Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Stone Unturned | First Order Dominion of Codian Moon Hex

Post 2
On Station SS-13
In shadow, scheming
Objective: Hunt
Ambiance: Float Up From Dream

Relying on the Tortuga to force an entry through a viewport away from prying eyes proved to work seamlessly using the breaching tools aboard. The Corvette engaged stealth tech once fastened to the station’s side and thus dispelled its vicious compliment into the bowels of the station. Before moving too deeply one of the four members secured a slicing device to a dusty terminal in a long abandoned security station, and they made note of the fact that the safety lockers which housed weapons were all haphazardly searched and bereft of their lethal contents.

Good, thought their leader, sporting prey for this sorry lot to cut their teeth upon.

Only of course they would not seek out their targets on equal footing with the vagabonds condemned to this place: each of the hunters basked in the glory of being concealed in a Force Illusion and tasting the irreverent, encapsulating irrelevance of Immersion. This would mask their visible and aural presence from the damnable interference of other, “friendly” force sensitives. Naturally, this White Current assisted warping of reality could only persist so long as their Director didn’t interact with the physical world. However, since they had the foresight to bring along a party to conduct the grisly ritual of cleansing this viel should remained unchallenged -hopefully.

The three hunters marched just ahead of the Fallanassi, a quintet of ghosts that meandered through the treacherous, derelict halls like stalking insects. Eventually they came upon the first of three total targets to expunge: Jibbon Marsichal, ex Janara police chief and paragon -rumored to have assembled a cohort of troopers during the defense of that planet from Imperial invasion some time ago. He had of course adopted another identity in the interim, but the Major knew the other teams sent to fetch criminals too well: they would seek to recruit him. Her assessment was that he was too dangerous to give such a chance; too charismatic. He would make a meddlesome rival, and thus a risk so great had to be expunged before his true value could be realized.

Infiltrating his gang and piercing his inner sanctum on the station proved no hassle. These happy four came upon him whilst he shaved, and with a subtle hand gesture serving as command, one of party members moved behind him and slit his throat. Marsichal’s neck was rent backwards by yanking upon the hair of his head. Warm crimson leapt in good cheer, slicking and distorting his reflection in vibrant hues in one final hurrah. Leaving him to choke and sputter in silence, they calmly jaunted over to their next mark.

[member="Kyli DT-6767"] | [member="ch1m3r4"] | [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="Rexus Wenck"] | [member="Zyrias Pax"] | [member="Ara Zambrano"]​

Objective: #2
Allies: [member="The Major"] | [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="Kyli DT-6767"]

Rexus looked at the trooper as he worked. Luthers comments were met with an eye roll. Twigg however voiced his comments, being the brute his was. [Bloody 'ardies.] The larger trooper grunted into the comms unit. Rexus gave him a little jab with his elbow. Reminding Dergan that Luther was not just some Hardie. He was a comrade. A mate. Wenck turned to face Kyli. Given how much work it was taking to get the damn elevator down, made him question if it was really worth the effort? Was the damned thing even safe? These questions played at the fore of Wenck's mind. However, when she ordered him to be ready, he grunted his affirmation.

[Gotcha.] Rexus replied. When Kyli gave the order, Rexus slid in. He didn't turn on his flashlight, instead, relying on the nightvision filter on his helm. He scanned around every corner, and crevice. Empty. [Clear.] He barked. The turbolift was a shambolic mess. Metal plating sat twisted, and torn from the walls, exposing crudely maintained electrical equipment, clearly jury rigged, and some crude poster of some Twi'lek dancer on the wall. [Alright,] Wenck began, [Twigg, you're with me, we'll clear the barracks.]

[Won't that be where they all are?] Twigg inquired. Although he couldn't see his face, or Twigg his, Rexus gave the typical tired glare that came with working with him. He sighed, just enough to be audible over comms.

[We're karking death troopers Twigg,] He drawled, [Anything that comes past us will be wanting to run six ways to Bespin.] He then waved him in, [Come on!] It was to be easy enough. Coupla crooks verse First Order special forces. It would be a no contest. Plus, if the brief was anything to go by, the type of crook Rexus was after here, would hopefully have a stash of finer goods. Strong enough to hopefully get this mans rocks off. Only question, was how he was gonna cleave it from their cold. Dead. Hands.

To consider these Jedi unprepared paralleled the foolishness of Hadrix venting Mandalorian civilians on Roche so long ago. They had been mounting raids upon First World frontier worlds efficiently and the natural defenses of their 'HQ' gave them a good advantage to exploit. When the stormtroopers led by the Knights of Ren moved on forward through the night they would receive a strong backlash in the face of guerrilla fighters and Jedi who would attempt to strike first.

Meanwhile, good ol' Zef had been pacing down through one tunnel and another, with his cigar in his mouth as per usual, only to realize he was fethin' lost. You have to be kidding me. By luck, the rumble of gunfire took his attention and the old man followed it. Heck, whoever was shooting, would probably be shooting somewhere on the outside...

...where his ship was. And it wasn't really concealed. Zef hadn't expected the fethin' Jedi to get into those karkin' 'i've got a bad feeling about this' moments right when he arrived to this backwater planet. Revolver was out of its holster as he approached the exit of one of the tunnels. Flashes of fire could be seen in the air as the Jedi and their fighters exchanged fire with an unknown enemy.

The Mandalorian moved with haste climbing the tunnel upwards where the front line was. He only hoped his ship wasn't blown to pieces yet.

He glanced towards where the fire was coming from to see the well known white armors of stormtroopers.

Karkin' Order. He clenched his fists. The worse news was that his ship was that way, somewhere adjacent to where the stormies were coming from. Like hell he was going to wait here, fight for the Jedi and end up either executed or arrested by some stuckass bureaucrats. He grabbed the shoulder of one young fighter for the Jedi next to him behind cover.

"Cover me, kiddo, I am going to go flank." He lied. Zef was going to flee to his ship and bail this damn world.

"Are you nuts, old man?! The ground is booby trapped." As if to prove his point a stormtrooper exploded into pieces in the distance.

"Of course it is." The scoundrel sighed and shifted away from the boy. He moved down the length of the line from cover to cover while his old, but sharp mind contemplated his choices and ways of escape.

[member="Sieger Ren"] | [member="Brennan Cabrol"] | [member="Krayn Ren"] | [member="Samka Derith"]​

Huxy

[ Message Received ]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Location: SS-13 | Unknown Space Station[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Allies: Glorious First Order[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Nearest Allies: [member="Kyli DT-6767"] | [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="Rexus Wenck"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Enemies: Any Resistant or Dangerous Individuals[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Objective: #2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Post Count: One[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The battlefield of the endless field of space was one fraught with danger and the unknown. The environment of space was highly unpredictable and oftentimes nauseating at best when you were getting blasted at by large turbolaser batteries. It was by no means, a pleasant experience. People were more times than not, trapped in a tomb of metal that had been outfitted with all sorts of gadgets and weapons to help them 'survive' any encounter. Though, these weapons were not of much help when the vessel or tomb was going down in a ball of fire and debris and everyone was still left aboard with no way out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]At least, that was the outlook of Tempest on his experience fighting on naval vessels and space stations. He hated, he dreaded the thought and idea of going into space and fighting. Tempest absolutely despise actually being on a Star-destroyer at all, especially if it were in the [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]atmosphere[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] of a planet. He had lived to tell the tale of surviving the crash of a Destroyer into a planet’s surface...though he didn’t want to live through the tale ever again. He tried to do his best to make do with being aboard Star-destroyers, though it had been difficult for him ever since then. To Tempest, it was a nightmare experience to actually be within a boarding party or even fight anyone who was boarding a ship he was on.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Yet, here he now stood, with [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Eights and Horizon. Eight’s he was happy to be with. Horizon on the other hand...that was a different story. Just a few weeks prior to actually meeting Kyli, Rexus, and Luther, Temp had caught a trooper who he thought was his friend snogging Horizon. Needless to say, it didn’t end well for the other trooper and soon afterward[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Horizon and Temp had split. But...whatever...that was in the past, Temp shouldn’t focus on past failures yet, he did. He hated himself for that.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]-------------------------------------[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The gloved, waxy fingers of Tempest’s left hand fiddled with the barrel of his rifle as he waited for the [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]turbolift to bring them to the next level. His other hand clenched tightly around the handle of his rifle, his thumb resting against the safety ready to flick it at a moment’s notice if trouble arose. Which, he felt could happen at any moment given the nature of the station. Even though the light’s and power were out, he could’ve sworn he had heard creaking metal ceiling plates from above when he first stepped aboard. Tempest took this as a sign that whoever was the First Order’s enemy in this mission, was close by and could at a moment’s notice, snuff them out if they caught them off guard. Something of which Tempest wasn’t looking forward[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] to.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Ugh, this lift is taking forever,” the voice of Eight’s muttered in the [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]comn piece of Temp’s helmet. “Ha, you're telling me. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say they didn’t want us here at all. I mean, they could’ve just compiled but no...they have to make this difficult,” Tempest voiced back through his comn[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] towards Eight’s. "Oh, are you talking about yourself? You just always like to make things difficult don’t you? I mean...come on, you didn’t have to beat the guy to a…” the voice of Horizon spoke up suddenly. “Oh, well I’m sorry. Bu[/SIZE]t, who was cheating here? Yeah, that’s what I thought.” Jeez, this was going to be a long mission. The sooner that Horizon got reassigned, the happier Temp would be. "Tsk, at least I don't cry every time somebody gets's hurt! At least I don't get pissed off at every single thing!" Eight's gave off an annoyed sigh at the verbal fight between the two going on. It had been like this for weeks so far, and it was just getting worse. Sometimes the two seemed to reconcile, other times the two were at each other's throats. Which was what was happening right now. "Hey, calm down you two. Horizon, stop being antagonistic. And Temp, stop being overly hostile, it was both of your faults." At last, the turbolift finally came up with the deathtroopers disembarking off of the lift followed by the troopers. Tempest activated his rifle-mounted flashlight, illuminating the dark metal hallway in front of the three. It cast eerie shadows as the light splashed across overturned chairs and crates, some of which were empty whereas others had weapons within. As Tempest walked down the hallway, Eight's and Horizon followed suit after him, keeping their weapon's trained forwards. The grey eyes of Tempest pierced through the black lens' of his helmet, the HUD giving him plenty of information even though it was sparse for the moment. Something was amiss...nobody else save for the Stormtroopers and Deathtroopers were about and active, making him feel unease in the pit of his stomach.

Ex-Solider | Ex-Spy | Doctor
Station Status: Derelict | Power: Minimal | Active Systems: Life Support, Gravity

Objective details: Enter engineering sub-level. Secure and assess the state of the station's power.

Page_divider_with_gradient.png
Luther watched as Rexus and Twigg boarded the turbolift. The remaining group collectively held their breath, until the all clear was given and the turbolift returned back down. As it made its slow decent, Luther turned to Kyli. "It's a sound plan. I'll head down to engineering, see if I can't restore some power to some of the areas. Fighting without air and gravity might be an...issue... So I'll make sure those systems stay operational". He slapped a closed fist across his chest as a sign of respect. Rounding up a group of troopers he made his way into the lift.

- - - - -

The group took the journey down in silence. Crouched around the door, ready to breach, the tension in the air was palpable. The only sounds that pierced the air was the gentle whir of the lift's motors as it propelled them downward. The door opened with a hiss and the group moved out in formation. No resistance was met, yet Luther told them to hold position.

The engineering sublevel was huge, stretching over a fair portion of the station. The hangar lift had deposited them at the extreme end of the level. Through he was grateful, for he wouldn't have to watch his back, Luther ground his teeth at the thought of the distance they'd have to travel. The main control-room was most likely at the centre of the level. Using only hand signals, he ordered the group to move out.

The area was poorly lit, only emergency lights were active. The harsh red lights seemed to stretch shadows into vaguely sinister shapes. The troopers turned on head-mounted flashlights to help with the low-light levels. Luther's armour had nightvision but he opted to leave it off, knowing that the flashlight beams would mess with it.

He was wary. The entire level was a maze of corridors of varying strange shapes. They would often branch off in random directions and dead-end with no warning. Progress was slow, they had passed multiple map terminals but they were useless without power and it wasn't until Luther found a paper map that things picked up.

Even now that he knew the way to go, it was still slow going. The aforementioned off-shooting corridors would pose excellent ambush spots. None yet posed any danger, but he took them cautiously all the same. He should have eased up, but he was more tense than ever. 'Are they avoiding us?' he thought. 'Are they massing somewhere to form an actual formidable unit?' If that was true, then maybe it wasn't going to be such a simple assignment after all.

- - - - -
They'd finally reached what comprised the control centre. It was situated, like Luther guessed, in the middle of the level. The area outside the door was a largely open space. What little cover there was comprised mostly of boxes of parts and abandoned forklifts. There was a large Turbolift at the far end, used to carry small vehicles moving pallets of supplies. Working quickly, Luther set a significant portion to watch the lift while the rest were distributed around the area to guard the entrance. Once that was done he approached Tia, who was standing in front of the of the room's blast door, hands on her hips.

"Luther, this door is bio-metrically coded" she said, frown on her face. Luther swore. Guess they found out why the pirates weren't prolific on this level. There were no doubt easier spots on the station to access the station's systems. "Is there not way to get through?" She shrugged. "Not electronically, unless you have someone with clearance alive and happy to help" Her frown deepened as Luther ran his hand over the metal panel next to the door. "If I can get you access to the door's mechanism, can you do anything?" "Sure" she replied "but that is thick metal, how are you going to-" He interrupted her by holding up his blackwing blade. "This will heat up to 2500 degrees celsius. I'll burn through the metal" he said simply. "Kark, that'll do it" she moved to stand far behind him.

He ignited the blade, its intense flame lighting up the darkness.

[member="Kyli DT-6767"] | [member="Rexus Wenck"] | [member="FN-2826"] | [member="The Major"] | [member="Ara Zambrano"] | [member="FN-2826"] | [member="Zyrias Pax"] | [member="Zef Halo"] |

skin, bone, and arrogance
Allies: 181st Fighter Wing, Orange
Enemies: 181st Fighter Wing, Black
Objective: Wargame Drills

"Look at me," Pierce muttered into the Orange Team channel as he piloted his fighter across the expanse of empty space above the Codian Moon. "Soaring majestically like a hawk through the atmosphere... piloting a Mon Cal cruiser." The metaphor was not the most beautiful, nor was it the most accurate, but it conveyed his displeasure. As leader of this little parade, he had chosen the more difficult task for himself in these war games. He and the rest of Orange Team -- so called for the hideous color of the jumpsuits they would be wearing were they the Galactic Alliance fighter pilots they were pretending to me -- were in X-wings. Mostly salvaged, because the First Order couldn't buy them, but some captured as well. To say that he found them not up to scratch would be an understatement. Even though they were older models, as befitting their less-than-pristine nature, First Order engineers had souped them up so that they were comparative in speed and handling to the modern generation.

Not that it helped. Pierce couldn't quite shake the feeling that he was piloting an RV and towing a moving van.

"Lookin' good, Cap," called his wingman. "She's got an arse on her, though, huh?"

"You can say that again," said Pierce, running through his checklist with some difficulty. Everything was in a different place. "But don't," he clarified.

"Roger, that."

Moments later, he opened the channel to both teams. "Orange Team, Black Team, this is Orange Lead. Prepare to run a practice. Stun shots only; if I have to get a rescue vehicle out here, there'll be no booze rations for a month, am I clear?" There was a resounding chorus of agreement. "Good. Now, we'll do scenario Aurek Seven Seven. First Order corvette stranded and under Alliance starfighter assault." He clicked over to Orange Team. "All right, let's see if we can give these boys and girls a licking. Attack pattern Theta. Go."

The starfighters raced through the black, but to Pierce, it didn't feel right without hearing the scream of the TIE engines rumbling through his ship.

O B J E C T I V E I

Into the trees they had gone, the Ren and a following of stormtroopers, each ready and willing to take the fight to these Jedi terrorists and even give their own lives to do so. For Krayn it was a defining moment in months of behind-the-scenes hunting and investigation, hard work that had seen the Ren be sent from one side of First Order space to the other by his Master in an attempt to weed out what resistance could be found.

A picket of trees had forced the group to go wide around their intended path, yet with their brisk march there would be no need for concern. There would be no need for stealth, the Jedi would have sensed them by now, if not the troopers then definitely the Ren. Perhaps that was a ploy that they could play on.

“I’ve got movement.” One of the trooper’s remarked, his rifle raising as the entire group came to an immediate stop and scanned where he had indicated. A small outcropping of rocks, a single large tree expanding into the sky like a great tower. “Can’t make visual.”

BZAAAP

The blaster bolt came from nowhere, shooting past the Ren with such closeness that he felt the heat through his robes. It impacted hard against the chest of a stormtrooper who hit the deck from the power of the shot, he would survive though, the technicians of the Order would assure that, if he were to take a second shot however he would not be so lucky.

The second shot would not come, the firer would not have the chance. His initial attack had given away his position and the Ren could capitalise on the sudden swell of the Force around his form. He reached out, grabbed hold of the attacker and with a pull of his arm brought the Jedi, or ally of towards the group.

“Take him.” The Ren ordered, dropping the form to the floor where instantly two stormtroopers took the attacker and cuffed them. “The Supreme Leader wants them alive if necessary.” His dark visor reflected the face of their shooter, a young woman with eyes that gave complete disregard to the danger she had found herself in. “However, let us see if we can gather anything of interest.” Krayn raised his hand, rested it open near her left temple and with a subtle yet violent pull at the force began to assault her mind.

SS-13 | Unknown Class Space Station
Status: Derelict | Power: Minimal | Active Systems: Life Support, Gravity
Enemies: [member="Zyrias Pax"] \\ [member="ch1m3r4"]
Allies: [member="Kyli DT-6767"] \\ [member="Luther Ando"] \\ [member="Rexus Wenck"] \\ [member="The Major"] \\ [member="FN-2826"]
Objective 1: A Game of Survival, To be the hunter

A sharp gasp.

The hissing release of a breath that would not be replaced.

The sudden wash of energy as another life was claimed by the Force, the darkness ebbing and flowing around her, even as the thick warmth of viscous lifeblood soaked into her gloves and the edges of her sleeves, dripping slowly onto the cool durasteel beneath her feet. The clamour and thump of a body falling to the floor disrupted the mesmerizing whir of life systems, the occasional flicker of the emergency lights breaking up the constant drone. Cool eyes surveyed the dead convict before her, no malice, mercy, or concern crossed her features lost behind the mask she wore.

Deactivating the vibroblade that had so easily slid into the woman’s jugular, Ara brushing the weapon across the smooth fabric of her pants, a quick, simple field clean that would have to suffice for the time being. Her mind was already casting out, hunting for the next victim, her body moving near silently through the hallways, a hunter on the prowl. Shutting her eyes against the harsh neon of her HUD display flaring to life at a simple command, the bio-stats of the body falling rapidly behind flashed across the screen, the simple, crimson colored text Deceased confirming her kill.

::Status report for convict FN-2601A. Deceased. Location coordinates for retrieval: 14.256, -1,580.
The comm system cut off as the HUD display died as quickly as it was activating, the Master of Ren preferring to continue this exercise on her own merits, rather than depend on the advanced technology of the First Order’s armaments. A sporting chance for those fighting for survival, and a test of abilities that had all but gone unused since the street rat had ascended from the depths of the Coruscanti underworld. Never deviating from her path as she moved deeper into the station, towards the Hangar bay that would offer such a tempting target for the convict’s escape. Death was inevitable, unless they managed to utilize the resources left scattered and broken throughout, set upon as they were by the various First Order operatives prowling the decrepit station.

Her mind brushed against another as she paused, anticipation, adrenaline, and a thread of primal fear tinging their thoughts in a delicious cocktail of emotion, her eyes flooding with red as bloodlust answered. Fingers itched to draw her blade, the siren call of the crystal within, begging to be used. Yet, she resisted, instead reaching out with the force to wrap around the neck of the first lifeform before her, tightening instantly, cutting off the flow of oxygen in a spectral vice grip.

Shall we dance?

The soft, melodic voice whispered across those closest, the body of their comrade falling over in gasping sputters, the pale sickly hue of his skin rapidly deteriorating as he struggled for consciousness, a hail of bullets ricocheting off the walls of the hallways as he fired blindly, a dying man’s desperation taking hold.

Objective: Free Team Meridian/Death Row prisoners
Enemies: [member="Ara Zambrano"] [member="The Major"] [member="Kyli DT-6767"] [member="ch1m3r4"] [member="Luther Ando"] and anyone else on the Station
Soundtrack: Ready or Not

This “special prow-thingy” was such a non-technical term that Zyrias almost did not realize what Stubbs meant by it, but once she really thought about it, waiting for LRSEV62 (the new name of the ship that hopefully was now attached to a First Order transponder code) and the vessel’s processors to catch up so she could try to hack into a docking bay, she had more questions.

“Does that mean the ship’s going to be vented? Okay now, that doesn’t sound fun dangerous. It sounds like really, really dangerous.”

“Don’t worry, part of the strike team will do that. The ship is modulated so you’ll be fine and able to make sarcastic comments to your heart’s content. How is the slicing going?”

“Not good. We’re out of time.”

Stubbs stomped off to get plan B ready already assuming that the ship would be denied entry. Zyrias began to hack her little heart out, but it was too late.

“LRSEV62, you are not cleared for entry,” boomed a firm voice through the vessel’s comms. “Remain where you are until your transponder can be checked.” With no idea just how much pandemonium was already happening within the space station, Zyrias watched out a viewport as from standard TIE Fighters rounded each side of the floating war structure.

“Yes, Sir,” she said, but as Stubbs came back, the three soldiers from Team Crater who knew how to properly open up the side of a space station without killing everyone on board LRSEV62 were in position. Yet, this ragtag pair - inexperienced captain and co-pilot - defied the order and moved slowly at first towards the station, picking up speed as they went along.

Predictably the TIEs opened fire.

“This might get bumpy, but come on,” he said, grabbing her hand. “Evo suit and then we need to move as fast as we can before the ship is taken down.”

Trees.
Tall and full of life.
Shadows.
A smiling man. Broken teeth. A family…
“Show me what I want to see, not these…pointless memories.”
Rock.
Stone.
A cave?
Yes, a cave. A ship. Crates and weapons. A pull to light, a flickering of brightness that came from within.
“That will do.”

He released her, his mental assault pulling out of her mind without any care of her own wellbeing. The girl slumped over, her form fully supported by the two stormtroopers that had firm grips upon her arms, their white helmets, forever blank of emotion turning to the Ren.

“They are a cave.” He shifted his head towards the treeline, pausing to reach out with the force and test the flow. He would find them, all he needed was the scent. “There.” He felt it, the light. A twinkling little ball of hope that stood out against the ever present darkness of the Ren’s mind. “Take her back to the ship, the rest with me.”

The group marched, Ren to the front. His weapon while not activated sat in his hand, gripped hard by his gloved hand, thirsty for rebel blood. As they entered the cave entrance and the light of the forest began to fade he knew this was the place, within their would be Jedi. Jedi who had managed to lock themselves into their deaths.

Progflaw99

It hadn't taken them long to close the distance - their presence now revealed. The Jedi had taken the initiative, letting loose a volley of blaster fire towards the white clad troopers to Sieger's right. Several of them shouldered the hits, armor absorbing the brunt of the blast. Others fell, their bodies lifeless as they landed in the dirt. The time to attack was now, as with any ambush, the only way to defeat it was to return the assault but harder and faster. No verbal cue was necessary, merely the Supreme Leader's subtle suggestion, the way the Force moved around the group now descending upon the Jedi. Violent malevolence flowed through Sieger's veins, eyes narrowing as he chose a target from the Jedi now racing out to meet them. There were troopers here, but they were eclipsed by the Dark Side knights and the shimmering blades of the Jedi - this would be closer to the battles of old, a battle of life and death at the end of a saber.

With a snarl, Sieger's cloak found itself upon the ground. Only twenty meters between them now, he and the target he'd chosen. Not quite close enough. Not yet. Despite the man's age, he stood tall, commanding - irises assuming a near crimson appearance as he gathered the power of the Force about him. The familiar snap-hiss of Sieger's own vermilion blade igniting sent a signal to the others. Time seemed to slow, the twenty meter gap now closing to ten, then five. Eyes locked with the Jedi in front of him, the young man's icy blue eyes a contrast to those of the Supreme Leader. With a leap and a shout, the blue bladed assailant made his strike at the elder man - it was the last mistake he would make this day. He wanted them alive, and so with restraint, Sieger growled and his hand rose as if to brace himself against the onslaught. Channeled through Sieger's arm, hand, then fingers, the Force was manipulated expertly. As it formed to Sieger's whim, the Jedi found himself immobilized, blade humming harmlessly as those icy blue orbs searched for the meaning of his predicament. Sieger Ren had brought his body to a halt, mid strike - now here he hung, utterly helpless. Powerless.

Now Sieger's attack truly began, not an assault in the physical realm but that of the mind. Much like his body, the Jedi felt his mind subject to incredible pressure, locked in a vicegrip. Frantically his eyes searched for any method of escape, his fellow Jedi barely glimpsed at the edge of his vision, but each one's fight was their own. He was alone. Like a kraken, attempting to split open the hull of a seafaring vessel, he could feel the inky tendrils of the Force pressing up against his mind, applying pressure in the way of fear. Images and visions plagued his reality. Overwhelming gravity surrounded each visage, each one tearing and ripping at a part of his resolve, his mind, his very soul. Slowly Sieger lowered his arm, the man's body coming to rest upon the ground, knees placed in the dirt of the forest floor. Slowly Sieger began to release the man from his paralysis, and yet the Jedi did not resist further, too lost within his own mind to put up a fight. Limply the man's blue saber fizzled as it was deactivated, hilt dropped to the earth. There were no words for the Jedi, only images and sensations driving him to the brink of madness.

Sieger had a plan for these Jedi, the ones who thought they could get away with what they'd done. This was the wrath they had wrought. Despite Sieger's connection to the fellow members of his order, his voice rose above the din of battle to address both friend and foe. "You think you can resist? You think you can resist the Order? I bear down on you with the horrors of a thousand generations, I will take your souls and you will serve me and my ilk. Never shall you be released unto the force - instead you will be enslaved by it." Exerting another surge of power over the man the darkened lines at the corners of his eyes and the black blood which seemed to flow through his veins intensified as the power of the Dark Side emanated from him. In the following moments, Sieger's presence would brush up against those of his order, his voice though not audible carried a violent tone. The message was simple. Break them.

[member="Samka Derith"] | [member="Krayn Ren"] | [member="Brennan Cabrol"] | [member="Zef Halo"]

Fire rambled over his head cracking fissures in stones of old and leaving scorches on the soil itself. A small but an intense battlefield. Its intensity reminded him of the massive onslaught over Kashyyyk where the Mandalorians crushed and erased the fledgling Galactic Republic. Zef's own contribution to the invasion was something out of a holocomedy, unable to reign in the war droid. Yeah, definitely not a story of war glory for the old smuggler.

Like a raging typhoon the Order's forces crashed into the front lines of the militants. Blue blades met red ones and the scoundrel remained frozen for a bit as a lanky, old man seemed to siphon out the soul of one Jedi half a dozen feet away from him. The smuggler heard the man talk and the moment he got a few words from the man's script, Zef simply shook his head. "No, thank you." He hurried away from the dark man, not knowing or even thinking that this was Sieger, the man pulling every string in the First Order. Maybe someday he will find out.

Fleeing the vehement scene of the two Force users, Zef went back into the cave to search for an alternate route through the cave system towards his ship meanwhile cursing his luck underneath his breath.

Aimless within the complicated system of tunnels, the scoundrel found himself right at an exit he was about to leave from before the light from it was suffocated with the presence of white stormies and a cloaked man. Being a lone smuggler in a harsh galaxy taught you a few laws on survival.

Shoot first.

The particle beam revolver in his hand roared spewing out golden coated bolts of explosive energy at the group. He remained silent as he unloaded the eight bolts from his chamber.

[member="Krayn Ren"]​
--​
[member="Sieger Ren"] [member="Brennan Cabrol"] [member="Samka Derith"]​

Post 3
On Station SS-13
In shadow, cut with blood
Objective: Hunt

A certain pair of glasses lit up with glowing blue hum of data streaming down as bright text conjured up in her line of sight.

:: FN-2601A. Deceased. Location coordinates. . .::

It made her eyebrows raise in a bastardized version of surprise. The woman’s head nodded ever so slightly. What do you know. They are going to clean house, she mused. Curiosity piqued her interest: who did it, what method, which group? So many questions. Alas, risking a drop of the immersion to try and sense what kind of morbid denizen had committed acts that typically shrank the soul. Perhaps when the targets were adjusted into a different state of being she might consider slicing into the camera feeds of whatever was left working. Although which such little power running through the derelict it might take a trip to engineering to requite the whims of a voyeur.

The Major often pondered much, even as her operatives silently ran their blades through the second target and her three guards in a flurry of strikes and slices which were designed to remove such noisome things like limbs or jaws from the rest of a body.

A stench reminiscent of iron filled the air in the cramped, dirty corridor -and they pushed on towards the riskiest of the three since this target’s rumored haunted placed them at the deepest point within the station.

[member="Sieger Ren"] | [member="Brennan Cabrol"] | [member="Krayn Ren"] | [member="Zef Halo"]​

Break them

Samka had been biding her time in wait for the assault. She'd watched through electrobinoculars from a distance as the conflict erupted, the girl didn't like to work at the front lines if she could avoid it, it didn't fit her MO. Instead she used rocks for cover while monitoring where the enemy was coming from. She could now see that there were variety of entrances to the Jedi compound. The main ones were obvious and well guarded, she expected the Supreme Leader himself would see to them, there too was a cavern by the forest taken by [member="Krayn Ren"]. She would have to infiltrate elsewhere.

There was one promising location. A secret entrance she'd spied one squad coming out of. It seemed to be a hatch on the ground reasonably close to her position, hidden among the grass that one would not notice during a leisurely stroll.

Keeping low to the ground, Samka dashed forwards in a sudden burst of speed and agility to bring her to the hatch. It seemed she'd gone unnoticed in the chaos of battle. She cast a glance back towards the Supreme Leader with a longing sigh. She would have to watch his blood bath another day, she had her own duties to perform.

Using the Force, she flipped the hatch open and hopped inside. A quick spot check of her new surroundings told her she was in a cave system but one which bore the irrefutable marks of Commonwealth architecture. The railings at the sides, the way the lights hung from the ceiling... it reminded her of Alexandria. Pipes clung to the wall, hissing and rattling slightly. She wondered what the purpose was but she didn't have much time to think.

A snap hiss and the lighting of the cavern changed, a blue light emulating from in front of her as a Jedi lit his weapon. Samka smiled at the sight, her own blade withdrawing as a greeting, casting its own crimson shade over the area.

A part of her longed to tear her opponent apart but orders were orders. She'd do her best to keep him alive and make him bend to the Supreme Leader's will. That had a pleasure of its own.

Staff Sergeant Kyli DT-6767
SS-13 Unknown Class Space Station
Objective #2

Kyli follows Rexus into the dirty debris filled Turbolift and sweeps her rifle across the wide space, listening to Rexus' voice as it filled her helmet she repeats that word [[::Clear::]] For a moment she stops and lowers her rifle lowering head and listens to a voice slither into the back of her mind. 'Why don't you just kill them all?' Shaking head firmly dismissing the question wordlessly she pivots in boots and waits for the influx of the others. [[::You're a fool::]] Kyli's voice whispers the retort to this presence within the back of her own mind forcing it into a sound retreat back through the deep lightless corners of consciousness into a vault created by the steady application of counter-mutagen drugs administered through an adhesive patch laid across the ventral surface of arm where it sat concealed by the armour's bodysuit. Steadily the Troopers piled into the Turbolift and Kyli's thoughts are interrupted by Luther who had pivoted his head to face her. "I have an alternative idea, all of our assets aboard the station have hermetically sealed suits and personal oxygen supplies, right?" Kyli's questions rhetorical, she knew they did but wanted Luther to think about this for a moment. "Our job of eliminating the prisoners aboard this derelict would be made much easier if the life support system were to fail, we could then egress with our objective complete with minimal casualties and effort." Pauing Kyli's Hazel eyes look for Twigg and Rexus. "DT-4539 and DT-7088 I think between the both of you we will have a suitable distraction within the barracks." Watching the pair exit the Elevator, Kyli's ears pick-up the conversation the both of them share through her helmet's comlink, casting a glance towards Luther she hunches forward raising her rifle towards the pursed doors and offers a warning through the distorter for the others. [[::Remember to perform Radiochecks every fifteen minutes, and Luther give us a warning before you disable the life support yes? We won't be able to do it if anyone has suit breaches::]] The turbolift slows; Kyli feels that through her legs she focuses with narrowed eyes surveying the exposed hallway she strides forward now with her ubiquitous short albeit measured steps with the occasional flick to that azure display upon her helmet-mounted display's motion tracker with no contacts, on either side of this hallway is a series of lively plants given life by barely functioning lights with the occasional patter of water striking foilage rumbling quietly through the deck almost as if it were raining. Kyli couldn't suppress the pleasant smile it provides her with a fond memory of her morning with Luther at the Cafe on Advora , part of Kyli lamented the loss of green fields that rolled over Dosuun's surface allowing thoughts to be tempted away from the dank surroundings for a moment with the promise of a respite.

The Cadence of her footsteps is steady though the dimly-lit hallway to an ominous durasteel door with a white holographic lock projection that flickers wildly signalling that it was open; the convicts had to be keeping the doors Online for their own movements. Swiping palm pass the lock the door wails open with the underpowered mechanical servo motors whining to reveal a large atrium filled with plants contained in empty glass vats illuminated by dull light and being sprinkled with droplets of water. Across the Atrium from Kyli is another large foor with the second floor being lined by a Durasteel Walkway. Kyli with rifle shouldered makes her way forward noting the other two doors on her left and right within the cube-shaped room. Coming towards the center of room the door on the second-floor chimes before shuddering that unpleasant mechanical roar; revealing a group of men clad in a variety of clothing armed with Blaster Pistols and Rifles who quickly leverage their weapons against the Black-Armoured Stormtrooper who has halted right in the center of a carefully-laid trap which had captured some surprising prey; a First Order soldier. Stepping forth a pale heavily tatooed with a bald head appears and looks down upon the Soldier. "Oi! You prepared to die? Before we kill you gonna tell us how you got here and how many you brought with you" Kyli stares coldly up at the men wordlessly; relaxing her muscles to increase elasticity this might be one of the best demonstrations for command, five targets, open exposure with short spacing. Within a second of her engaging they'll all be dead answering his question. "Not before you" The man's eyes widen. "Wait What?!" Kyli raises her rifle in speed that would rival that of a lightning strike and pulls the G-12As trigger twice trained on a compressed gas tank straddled above the ground level's door but beneath the durasteel walkway and it sends a massive fireball right up into the men consuming the five prisoners immolating them in a cacophony of screams. Kyli's eyes watch them with a snarl she taunts them while sauntering towards the ground-level door beneath their flailing bodies on the second floor neglecting to even provide a courtesy glance to acknowledge their pain. [[::I'd stay and chat but I gave up smoking recently::]]

[member="Luther Ando"] [member="Rexus Wenck"] [member="The Major"] [member="Zyrias Pax"] [member="Ara Zambrano"] [member="FN-2826"]

The sound of battle had started to flow through the cave system enough that the First Order group around Krayn could hear the flurries of blaster bolts and energy hums from other pockets of resistance. It forced them to go further, to expand their area of search in order to find what they so desperately wanted to find and kill.

Yet for the Messenger his first interaction with an enemy within the cave would not be his expectation. A rough, raging man had appeared before them. His own feet had slid to a stop as quickly as the Ren’s and his men had. Dark bottomless eyes of his helmets lens reflecting the silhouette of this enemy from the stare-down that had erupted within that tunnel.

It was at the moment that he was about to speak that the golden twangs of energy came his way. The first, which came with such speed a furiously that the Ren’s lightsaber couldn’t extend in time grazed his shoulder, burning away material and flesh as it passed by him. The following flock where intercepted with the burning red blade of his lightsaber, shots deflecting from it in a haphazard form to impact with the walls, showering the cave entrance with sparks.

He would not rest on his attacker. Immediately a hand was turned and extended out to try and grab the assailant within the force, to press the usage of his body away from his own will and into the control of the Ren, he could hear the clicking of rifles behind him as the Stormtroopers prepared to open fire.

“No.” Another blast of the force, this time directed behind him. The group of white clad soldiers found themselves pushed back to the floor. “This one is mine.”

[member="Zef Halo"]

Ex-Solider | Ex-Spy | Doctor
Location: SS-13 | Unknown Class Space Station - Engineering Subdeck.
Station Status: Derelict | Power: Minimal | Active Systems: Life Support, Gravity

Objective details: Break into the engineeering command centre.

Cutting through the metal might have been elegant and far easier if his weapon was a lightsaber. In its current state, the sword acted more like plasma torch. The metal melted and bubbled where the sword made contact. He paused only after 12 minutes, to make his regular scheduled contact with Kyli, before resuming for a further 10 minutes. The result was a deep score in the metal in the shape of a square, crossed with a large X.

Seeing Luther sheath the weapon, Tia approached. Flinching at the heat of the now dull-red metal she remarked: "Luther you haven't actually cut through the metal. See here-" She leapt back, startled, as Luther delivered a powerful kick to the weakened metal panel. The was a sharp 'crack' and the panel caved in along the weak points. "Show off" Tia muttered. Luther grinned on the inside of his helmet. He would never have been able to deliver such a strong kick were it not for his augmentations. Even so, his leg ached and throbbed.

Luther cleared away the pieces of metal while Tia started to fiddle with the inside of the door's mechanism. They had access to half of the door's hydraulics, all of which Tia manually disengaged. Moving away from the opening, Luther called over a group of strong looking troopers. Together they pushed back the unlocked half of the blast door, the heavy durasteel squealing along its tracks. He stood back to admire his work. Opening half the door allowed his crew to squeeze through into the control room.

The room was fairly spacious and very utilitarian. An entire wall was taken up by arranged rows of old-fashioned breakers. The opposite wall held a large console with a plethora of different sized monitors. Tia immediately moved to the console whileLuther moved over to examine the breakers. The rest of the group retreated back out the door.

The circuit breakers were labelled meticulously, in some sort of letter-number code. A quick hunt through nearby scattered documents revealed a guide to the codes. By matching the two up, Luther was able to gain an understanding of the stations power situation. A great deal of the breakers were tripped, most likely due to malfunctioning systems. There were no controls for reserve power, so there was no manipulating that.

"Luther, over here!" Tia yelled, despite her close proximity. Wincing at the pain the loud sound had on his sensitive ears he moved over to the console. "I've managed to get into the system. I can't access email or other personal details, but I have a direct route to the security cameras". She frowned. "But I'm getting no audio" "The PA system and attached audio or offline, their breakers have tripped" Luther replied. He brought up botanics, looking at the system details next to him.

It was 2 minutes past his time to contact Kyli again, so he activated the comms. "Disabling life support is a no-go Kyli. Botanics has some sort of passive filter system for excess oxygen produced by the plants, so there'll be a few days of air throughout the station after the system goes offline". He paused before adding: "I have a pretty good view of your level, but not all the cameras are functional. Contact me if you need assistance from here."

A flick through the rest of the cameras showed that a considerable number had no feed. Certain sections must have no power to run the cameras. Most of the cameras in the barracks were offline, meaning that tracking Rexus' team through that area will be difficult.

Luther turns to Tia. "Let's see if we can't raise some hell from here".

| [member="Kyli DT-6767"] | [member="Rexus Wenck"]'s | [member="FN-2826"] | [member="The Major"] | [member="Zef Halo"]

skin, bone, and arrogance
Allies: 181st Fighter Wing, Orange
Enemies: 181st Fighter Wing, Black
Objective: Wargame Drills

"Right. Black Lead, you're still having trouble matching speed. We had that problem at Dagobah and it nearly killed you. If you crash into an Alliance X-Wing, I'm sure they'll die and that's great, but you'll also die and that's not as great. And about five minutes ago, you almost killed poor Seamus because you can't bloody match your speed, so you need to get it together, all right?" Pierce gave a silent sigh and swung his X-Wing around, heading back towards the Codian Moon with his squad in tow. "Remember the old saying: the point of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other son of a nerf herder die for his."

"Sorry, Cap," said Black Lead. "Just feels slow."

"Don't make me install a training wheels program on your astromech. I swear on the blessed Bartoo that I will if you get close to winging Seamus -- hell, any of us. Tighten up." Pierce cast an irritable glance out his viewport at Black Lead. "All right, boys and girls, let's run it again. Attack pattern Tau."

Objective: Free Team Meridian/Death Row prisoners
Enemies: [member="Ara Zambrano"] [member="The Major"] [member="Kyli DT-6767"] [member="ch1m3r4"] [member="Luther Ando"] and anyone else on the Station
Soundtrack: Hit and Run

The evo suit hung off her skinny frame, and it was hot as The Void inside of it. Zyrias also wished she practiced getting into and out of it quickly because Stubbs kept shouting, “Hurry, hurry!” as she fumbled with each zipper, strap and seal. Not only that, but after they breached the hole in the space station, she’d need to swiftly shed the evo suit, don a blast vest, helmet and be ready to take fire. She’d also be carrying Team Crater’s additional weapons and grenades. Great. Equipment sherpa.

Most of the mercs were already into the station by now, assembling and waiting for Stubbs and Zyrias. She could feel the tug of space, the change in gravity as she wiggled through the small opening the strike team had made. Not much terrified her because of her stubborn teenage bravado but being sucked out of the vented ship module had her heart pounding in her chest.

But they were through. The hole was quickly sealed behind them. Yet the breach in the exterior had triggered an alarm to their sector. Light armor strapped on, Zyrias began scrabbling around for any electronics she could use to disable the urgent beeping around them. Out of the duffel bag - a heavy monstrosity she’d hauled miraculously over the threshold with her skinny arms - she dug out her datapad and hooked it into a nearby panel which blinked with the promise of being attached to the station’s mainframe. Kneeling on the durasteel floor, she began to try to write the code to circumvent the alarm system, growling at Stubbs, “Do not tell me to hurry. These things take time.” But oddly enough it was surprisingly easy this time. Perhaps the derelict nature of the station?

"Stubbs?" As if on cue the Zabrak slumped over next to her, shot in the head, a slug from the blaster having pierced his own helmet.

“Holy mother of meteors,” she murmured, slamming the panel shut.

It grew quiet. Zyrias turned to see dead on both sides - Stubbs and one other mercenary from Team Crater and two criminals lying splayed on the corridor floor. She swallowed the gigantic lump that had formed in her throat at wanting to burst into tears over the death of her friend. “What the feth happened?” she whispered.

“The patrol heard the alarm, kid.”

“But what if-?”

“They were crims, but not anyone from Team Meridian. We’re in contact with them now.”

And while the alarm had been effectively silenced, Zyri was not sure how much attention they'd attracted between the noise and the shooting.

The mag popped out nonchalantly falling on the ground as he went for another one. His sleigh of hand was about to slam the new magazine on his particle beam revolver when intense pressure stagnated his whole body similar to how full-body restraints worked.

Fethin' Force, of course.

Zef grinded teeth to push himself against the supernatural grip, old bones and old muscles burning to break free. His birthright - scoundrel's luck - rang true when the cloaked figure's attention switched to the stormtroopers halting their fire. The grip around him weakened but did not falter completely. It gave him the golden opportunity to slam the mag on the revolver and yell out, looking somewhere behind the Force user at absolutely nothing:

"Strike him now, Jedi!" The trigger was pulled a few times sending the explosive bolts towards the man. He would try to flee backwards behind a natural cover on the curve of the tunnel.

In reality, there was no Jedi behind the cloaked man. Just a ruse to split the Force user's attention.

Old dog's tricks.

[member="Krayn Ren"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom