Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private NJO Council Meeting — Mandalorian Onslaught

Yoda-stands-in-an-empty-Jedi-Council-room-looking-out-the-window..jpg

Council Chambers
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Amani Serys Amani Serys Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka

Valery's grip on the hilt of her lightsaber tightened, as she silently stared down at it from within her seat. The curved design was made of Beskar, and crafted by Shai Maji Shai Maji , one of the best Mandalorian warriors the Enclave has. It had been a gift to Valery after she had spent time training with the Mandalorians, both to learn and improve herself, and as a way to keep the relationship between the Alliance and Enclave as strong as possible. It had been necessary during the war with the Maw, but now that they no longer fought side by side, it seemed as if something had changed.

The Mandalorians had become far more aggressive than they already were.

"We've received numerous reports from Rishi about the Enclave's actions there. Diplomatic attempts were made, but we've picked up on horrific crimes that were committed against the people of Rishi as well," Valery began to open the emergency meeting she had called the other Council Members into. "During the war, I worked hard to keep our relationship strong, but what they're doing now is unacceptable." Some of the victims on Rishi had been burned alive, even while negotiations were still ongoing.

The report each Council had covered a variety of details on it.

"With the Sith threat, this couldn't have happened at a worse time either," Valery said with a deep sigh. "Because of my connections there, I propose that I take a few Jedi to seek them out, and hopefully prevent this from escalating. But I want to hear your thoughts on the matter as well. Whatever we decide now can have an enormous impact on the future."

Kahlil_Div2.png

This wasn't good.

Kahlil idly flexed his fingers. The cybernetics that remained after his last clash with the Mandalorians that served the Maw still felt odd, even if it wasn't obvious he even had any. Those mad dogs weren't the type to think, just blow up everything in their path. But the Enclave wasn't mad. They planned. They fought well. They were smart. And for the Jedi, that made them incredibly dangerous.

"A few Jedi that might end up being attacked if they are on the war path. It can't just be anyone. They're trained to fight us, and they're good. I hope it won't lead to another war. Especially with the Sith's return to their home. And our actions could inadvertently drag the whole of the Alliance into it. Whatever we choose here for the Order, I'll be sure to reach out to Auteme Auteme . The Alliance likely already knows about this, but to many the New Jedi Order and the Alliance are still one and the same."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble , Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , Amani Serys Amani Serys , Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka

shield_core_divider.png

"I agree with Kahlil," Jasper chimed in. "We can't drag the Alliance into a three front war, not when the other side of that conflict is already the Sith. As much as I hope for a humanitarian response, especially considering the reports we've received, we can't be the reason that the Galactic Alliance goes to war with the Enclave. This is a measure that will need to be dealt with in collaboration with the Senate."

Jasper was very much pained to state such a thing, especially knowing that innocent civilians had been burned alive, pacifists no less. The Mandalorians were meant to be honorable warriors, and he had certainly met such, yet even after thousands of years they could not fight of the urge to reduce themselves to wild animals. Less than wild animals. Even predators killed their prey quickly. This was done with the intention to cause suffering.

"For now I suggest that we officially cut ties with the Enclave," he added. "We make it clear that the New Jedi Order does not stand for such acts of terror. From there we let the rest of the Alliance consider a course of action. Acting on our own here only risks putting the people we're meant to protect in the very same warpath. We cannot risk such an outcome if the GA is not prepared."

Amani studied the report emotionlessly. Not out of lack of caring, but out of lack of surprise. She remained silent, letting the others speak their piece before adding her own thoughts, "Warrior cultures like the Mandalorians inherently thrive on violence. Without it, they would be unsustainable," To them, bloodshed was synonymous with honor. But that definition was nothing more than a justification. Amani saw no honor in their history: thousands of years of warfare, conquest, even genocide. An inability to evolve past their outdated roots, "It was only a matter of time before they pulled something like this."

As tempting as she found it to confront them headlong, they had to handle matters more delicately, as the other Councilors expressed, "If the truth is even half as bad as the reports say, then I hate to call anything more 'escalation'," Amani huffed, "But I agree. War isn't our call to make, nor is it in our interests." The Chief Healer leaned forward, "At the same time, what do we really expect to come from negotiations? Do any of us here really believe the Enclave will gracefully denounce their own actions and turn themselves in for judgement?" The words were uncharacteristic coming from Amani. But she had too many poor personal encounters with Mandalorians to give them the benefit of the doubt, "If they seek further violence, they will find a way to rationalize it no matter what we do."

"At which point we would have to decide if we're comfortable letting those crimes go without justice."

Council Chambers
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Amani Serys Amani Serys

"It can very much get worse," Valery said with a frown. "Not all Mandalorians are in favor of bloody conquest like this, especially not with the terrible crimes some have committed on Rishi. But I fear that something has changed that will sweep away the ones we've been able to talk to in the past. If that happens, there won't be negotiations like the ones they started on Rishi anymore at all — it will be pure bloodshed." She sighed and clipped the beskar hilt back to her belt before looking up at the other Councilors.

"I agree that we shouldn't be the ones to initiate a war, but it will be important that we don't allow this to continue. History has a way of repeating itself, and we can't let this become a second Mandalorian Wars, where we risk even greater tension internally as well. At the same time, if we do nothing and they continue down this path, it will only be a matter of time before it's our turn to defend our homes against them."

It was not an easy situation to be in, so she hoped that the Senate wouldn't choose to just ignore this threat.

"I can't let these crimes go unpunished, so what I want to do is reach out to the contacts I have there. The ones who might not support everything we've seen happening. I don't expect to turn everything around simply by talking to them, but if we don't open dialogue at all, we'll never find a solution."

She then turned to Amani and Kahlil, "Kahlil's role puts him in a position to reach out to the Senate, but you obviously have your connections there as well," she said, her eyes shifting to Amani in particular. "Perhaps you could help with that as well? The sooner we have an update on the Senate's stance, the better."

Finally, she turned to Jasper, "Regardless of the outcome of these meetings, we can offer humanitarian help. People might flee off-world to get away from the Mandalorians, so they might need supplies or a place to temporarily live. Is that something you could facilitate?"

"Warrior cultures do not thrive on violence for its own sake."

Master San Tekka opened his eyes at last. Turmoil interrupted the elder Jedi's meditation.

"They will interpret our intervention as a challenge," he warned the others, "In confronting them directly we might hasten the threat we seek to avoid."

He frowned. Ever since Exegol the darkside clouded his visions of the future. An old man gazed back at Zark reflected in glass. How many years had it been since his lightsaber last tested beskar steel?

"Our choice was made for us on Rishi. We cannot ignore this injustice. Mandalorian honor is our only hope now, but I warn this Council. Before the Sith scoured their ancestral world the mandalorian people gladly bargained with them for war unending. Some were even Jedi killers."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"That is true. The moment the Jedi appear, the Mandalorians will strike if war is their goal. We send too many, they'll look at it as a strike. We send too few, and we risk them being overwhelmed by an attack anyway. There is no right answer."

Kahlil frowned. It did feel like their hand was forced here.

"We shouldn't respond as an attack force. I agree that humanitarian aide is the path. We should help those who were attacked and help protect those who might be in danger. We can't abandon those who need help. And if the Mandalorians strike, we shouldn't hesitate to fight."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka

"What would you call this butchery at Rishi?" Amani rejected Zark's view on the Mandalorian culture, "Or the Cathar genocide thousands of years ago?"

"This is no matter of cultural difference. This is a matter of basic moral fiber. There are good Mandalorians, I've met them. But left unchecked, as a nation, their ambition inevitably defaults to war. Every time. That is their history. And they have been given too much leeway as is."
It shouldn't have even come to this. At what point did all the murder and conflict make their return unacceptable? Amani might very well have argued millennia ago.

Valery answered Amani's prior musing literally, which made the mirialan frown. Obviously it could get worse on a grand scale. But as an individual action, it was hard to top the cruelty of their actions toward the Rishii. She sunk back in her chair, deflating. As the Chief Healer had said before, she too did not want a war, despite her rhetoric. But their options were limited. The only certain alternative would be to ignore the actions, which would be worse. Their last hope was a slim chance at diplomacy, and offering help to those who were already affected. It was always worth trying, even if Amani felt dour about their chances.

But now, her role was delegated to the influence of her husband. Between Kahlil's channel to the Senate, and Jasper overseeing humanitarian aid, Amani was feeling less like a councilor and more like a redundancy. She lifted a palm, then let it plop back down on the seat, "…Sure, Val. I'll see what I can do." The mirialan sighed.

Last edited:

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Amani Serys Amani Serys , Valery Noble Valery Noble , Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka

shield_core_divider.png

"Regardless of the outcome of these meetings, we can offer humanitarian help. People might flee off-world to get away from the Mandalorians, so they might need supplies or a place to temporarily live. Is that something you could facilitate?"

"I... can, yes," Jasper nodded with a frown.

Amani's sudden shift in attitude had sort of caught the knight off guard. He was so used to seeing her as a confident teacher figure, but he hadn't ever expected her to seem so... deflated? Maybe upset was a better word. He'd have to ask her about it afterwards. He wasn't going to assume anything, not when he could barely read emotions. This wasn't the environment to completely shift the subject.

"If I may request," he added, "I'd like the assistance of Amani for the oversight of medical treatment. I can get the equipment where it needs to be, but the specifics can get lost on me. I think that any aid we provide would greatly improved with her experienced hands." He turned, offering a warm smile. "If you'd be available, anyways. I'd appreciate the guidance."

Jasper's expression grew more serious again. The matter of war was a tricky one, especially when taking into consideration the new generation of Padawan learners. The Mandalorians would slaughter them. Even as a warrior forged in one of the most violent conflicts the galaxy had ever seen, Jasper struggled to combat them. Should any student attempt to take one on, even multiple students working in tandem, young blood was certain to be shed.

"For now, I ask we avoid any rash decisions," he implored. "We have a young generation of eager Jedi who have not yet experienced the skill and ferocity of the Mandalorian's caliber. I'm not exactly keen on sending them off to die in battles they never had a chance of winning. We need to go about this with care and precision."

He had lived in a generation that was destroyed by conflict. Jasper didn't need to watch the creation of another one. The burden should be theirs to bare, not the children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom