Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction [NJO + Jedi] Our First Steps

Another one? If Kass had a credit for every out-of-time Jedi she'd met, she'd have two credits. Which wasn't much, but it was weird that it happened twice. Still, it was undeniably intriguing, and Katarine could prove an invaluable source for researchers. She could provide a first-person perspective of an era of history!

"The Rebellion?" Kass echoed, intrigued. "Forgive my curiosity, but it was my understanding that Jedi during that period were very rare. Were you a survivor of the Purge?"

Katarine Ryiah Katarine Ryiah

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43_1.jpg

Coruscant Temple
div-purple.png
Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Katarine Ryiah Katarine Ryiah Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau BB-610 BB-610
Open!

"The force is a strength of course, but every Jedi worth their salt has a tool kit."

Vera smirked, "You should tell Mom that," she said with a grin of mischief before it was time to greet another Padawan. Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau seemed like she wasn't quite as new here, but Vera was eager to meet all of her fellow Padawans. Maybe she could make new friends or train together! Though, her attention drifted away again when she heard the familiar sound of servos coming her way.

She wouldn't ever miss BB-610 BB-610 approaching.

"Bee!" she exclaimed loudly, while she crouched down and hugged herself around his chassis. It was nice to meet new faces, but familiar ones like Jasper had helped her feel welcome too. Now, she was able to enjoy her own family coming to support her first day as a Jedi Padawan, too!

"Come on, Aris. Bee wants to take a picture, and please try to smile this time. It'd make Mom happy~" she teased, before she flung an arm around his shoulders and flashed Bee a toothy grin. Then, she looked back at Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau and just offered a smile. Vera felt just a little shy talking to an older Padawan, but she was clearly eager to get to know her.

yY25iSp.png
Ship: The Red Night
Weapons:
Training Saber
Tag: Vera Noble Vera Noble Aris Noble Aris Noble Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau BB-610 BB-610

The kids were in good hands. Far better hands than he was in—which to say either none, or his own. Both were terrible choices for his wellbeing, and training. But, for the moment, Gatz could be content in knowing that Aris and Vera were going to be just fine. Not that he'd expected otherwise. Who wouldn't be welcoming to the son and daughter of the Sword and Shield?

And they were already starting to make new friends. Far be it from Gatz to be the stodgy old man who stopped them from doing that. So, with a tired smile on his face, he stepped away from the group to let the Noble scions get acquainted with their fellow Padawans.

He'd keep an eye on them, if only for Valery and Kahlil. But here, on the very steps of the Jedi Temple, they were as safe as can be. Especially with a Jedi Council member within five feet of them. Gatz would double check and make sure they settled in later, but for now it was better to let them have their little meet and greet.

"Alright, I've gotta run. I'll be by later to make sure you two settled into your rooms alright," Gatz had decided that was his responsibility, as potentially the oldest Padawan in the Temple, "Vera, don't do anything I would do. Aris, make sure she doesn't do anything I would do."

GADividerWhite.png

Tags: Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla

Katarine felt her face fall slightly but hoped it wasn't too noticeable. The purge was difficult to talk about. She had felt the deaths of so many all so close together. She had lost friends, colleagues, and good people who wanted to serve the people of the galaxy. It was a terrible moment of history and Katarine had felt certain it might mean the end of the Jedi as a whole. She had been surprised when she saw that the Jedi returned, and were now a robust presence in the galaxy. it helped to mend the horrors of the past, though nothing could totally diminish them.

"I was one of the lucky ones." She answered sadly and nodded. "There were a few of us that went into hiding. Some served the Rebellion but kept their identities a secret."

Outfit: Jedi Attire
Equipment: Lightsaber, Nightsister energy bow
Companion: Grisial
Tags: Zan Krytle Zan Krytle | Nir Si Nir Si

"Grisial, you need to calm down, I know you are excited to be roaming around the temple again but I can't have you hyper." Dreidi groaned as the Vulptex was basically all but bouncing off the walls in the anticipation of roaming the Jedi Temple on Coruscant again. They had been away from the temple for several months now, exploring the Magicks that existed in the galaxy and Dreidi was spending that time developing her skills as well. Building her strength in her Magicks was never easy, they were tied to emotions and that was a slippery slope to the Dark Side.

Demonstrated by the Nightsisters and their focus on darkness and sometimes cruel, evil actions.

The Jedi was spurned by demonstrating a Witch of Dathomir could do good, would do good. Slowly pushing her skills as hard as she could. Grisial had been her only company throughout the journey so she was relieved to talk with other humanoids and people that weren't mentally linked to her. Wandering through the temple, she had learnt that the eldest two Nobles were advancing to Jedi Padawans. It was a big step and Dreidi knew they would do well, it was rare to see those born into the Jedi life fail to prove themselves.

Grisial was excited to meet Vera again, they had fun previously and he was keen to play some more. So, Dreidi let him lead the way and spotted the two new Padawans, surrounded by others congratulating them and greeting the latest Padawans to the Order. While Grisial snaked his way over to Vera Noble Vera Noble to say hi, Dreidi noted other Padawans that were beginning to spar.

That was something always interesting to watch and Dreidi was keen to see what skills this latest generation of Padawans had.

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43_1.jpg

Corsucant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Vera Noble Vera Noble , Aris Noble Aris Noble , Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau , Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar , BB-610 BB-610

shield_core_divider_NEW.png

“Ah, well-you see I was getting some fresh air- And later I figured I could visit the sparring and training rooms,”

"Very well then," Jasper nodded. "You know, perhaps your training would benefit from a change of scenery. There are a fair number of satelite academies that you could visit if you're finding the air on Coruscant to not be as fresh as you would have liked."

It was an important part of the learning process as well. Travel was a thing that all Jedi had to do at some point. When looking to maintain balance in the galaxy, it was best to understand it. As he thought, a familiar astromech rolled up to greet them, prompting a warm smile to spread across Jasper's face.

"Hey there, Bee," he greeted. "Good to see ya."

"Come on, Aris. Bee wants to take a picture, and please try to smile this time. It'd make Mom happy~"

Jasper couldn't help but snicker. Banter between siblings was a really special thing. He couldn't help but think of his own brother and the bond they shared. Of course, Jalen was a great deal younger than him. The knight couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like to grow up with a sibling, rather than have a childhood on his own. Families were such a confusing thing. He always felt like he was on the outside looking in, trying to understand something alien.

He'd figure it all out one day.

"You guys have fun getting yourselves a day one pic," he stated with a half-salute of his mechanical arm. "I've got business to attend to. You know where to find me if you need me."

And with that he was off. They'd surely want to get to their day and meet other folks.

Exit

Kass could tell she had hit a nerve. That wasn't her intention, but perhaps she should have been more considerate and reined in her curiosity.

"I see," she said. "I'm sorry for your loss. It was one of the darkest moments of our history." Not wanting to dwell on it too much, she tried to change the subject. "How have you been faring since your arrival here?"

Ariana Du Couteau, Jedi Padawan
Outfit (No Right Arm)

JiGZUcY.png
Ariana wanted to sigh in relief, clearly her assignments haven’t been reported overdue yet. She instead kept her smile frozen on her face as she nodded happily to Knight Kai’el’s words. It was actually very rare of her to actually visit any Jedi Temples outside of the Coruscant Temple. I guess I shouldn't always just travel back to Teta and not visit the rest of Alliance Space, especially with how many Jedi Temples there are to explore. . .

“I’ll be sure to investigate other Temples and make the proper arrangements to visit.” Ariana responded.

Her eyes went back to Padawan Noble, the young girl smiled at her and Ariana gave a warm smile and a wave. The whole scene in front of her pulled at her heart-strings, it was all quite wholesome of how the new Padawans were shown support. This is what the Jedi are and hopefully will continue to be. . . Their journey would include a very large family of friends, all wishing the best for one another.

Ariana took a few steps back as more people began to show up and greet the newly arrived Padawans. Their group photo will be quite large no doubt. She looked around for her data-slate and figured it best to check up on the sparring rooms and see how booked they were. Even though I do notice quite a few open mediation chambers just waiting for me. . . Procrastination struck again, but a thought did creep into Ariana’s mind. Perhaps she should visit different Temples to help with her lack of motivation for her Padawan training assignments.

“I guess I really should get started on my lessons. . . “ Ariana muttered to herself, her left hand scratching the back of her head.
I guess I can only practice my Left Jab so many times.

GADividerWhite.png

“It’s been well. Master Noble has been very welcoming and has been helping me find my place. I haven’t met many other Jedi yet but just seeing them wander the halls, seeing the dormitories, it’s wonderful. Such a Jedi presence I never would have imagined again. “

She truly was happy to be here even if the circumstances were a little weird.

“Master I am curious. Do the Jedi still recruit children? Do they train older individuals? Is it all families now?”

Back in Katarine’s day attachments had been forbidden, so she was interested to learn how people joined the Jedi now. She wanted to ask Kassogtha how she had joined, but that might be too personal.

GADividerPurple.png

Aris grumbled, just a little. Pictures weren't his favorite thing, but he'd at least smile for it. Vera was right, it'd make mom smile. So.. He'd smile for the picture. But then just as quickly try to find his way towards somewhere else. People were leaving, things were quieting down, so why not take a moment to do some exploring? He glanced briefly over his shoulder to the sword that hung from his back.

When he got taller, Seszil would end up on his hip. But for now, his back would have to do.

"What do you think so far?"

"It's calm, young master. There will be many people for you to talk to, when you feel up to talking at least." Even Seszil knew how much of an introvert Aris could be. Aris just sighed before slipping into a training room. Where better to at least meditate, perhaps even start a little spar with Seszil again?

"Vera will be here shortly, I imagine."

"I hope so, but I do want to give her some space to speak to people on her own without me holding her back."

Vera Noble Vera Noble | Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau | Nir Si Nir Si | Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Kass' many mouths smiled. "There are many more Jedi Enclaves scattered throughout the galaxy. I can provide you with a list of them, if you are interested."

“Master I am curious. Do the Jedi still recruit children? Do they train older individuals? Is it all families now?”

"It depends on the circumstances," Kass replied. "Most of the Jedi today start their training as younglings, as has been done since the beginning. But some may begin at a later age, or even as adults. The restrictions on attachments such as marriage are considerably relaxed, and have been since the time of Luke Skywalker, so there has been an increase in Jedi families. I myself am married with three children, though none of them became Jedi."

Her tentacles undulated thoughtfully. "I assume you have noticed the hubbub over the Noble children. They are both very young, and no doubt under a great deal of pressure due to their lineage. But they may decide to follow other paths than that of the Jedi. The important thing, I think, is that they and all other members of the Order choose to be here, and are not simply Jedi because it's all that they have ever known."

"I would love to see a list of enclaves."
Katarine was interested in learning more about the current state of the Jedi Order.

She listened as the alien Jedi told of her family, how Jedi children were selected, and how the Jedi of today followed different paths. It all seemed very progressive to Katarine, but not in a bad way. She had always hated taking children away from families simply because they were Force sensitive.

"I did hear the Noble children were starting their journeys as padawans today." The thought made her smile but she started to wonder what ever had become of her own family? She had a twin brother after all. Maybe she would try to search the archives to see.

“I never knew there could be so many. I hope they are all affiliated together? So the Jedi can present a united front?”

"For the most part, yes. There have been occasions of conflict between enclaves, though these are typically resolved quickly and without bloodshed." Kass was old enough to remember the Elder Compact and NJO war crimes scandals, but neither of those had resulted in anything more than passionate arguments and, unfortunately, one student's violence toward Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill , whom she believed had already left the Order by that point.

A Padawan approached with the frantic, slightly panicked look in his eyes denoting a research project due soon. "Well, I'm afraid I must return to my duties. You are always welcome here, Katarine, whether you're looking for something to read or just to stop by for a chat."

b66qcMh.png

DYnZ0fN.png

“Thank you so much for this information Master Cthylla. I will make sure to return these resources soon. “

Katarine collected everything in her hands and decided she would go back to her room for now. Maybe after she deposited her stuff she would meet the new padawans. For now she wanted to let them have time with their friends.

The Nautolan boy's large black eyes widened ever so more in reaction to Nir Si's roundhouse kick. He instinctively stepped back, giving the other room to strike and move without him invading the other's personal training area. He seemed to deliver a smirk thereafter and began to answer following the other's rather short verbal exchange with the droid.

"I guess we have just missed each other in study and training. I've been here for as long as I can remember," though as he said this he could recall very vague memories that drew upon his consciousness in blurred and muffled interactions with his parents - of his homeworld and people. It was something that he could not evade at times, though at this point it had not impacted him greatly.

As he ignited the training saber, its hum resounding after a brief burst of a buzz at its activation, he would spin it about almost as though to show off some degree of finesse with the tool. He could feel eyes upon him, and his awareness drew from just them two to the surroundings. It was a murky connection, but one which aided him to a degree. Nevertheless, his attention remained on the other.

"My name is Zan by the way. What's yours?" As he engaged in some light movements to stretch his body into a more limber form, he could feel his body invigorated and fresh from the meditation. His weight was light, and his strikes were crisp in his mind. He wondered with all the activity about, was there a master present looking to find someone to tutor in the ways of the Jedi?

Nir Si Nir Si | Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Last edited:
Zan Kyrtle gave a faint nod as they introduced themselves, and he was curious what sort of name such an entity would have. He had encountered only a few Cathar in his time, if at all. These were mostly ones he had never spoken to, masters or knights passing through the temple on business. He wasn't the type to approach one without needing a question answered. That being said, he knew little about the species of humanoid. The name was interesting, though he realized his might be just as much.

The other would disengage the lightsaber allowing it's length to retract back into the metalloid hilt. Meanwhile, the Nautolan boy would listen to the other and provide a lifted eye and a skeptical look overall.

"Night clubs and bars? Haha, I don't think they would even let me in..."

He wasn't sure of the other's age, but even if Zan were inclined to visit such a place, he would need an adult supervisor like a mentoring jedi for him to enter. Nevertheless, he was curious to know what the other meant.

"I didn't know the jedi were allowed to do stuff like that...Like, in a band?"

It didn't seem jedi-like to the teen, but then again - what did Zan know of being a jedi? He was far from becoming one himself, and perhaps more likely to be sent to the farms to help plants grow for the rest of his life.

Nir Si Nir Si

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom