Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Punches Pulled

@[member="Harkin Kane"]

Hellish and unnecessary is what Judah would describe his recent experiences as. While their threat had certainly been diminished, he suspected it wasn't the last he had seen or heard from Daxton Bane. The longer it took for the Sith to regroup and decide to intrude in his life again, the better. A silver lining to the entire 'lets double-cross Bane' idea was the meeting of two very...interesting...bounty hunters. Judah had found the stowaway - the one he had wanted to shove out of the airlock - to be rather normal compared to Oryen. Kane had looked out for Thessa in the manner that an older brother would have. For that, he would be ever in the one-eyed bounty hunters debt.

It seemed he would be more in Kane's debt shortly. The pair was headed to Taris, often referred to as the Coruscant of the Outer Rim. Judah could have easily went himself, kept his head low. It wasn't as if the salvager would be doing anything of real danger. He was indeed headed towards the planet to scour the Lower City for droids and the like. All business related. Yet Thessa had insisted, citing the last time he went off on his own, his skin was flayed off.

Turning to the bounty hunter in the copilots chair, Judah couldn't help but comment.

"From stowaway to sitting in the copilots chair. Has to feel nice. No blasters at your back. No one to punch you in the face."

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Friends were something Harkin could count on one hand. He couldn't say no to the salvager's inquiry. Not to mention Thessa would have killed them both. Harkin for saying no and @[member="Judah Dashiell"] for going alone. "You kidding?" Harkin laughed aloud, "This is unfamiliar ground for me. I think I'm having withdrawals we'll have to be sure to piss someone off when we land." The sailor laughed again, but really and truly he felt better than he had in a long time.

Of course, nothing is ever hunky dorey in his life, and it still amazes him they did as well as they did with the Bane fellow. Harkin wasn't counting on his luck to continue so he'd merely cherish it while he could. What's bad is he felt that Judah had about the same luck. The two of them, unsupervised, on Taris, the trouble the dynamic duo would undoubtedly find, or cause, was imminent. Hold on to your seats kids. Harkin leaned the co-pilots chair back some spinning it slightly towards Judah, "So how'd Thess feel bout us making this run?"

@[member="Harkin Kane"]

Judah laughed along with the bounty hunter. Like Harkin, Judah could easily count his friends on one hand. Most people he knew were business associates : the lovely ladies of Firemane, the Mighty Popo, the exiled former Mon Calamarian slave turned artist Donatos. Not people he could really confide in, or look to for advice. Checking their readouts for their reversion time - not much longer - Judah kicked back in the pilots chair and pondered the question.

"Not happy. I suspect Thessa is enjoying the breather though, I've been 'glued to her side' as she puts it."

Judah had good reason to be glued to the mermaids side, she was carrying their first child. He had been logging sleepless nights already, mind racing with all the possibilities. Most of them were of a terrible nature. If Daxton Bane caught wind that the pair was expecting a child there would be no where for them to hide, no place too far to run. Ceto was safe but it didn't stop his mind from wandering back to his mermaid quite often on the trip.

Coming out his pensive mood, Judah continued on.

"But...you know her..." A slight pause. "What has an old hunter like you been up to since we last met?"

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Harkin smiled relating to the look on the man's face. Naomi was bearing child when she had been killed. Both the worry and the excitement were not foreign feelings, but Harkin wasn't comfortable with that being shared knowledge, yet. If Thess had told @[member="Judah Dashiell"] about the old sailor arguing with his dead wife, he had been kind enough not to bring it up.

"Don't let her way fool you. She wouldn't know what to do if you didn't hover like you do.

Harkin gave a grin as he thought about his own short while since the skirmish. He didn't want to tell Judah that with his every waking moment had been watching Sith activity. Particularly that of Bane. If the bastard breathed wrong. Harkin would drive The Clover straight down the man's throat. Which reminded him, his ship was still on the Smuggler's Moon... Damn.

"Ah you know... this and that. It's awfully hard to find a salvager and a solider the perfect housewarming gift ya know." He leveled a teasing look at the pilot

@[member="Harkin Kane"] @[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Speaking of hovering…

She wasn’t exactly showing yet but she was craving the appetite of two, or one and a half. Standing in the galley closet she sighed, knowing it would only be a matter of time before her stowaway-cover was blown. Ever since Judah found out he would be a father he was making the Galan take it easy. She was practically under house arrest!

That might have been a little of an exaggeration but still, why did the boys get to have all the fun?

Creaking open the pantry door part-way, iced-azure gaze cautiously swept the room. It seemed guy-time was confined to the cockpit for the moment. Good. She needed some kriffin’ chocochews.

Pushing the door open the rest of the way, she tiptoed out and reached into the top cabinet where Judah had so graciously been stowing the odd-food item away just for moments like this.

@[member="Harkin Kane"] | @[member="Thessa Kai"]

Judah just shook his head about the hover comment. If Thessa were here, no doubt she would be chiming in with the bounty hunter, quick to agree about his recent actions. While not quite truthful about his latest actions, Judah suspected Harkin couldn't be so forthcoming. Bounty hunting seemed like a solitary job, or a secretive one at the least. Especially if Kane was on the trail of a business associate. Might not want messy entanglements.

"Towels. You ever been in love with an aquatic species? You go through a lot of 'em."

Judah's smirk told the bounty hunter he was only half-joking of course. Lights signaled their impending exit from hyperspace and he decided to look a little more alive at the controls. Didn't need to go crashing into a planet if it could be helped. Reverting back to real space, Taris loomed before the two.

"Know anything about this planet? Like a good spaceport? I don't need the Siren getting stripped of all her wiring."

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
"Suuure, we'll park in the Constable's private hangar." Harkin grinned tauntingly, "I'm sure any droid that catches your eyes is on the ups." It had been a minute since Harkin had been on the rock. Seemed anytime anything decent would sprout on the planet, the groups would race to squash it out.

Truthfully, Harkin had an idea on the safest place for the duo's ship, but probably not the safest place for the duo. "Ol gal's probably safest if we land unmarked in Undercity." Oh Thess would kill him for even bringing it up, so good thing she wasn't around. They couldn't get a droid past customs in Upper-City, and the Siren would no doubt stripped clean in middle city. Probably before the two even made it off deck. Harkin assumed Judah knew it, and wanted Harkin's consent before plunging into the slums. Better Harkin's ass then his own, huh?

Harkin smiled at his thoughts of the couple and over the towels comment, "I sure hope Judah can swim.'

@[member='Judah Dashiell']
@[member='Thessa Kai']

@[member="Harkin Kane"] @[member="Thessa Kai"]

"Unregistered Undercity? I guess you're right, especially if we land into anymore stolen droids."

So, slums it was. Judah wasn't worried about personal safety, just that of the Siren. It wasn't as if Thessa would ever know where they had landed. Wouldn't be registered in the logs of the planet or the Siren for that matter. Banking the vessel towards the planet, Judah skirted notification by landing authorities, heading over the shadiest parts of the city-planet. Eyes scanned for an entrance into the Undercity, waiting until he saw the tunnel that led straight down.

The pair was immediately plunged into darkness, Siren making up for it by flicking on soft interior lighting. Nothing but decaying planet outside the viewscreen as the vessel started its landing process in a very shady parking deck. The kind where one paid to land and have his enemies killed all in one fell swoop.

"Lovely place. I'm already thinking of a summer home for the family."

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Harkin snickered as they exited what appeared to be a rather large storm drain. Peering across the vast lakes of what looked to be sewage he added, "Lakeside property at that."

The Siren was better off here than in middle-city, and the duo was better off anywhere then upper-city. The biggest threat to the two was legalities of any souvenirs acquired on their tour. A landing pad finally appeared in view. It looked like it was straight out of a cartel comic. "Well I cant think of anything that could happen to the ol girl at such an upright joint. You pal?" Harkin knew it was eating at @[member="Judah Dashiell"] he'd be worried about his bird the whole time they were planet side. Truthfully though Harkin didn't think anybody would mess with the ship. If a nice ship was in under-city 99.9% of the time it belonged to someone infamous you didn't wanna piss off. And the two didn't exactly fit into that 0.1% anyway.

Harkin spun in his chair and more so hopped than rose to his feet. "Give a nice mean look when we get off the boat, and she'll be fine." Harkin assumed Judah had a droid around somewhere to watch the ol' girl, learning from past mistakes and all that, but he wouldn't have put it past the sailor to of left every bit of security guarding precious cargo back home.

@[member="Harkin Kane"] @[member="Thessa Kai"]

"Oh yeah, I imagine the Siren is going to be just fine here." Shaking his head, Judah would just have to take his chances. There was a security system on board, but no droids. Harkin's thoughts were indeed correct - Ferox and Sparky had been left back at home. Finalizing the shut down procedures on the vessel, Judah dug out his personal comm and sent a quick message to Thessa, who he presumed was at home eating her chocochews.

Hope you and the Tadpole are taking it easy. See you two soon.

Putting the comm away, Judah stood up and pulled on his jacket and checked to make sure his blaster was there. All seemed to be in order.

"You ready to go exploring?I'll try to look violent, but no guarantees."

The room tilted suddenly as she felt them land.

What the kriff? Judah better not be letting Kane fly this thing...

Comm buzzed on the counter, rather loudly. "Chiiit," finishing off a chocochew, she reached up to put the box back, hand hitting a stack of pans in the cabinet as the ship settled down again. Her effort to stop the falling items was rather valiant. Her comm dropped on the ground as she lunged forward, catching one, two, three....

...until a fourth pan smack-toppled on the floor with a resounding and very audible CLANK-CLATTER!!!!!

@[member="Thessa Kai"] @[member="Harkin Kane"]

Listening to the clattering of pans, Judah raised an eyebrow towards the galley area. Hopefully it was not another stowaway. Remaining in place for just a moment, he eventually decided to check it out, despite the silence that had fallen over the Siren. He looked back to Harkin and gave a small shrug before walking to the galley, talking to the bounty hunter as he did so.

"We land and not even five minutes on this planet there are rats aboard my ship."

Yet as he stepped in the galley it wasn't rats but a mermaid. Thessa stood there, comm on the floor and pans piled up in her arms. Judah didn't know whether he should laugh or be frustrated that Thessa had snuck aboard. Picking up the pan on the floor, he set it on the counter before taking the other cookware items out of her arms and putting them back in place. Picking up her comm, Judah set it in her hand, mildly amused look on his face.

Gently kissing his Galan, Judah placed his hand on her still flat stomach, giving a questioning look. He spoke quietly, not wanting Harkin to overhear.

"Are you and the baby okay? Whats wrong?"

Speaking louder now, he called back to the old sailor.

"I found something bigger than a rat on board.Come look."

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Harkin heard the noises coming from the galley as Judah had went to investigate, 'Damn, they're better at this stowaway thing then I am.'

Harkin made his way towards Judah, "Ewoks, I bet that it's ewoks. Hey do you smell fi-" Harkin's mouth stretched into a smile as he saw Thessa. He couldn't fathom why the girl would want to make this trip. Especially comfortably squared away in the pantry. He couldn't help but laugh at the situation. Harkin had been feeling a lot better lately. Seemed the powers that be might finally be cutting the man a break. "Am I really that bad of an influence on ya kid? Do ya really gotta stowaway on your own ship?" He smiled tauntingly towards the Galan an amused eyebrow raised. Harkin noticing the chocochew box had fell as well, leaned down to help himself. He was interested in hearing Thessa's explanations of stowing away to Judah. Dinner and a show.

Shoveling his hand into the box of delights he began to crunch away. Leaning in the door frame and listening intently, he simply could not help but smile.

@[member="Judah Dashiell"] @[member="Harkin Kane"]

“Yeah, yeah, we’re fine,” the quick whisper left her lips, cheeks giving away her embarrassment as Harkin joined them. She squeezed Judah’s hand back. At least he wasn’t yelling at her and turning the ship immediately around.

Score one for the mermaid.

She flashed a smile at Harkin. Who knew they all would’ve end up being…friends? “I’m surprised you didn’t try this spot out, especially with how much you like our snacks,” chin tipped to the coveted chocochews in his hands as her smile broadened. Hands clasped together as she slipped her comm into her pocket.

“I just needed a break from my mothering-hen droid and house-arrest,” with a wink, she gently nudged Judah’s arm. “So what’s the plan guys, what’s the mission?” Excitement flashed in her iced-azure gaze.

When Harkin ate all the chocochews it would be up to him to explain to mother and child why there wasn't any on board. Amused smirk grew on his face, both at a comment he had lined up and his own thoughts. Gently nudging the mermaid back with his own elbow, he shot a glance to Harkin. His joke could go terribly wrong with Thessa's mood swings, but he would chance it.

"Mission? Well Harkin and I were going to bond a little. We hear there is this amazing strip club down here in the Undercity starring a blue Twi'lek girl. You know my preference for blue skinned and blue scaled women, so I thought we'd check it out. You're here now...well....heck, you could still tag along."

Quickly he recovered, moving on. Couldn't let a statement like that linger.

"Naturally, I'm joking. We came to get droids. Why you wanted to tag along is beyond me. I thought I was the one hovering a bit too much, yet here you are." Looking between the two, Judah was certainly ready to get a move on. He didn't want to bring Thessa along but she was already here. He would just have to be even more protective. "Lets ship out. Droids are rusting as we speak."

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Judah Dashiell said:
"Mission? Well Harkin and I were going to bond a little. We hear there is this amazing strip club down here in the Undercity starring a blue Twi'lek girl. You know my preference for blue skinned and blue scaled women, so I thought we'd check it out. You're here now...well....heck, you could still tag along."
Harkin smiled and nodded with the joke. Harkin was surprised. Mainly because of how brave the boy was for saying it. This coming from the guy who weeks ago looked up at the flustered mermaid from the barreled end of a shotgun. A thought crossed his mind 'Ah frak, we'll both be on the barrel end when she sees where we are...' Deciding it best to cross the bridge when they came to it Harkin simply nodded in agreement. He was excited to see what they might get into. "Yup, just let me grab my gear." Harkin went to retrieve his belongings leaving the couple alone. He hoped he hadn't just left the boy to groveling and pleading for the mercy of the wife...

@[member="Judah Dashiell"] @[member="Harkin Kane"]

An amused look crossed her features as Harkin made a quick-exit. A short burst of laughter left her throat as she tugged Judah into a close hug. "Oh please, sweetie. You and I both know your thought of a good time involves reading Widgets Weekly on our beach in Ceto. You'd take that any day over dancing Twi'leks. Nice try, though."

Leaning in for a quick kiss, she grabbed a jacket and followed after Harkin. "Droids. Good. There's a place on the way I want to look for some old x-wing parts." With blaster strapped to her thigh and shotgun slung across her shoulder, she strolled down the ramp, mouth nearly dropping. "For kriff's sake, nice parking job," flat-voice escaped a pair of frowning aqua-lips.

"My idea of a good time is anywhere with you." Yes, Judah was indeed sucking up with that cheesy comment. However, Thessa had hit the nail on the head and lately that was his idea of a good time.Interesting to see how far he had come, but there was little time for self-reflection at the moment. Finishing the final shut downs of the ship as they all exited, the ramp went up and he looked around.

Looked like a fairly standard underworld, but smelled like something had died and been overcooked.

"Thanks Darlin' " Already starting to move out of the shady deck, he looked back to Thessa and Harkin. "Ladies first? Want to get those X-Wing parts?"

A nonchalant hand waved through the air. "Nah, I'll be fine. Why don't you guys go on ahead and I'll rendezvous with you later." Turning, booted feet clicked off the plating of the ship's ramp and onto the slummy-street level. She imagined if she said it fast enough and with enough confidence it might sound like a good idea to them.

She'd done this sort of thing plenty of times on her own. She saw no reason to change things. Besides, she was a Galan; stubbornness was in her nature.

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
With a nod of confirmation Harkin started to turn away from the Galan. In mid-stride the realization struck him hard in the face like a bucket of cold water. Spinning on the heels of his boots he replied, "Oh hell no!" Harkin turned to look at @[member="Thessa Kai"]. "There ain't no fraggin way your skipping off to scavenge in undercity by yourself." As the words were pouring from his mouth he realized how old and nagging he sounded, but alas, he continued.

He looked over at @[member="Judah Dashiell"] after all it was his wife Harkin was yelling at. And if he agreed then Harkin wouldn't sound like a scolding daddy. On the other hand, if he agreed with Thes, then Harkin would have no choice but to thump them both on the head and drag them back up the ramp, through the stars, and back home. He'd ground them both! "When did I ever get so old?" The sad truth of the matter is between Judah's luck and his own, she was probably safer doing her own thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom