Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Noble Adventures

azgywTW.jpg

The Bastion
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Have... you ever seen her this serious before?" Valery blinked and looked at Vera, who had been awfully quiet and glued to the viewscreen ever since they dropped from Hyperspace and began their descent down towards the small Epicanthix colony. She was wearing the cute initiate robes her mother had gotten her, even had a training lightsaber clipped to her belt, and she looked dead serious about this mission.

I have to do good, she reminded herself, over and over again. From her perspective, this was her first 'mission' as Jedi together with both mom and dad, and she wanted nothing more than their approval. They were going to train, they were going to learn about the Epicanthix, and she was going to do her best to make her parents proud.

"Vera?"

"Hm?" Vera suddenly snapped out of it, turned around, and bounced on her feet with a grin.

"Everything alright, little star?"

"Mm-hm! I'm excited!" She was back to her usual energetic self and hopped her way over to her father, who was just about to take the ship down to the surface. Valery had contacted the little settlement prior to this journey to make sure they were welcomed. Luckily, they were quite happy to receive the Nobles, and Valery had promised to bring some supplies along as well. She figured they could use them in these difficult times.

"Alright love, I think we can head outside and meet some of the people first? Then we can get into some training and you can teach Vera and me everything about Epicanthix martial arts and whatever else you want to show."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I haven't been back for that long. If this is new to you, it certainly is new." All of this was new. Seeing her in a Jedi robe was certainly a surprise. And very.. It was a weird feeling for Kahlil. Proud, concerned, perhaps a bit panicked. It was going to be a chore to balance being her father and being a Jedi, that much was obvious. He let out a sigh as he gave Valery a weary smile. He was both looking forward and dreading it all.

"I'll show you what I can, for sure. But we're here mostly to help the refugees. Remember that. Learn as we go, watch the people. Our people. Okay?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

She couldn't just see the weary smile, but she felt the mix of emotions through their bond as well. They mirrored her own — Vera becoming a Jedi was a scary thought. Not because she didn't trust her little star, but because she knew how dangerous the Galaxy was, and a lot of people would want to harm her just because of who her parents are. It wasn't an easy thing to accept for a mother and father, especially not Jedi parents.

"She's growing up pretty fast," Valery said with a nod. "But don't worry too much. She's very strong for her age, and I don't mean physically. She has been through a lot but is still just herself and happy." Valery smiled lovingly at her daughter before turning back to Kahlil.

"Of course. I got the supplies ready on the hover table, so it'll be easy to move it all out." With that, she walked off to the back, and Vera was quick to follow. Although now that they were close to meeting the Epicanthix her father referred to as our people, she began to show a few signs of nervousness. She hid behind her parents and just watched as the ramp lowered, and a whole group of people could be seen outside, waiting.

They had already been given new clothing and simple sheds or tents with heating to sleep in, but they were clearly still roughened up from what happened. Deep inside, especially.

"Masters Noble, welcome to our sanctuary," one Epicanthix man said. He stood about 8 feet tall, so both Valery and Vera especially were forced to look up. He wasn't the only one that tall either, so it was easy enough to tell that they had found the right people. "And for the supplies you so kindly offered. We will help bring them off your ship so we can distribute them among our people. It may take some time, so please, feel free to look around and assist however you like." He was clearly quite happy with what he'd already been given. With all the planets torn apart by war, it was very straining for the Alliance to supply them all as much as they'd like.

"Daddy?" Vera asked after a moment. "The tall people feel very sad..."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Of course. It's the least we can do."

The least he could do. Try as he might, there was an obvious guilt on his mind. At least to Valery. Perhaps even to Vera. Kahlil kept the kind smile he always had regardless, dipping his head as he met the taller figures gaze. Though Vera caught him off guard. Almost. A truly sad smile formed as he turned to her, crouched down. Nodded his head as he reached out to pat the top of hers.

"They are, little star. They lost their home. We lost our home. It'll be some time before anyone is okay."

Not really a lesson he wanted to teach Vera, but.. Sometimes there was no avoiding it. He stood up, turning his gaze to the encampment. It wasn't anything like the tall buildings of Panatha. No statues, none of the arts on displ- No, there was some. He smiled faintly as he reached down to take Vera's hand and guide her forward. Ahead in the makeshift plaza there was some art. Dance.

A war dance, more specifically. It was a class, lead by an elder for all to attend. Children, adults, all were equal here.

"Watch. Even with our home lost, we are not defeated."

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Despite the pat on her head, Vera could only frown. Panatha had never been her home, but she did know what it was like to lose it. The scars from Empress Teta still lingered deep within, and now that she understood what happened to these people — her people — she realized what it was she felt. So without wasting another second, she stepped forward and looked up at the man who had approached them after their landing.

"I'm very sorry you lost your home. We will help you," she said with a big nod, much to the surprise of the Epicanthix. But her gesture was clearly appreciated, and the man offered a smile. "We appreciate your help, Master Jedi," he told Vera to show his appreciation and give her credit for her appropriate Jedi behavior.

Valery just smiled like a proud mother and watched Vera take her father's hand to head into the encampment. The emotions that lingered within showed the pain these people endured, but there was also strength, pride, and hope. The Epicanthix would survive the loss of their homeworld.

The Noble family then headed further, taking some time to look at the art and what people were doing to bring bits of their culture to this sanctuary. It was beautiful, but nothing quite compared to the war dance. It drew Vera in like a magnet, and Valery seemed fascinated too. She stepped closer to her husband, taking his hand while Vera let go of the other to move forward a little.

"Mommy? Daddy? Can I join them?" she asked. They were in the middle of their dance, but from the sidelines, Vera began to imitate what she saw. Her limited Jedi training helped her pick it up quite quickly, but she seemed a little shy about getting closer and joining in completely.

"You always tease that she has my chaotic energy, but I think she has more of you in her than you realize," Valery said with a soft chuckle. "I'm so proud of her."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Ah.

Kahlil could only watch as Vera stepped around him and spoke to the man from before. All on her own. Sympathy, but not pity. For a moment sadness overcame him. She had grown so much in the time he was gone. In part because of him being gone. He never wanted her to grow this quickly. But such sadness was overshadowed by the sheer pride he felt. His hand slipped into Valery's as she took his and he squeezed.

"I am too."

Then he stepped forward, pulling Valery along towards the square as he flashed a grin towards Vera. Putting aside all that sadness and regret. There was no changing what happened. But for now, they were a family again.

"We'll all join them. Just follow my movements if you get lost." There bond would make it easy for Valery to at least keep up. And probably Vera. Without another word he got into it, his expression turning to one of focus as he fell into the dance. It'd take all his focus. Everything was done with both grace and full strength. Even in a dance like this, there was no such thing as holding back.

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Through the bond they shared, Valery could feel her husband's momentary sadness when Vera showed just how much she had grown up already. Sure, she loved being silly and her energy was still nigh impossible to control. But when it mattered, Vera showed that she was on the path to becoming a Jedi Padawan. "She has grown like this because of you, just as much as she has grown because of me," Valery said while she squeezed his hand in return and smiled lovingly. It didn't matter that he had been gone for a while — much of what he taught her stayed with their little star.

Vera never forgot, and she had taken his lessons to heart.

Kahlil then pulled Valery along to go after Vera, and as a family, they joined the Epicanthix war dance. The movements were powerful, yet graceful, which helped Valery catch on very quickly as well. Even Vera seemed to be intensely focused to mimic her father, and stepped close to him so she could lead the dance. Valery was more than happy to allow them that moment and kept Vera between her and Kahlil.

Within a few minutes, people around them began to notice, and more and more eyes were drawn to them. Not because they were perfect in their technique, but because the way they expressed themselves was perfect.

But without being able to hold back, Vera soon began to grow exhausted. Her movements turned sloppy but she forced herself to keep going. Until she lost her balance and fell over onto her rear when she tried yet another kick. "Ow..." she muttered, but Valery just chuckled. "You're doing great, sweetie," she told her little girl.

Vera nodded but quickly looked up at her father, "Is this dancing to prepare for real fighting, daddy?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It is, little star. There is beauty everywhere, but also danger. It is the Epicanthix way to be both beautiful and deadly." Kahlil crouched down, gently patting the top of her head with the ever present smile. This was as much a part of him as being a Jedi.

"Strive for peace, but always be ready to defend yourself and those around you. That is our duty as Jedi and Epicanthix."

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Deadly and beautiful?

"So like me? And Mommy, and you." Vera giggled playfully but turned serious again when her father drew the comparison between the Epicanthix and Jedi. Having been raised in a family with the most awesome Jedi as her parents, Vera wanted nothing more than to be like them.

She wanted to help people and right now, she also just wanted to be cool like her parents.

"Now when will we do the fighting?"

Valery snorted, "Alright, she still has a lot of me in her too, huh?" She grinned at Kahlil with her proud mama look. Valery had always loved the thrill of combat, as long as there were no serious life or death stakes. But when she was a child, it was a lot more... chaotic.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil raised a brow, glancing between Valery and Vera this time. And laughed. Fight? He wasn't too sure if he was up to just fight his daughter. But she seemed eager. So too did Valery. And knowing restraint was always important as a Jedi. He hummed for a moment before lifting his hands. Nodding once.

"Seems so. Why don't you help your mom fight me this time?"

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Really?!" Vera exclaimed excitedly. She had trained with both her mom and dad before, but she had never sparred with them in a way that felt serious to her. Now she was going to team up with mom, who she knew couldn't usually beat dad because of their bond. But surely she could make a difference, right?

"Okay!"

Valery grinned and rolled her shoulders, "Daddy is feeling a little too confident, little star. Let's show him what we got, hm?" Of course, trying to fight like an Epicanthix was already going to be quite a challenge, but a true Noble was too stubborn and excited about the fight to care.

They'd give it their all until they no longer could.

So with that in mind, Valery stepped forward and almost danced in how she weaved — she wanted to show the elegance expected in Epicanthix fighting. Then, she threw the first powerful punch, but it would not be the only attack. From his left flank, Vera approached to aim her strongest kick at his left leg in an attempt to off-balance him and help her mother.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Of us three I have the most experience. It'd be unfair any other way, wouldn't it?"

By the grin on his face he certainly was feeling confident regardless. Perhaps a bit too confident, but it didn't matter right now. He brought his hands up and moved as they did. Weaving through their strikes, balancing offense and defense with practiced ease. He was by far rougher with Valery, given she could handle it, but Vera was pushed just as hard. Tested, looking for her limits, her strengths.

She was a lot stronger than she seemed.

Then they both came at him, together. And his grin widened. With surprising speed he shifted, twirled on the spot. He caught Vera by the leg, Valery by her fist, and pulled them both right to him.

And hugged them both with all his might.

"Got you."

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Oh I'll show you..." Valery said with a confident smirk of her own. She knew that he had a lot more experience but that only made the fight a lot more fun to her. Especially because he also teased and actively challenged her constantly throughout the clash. It was both visible in the way he fought and the way he looked at her.

So despite a lack of experience, she was not going to make this easy on him at all.

Much like him, she weaved and dodged attacks by drawing on their bond, as well as technique, and aimed to counter-attack with the strength and beauty of his people. But as was to be expected, he was more precise and faster with his sequences, allowing him to get more hits on her than she could get on him.

Of course, Vera made up for it a little bit. The young Noble wasn't even phased by the rougher treatment and, much like her mom, only seemed to be encouraged by it. She wanted to prove to her father that she could do this, and show him just how much she had grown as a Jedi. She wanted both her parents to be proud because they weren't just her family, but also the coolest Jedi in the Galaxy to her.

However, this was still no fight they could win.

During their combined attack, Kahlil was able to grab hold of them both, and pulled them into a tight family hug. Both mother and daughter squealed at almost equal pitch, but were quick to grin, laugh and enjoy the hug.

Until Vera remembered something.

Beautiful and deadly, right?

"Pwoah!"

Without warning, she suddenly aimed a punch into her dad's gut in an attempt to finish him and win this battle.
Valery just watched it happen with widened eyes and could not contain her laughter.

Kahlil_Div2.png

To his credit, he took the punch with a fitting grace. And a wince. She wasn't too strong, no, but unprepared it did hurt. He let out a little laugh, casting a grin to Vera, then to Valery. Yep. Certainly her daughter. Their daughter. He just gave Vera a little extra squeeze. Smiled and laughed. At least for a couple more moments. Then he felt it. Animosity. Anger. Rage. Eyes were on them. He stood up straighter, slowly setting both of them down. Kahlil turned his gaze towards a group of the Epicanthix staring at him. Daggers.

They spit on the ground, one by one, before walking past.

"<Zambrano spawn.>"

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Hey, don't look at me." Valery snickered after catching Kahlil's grin because she knew exactly what it was for. Vera's sudden punch was very much their daughter channeling her mother's genes, but Valery of course wasn't going to admit it. She just laughed instead and joined her husband in hugging their daughter just a little tighter.

"Did we win, mommy?" Vera asked but the question remained unanswered. A sudden shift in the joyful atmosphere snapped her parents' attention away, and to a group of Epicanthix that stared at them like they were the enemy.

Valery was quick to join Kahlil by his side, and gently held his arm to keep him close. Vera, however, really wasn't able to accept what they said and did, so as they walked away, she picked up a pebble and tossed it against the back of the head of one of the Epicanthix. "Shut up!" Vera exclaimed with a short burst of anger.

The man, now filled with even more rage, turned around and shot Vera a glare that made her back up a few steps. Valery interfered immediately, and stepped protectively in front of her daughter. "You all should be ashamed of yourselves. My husband came here to help your people and will continue to do so." Valery's eyes were burning bright as she looked them all in the eyes.

"Show some respect," Valery said with disgust in her tone.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil raised a hand. Reached down to gently pat Vera on the head, but all to stop them both. A Jedi should never act in anger. And.. He understood it. The anger they felt, it was something he knew they'd have. It was part of the reason he'd chose this encampment. "It's alright." He gave them both a smile before turning his gaze back towards the group. They'd stopped, turned their glares onto Valery. Onto them all. But they weren't the only ones watching. The elder from before, the people passing by. The name Zambrano was all it took.

His smile was gone. Instead, his expression turned far more serious.

"I am Kahlil Zambrano. Prince of the Epicanthix. Child of the Tyrant King. And I know who you are. My father has always killed any who spoke out against him. He has cost us friends. Family. Our home. Panatha is gone, and he only came to take the faithful with him. You, who spoke out against him, were not the only left behind. So many of our people are scattered. And the Eternals cannot protect them any longer."

Then he lowered himself. Got onto his hands and knees. Pressed his head to the floor. The act alone had whispers among the people watching.

"I can only do so much. You, the Seszil Bsaakik, have never needed my family. But my father made sure everyone else needed to rely on us. Help me find them a home and show them how they can be free of my father's mistakes."

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Behind her mother's legs, Vera began to calm down a little but it wasn't until Kahlil stepped forward that she let go of what happened. She looked up after he patted her on the head, and Valery quietly stepped down. She hadn't lashed out in anger and had no intentions to, but she would always protect her family whether that was against an actual threat or even just verbal in situations like this.

Then Kahlil began to speak, and much like Valery and Vera, the people around them grew quiet. The few voices that they heard were reduced to whispers, and as Kahlil spoke and lowered himself, it wasn't just their voices that changed. The entire atmosphere felt lighter, and once he finished, the elder stepped forward.

"Please rise, Kahlil," the man said, his serious expression softening somewhat again. The people who had seemed disgusted by his presence earlier began to gather around again, but this time without their earlier rage. Their wounds were going to take time to heal fully, but they appreciated his gesture and were able to see a path forward.

"My husband is right but he's also not the only one who will help," Valery said in support. Her husband lowering down to his knees for them had sparked a deep frown, but their response allowed it to fade. "It's up to your people to decide which planet they want to call home now, but wherever it is, you have my word that you will receive aid."

Valery glanced at Kahlil after he had risen and offered him a soft smile.

"Very well. We accept your offer but it will take time. I'm going to organize a town hall meeting to inform everybody, and we would be grateful to receive news about planets we can relocate to."

Valery nodded in response before she waited for Kahlil to chime in if he had anything to add. But once that was done, she turned to him with an important question. "Do you have any ideas where they can go? I assume they'd want something for themselves. Most of GA space is very crowded, and we should be careful with helping them resettle near dangerous territories."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil rose when prompted to. There was no playful smile on his face, or nervous expression. Any of the usual calm he had was replaced by a pure focus. He'd spent a long time just thinking he was dead, and long before then he'd given up on making any kind of difference. For his family, for the Jedi, the Galaxy. Retiring and living with Vera as her father had been a blessing.

But he needed and wanted to do more. So Vera could live in a galaxy knowing both her parents hadn't given up or settled. That they could and would make the Galaxy a better place.

"There is only so much time. The others aren't as fortunate as this camp. They were not prepared for Carnifex to leave them. We will find a place for the Epicanthix to call home. But they will need leadership. We survived long before Carnifex took over, and I imagine we can survive without him or any other king." He nodded once to the elder before glancing towards Valery. Then to Vera.

"There are others who know a lot about helping refugees. A Jedi should never hesitate to ask for help when they need to, right?"

two.png

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"We will survive him, and we will make the changes necessary to prevent this from ever happening again," The Elder said with great determination of her own. For too long, his people have suffered at the hands of self-proclaimed gods. He was never going to allow it to happen again. "As for a leader, we will come to a decision with all of our people. It may-"

The Elder stopped as Vera suddenly stepped forward. She had been awfully quiet while her parents talked, but now, she had something important to say. "You will be the leader," she said while she pointed at him. Valery immediately blinked and was about to ask for clarification, but Vera expected the question. "I saw it. The people want you," she added with a big nod. Valery just smiled and patted her little star on the head.

"A dear friend of mine has also worked for many years on other war sanctuaries for the Alliance. I will contact him, and we're going to figure everything out before it's too late." She turned her gaze from the Elder to her husband. Valery clearly wanted to remain involved and help him. Not just because she felt it was important to support her partner, but also because this was a cause any Jedi should support.

"You both have my sincere gratitude, and I'm sure that I speak on behalf of all our people that it brings us hope. I will address them in a town hall meeting as soon as I can. Until then, please feel welcome here," The Elder said, now with his earlier smile returning again.

There was finally light at the end of the tunnel for the Epicanthix.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil blinked in surprise at what Vera said, but smiled regardless. Was it the fate of this Elder to lead the Epicanthix, then? Her visions were rarely wrong. But it'd be good for them to get out from the Zambrano shadow. He dipped his head in a light bow this time as the Elder stepped away before glancing to Valery. Giving her a sheepish smile and a nervous laugh.

"Sorry for dropping that on you and not explaining my intent from the get go."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom