Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Punches Pulled

@[member="Harkin Kane"] | @[member="Thessa Kai"]

Shoving his hands deep into his black jacket, Judah looked thoroughly amused at the exchange Harkin was having with Thessa. Having never met her father, probably because Mr.Kai wouldn't approve, it was an interesting experience....albeit with Harkin as a substitute. While he completely agreed, his words were going to have to be much more...gentler. Judah did have to live with the mermaid after all. Although he was getting pretty serious about building a second home on Laekia, right on the beach once again. Thessa would never move, he wouldn't have to deal with a raging wife.

Win-Win.

"You're still recovering from what Bane did to you and you're carrying my child. I don't think the 'I will be fine' explanation is going to work today." Judah looked to Harkin briefly. "Besides, Harkin and I enjoy your company and you might need us to carry pieces back to the Siren. Consider us silent shopping partners."

@[member="Harkin Kane"] @[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Driftwood brow lofted as she turned around, mid-stride. "For kark's sake, don't let everyone in under-city hear exactly how you feel." She took that moment to glare at the man that was oddly, starting to feel like family. "I can gorram take care of myself," arms crossed indignantly over her chest as she stared the one-eyed man down.

Head panned to Judah. "Oh, YOUR child?" She wasn't sure if Harkin knew about the whole baby slash tadpole thing, guess he did now. "Who is doing all the work for this child, hmmm?" Yup, raging hormones. And she blamed Judah for all of it. Stars, she missed being not pregnant and she wasn't even showing yet!

"You're still recovering from Bane," voice was dangerously low.

Still, she couldn't deny the sense in Judah's argument, not to mention they were causing a scene, and she doubted Harkin would let her waltz off without creating even more of one. Harumph. Men.

"Uggh, fine. We'll stick together. But give me some space. Okay?"

@[member="Thessa Kai"] @[member="Harkin Kane"]

Hurt crossed his features before reigning his emotions back into a more neutral expression. Judah really needed a cigarette right about now, even though he hadn't smoked in months. Unclenching his jaw, he waited several long moments before speaking. Better to wait then say something he truly regretted. Making a scene in front of their new friend wouldn't do anyone any good either.

"Space.Yeah. No problem."

Holding his arm up in front of Harkin, they would let the Galan get a bit of berth ahead of them. Still in eyesight, but not enough to be the smothering presence Thessa was taking the pair for. Waiting for several moments, Judah lowered his arm and started off with Harkin, just much slower than his normal lengthy stride.

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Harkin looked towards the man briefly before staring off towards the immense bleak back drops under-city had to offer. No, Harkin hadn't out right knew of the the tadpole, but he was a pretty damn good detective. He had a hunch brewing, and Miss Prissy's attitude would have been a dead give-a-way. He smiled at the situation mainly because he didn't know what else to do. He slowed his stride a bit even more, and awaited Judah to do the same. "Ya know she doesn't mean it. Hell, man she stowed away on the ship. If she wanted space, she'd uh kept her moody ass at home." His words a bit crude, but his tone and his intent were noble. He kinda hoped Thessa heard the moody comment, but at the same time he really hope she didn't. The lovers had become the only family he had, and although he wouldn't openly admit it, he'd be back floating in the whiskey or dead by now had he not stumbled into their lives. The two were quick to remember how much he had helped them, but they'd never know how much they had really helped him. He smiled towards Judah as he nudged his shoulder, "Hey Thess, I'm real relieved to find out that your not just getting fat!" Hell, it'd probably get him shot, but if it got a smile from Judah it'd be worth it...

@[member='Judah Dashiell'],@[member='Thessa Kai'],

She flinched as she heard the words come out of Harkin's mouth. Part of her wanted to believe she had heard things. There were two things you didn't say to pregnant women: one was about food; the second was about weight.

Oh no he didn't.

"Ex-cuse ME?" Freezing, she turned around, REAL slow-like and closed the distance between herself and that smug-looking son of a gun. "Did you just say I was...fat?!" Cheeks burned from flusterment and embarrassment as she faced off with the hunter, a dangerous glint in her eyes.

And then, she had an overwhelming desire to cry.

Frakkin' babies!

Now he's done it.

Normally Thessa would clock the person giving her such an insult, even if it was from a joke gone horribly wrong. Add raging pregnancy hormones to the mix and it was just a recipe for disaster. Clearly seeing the embarrassment flush under her teal scales, Judah had to step in somehow. Even though Thessa was highly independent and in any other situation he'd let the Galan handle herself, he needed to stop the situation from getting worse. Before tears and yelling were involved -- on both sides.

"Easy now. Thessa looks amazing, as always."

Sliding an arm around her shoulders, Judah subtly pulled her back from the hunter. Giving a small squeeze, he looked between the two.

"I'm sure Harkin was trying to get a reaction out of you. Although a bit crudely...."

Just think, several more months of hormone filled mood swings to go.

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Harkin, pleased with himself couldn't help from smiling. Yeah he'd probably not escape the shopping trip alive now, but he would have kicked himself later for missing the opportunity. It wasn't his intent to piss her off. Raising his hands defensively he attempted to help calm the raging kracken. "Easy kid-o I was only playing. You look fine. Maybe a bit scaly for my taste." He gave that award winning smile of his. The award generally being a black eye.

Scratching his head and looking about the place he attempted to change the subject, "So if I was an X-wing, where would I be hiding?"

Fingers slowly uncurled from the tightened fist.

She paused a beat and took a breath.

She recognized when Judah’s arm was for someone else’s protection more so than her own. Palm came up to rub down the length of her face, tiredly. “I’m sorry guys.” Voice sounded a bit muffled as her palm crossed over her aqua-lips.

“This whole baby thing is affecting me more than I ever thought it could.” THANKS Judah. Wink.

She offered a weak-smile to Harkin, clearly out of her element. And the kicker was, it would be like this for the next seven months and some change! “According to the ad on Craig’s Galactic List, there’s a seller named Saul located on Platform thirty-eight and a quarter. That is where we should go.” Leaning into Judah she rested her head against him, grateful for his grace.

Pulling away slowly, she began to lead the two-men up. “Shall we? And don’t check out my pregnant-fat ass either, Harkin.” He wouldn’t see the grin on her face as she moved ahead.

It was easy to forget at times how tired they both were. They hadn't really had any time 'off' since his little injury, even then it hadn't been an ideal situation. Thessa was struggling with the prospect of becoming a mother right after Bane did unspeakable things to her. It caused him to pause and feel a little guilty about his earlier reaction. They needed to catch up on sleep and recharge.....perhaps another vacation was in order. Or a lazy week back at their secret home. It was quiet enough on Ceto.

Coming out of his thoughts, he followed Thessa with Harkin at his side and chuckled.

"I noticed I was excluded from that comment. Nice to know I can still stare at that six of yours." Looking over to the bounty hunter, Judah shook his head slightly, keeping an eye on their shady surroundings. "Back when Thess was my boss, I had the biggest crush on her. I tried not to act so nerdy, a little more....roguish but it didnt work. So since she wasn't falling for my lame advances, I thought of other ingenious ways of checking her out on the sly. When the Squadron would go out for runs, I'd purposely fall behind the group and her. Those tight running shorts are still quite fresh in my memory."

Looking up ahead at the mermaid in question as she searched for their platform, Judah called up to her.

"Don't have those still by chance, do you?"

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Harkin's face twisted in a smirk as they started walking once more. "Now when do I ever do as I'm told?" He looked toward Judah with a wide eye and an expression of relief. Escaping the narrow jaws of death with little but his personality as always. Yeah, right. He smiled as Judah called up to bearer of his child. He was hopelessly love sick. Instead of hauling around the extra weight Thess's buckshot was sure to do. Harkin just kept his lips sealed for a while as they walked taking in the breathtaking sights of Under-City...

@[member="Judah Dashiell"] @[member="Harkin Kane"]

Little running shorts. The smirk widened on aqua-lips.

"Wouldn't you like to know," voice called back to the boys. Eyes did a three-sixty at Harkin's comment. Striding ahead, she quickly found the x-wing seller. A few hustling and bartering moves later her pack was full and slung over her shoulder with the very technical parts she needed. For once, nothing went wrong and there were no altercations.

"See, everything was fine," she shifted the weight of the pack on her shoulders and shrugged innocently to Harkin and Judah. "So, onto your shopping trip sweetie?"

@[member="Thessa Kai"] | @[member="Harkin Kane"]

"You're the boss."

Personally, Judah thought he could have salvaged the parts a little cheaper. Taking the pack from Thessa he thought she looked a little too innocent. Probably trying to prove both himself and Harkin wrong about being on her own. Hoisting the pack on his own back(as if he'd let Thessa carry it), the trio made their way to the rickety lifts found in this sector. Pushing the button once they were safely inside, Judah watched as the lights flickered and the lift struggled.

Dying in a third world lift. What a way to go.

Thankfully they weren't going up terribly far. Exiting, Judah wiped a little sweat from his brow. "Pretty sure we'll find stairs to take back down.." Streets were a little brighter lit here. Bright neon signs threw rainbow patterns on the old streets. Much like Coruscant's underworld just extremely filthy. Coming up on the broken-down ancient warehouse he needed, Judah unholstered his blaster and handed to Thessa.

"Just in case. I'll be right back, you and Harkin sit tight."

Disappearing into the building, Judah left the pair on the walkway.

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Harkin shot Judah a look of, "Awe well aren't you a sweetie" with as much sincerity as the old space sailor could muster. Needless to say it was a look irradiating with mockery of the love struck man, but wheres the fairness in just giving Thess the hard time.

After bravely and narrowly traversing the the teetering lift the troublesome trio found their way to an all but welcoming building. Silently Harkin pondered the mental health of the group in it's entirety as Judah let the door close behind him.

"Well..." Harkin's gaze fell onto Thess before it jumped back to the surroundings. "The notorious Thessa Dashiell traversing the dangerous voids of parenting. Scared? Terrified? Excited?" There was a tone of sincerity in the man's voice. And in a slightly lower voice he included, "Hell, I was..." An alarmed look struck his face after hearing his own words. Stumbling he tried to change the subject before she even answered. "This looks like a good neighborhood to start a family." Doing his best to avoid her eyes he continued to keep watch.

Wary gaze followed Judah as he disappeared. Speaking of it not being safe for anyone going off alone….

Harumph.

Dashiell? She coughed in surprise. “Not Dashiell quite yet…” Iced-azure gaze quickly panned to Harkin as she caught the sincerity in his tone regarding motherhood. Blaster wielding hand lowered to her side. “All of the above,” she whispered quietly. “And can we add ‘not ready?’” She paused a beat, eyes scanning the area over Harkin’s shoulder.

Gaze softened and she stepped in front of Kane, her fingertips brushing against his forearm. “Hey, you alright? Does this have to do with the woman you were talking to, earlier?”

Of course by earlier, she meant back when they first met on Smuggler’s moon.

@[member="Harkin Kane"]

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Harkin smiled as she related to his list of symptoms. She will be a wonderful mother, but damn will she race a stubborn child. What she said next brought the man's eye to meet her own.

Thessa Kai said:
“Hey, you alright? Does this have to do with the woman you were talking to, earlier?”

"You uh, you heard that huh?" He bit at his lip trying to pick his words carefully. "It's a little late for the I'm not crazy bit isn't it?" He forced an uneasy smile. There was a lump forming fast in his throat, but damned if he was going to have this conversation now. 'Hurry the hell up Judah!' Organizing his thoughts best he could, he began with an uneasy cough. "Her name is... was... Her name was Naomi." Harkin was staring a hard hole through the ground as he pondered on his past. "She was the most cynical, sarcastic woman I had ever met. And stubborn, lemme tell ya there never was a more stubborn woman." Harkin couldn't help but smile looking back on it all. He brought his gaze back to @[member="Thessa Kai"]. "Youl'da hated er. Your both so much a like. And she shined brighter than every star there is. I married that girl ya know..." The smile had dropped instantly and the man felt his stomach begin to throb. He hadn't ever talked about his past with anyone before, but then again, when in the hell did he ever have someone to listen.

The ancient warehouse was expansive and dimly lit inside, yet fairly decent compared to the outside streets. An equally ancient droid manned a type of quasi-reception area, dim photoreceptors angling towards the shaggy salvager. It seemed to size him up, or try to place why a stranger was essentially coming in off the streets. Judah took in his location before speaking up.

"Heard a guy named Kras might have some droids for sale. Old ones."

As if on cue, a burly Barabel appeared from the back. The lizard didn't look very pleased...then again...it was a lizard. None of them ever looked happy and when they did the rows of teeth set in a smile never put one in a good mood. Following the Barabel to the back, an expansive workshop was exposed, smaller creatures set to work on various droids. Essentially a sweat shop, or indentured servant like program. Neither sat well with him at all. Immediately, boots stopped moving.

"I don't buy from slavers."

Well that did it. Next thing he knew fist connected with the side of his head. A little dazed, more Barabels had shown up. Probably cronies of Kras. Picking up a wrench off to his right side -- the side with the eye he could still see out of -- Judah swung back and connected with the barabel. Or one of them. There were quite a few. Before he knew it, Judah was running out of the warehouse and back to Thessa and Harkin.

"Lets go. We gotta go now.Pack of angry lizards approaching."

“Wait a minute, you think I’m stubborn as all get out and cynical and sarcastic,” to break the tension and ease the moment for Harkin, her gentle voice left the corners of slightly upturned lips. Working on instinct and one never to be shy, she closed the distance between herself and the surly bounty hunter and wrapped her arms around him in a solid bear-hug.

“Judah and I are here for you, you know that, right? You ever want to talk more about Naomi…” a running and hollering Judah interrupted the moment and she released Harkin, worry crossing her features as she fell in step with him, glancing back toward the way he came from.

“Shoulda let me do the negotiating, sweetheart,” winking, she made it clear she was joking. Pausing, she raised her blaster and fired off a stun bolt toward the first barabel. “Go, I’ll cover you guys!”

Judah was carrying the x-wing parts, after all.

Harkin Kane

Back In The Saddle
Harkin smiled at Thessa's attempt at humor, and the hug caught him tremendously off guard. He brought his arms around hers, "Thanks kiddo."

The heart warming moment was soon interrupted as the doors swung open to reveal a worried Judah.
Judah Dashiell said:
"Lets go. We gotta go now.Pack of angry lizards approaching."

Thessa Kai said:
“Shoulda let me do the negotiating, sweetheart,”
"You've got such a way with words ya know!" Harkin smiled after the man as he passed. pulling his carbine from his shoulder he fired a round back into the building.

Thessa Kai said:
“Go, I’ll cover you guys!”
Giving Judah time to get clear Harkin flicked a switch on the butt of the rifle. "No need." Harkin launched a frag towards upward towards the metal siding of the warehouse. With a small round of fire works the face of the building came tumbling down both outside and inside the mouth of the building rendering the front door useless. "That'll buy us some time" He said laughing at the chaos. It was nice blowing something up even if it was an over reaction to the situation. They had undoubtedly went from a group of angry lizards to a flock of pissed off and vengeance seeking lizards. And to think they had been on the planet for only a few hours! As the clanking of metal ceased, the slavers could be heard recovering and plotting from the other side. "Uh, we should go now." Harkin looked back towards the group a bit apologetically.

@[member="Judah Dashiell"] @[member="Thessa Kai"]

Judah was about to protest that it wasn't time for flirty quips or dashing heroics. That was until Kane decided explosive weaponry was the way to go in this situation, which seemed about right when a pack of lizards was out for blood. Sliding to a stop with Thessa and Harkin, he nodded in regards to a quick escape and regretted it. Lizards packed an extreme punch, hopefully there wouldn't be a black eye later on as reminder of his stupidity.

Shifting the heavy X-Wing parts on his back, Judah took Thessa's hand. No way was her letting her stay and have it out.

"Lets go. Angry lizards, remember?"

Judah tugged at her hand and nodded to Harkin to follow them out, this time taking an ancient stairwell rather than the ancient lift.

@[member="Judah Dashiell"] @[member="Harkin Kane"]

Harkin Kane and explosions...

A light bulb went off figuratively in the mermaid's head.

"Hark-I have a friend that enjoys explosions as much as you do," lungs burned as she sucked in precious oxygen, her pace slowing as she struggled to keep up with the boys. Hand slipped free from Judah's as she grabbed the railing for support. She didn't need to have Judah sprawling down some rickety stairwell on her conscience too. "Name's Delila Castillon. Remind me to introduce you," another few more deep breaths, "to her once we..." more inhales, "get out of this."

And, she left it at that. The man just told her about his deceased wife and she made it clear she wasn't trying to push any romantic interest. She just knew they would hit it off as friends. And if things developed beyond that...well, that was out of her hands.

A roar blasted from below and the stairwell seemed to buck from the weight of the angry barabels charging up. Unfortunately, she didn't see the slick spot from who knows what kind of fluid on the next step. Her foot hit it solidly about the same time the stairs bucked and vibrated from the lizards below. Her weight tipped backward.

Oh, chit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom