Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private NJO Council — War Council

eNPiFUf.png

HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Lightsabers

"Thank you all for attending today," Valery said to address her fellow Council Members. "I've prepared all the intel we have to discuss the current two threads we're having to face. The Mandalorians have weakened and instability within their own territory keeps them from lashing out. In their place, the Sith Order has launched a campaign through much of the Tingel arm, and along various hyperspace lanes in that region to attack us. The greatest threat — an army of undead they created on Odacer-Faustin — is ravaging its way through neutral worlds."

"The second threat is another group of Sith that recently attacked Onderon. I've... seen visions and the things I've seen on Onderon itself suggest a much larger problem than this single act of aggression."
She frowned at the idea that so many dangerous enemies were so close to GA territory, but there was at least something more positive to mention.

They didn't have to fight alone.

"I believe we should first discuss one and then the other, but I also want to mention one other thing. I recently traveled to Mandalore and met with the group of Mandalorians who settled there — the Mandalorian Protectors. I warned them of the imminent undead threat and helped them defend their planet against the Sith Order's attack. Their aim is to restore Mandalore and live there, and I feel confident they will not go down the same path the Enclave did. Not with what's happening around us," Valery said. There was a chance that one day, they'd pick up arms as well, but they had far greater things to worry about.

"They have shown willing and able to fight with us against these darker forces."

M977SXg.png

"That is a lot of threats all cropping up at once. Mix this with the general unrest within the Senate and I don't like where this can lead us to." Fear was something that often brought even the greatest to their knees, and he didn't think the Senate was exactly made of the greatest. "We will need a plan for the Jedi for what comes, and one that doesn't rely on the Senate. Too many have proven far too eager to delay doing what's right in favor of their own selfish desires."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka

"These are uncertain times," the old master looked troubled, "I fear the darkside once more clouds our sight."

Master Zark had not yet finished his bacta treatments after the conflict at Onderon. Burnt flesh still deep enough to scar if he kept delaying medical treatment marred a face which already bore its share. His ribs ached from being thrown into a tree on Yavin before that moon was lost to the dead. Age only prolonged this recovery as the Jedi's body took more time to heal.

"Maintaining relations with Mandalore is wise. It will force the Enclave to reconsider moving against us so openly lest they provoke another civil war."

His own experience with mandalorians challenged the assumption that you could force one to do anything but at least there was new hope for peace when the alternative might have plunged their galaxy back into conflict.

"Most hyperlanes to the Tingel Arm are now under threat," San Tekka continued, "If we don't find a way to slow this outbreak it could lead to an even greater humanitarian disaster as more worlds are cut off from the Core's assistance."

Endless air traffic kept Coruscant's skyline looking busy. It was a constant reminder to him that failure's consequences would mean unimaginable suffering. After all, the old Jedi had seen this planet burn once before. Instead of making those same mistakes the Council made new ones. Nevertheless, Zark refused to believe defeat was inevitable.

"I sensed a presence at Onderon which troubled me greatly. An echo of something I have not felt since..."

He trailed off, leaving the rest unspoken. Exegol. Those dark days brought up too many painful memories.

Last edited:

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka , Valery Noble Valery Noble , Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , Amani Serys Amani Serys

QMYkguM.png

"I sensed a presence at Onderon which troubled me greatly. An echo of something I have not felt since..."

"I'm... inclined to agree," Jasper nodded. "There's something wrong about all of this to me. My senses have never been strong, but I can't help feel that something is off. This sudden movement in the outer rim, the Black Wing virus... I... I fear this isn't what it seems..."

This seemed too direct for the Sith to him. Drawing their attention away from the heart of Alliance space and to the fringes of the galaxy. There had to be something that they just weren't seeing, but what? Something new was beginning, and the New Jedi Order was stuck in a blindfold. He could feel the serpent tightening around their throats...

But where was the head?

"Maybe I'm just paranoid..." he muttered. "Regardless, I can touch base with these Mandalorian Protectors to find a way to midigate the immediate crisis. The Shield Core has already been rushing to meet the subsistance demands of refugees, but I think we'll do better linked up with a local supply line. After the Enclave decided to throw their hammer around, I think some helmets on the right path could help change Mandalorian attitudes and ease the public on the matter of alliances... more likely our own people though. After the sudden attack, I imagine many are bitter. They didn't know the Enclave we knew in the war..."

eNPiFUf.png

HAIuSyi.png

"I've worked with the Mandalorian Protectors to at least form a defensive line against further spread of the virus towards the core. Their victory at Yavin threatens Mandalore, so regardless of differences, the Mandalorians will have to focus on it. My main concern right now is other paths into the Tingel Arm." The Core was hard to reach with Celanon secured and Mandalore in the way between Yavin and Alliance territory.

But they could spread their death and disease into other parts of the Outer Rim. The Sith Order had been fighting against local warlords there for some time now, especially since the fall of the Empire.

Where were they heading next?

"A lot of worlds were still hit significantly, so providing aid will be necessary and build up trust at the same time," Valery said with a soft smile in Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el 's direction.

"As for Onderon.... I agree," Valery admitted, "I've seen troubling visions that hint at something much larger than an isolated incident. But the Dark Side clouds my senses. We'll need to keep the Jedi ready and we need to maintain alliances. The Senate has been frustrating, but we can't afford more chaos within our own ranks right now." She looked at Kahlil with an almost apologetic smile.

He had to deal with them and she knew how much he hated the politics.

"I personally want to go back to Onderon with a few others and investigate further. Meanwhile, we have to strengthen our defenses and ready our Jedi for what is to come."

Today was a busy day for the Jedi Council.

As of late, Amani had been feeling rather distant from the Council. The Jedi as a whole had more important things to deal with that sitting around in a tower talking Order politics, while Amani's personal life had undergone a drastic metamorphosis of its own; Between an increased involvement in the Vonnuvi Enclave and her ascent to Queen of Alderaan, the Chief Healer's plate wasn't just full, but overflowing.

The Sith were cropping up in multiple regions and sects, all with renewed intensity and influence. Amani would've liked to say it was a shock, but like cockroaches, their kind always managed to spring up again. Meanwhile, the Enclave seemed to be falling apart, while a new group of Mandarins was just getting started making a name for itself. Valery and the others seemed optimistic. Amani was not.

"They have shown willing and able to fight with us against these darker forces."

"Really? We thought similarly of the Enclave,"
She said plainly, surprising herself that she spoke up, "What happens when the Sith are gone again, and these Protectors have nothing else to turn their sights towards?" It always ended in a confrontation. Amani was done given them chances, "We're seriously trusting yet another faction of 'well-meaning' Mandalorians? It's the same song and dance every single time!"

M977SXg.png

"If it was the same song and dance there wouldn't have been Mandalorians that helped us against the Enclave and betrayed them to help save lives. We can't judge a whole culture like that. The Enclave needed to be stopped, but these Protectors aren't the same people." He had pushed for stopping the Enclave because of their actions, but he didn't want to judge a people by the actions of a few.

"There's too much going on to make a threat out of someone who's done nothing to be a threat, other than exist. We have to focus on these undead and whatever is coming for Onderon."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka

"Peace is always worth a chance," Zark stroked his beard in thought, "But Master Serys has reasonable concerns after so much senseless death. Mandalorians can be unpredictable and easily provoked. We must watch them closely."

Amani's skepticism reminded him of his own mistrust toward Imperials during the Tython Accords. While he shared the rest of the Council's faith in mandalorian culture as worth preserving, sometimes the Jedi could be too eager to trust. This was a lesson that could only be taught by bitter experience.

"Yavin is just a few sectors trailing from Mandalore. If we're going back, the Protectors won't be far behind. It might placate their egos if the Jedi requested their aid."

Master San Tekka rubbed his synthskin hand still not quite used to the sensation.

"We know too little about Onderon. Our enemies often boast of their misdeeds. This was quiet. However we proceed, let us do so with caution."

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka , Valery Noble Valery Noble , Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , Amani Serys Amani Serys

QMYkguM.png

It's the same song and dance every single time!

"You could say the same about the senate," Jasper remarked with a frown. "The Enclave weren't all Mandalorians, and we don't exactly have the luxury of picking and choosing the projection of what is to come. If lives can be saved, this is the path we must walk."

They didn't have to like it. In fact, it was probably for the best that they didn't. Still, they did have work to do, and Jasper saw no point in holding grudges. He saw what the Enclave did, especially on Ukatis and Ryloth, but they had to disconnect themselves from that previous experience and remember that this was a different tribe of Mandalorians, many of whom stood with them in opposition against the Enclave. They needed to do what they must to midigate the coming destruction.

"We know too little about Onderon. Our enemies often boast of their misdeeds. This was quiet. However we proceed, let us do so with caution."

"I fear we won't know enough until it's too late," the Sentinel of Harmony sighed. "This... has to be drawing attention away from something. It feels like something dark is wrapping around our throats..."

He let out an exhale, sinking back into his chair.

"We should give training regiments at the temple a shift in anticipation," he suggested finally after a pause. "Even after the brief conflict with the Enclave, we have some amongst our ranks who are just being exposed to conflict of this scale. Something about all of this feels so similar to the Hyperspace War..."

Jasper could still see the war, hidden in the far corners of his eyes, burnt into the back of his mind. He had been forged in that conflict, fighting the Maw as a padawan. If something like that were to happen again? Who's to say how terrible it would be for their people. Many younger Jedi hadn't seen the war, let alone fought anything like that. If the Sith Order, or something else, was leaning more towards proper warfare with no restraint, there was no telling how they would adapt.

So they had to prepare for what they could not see.

eNPiFUf.png

HAIuSyi.png

"I understand your concerns," Valery said only after the others had addressed Amani Serys Amani Serys about her views regarding the Mandalorians. She knew of her friend's lack of trust for them, and after what happened between the Alliance and Mandalorian Enclave, she couldn't quite blame her. Every Mandalorian splinter group always claimed or seemed to be different, only to go back to their roots later.

Valery had noticed it herself, with how quick they could get aggressive over the smallest things.

"We shouldn't blame these Mandalorians for the actions of the Enclave, or the fact that they broke our trust. But we should be careful with them — they aren't a passive people and when I traveled to Mandalore, they were very easily upset by a single Padawan sharing his opinion. It's a feeling the Mandalorian people have always given me. That the respect they demand for their culture is so strong that it makes them act irrationally. It's their way, or the highway, and they don't offer that same respect in return towards other culture," Valery said plain and simple.

"We just need to remain realistic. I believe we should seek a defensive pact with them, only to work together against the Sith Order and this new group on the rise because they're frankly far bigger threats. But we must hold them accountable as well if things go wrong, and we shouldn't trust them blindly, even if they haven't yet done anything wrong."

With that said, Valery looked at the other Councilors and dipped her head, "For now, we should put emphasis on training, and we should continue our efforts against the Sith Order. We defeated their army at Celanon and while we lost Yavin, that Hyperspace lane is now secured by the Mandalorians. Soon, we'll be taking the fight back to them."

"As for this new group... I have much to meditate on."

"You could say the same about the senate,"

"The senate didn't ransack Ukatis."

"We can't judge a whole culture like that."

"I know I'm gonna sound like the jerk for saying so, but I'm pretty sure we can.

When they have not changed in thousands of years, why should we walk into the exact same pitfall that we did last time? A man calls himself a Sith, dresses like a Sith, lives on a Sith world, do you give him the benefit of the doubt? No, they don't have a hundred second chances every time they show up. Why do the Mandos get special treatment? Because they show enough self-control to not pillage and slaughter for a few years every generation?"
Amani was annoyed, now. It felt like they forgot how the war with the Enclave even happened, and that was only the most recent conflict in Jedi-Mando history. "I know there are Mandalorians out there trying to make a change. That rise above their history. But a handful of reformists does not a trend make. We have absolutely no reason to believe that this congregation will be any less ambitious than the dozens that came before it. They wanna prove me wrong? They can do that on their own damn time. I'm not saying we attack them, but we don't need to cooperate with them either. Let them pick their own battles with the Sith, and we'll do the same."

Amani raised a hand, relenting from her spiel. If nothing else, Zark and Valery at least seemed to agree with her on the necessity of not blindly trusting them. If this blew up in their faces again, they'd never live it down. Fool me once…

"We should give training regiments at the temple a shift in anticipation," he suggested finally after a pause. "Even after the brief conflict with the Enclave, we have some amongst our ranks who are just being exposed to conflict of this scale. Something about all of this feels so similar to the Hyperspace War..."

"Everything we teach them could mean the difference between life and death," the old man hesitated, "But nothing will prepare the younglings until they see it."

Dark memories of old wars clouded Master Zark's mind. None of them remembered what it was like to lose. Not completely. He remembered the purges and tried to forget Korriban's dungeons. It took Amani's rousing speech to capture his wandering focus. The troubled expression old San Tekka wore only grew more aged wrinkles.

"Sith are defined by their hatred of everything we represent," he spoke up in the others' defense, "Mandalorians define themselves by conquest for its own sake. I do not condone their worship of violence, but we must ask ourselves are they more likely to act on worst impulses without our guidance? Grandmaster Noble speaks the truth, most do not respect our ways enough to ever learn them."

He'd been a student of mandalorian culture since his service as a general in the crusades. Their military tactics were peerless. The sack of Dodecapolis gave Zark a chance to learn just how brutal such warriors could be. Understanding normally created empathy yet sometimes the Jedi Master feared Amani might have a point about lost causes.

"They will never respond to conventional diplomacy. Fighting with them against a mutual foe is the only way to establish meaningful dialogue short of conquering Mandalore."

M977SXg.png

"We have a chance to make a friend where they might be a foe. I would not judge them too harshly on how they treat Jedi, as it was the Silvers that broke them down and let their homeworld be razed and ravaged. I imagine they are not so keen on having a Jedi come to tell them.. Anything, really. If they are willing to help against the Sith, we shouldn't turn that down."

Even for a practical reason, honestly. Mandalorains sought a fight, and he would not deny the ability to preserve lives that didn't.

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom