Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction [NJO] Have yourself a merry little Sithmas!

We will either find a way, or make one.
I learned from my mother and father, but I am not them!
jedi_master_male___concept_design_by_ron_faure_dao0fwq-414w-2x.jpg

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]
SECTOR: Coruscant - Jedi Temple - Underground Training Room A3a
MISSION: Chasin’ muh’ dawg
TAGS: Master Jake Judah Master Jake Judah / Valery Noble Valery Noble / Kahlil Noble

At the request of a volunteer, Connell looked to the two Masters for a moment. They were busy watching their kids, so he thought about it for a half moment. Buster seemed to find a cohort… er partner in crime, uh co-defendant… ugh “Running Buddy”. So he looked to be okay for the moment, and the door was closed, so the Knight raised his right hand, thumb and two fingers mainly.

Would a Knight do?

Father taught him his custom form, as well as Soresu, and Djem So, that gave him plenty of experience for this. When the young Noble spoke out of turn, he didn’t look her way, not his place, even though she had a good answer to give. He personally would wait until the moment that the attacker committed to their move and then go for a counter or defense. This was for the Padawans though, and while he would parlay in a good and stimulating exercise, it was not for him.

It’s funny how the mind works sometimes though as his left hand (the saber hand) was going through the motions of certain defenses he had been taught in the past.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Underground Training Facilities

Gratified to get a volunteer so that he could continue the lessons, Jake waved Connell forward, smiling. So, this was Master Vanagor's boy. Jake wondered if the son was the father, but he'd find out another time. When Connell approached, Jake leaned over to speak quietly into the young man's ear.

"I appreciate the assistance. This will probably be easy level for you, so do me a favor and play along, so that we can demonstrate a few simple movements to the younglings. Later, if you wish, i'll take time to give you some personal instruction at a more advanced level."

Jake figured a knight wouldn't find too much new to take away from today's lessons, but it helped the young padawans to see that a more senior Jedi was taking part. He hoped the Masters Noble noticed that Connell was taking the time to participate and help the young ones. He wasn't sure himself that he had much to teach a kid whose father had no doubt passed on his own skills and experiences, but he made the offer.

Moving slowly and unevenly to his mark, away from Connell, Jake turned to face the Knight.

"Come at me with an overhand strike at my head please." Jake stood leaning on his walking stick, no training saber to hand, smiling pleasantly. He didn't bother to look and ensure the Padawans were paying attention. If they were not, he would soon see how they practiced the technique themselves...

Saria Rae Saria Rae Katherine Holt Katherine Holt Braze Braze Kina Ropal Kina Ropal Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor Mago Leomax Mago Leomax Ryana mina Ryana mina Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble R'Ruug R'Ruug

Tag: Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor Master Jake Judah Master Jake Judah Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Ryana stood there watching master Judah showing the class his lessons and listening to his instruction as she held her training Saber awaiting instructions. Watching everything happening the young lethan twilek was glad pip was mostly chilling and not being a menace as she eagerly watched and absorbed all the information she could.

Pip began chasing buster around playing chase with him as pip caught buster pip play fought with buster. Ryana was glad pip found a friend that could match his energy for a bit.

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]
SECTOR:
Coruscant - Jedi Temple - Underground Training Room A3a
MISSION: Learning
TAGS: @Saria Rae / @Katherine Holt / @Braze / @Kina Ropal / @Mago Leomax / @Ryana mina / @Valery Nobl /@Kahlil Noble / @R'Ruug

One of the traits that Connell does not mind sharing with his father (not that he disliked sharing others) is humility. There are those who think of the word “cocksure” or “arrogant” when they hear the name “Vanagor.” There are others who hear the name and think of other more legendary tales and beliefs. To tell the truth, if you knew his father, you would know a man who wanted nothing more than (when not performing his duties) to sit by a fire and just enjoy the company of friends. Anyone who knew Connell would know a nice, quiet individual still trying to find his own way in the galaxy. So when a Master comes up and assumes he would have nothing to learn in a class like this, he took it for what it was, a compliment, but it still made him feel uncomfortable.

My father taught me to believe that we always have something to learn, so, what you have to offer, I am appreciative to take in. He DID teach Connell this, but it was mother who told him “Show me a person who has nothing to learn, I will show you a person who is one with the Force.” Connell was more than happy to play along, especially at the thought of learning something. He wanted to see Master Judah’s interpretation of the lightsaber forms.

When learning the man’s wish, Connell slowed his mind down and thought for a moment? Make it look like he was seasoned? Or raw? Why not both? Djem So’s basis is raw emotion, aggression, and power, using all of this to your advantage. There is an overhead slash that is usually followed up by diagonal downward slashes to the right and left side, repeating in a chain pattern. He did not need the chain, or “Chopping the tree” as it was called, just the initial cut.

Hearing Pip and Buster playing seemed to bring Connell out of his trance and so… running at the leaning Master, Connell brought the training saber over his head. He was fully in control of what he was doing, but wanted it to look just the opposite. This was for the benefit of the Padawans as no doubt Master Judah would see right through it. Now all that was left was to see what the old man with the stick had to show.

I’m excited.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Underground Training Facilities

Connell comported himself well, though this was a simple training exercise, he didn't show flippancy or a lack of self discipline, and Jake appreciated his volunteering. Form hardly mattered with such a simple and basic attack movement, but it was known that Form V in particular utilized powerful strikes, especially the overhand blow.

When the Knight raised his arms high, Jake moved fast. He left his walking stick behind and came right at Connell, hands splayed, and caught the young man under each bicep. Jake held them both there gently but firmly, making eye contact with the young Jedi. He spoke to the gathered students.

"A simple enough counter, but one that can be used even without a weapon of your own. From this position he is unable to strike me, and i have him off balance, his arms out of position. You must be quick, but you can intercept a strike unarmed in this fashion. It is also a good way to take control of an individual you are trying not to hurt, as you retain the ability to hold them in place, or simply keep their weapon out of an equation."

Jake then released Connell and stepped back, arms coming back to his sides. He nodded gratitude to the Knight, then hobbled back over to collect his fallen walking stick. Bending gingerly, he collected it and rose back to his feet.

"I am not advocating that you drop your weapon to use that particular technique, but I would like you to keep it in mind for situations where it might be useful. Now, we will work on some lightsaber techniques."

He looked from the students to his assistant Knight in this demonstration. Connell looked ready and eager. Good. Jake hobbled to where he'd left his training saber, and traded his walking stick for it, before limping slightly back to his place on the floor facing the young Knight.

"Connell will come at me now, and I will demonstrate simple defensive technique." Jake ignited his training blade and held it at the ready. Now that he'd given instructions, the old man without the stick was focused on the demonstration. If Connell did not immediately advance and attack, Jake would close the distance, slowly but surely, to attempt to pressure him into attack, but keeping his blade in his good right hand, right foot forward.

What he wished to show the assembled students was not any particular lightsaber form, though the defensive Soresu form was very similar, and certainly the same in intent. One on one training or practice droids was for learning forms and positioning. Today was to learn some simple and perhaps unknown techniques that could contribute to the learning and advancment of any student, whatever their particular form.

His intent here was twofold. By placing his right side toward Connell his physical impairments would be facing away. That was simply not wishing to fail to demonstrate the blocking technique. The second and main intent was to show a simple inward to outward blocking approach that focused on diverting rather than meeting an attack.

Saria Rae Saria Rae Katherine Holt Katherine Holt Braze Braze Kina Ropal Kina Ropal Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor Mago Leomax Mago Leomax Ryana mina Ryana mina Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble R'Ruug R'Ruug

Ariana Du Couteau, Jedi Padawan
Ligthsaber Training Class, Jedi Temple, Coruscant
Outfit (No Right Arm)

JiGZUcY.png
Ariana hadn’t always minded saber training, of course most of it all was handled by private tutors back on Empress Teta under father’s supervision. And literal sabers, not lightsabers. But even with that advantage, her swordsmanship was truly much to be desired in nearly all regards. She wasn’t at all oblivious to that fact as she stood with other Padawans and Jedi inside a training room..

It was actually a sore spot in Ariana’s training schedule, her mind often wandered off during the lessons and continued to practice with her martial arts training over her saber. Regardless, she at least made the effort of attending a lightsaber training class, which should count for something in her mind. Ariana waited as Master Judah began his introduction and instruction as he explained how he would be showcasing his teachings to the rest of the class.

Which is quite a varied class indeed. Ariana didn’t think other Masters would attend, but she silently hoped that they wouldn’t be inspecting to see who had shirked on their training. Next thing I need is another Master poking me about my lessons and training. Ariana was a tad thankful that Master Judah asked for a non-padawan to be the live example, and she looked on with relaxed shoulders. It was a bit difficult to focus with a few distractions around her, a few of the Jedi and Padawans had brought along their pets, and it took much of her will-power to approach them with petting intent. Focus on the class Ariana Du Couteau, focus.

The technique was sound and simple enough to understand, it was one that Ariana used before during her unarmed training. It's a little difficult now though. Ariana figured that she could probably still use her left hand much in the same way, but it was quite bothersome to hold off to arms with only one. Unless I punch instead of attempting a grab, a good solid punch up a bicep would hurt plenty. Ariana mused but quickly shook her head, an attempt to refocus herself back to the present.
Lightsaber training, remember, Lightsaber no fist.
Vy2NTqS.png
|| Master Jake Judah Master Jake Judah | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor | Kina Ropal Kina Ropal | Mago Leomax Mago Leomax | Braze Braze | R'Ruug R'Ruug | Ryana mina Ryana mina | Katherine Holt Katherine Holt | Saria Rae Saria Rae ||

wb1.png

Saria Rae Saria Rae Katherine Holt Katherine Holt Kina Ropal Kina Ropal Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor Mago Leomax Mago Leomax Ryana mina Ryana mina Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble R'Ruug R'Ruug Master Jake Judah Master Jake Judah
alexboarder.png
Braze's gaze was fixed intently on the scene unfolding before him. The training he observed was less about swordplay and more focused on hand-to-hand combat and self-defense techniques. While this wasn't exactly what he had envisioned when he thought of a 'strong overhead attack,' he recognized the value in learning these methods.

As he watched, Braze began to understand the essence of the training. It wasn't just about brute force; it was about the art of parrying effectively to create an opening for a riposte. He noted the setups, the positioning, and the maneuvers required for such instances.

Braze absorbed the details, understanding that the principles were universally valuable. The idea of waiting, watching, and then striking at the opportune moment was a strategy that could be adapted to various forms of combat, including with a lightsaber.

Curiously he looked to the other padawan learners curious to see who they would take to this technique.

Watching mutely, R'Ruug tried his hardest to translate what was being shown and said into something more... manageable, for him to understand.

So... when they try to hit you... you can grab their arms... before they hit you...

The tall Whiphid nodded thoughtfully to himself, the perfect image of a scholar. He added that information to what he'd picked up so far about lightsabers, right alongside 'swing all over the place' and 'swing fast'. Childishly simple basics, but they had already won the strong young Jedi a few spars.

He continued watching, noticing the Master's slight limp, and frowning a little. Was he hurt?

SECTOR:
Coruscant - Jedi Temple - Underground Training Room A3a
MISSION: Learning
TAGS: @Saria Rae / @Katherine Holt / @Braze / @Kina Ropal / @Mago Leomax / @Ryana mina / @Valery Nobl /@Kahlil Noble / @R'Ruug

Coming at the instructor, Connell expected to be blocked, or sidestepped, what happened threw him, so his reaction indeed looked that much more legitimate. It was an interesting technique that he felt bad for thinking that Judah was not capable of utilizing in his status of health. Though that is something he was all to happy to be reminded, to never underestimate.

Was that “Broken Gate”? Broken Gate, the “Jedi Martial Art” was utilized primarily with joint manipulation and locking as well as submissions with ground maneuvers. Either way, it was effective as the young Knight did try to move and strike, not to hurt Master Judah, but to prove his point. Instinctively when released, Connell dropped to a wide stance, pivoting to face the instructor with the training saber in his back hand. Then a feeling of silliness rushed over him as the older man moved back to his cane.

Quietly he listened to the method in which Judah taught, it was simplistic and easy to follow, That was good and he appreciated the approach, it would be something he himself could use whenever he would teach a Padawan of his own. Of course as he was paying a little too much attention, he noticed that the old man with the stick moved towards him. Time to do something a little more interesting. Something wild and raw. Judah would get what he was doing, and probably so would the Masters Noble, but his own intent in this move against the instructor was to look like an angry Sith charging inward.

Try and make it look like it would in the field. Something his father would do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom