Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Noble Adventures

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

After the Elder stepped away, Valery turned to Kahlil and noticed the more sheepish smile piercing through the more serious expression he had during this discussion. "It... caught me by surprise a little to see you like that," she said, and it was easy enough for him to tell that there was something deeper about her discomfort with it.

"But I understand now, so it's okay." She pushed herself up and pressed a quick kiss against his lips, hoping that it would help them move on to the important things. Of course, Vera made a face because of her parents kissing, but Valery didn't seem to notice this time. She was too focused on Kahlil for a moment. "You handled it really well too. I'm proud," she smirked and reached for his hand to squeeze it.

"Just... don't ever feel like this is a burden to carry alone. I will help you and I know someone who can really help you find these people a new home. He's also one of the few friends I trust to look after Vera, so it's good for you to meet him either way." It would be a little strange if Kahlil had to just accept someone he didn't know at all was babysitting his daughter, after all.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I wanted to make a statement that couldn't be seen any other way." Though by how she was feeling, there was something for them to talk about with it. He watched her for a moment, even as she leaned up to steal a kiss. At least for a little bit. He squeezed her hand in turn before glancing down towards Vera with a much kinder smile. Together they could do just about anything. With Vera, even more.

"Well, little star, is there anything you'd like to do?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"You did," Valery said as she looked up into his eyes with a loving smile, but one that didn't immediately hide her earlier feelings. Because of that, she didn't really need their bond to notice the way he was looking at her either. It was a topic they'd have to discuss another time when Vera wasn't around. Right now, though?

Valery turned to their daughter as Kahlil did the same and eagerly waited for her answer. But Vera just stood there, seemingly frozen for a few seconds before she pouted.

"Daddy, someone followed us here," she said before she pointed up at the sky, only a few seconds before a light freighter jumped from Hyperspace and pierced through the atmosphere and clouds above the encampment. Its loud engines roared and drew many more eyes up, but nobody had any idea what was coming.

Only the Jedi would feel incredible tension in the Force.

"I have a very bad feeling about this."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Someone followed them?

His gaze lifted up towards the ship as it emerged. And immediately he frowned. His gaze shifted to Valery for a moment, then back to Vera. He had just as bad of a feeling as they did. And if they were the ones being followed..

"Come. We'll leave the camp. If they're here to make a problem, it'd be best we don't stay. They've been through enough here."

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"But what if they just used us to get to-" Valery stopped as the deafening sound of a torpedo being fired interrupted her. She turned and watched with widened eyes as the projectile dropped down from the sky and came towards the village. It was too fast to be stopped, so instinctively, Valery went down on her knees and shielded Vera with her own body.

The explosion, while distant, still created a shockwave that the Nobles could feel. But it wasn't nearly as overwhelming as the pain and misery of those hit by the attack.

"Babe! We have take it down!" She exclaimed while Vera covered her ears and latched onto her mother in fear for her life. To feel her daughter's fear again like this was difficult, but they both had to push themselves through and stop the attackers before more lives were lost.

Meanwhile, the light freighter was already coming back around, likely to fire another torpedo into the encampment.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil was gone. The Force gave him a vision, of danger. Of death. Valery had Vera. He ran to protect the others. Didn't just run. A flash of white formed over him as he pulled on the Force, crafted his runes. And jumped. It was little more than an imitation of Dathomir teleportation, but it was enough to have him blitz across the whole town towards where the torpedo was going to land.

One more rune flashed. Around him, around the Epicanthix there. He stood in the center as those runes of protection flashed bright, over each person. As the bomb went off, he couldn't do anything about the structures. But he could protect the people. As the cloud cleared he stood tall. The camp was ruined, blackened and destroyed. But the people within weren't.

<Take it down. I'll keep the people safe.>

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I've got you, sweetie," Valery said with a calm, reassuring voice in an attempt to keep Vera calm as well. Her daughter's hands were gripping into her clothing tightly and she could feel that Vera was afraid, but with each passing second, that fear was slowly starting to fade. Her father had just done the impossible and saved a lot of people from the explosion, and in her mother's embrace, she always felt safe.

She knew it was going to be alright.

With Kahlil calling for Valery to bring down the ship, she gently pulled away from Vera, got back up to her feet and raised a hand up towards the sky. Immediately, her whole body tensed as her grip extended to take hold of the light freighter. Its metal hull screamed under immense pressure and in a desperate attempt to free itself, another torpedo was fired.

This time targeting Valery and the encampment directly around her.

But knowing that Kahlil would be her shield, she kept her focus on pulling down the ship. It caused so much stress that her feet were starting to slide and her muscles were all tensed up. Noticing this, Vera rushed over and placed both hands against her mother's leg to keep her steady.

She wanted to help.

"Come on..." Valery gritted her teeth and with a final pull, she slammed the ship against the ground in the distance. A smoke plume began to rise from the engines that had burned out, but the people inside were not harmed, and slowly moved out of their broken ship to head towards the camp. They wanted to finish what they had started.

Kahlil_Div2.png

This time Kahlil was more prepared. He didn't move from where he was. He didn't have to. The Dyad let him be by her side. He raised a hand up, his gaze focusing on the missile itself. Gravity bent and pulled, and it froze. It's engine still went at full force, but it could no longer move. And a second later, it detonated in the sky. He lowered his hand to turn his gaze towards the falling ship.

They didn't know what they prodded, did they?

Around Valery the Epicanthix moved. Children were ushered to safety, but men and women of all other ages were already armed. Blasters, blades. Focused and ready. They moved like any soldier, securing the camp itself before holding position to wait for the raiders to try and come.

They weren't going to survive this attack. Kahlil rushed back to Valery and Vera in the meantime, crouching down to gently pat the top of Vera's head.

"You okay, little star?"

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

After bringing down the ship, Valery lowered her arm and grinned a little before she glanced down at Vera. The little Noble looked at her with big eyes and began to tug on her leg, "That was awesome, mommy! You and daddy just went... boom!" she raised her little arms along with the sound she made and smiled.

Valery just chuckled and turned to Kahlil as he rushed back over. There hadn't been a second of doubt about his ability to shield his family while they took down the ship, but she still dipped her head to quietly thank him.

"I'm okay! You were so cool, daddy!" Vera said with a little hop. "He really was, hm?" Valery smirked and patted her head as well before looking over her shoulder. The sound of blaster fire already reached them from the distance — the Epicanthix were not giving those mercenaries any time to plan their attack.

"Do you want to go help them? Or feel it's better we leave this to them?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Seeing Vera so excited was both heartwarming and saddening. For violence to be so normal for her wasn't something he wanted. And yet, who they were, their life together. Their heritage as Epicanthix, it was to be expected. He turned his gaze to the distance, slowly standing back up. Pulling the hilt of his lightsaber from his waist. "They don't need us to save them as Jedi. But as Epicanthix, we should always fight alongside our people, right?"

He grinned down towards Vera.

"We won't let anyone here die. Just you watch."

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

The second Kahlil began to draw his lightsaber from his belt, both mother and daughter began to simultaneously grin. They knew exactly what it meant, and neither of them disagreed with the idea either. "I might not have Epicanthix blood, but I'm a Noble," Valery said with a playful, smug grin in her husband's direction.

"Let's finish this together."

Vera, however, wasn't going to just sit still and do nothing. She stepped forward, tall and strong like her parents, "I'm going to make sure the others are okay." She pointed to where the other children were staying. "I can help them." Vera didn't know if they'd be scared or calm, but she was going to tell them that it would be alright.

Then, like mom and dad, she drew the hilt of her training lightsaber into her hand. "There is no.. uh... emotion. There is peace!" She nodded and quickly hopped her way over to the tents to do what a Jedi should do. Valery watched it all happen with a proud smile and looked at Kahlil.

"Just like her father." Valery winked and turned to where the Epicanthix were fighting. "I sense they could use assistance on the right flank. Maybe you can pin them down and I can advance?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil raised a brow as he watched Vera.

It seemed practically every moment he was more and more surprised by just how much she seemed to have grown. He smiled softly, but turned his gaze towards Valery to give her a nod. Vera was safe here. Together they'd help the others. He gave her a nod as he rushed off towards the flank she suggested. Just enough to get into view and raise a hand. The Force shifted, and gravity itself increased. At once the mercenaries trying to rush the flank found themselves collapsing under the immense pressure of his will.

Immobilized at once, they wouldn't stand a chance.

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

With every last mercenary pinned down by heightened gravity, Valery moved between them like a lightning bolt. Each time she passed one of them, she either disarmed them or knocked them out if Gravity hadn't already done that for them. She was deliberately not taking lives, even though the Epicanthix did not offer them that same kind of mercy.

But she had her reason for it.

Once the last one was on the ground and unable to keep fighting, Valery stopped and positioned herself between the mercenaries and the Epicanthix citizens. "We should not kill these people. It's very likely that they don't work alone, or that some higher power is behind this attack. It's only through them that we can get to the source."

Valery then glanced at Kahlil, hoping to gain his support as well.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil could only raise a brow as Valery stood between the Epicanthix and those she'd defeated. None of the Epicanthix there looked like they were willing to strike any of them down. Mercy was the truest sign of strength to them. He stepped forward, gently patting her shoulder.

"They know, love."

They already started to tie up the prisoners now, gathering them up as needed. Disarming them. Collecting their weapons. "They've got this."

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"They know, love."

"Oh..." she looked a little embarrassed and turned to face Kahlil so she could hide her face from the Epicanthix for a moment. Looking up at him, though, she could only smile again. He felt happy about how everything had gone today, and in turn, that made her brighten up as well. She wanted nothing more than for him to feel this way.

"Alright, I'll just leave it to them, then," Valery said before drawing in a deep breath.

"You think we should pick up Vera and head back for now? Let them figure a few things out while we contact someone to help find them a new home?"

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery's posture straightened at the patting of her head, but she rather quickly lowered her gaze and smiled at his touch. Every loving gesture he made could easily get her to faintly blush, and they never failed to make her smile either. So to embrace the moment for just a selfish few seconds, she brought her hand up and held it over his while it settled against her head.

"You know... I'm really glad that we came here. You make me really proud and Vera... I haven't seen her this happy since..." she didn't want to say it and smiled. "This is a good cause and one that we're going to focus on a lot more together." She brought her hand down to take his and hold it in front of her lap.

"Let's go get Vera, and I'll already contact Alicio Organa Alicio Organa on the way back home. He's one of my best friends, so it'll be good for you to meet him for several reasons."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom