Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public NJO + [Centerra] Crystal Caverns Collection- DM TO JOIN

If Shan was trying to hide that something was bothering him, he was doing a poor job of it. Cora's look of concern deepened. She understood the urge to bury personal problems, something she'd felt strongly since her return to the Jedi– she didn't want to bother anyone with the whirlwind of confusing feelings within her. Yet, it seemed wrong to her that a friend should suppress himself in the same way.

Cora smiled at Shan, her expression warm and easy. If the healer didn't want to be probed about what was bothering him now, she would respect that. Perhaps later, she could approach him in private.

And then there was Braze.

Arching a brow, she canted her attention back towards the snowy-haired youth. " 'Never-Have-I-Ever'?" She questioned out loud. "I haven't heard of such a game. Is it appropriate in nature for you to be playing?" She guessed not.

Her mouth had thinned into a firm line before the crystals caught her focus again. Blue eyes fluttered closed and she drank in the air around them, the living Force that suffused the cave and sustained each stone here. They were voices without a voice – some reached for her attention directly, others brushed over her awareness as if they were simply passing by. Some were rowdy and insistent, others were quiet and calm, holding the same spectrum of attributes one could find in any humanoid.

Her fingers drifted over the wall of crystals, meandering as she soaked in each and every story, everything they were trying to communicate to her. Some she understood; others she did not. Her hand kept tracing along the prisms until it stilled. With her eyes still closed, she cocked her head to the side.

Warmth. Affection. Clarity. You know exactly what you want, don't you? You doubt yourself? Everything worth having takes time, including clarity of purpose.

Her fingers closed around the lumirite stone, but it was as if the crystal had worked itself from the wall and into her hand. Cora's eyes fluttered opened, her awareness withdrew to that of her immediate surroundings, and she blinked at Braze. Had he been watching her?

"What?"

Braze Braze Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

div-green.png

Objective: Get a new crystal
Equipment:
Lightsaber - Blaster
Tags: Braze Braze Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania
Shan wasn't used to keeping secrets. It wasn't something that suited him. He was normally an open book. What you saw, was what you got. Though recently he had been trying to keep secrets. Little did he know, he still wasn't good at it. Cora was able to see straight through him, but it appeared that she wasn't going to pry for any answers which was fine by Shan. Fine for now at least, if she wanted to ask some questions later in private, the Mirialan would be a lot more open to it.

Though Braze gave him a potential chance to change the subject, as Shan shrugged his shoulders. "I mean, I didn't reveal too much secrets. I've made Master Noble angry at me, I have a specific person I'm interested in, I've never broken a promise...that I know of at least. Never have I ever lost a fight since I've been a Jedi." It was a good enough distraction, or at least that was what the Padawan thought it was. Just shoving his hands into the pockets of his robes afterwards, frowning in thought as he had tried to focus on his surroundings.

After sending out his Force pulses in the direction of the crystal, Shan carefully got up to his feet and followed the direction it was leading him, reaching out towards the cluster of crystals. Letting his fingers brush against the one that was calling out to him, and he took in a deep breath as he gently lifted the crystal to his hands, to get a closer look as the light danced off it before giving a small nod of satisfaction. This would do for what he had planned in mind for his...unique work. Though he did turn his attention towards Braze, noticing the young Padawan watching and broke out into a small smile.

"...I suppose this might be strange for you? Try to feel the Force around you. Focus on the strongest impulse around you. That should direct you towards your target...or at least that's how it worked for me."

Braze had been attentively following Cora, his eyes widening as she selected a crystal that seemed in perfect harmony with her. "That's a really pretty color, Cora... It refracts the light amazingly," he commented softly, genuinely impressed by her choice.

However, as he turned his attention back to the myriad of crystals in front of him, a sense of disorientation washed over him. He crossed his arms over his chest, taking a moment to focus. Shaking his head slightly, he drew a few deep, steadying breaths, exhaling them out slowly in an attempt to center himself. But his mind refused to quiet down; it was like a cacophony inside his head, each crystal's 'voice' adding to the clamor.

He cast a glance back at Shan, his face reflecting his internal turmoil. The multitude of different 'voices' seemed to drown each other out, making it impossible for him to discern which one was calling out to him. In that moment, he felt profoundly lost, as if he were a sailor at sea without a compass, unable to find his way.

Braze's ears perked up at the mention of Shan having a romantic interest, his eyes lighting up with a mix of curiosity and mischief. "Oooooh~? I didn't know you had a special someone in your life, Shan~," he said, elongating the 'o' for emphasis. "Care to spill the beans? Who's the lucky person?"

OOc: Please dm me and ask if you wish to join and I will coordinate your character in.

Amidst the activities in the cave, Shan's attention was focused on a particular crystal. As he reached down to pluck it up, his hand broke the still surface of the water nearby. Suddenly, like a burst of unexpected energy, a small wet rat sprung forth from the water's edge. With a surprise that jolted his senses, the creature leaped onto Shan's arm, its tiny claws gripping his skin for dear life.

The rat's fur was damp, a sheen of water glistening on its fur as it clung to him. Its eyes darted about, and then, as if finding a sense of safety, it began to nimbly climb up his arm.

Within moments, the rat had made its way to Shan's shoulder, its wet fur brushing against his skin. The creature seemed to have found its newfound perch, its small paws gripping onto his robes for stability. With a sense of security that was both unexpected and endearing, the rat settled down, its tiny body nestled against Shan's neck.

What followed was almost comical. The rat's tiny tongue darted out, and it began to lick at its damp fur in an attempt to dry itself off. Its movements were quick and efficient, as if it knew that this new perch was a place of safety. The creature seemed to radiate a sense of contentment, as if it had found solace in the presence of the young Mirialan.

Mary Hilstar

M

Centerra was like nothing Mary had ever experienced before.
Everywhere she looked there were vibrant colors and flourishing lifeforms, the sheer quantity of sensations threatening to overload her senses. But Mary knew that she couldn’t stand around gawking all day. She had a crystal to find.

Mary had been scouring the base of a seemingly endless mountain for over half an hour, yet saw no sign of the cave openings she had been told were scattered all over the mysterious planet. She stopped for a drink under the shade of a large, bright aquamarine tree, pulling out a flask of water and taking a sip. As she leaned back against the trunk of the tree, a section of bark suddenly gave way behind her, causing her to go tumbling backwards and down a hollow in the tree, landing in a small cave amidst its roots. Moments later, her flask came tumbling along with her, hitting her square on the forehead.

“Ouch….” muttered Mary. “My head!"

After about thirty seconds, the throbbing pain receded, and Mary rose back up to her feet, checking to make sure she had everything she came with. Flask? Check. Backpack? Check. Flashlight? Check. Beacon? Check. Radio? Check. Reaching back towards her backpack, Mary pulled out her flashlight and opened up a hatch on the underside, checking to make sure the batteries were still securely inside. Upon confirming that the batteries were still there, Mary turned on the flashlight, a wide beam of light illuminating the areas up ahead where very little light from the surface penetrated. Something told her that the root tunnels beneath the tree would lead her to a cave. Choosing to trust her gut, Mary walked forwards, flashlight gripped tightly in her hands.

The root tunnels were surprisingly spacious, the ceiling rising a good distance above her head. Slowly but surely, the tunnel descended deeper into the earth. About five minutes in, the aquamarine roots went no further down and the tunnel turned to stone. Yet it kept on going deeper, and Mary found herself entranced, all her instincts telling her to continue forwards.

As she approached a bend in the tunnel, Mary caught a glimpse of a light just ahead. It grew brighter as she moved closer, until finally Mary crossed the bend.

Once she saw what was on the other side, Mary stopped moving, stunned and awed by what she saw.

The tunnel opened up in all directions, revealing a vast cavern full of large, gently glowing crystals as well as mosses and flowers that sprung up on nearly every nook and cranny of the ground. The cave continued ahead for further than Mary could see, and for all she knew the vast passage could go on for kilometers in any direction.

Turning off her flashlight, Mary stepped forwards, letting the light of the crystals guide her forwards.

Cora's gaze drifted from Braze, back to the softly glowing stone in the palm of her hand. She smiled, slow and serene.

"I believe it chose me as much as I chose it."

She tucked the crystal into her pocket, keenly aware of its warm presence.

Shan's response had her quirking her brows. He'd made Master Noble cross with him? That seemed highly improbable for the gentle healer. Still, there was one piece of information that rose above the rest.

"A specific person you're interested in? Oh, do tell-EEK!"

Cora's expression suddenly shifted from teasing to terror as a sewer rat sprung forth from one of the crystalline ponds and clawed its way up the Mirialian's shoulder. Without realizing it, she'd clung to Braze for dear life, wrapping her arms around the smaller Padawan and nearly squeezing the Force from him.

Unfortunately, the newcomer might witness her in a rather…undignified state.

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Braze Braze Mary Hilstar

div-green.png

Objective: Get a new crystal
Equipment:
Lightsaber - Blaster
Tags: Braze Braze Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Mary Hilstar
Shan was getting ready to answer Braze, when all of a sudden a small creature hopped up out of the water and climbed up the Mirialan's arm, catching him off guard for a moment. But unlike Cora, Shan didn't scream out in fear. After all, he was used to rodents like this. Though he was surprised at how friendly it appeared to be, as it was nestling into his neck. He just raised his hand to start scratching at the rat's head carefully, turning his attention back towards Braze and Cora at the same time.

"If anything, I'm the...unlucky person. I don't have someone in particular. I'm just saying. There's someone I like. You can ask all the questions you want, but I won't be giving any answers. You can ask as much as you want as well." He shook his head afterwards, keeping a small grin on his face, as Shan started to look over towards the new arrival, or at least looked over as if he was expecting someone to show up, giving a small little wave before looking back at the pair with a sigh.

"Are you afraid of animals or something Cora? Don't worry. They aren't a horse. You have nothing to be scared of." Slowly but surely, Shan was starting to return to his usual self, breaking out into a teasing grin in Cora's direction. He wasn't going to go into details about the horse, since that was still technically a secret between him and Cora, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to tease her.

Braze's eyes flitted from Cora to Shan, taking in the little moments of discovery and connection they each experienced. He heard Shan's words and tilted his head thoughtfully, his usual enthusiasm dialed back.

"Ah, a secret crush, you say?" he responded, but the words seemed to come from far away, like he was drifting on a distant current. He felt inundated by energies, both physical and emotional, swirling around him in a whirlpool of sensations. Nothing seemed to click; nothing felt like it resonated with him.

His mind wandered briefly to the crystal that Aliris Tremiru had taken and tainted. Guilt gnawed at him. He should've been more vigilant; he should've done something different. His life seemed to be a string of 'should haves,' and it weighed on him.

Realizing that he was tumbling into a dark place, he pushed to straighten his expression, shifting back into the more familiar mask of amiable confidence. Yet, even as he did, a subtle shadow lingered in his eyes.

Shan now had a creature perched on his shoulder—some kind of rat, he noticed. A non-hostile, seemingly domesticated rat, content under Shan's touch.

"I think I'm just happy to see animals that don't immediately maul us," Braze said, his words carrying a slow distant cadence remembering the purification of Ukatis well.

"It looks like you each found rather pretty crystals. That one seemed to be refracting light just about every where Shan. " Braze commented having taken a good look at the crystals that they each found and admiering their beauty.

It was becoming increasingly hard to breathe in here, as if the cave walls were closing in on him. A sense of suffocation gnawed at his lungs, making each inhale a struggle. He found himself yearning for a breath of fresh air, a small break from the cavern's oppressiveness. The multitude of energies, the mixed emotions, the complicated dynamics—all of it felt like too much, and he felt like he was drowning in it.

"I think I might need to step outside for a moment—get some fresh air from the cavern's mouth. It's a bit overwhelming in here; Pardon me. " Braze finally admitted, hoping that the admission wouldn't add yet another 'should have' to his already burdensome list.

Mary Hilstar

M

Tags: Braze Braze | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

As Mary was fording a subterranean river, she began to hear something over the trickling of the water.

The noises became louder after Mary crossed the river, and as she drew still closer she began to realize that there were multiple different noises. Should she draw closer and figure out the source of the noises? Or should she observe from a distance, careful not to reveal her presence to whatever was making the noise? Mary’s curiosity won out over her caution, and she walked up the side of a rock face to get closer to the source of the noises.

Only once she reached the topmost boulder did Mary realize that the noises were the voices of other beings.

Looking down from her vantage point, Mary saw a trio of humanoids walking through the cave beneath her. Two appeared to be male, one most likely a Human and one a green-skinned Near-Human. The third, a blond-haired female, also appeared to be Human. All three of them seemed young, likely close to her age. Mary had been told that other young Jedi had been sent to Centerra, and assumed that the trio were likely here for the same reason she was.

Recognizing the value of safety in numbers, Mary rushed down the rock face as fast as she safely could, yelling out to the trio as she ran towards them.

“WAIT UP!"

"I'm not afraid of animals." Cora insisted adamantly. "I just find…those creatures…unpleasant." Her upper lip curled as she gestured to the rat that had attached itself to Shan.

Fortunately, Shan didn't elaborate on the horse incident, or else he likely would've taken a dunk in the river.

Cora turned to Braze as he expressed his discomfort, a concerned frown tugging at her lips as she placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "We won't be far, Braze. Let us know if you need anything, okay?" Her hand drifted to sweep over his forehead, brushing snowy whisps away from his face.

It wasn't long before a new voice called out, garnering the attention of the Jedi in the cave. A young woman clambered down the rocky face of an outcrop, rushing towards the group quickly.

"Are you alright?" Cora called out to her as she approached.

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Braze Braze Mary Hilstar

"Like how some people might find the nobility unpleasant?" Shan raised an eyebrow, giving Cora a small smirk in response. It reminded him of their first meeting, and him telling her how there were different ways of seeing things. He couldn't help but enjoy those memories. Back when things were far simpler. When he didn't have to worry about fighting Sith, didn't have to worry about his mother being kidnapped and didn't have to worry about the worst thing of all. Girls.

Shan raised an eyebrow at how Braze was reacting and debated whether or not he should try to comfort his fellow Padawan, but Cora seemed to have it under control which was fine by him. He wasn't entirely close to Braze, and so Shan was worried that he could make things worse if he tried to help. Instead he just stepped back and looked around, frowning as he heard a new voice yelling out.

The Mirialan raised his hand to wave over towards the new arrival again, giving her a bright smile at the same time. "Hey there. Welcome, welcome." Part of Shan debated if he should try to joke around with the new arrival...and nodded to himself, keeping the smile on his face. "Welcome to your cave journey. If you look to your left, you'll see a while. If you look to your right, you will also see a wall. But if you look up, you will see...a wall."

Mary Hilstar Braze Braze Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Zarael Valendale

Z
Kreedence Kreedence

Zarael nodded softly and tenderly patted Kreedance on the top of his head. "Good lad," he said with a warm smile, "Go ahead and see if there are any sparklies that might call to you."

He encouraged Kreedance further, "You are permitted to take any crystal or crystals you might find suitable or interesting for now."

With a gentle nod, Zarael watched with a sense of delight as Kreedance and the other young ones seemed to discover a few sparkly rocks that brought them joy.

Mary Hilstar

M

"Are you alright?" Cora called out to her as she approached.

“I’M FINE!” shouted Mary before coming to a stop a few meters ahead of the group.
She paused for a moment to catch her breath, leaning down and placing her hands on her knees. Mary then reached back to the side of her backpack, took a sip of her water flask, and regained her composure.

“I’m Mary, nice to meet you all.” introduced Mary.

Before she could catch anyone else’s name, the green boy gave her a dazzling smile. If she had been ten years younger, she might have fallen for him on the spot. But a lot had changed since then, and nowadays boys didn’t even make it into her top 10 list of concerns. Soon after the thought had entered her head, it vanished as she once again became preoccupied with finding a crystal. Just as Mary was about to ask the group if they had any luck finding crystals, the green boy suddenly spoke up.

"Welcome to your cave journey. If you look to your left, you'll see a while. If you look to your right, you will also see a wall. But if you look up, you will see...a wall."

Mary was in a pretty good mood, and the joke wasn’t too bad, so she decided to entertain him.

“And if I look down, don’t tell me…” added Mary, pointing to the ground. “...is that a wall there too?"

Last edited by a moderator:
He frowned, reaching up to swat halfheartedly at Zarael's hand when his head was patted, grumbling a bit. "You don't have to treat me like a child, you know..." Kreedence huffed, looking away to turn his attention to the patches of crystals around them. "Why am I allowed to 'take' a crystal? Do they serve a purpose other than to decorate oneself?" That black braid swung as he glanced back to Zarael, his frown more perplexed now than frustrated, the thought of what purpose the crystals served plaguing him mind.

Zarael Valendale

Braze had taken a moment outside the cave to collect himself, breathing in the fresh air and letting the overwhelming sensations from within the cavern dissipate. He felt a bit guilty for stepping out, but he knew it was necessary to maintain his composure.

Returning to the group, Braze listened to their interactions with a faint smile playing on his lips. It was good to see his fellow Padawans bonding and sharing jokes, even in the midst of their mission.

"Hey, I'm back," he announced his return, giving a nod to Cora, who had shown concern for him earlier.
As Mary introduced herself, Braze tilted his head curiously. "Mary, huh? Nice to meet you too," he said with a friendly grin, his bratty demeanor momentarily replaced by genuine warmth.

When Shan cracked a joke about the cave's surroundings, Braze couldn't resist chiming in. "And if I look down, don't tell me…" he said, pointing to the ground, "...is that a wall there too?"

Last edited:

Zarael Valendale

Z
Kreedence Kreedence

Zarael chuckled softly at Kreedance's playful swat and then addressed his question with a patient tone. "My apologies if I made you feel like a child, Kreedance. I see the determination in your eyes, and I respect that."

He gestured to the crystals around them, explaining, "The crystals we use serve a dual purpose within our Order. They are both symbols of our connection to the celestial energies and tools for meditation and focus. Many of us carry crystals to enhance our connection with the Celestial Duality, to aid in our self-reflection and enlightenment."

Zarael continued, "So, while they do indeed serve a decorative purpose, they are also integral to our spiritual practices. Feel free to choose one that resonates with you, for it will become a part of your journey within the Order, a symbol of your connection to the Celestial Duality."

Zarael nodded thoughtfully, further expanding on the significance of the crystals. "Additionally, some of our members, particularly those who specialize in combat and energy manipulation, utilize crystals as components in their weapons and power enhancers. These crystals can amplify and channel their abilities, making them formidable protectors and guardians of the Celestial Duality."

He paused, allowing Kreedance to absorb this information. "While it may seem like a simple decoration at first glance, a crystal can become a source of great strength and focus for those who harness its power. As you progress in your training, you'll have the opportunity to explore and discover the unique properties of these crystals, and how they can aid you on your path towards enlightenment."

It was certainly a lot of information for the young urchin to absorb, and Kreedence found himself just gazing at the crystals, mulling over what Zarael had said as he slowly wandered. He took his time, letting the sounds of those around him to blend into the ambience of the cavern itself, blocking everything out.

Everything blurred, the world around him muffled as he came to stop before a cluster of smoldering orange crystals. He didn't even realize he was drawn to them, standing still, watching them with his head tilted ever so slightly, as if listening.

Zarael Valendale

Zarael Valendale

Z
Kreedence Kreedence

The atmosphere within the Crystal Cavern seemed to respond to Kreedance's contemplative mood. It was as if the very air held a quiet reverence, and the soft luminescence of the crystals took on a more soothing hue, casting gentle, flickering shadows on the cave walls.

The crystals themselves seemed to resonate with Kreedance's presence, their inner energy attuned to his curiosity. Among the cluster of smoldering orange crystals, one, in particular, seemed to emanate a faint, comforting warmth, as if whispering secrets of the ages to the young aspirant.

Kreedence reached for the crystal without much thought, listening to it hum and whisper. He didn't understand. Couldn't yet understand what it said, but it brought him a sense of peace and comfort.

A minute barely passed, but Kreedence felt as if he'd been entranced for ten, suddenly bringing himself back to reality.

He opened his palm, staring down curiously as he held the warm orange crystal. It wobbled slightly with each tilt of his hand, light shifting ever so slightly with each movement. Kreedence couldn't place the feeling, but having it with him just.. felt right.

His braid swung as he turned around to face Zarael, gently wrapping his fingers around the crystal, as if to protect it. "I... think I'm ready.." Kreedence was ready for the next step, and his curiosity at the path that Zarael might lead him down most certainly played a part in it.

Zarael Valendale

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom