Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No More Gazing Across The Wasted Years

Connor stayed still, head lolling on the damp bank with his hair plastered down his face as she wrestled him up onto the side, she still sodden in the lake. He tried….he did try so hard….but his mouth curled up into a smile and he cursed himself for giving in so easily.

"Damn water birds," he blinked his eyes open and looked to her.

He grinned and burst out laughing.

Her face….yes, it was cruel…but he hadn’t laughed like this for….well, a long time.

[member="Kyra Sol"]

When he was finally free from the water, Kyra rolled him onto his side and tried to quell the panic which had fogged her mind. What did one do in such a situation? What could she do? There was no way that she could deal with losing him, especially not after forcing him into the situation which caused it.

Her worries it seemed were misplaced however, when the damn idiot began to laugh where he lay. Poking fun yet again.

She drove her fist into his shoulder, clearly unimpressed, and rose to move away from him. "You are a jerk, Connor Harrison!" she yelled, her heart still beating frantically. "How could you? I thought... I thought..."

Biting back tears, she allowed just one small whimper to break through before sitting on the bank several feet from him. That was cruel, so very cruel.

"I thought you were gone. I can't imagine a Galaxy without you... Don't ever do that to me again."

[member="Connor Harrison"]

"Ha…ow!" Connor laughed, rubbing his shoulder and sitting up.

He brushed his hair back and wiped down his face, kneeling up and looking at her.

"I’m not going anywhere, silly. I’ve survived a lot more than water birds, and it’ll take a lot more than water birds to finish me off!"

In all her fear and worry, he couldn’t help adore her and her naivety of things.

"Sorry, Kai. Just learn to relax a little, and not to be so literal. People will joke, and tease, and push you…but they do it out of affection and friendship. I meant nothing by it. Ok?"

He glanced up at the blue sky.

"And I told you, I’ll always be here for you."

[member="Kyra Sol"]

She was somewhat annoyed with the way he mocked her, calling them water birds. She'd like to see him make sense of something he'd never seen before! Hmph. But her temper soon dispersed, and she turned her head to look his way. He was knelt just a short way from her, staring up at the blue abyss that was the sky. How odd to think that beyond that was a dark void.

"I know" she finally confessed, when her heart race had finally slowed to its regular state. Her eyes fell to the water, and she watched the weird little fish things swim around.

"Hey, Connor?" she said out of nowhere, after a solid few minutes of silence had stretched between them. "Will you teach me something? Anything..." Okay that was a weird request, perhaps she ought to specify. "I still don't completely believe that I can walk your path, I'd like to know that what I've done until now wasn't simply a fluke... Does that make sense? Ugh... I probably sound silly as always, huh?"

[member="Connor Harrison"]

Connor played with the grass under his fingers, looking at her mulling over life. He nodded at her question.

"Of course I will. There is more to our friendship than just playing games and seeing water birds. I said I would help you, and I will."

With a final run of fingers through the grass, he rolled over and stood by the bank.

"I know you can be a Jedi. However you do it, that's your choice. But I believe in you. What do you want to learn."

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom