairus Starvald"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom