Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine Tenths of Farquar [Commenor Systems Alliance Dominion of the Farquar Hex]

Objective: Drink a little tea, give a guy a second chance… aaand attend the Farquar III meeting
Company: Bradshaw Ku and a retinue of security and staff
Allies: CSA, friends of CSA
Enemies: enemies of CSA

Silfe blushed profusely. She had not meant her comment on a sexual easy but once she said it, or just went right to her brain and apparently his too. Of course his experience was a great deal of what made her so nervous about even being on a ship with him. They weren't entirely alone as the ship had a crew and their security contingent, but that didn't stop her from feeling like they were alone here in this one room. She swiftly took a cup of tea and sipped, trying desperately to change her mind off the subject. Thankfully he provided a new subject. She was quite grateful.

"I had an aptitude for remembering names and places and predicting influence. My father used my expertise in dealing with his rivals and business partners. Often my analysis of his situations helped him in his business dealings."

"For years my father had been looking for a corporate position or political position to put me in so that he could use me as a spy and/or Saboteur. When the Senate position became open for Commenor, he decided to send me. He figured I would pitiful enough that he could garner sympathy and use it to gain better deals. It wasn't his first choice for me, but it was what was available at the time. I think he always believed that he would be able to pull me from my position to do something else for him should he find something more suitable to his plans."

Her hand came up to her cheek, makeup covering the bruising there from the blow she received when he realized she could and would defy him to stay on Commenor. It still hurt as did the rest of her bodily bruises from the blow and her arm from when he held it tightly in [member="Lady Kay"]'s presence. She had done a very good job on her makeup to hide it from [member="Bradshaw Ku"]. Years if experience has taught her many tricks.

"How about you? I heard you were very much a smuggler and gambler." ...and ladies man, but she didn't say that aloud. "Why that?"

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
Objective: Peddling ergonomic assessments

"The relationship to teamwork. Would there be room for assessors that prefer to work in teams vs. assessors that don't feel as comfortable in teams but are otherwise competent?"

"If they want more independence vs. working in teams, and vice-versa, it will affect to which clients they are assigned"

Obviously, resource allocation is a major component of how an ergonomic assessment business operated. Due to the limited structure, line management mostly acted as dispatchers, while also taking into account billing, client development as well as other aspects of accounts payable and receivable. So the management team included four or five people and the assessors made up almost all of the rest, with training on the more clerical, administrative parts being given to those assessors so that they could file the necessary paperwork that keeps the company running. And then the staff on Ziost will reconciliate the local offices' accounts with the master ledger, which also includes regular updates of the financial records, such as processing expenses claims, which, in this profession, are all too common: people travel a lot to get the work done, especially those who do the actual assessments. As a result, while the positions are salaried, what's expensive in an ergonomic assessor to the company is the travel expenditure, so pay raises can be more readily granted with little financial problems.

Bradshaw Ku

Crown Prince of Commenor
Objective: Drink a little tea, do a LOT a flirtin’… meeting? What meeting?
Company: [member="Silfe Sosuri"], Freeosk (Yuzzem Bodyguard), too many Commenori security details
Enemies: Mad Jack Son’ov’a and the Ministers of Ungentlemanly Business (just doesn’t know it yet)

Bradshaw listened intently to Silfe as she described how she became a politician. Of course, when he’d asked why she’d chosen to do something like that, he had half meant it as a dig at the profession. He’d yet to understand how politicians worked, despite his own mother being one of the galaxy’s most experienced political and diplomatic minds.

A worried expression crossed his features for only a moment when she mentioned that her father originally imagined for her to be a spy or saboteur. Was she a spy now? Had he been tricked?

He shrugged off the worry soon after. Too hard or painful to imagine that all this was just the clever plotting of a seductress. Then again, even if it was, it was still a good time. He smiled inwardly.

However, it was the word she’d chosen to describe her father’s view of her, “pitiful” that really caught his attention. Did she really mean to say that her father thinks she’s pitiful? Who was this guy, anyway?

“Your dad thinks you’re… pitiful?” He asked, clearly repulsed by the idea. Maybe she just misspoke?

Then she wanted to know why he’d chosen to be a smuggler and gambler. Apparently, she’d been hearing things. Probably from the staff, they were supposed to be professionals, but everyone knew the staff gossiped like a teen-girl magazine.

“Smuggler and fighter pilot, actually,” he laughed, “can’t say I made more than a habit of gambling.” He laughed, but he was really thinking about how much he should tell her of why he’d ended up a smuggler. It wasn’t something he talked about much. Granted, most people weren’t interested.

He sighed, growing more serious, “Long story, but I’ll try to give you the short version. My little sister and I found Kay and Shaw-Ku, that was Kay’s first husband, when we were little, I was…” he looked down at his tea cup, “eight, I think. Rae-Anna must’ve been around five. Anyway, we were orphans and they took us in. A few years later, we were attacked by a Sith, and my father sacrificed himself to save us. Kay was badly beaten in the fight, too…” He started fidgeting, spinning the cup this way and that, watching the ripples as the light danced and reflected off the dark liquid. "We were taken from Kay, to hide us and keep us safe.”

“Well, anyway, I said I’d give you the short version, so, I ended up back on Commenor by myself and was found by an old smuggler, he took me in and showed me the ropes.” He consciously skipped his anger and confusion, his running away from Bakura and leaving his sister. He still felt very guilty for leaving her. “I stayed with him for a while, then moved on to flying combat missions for a few governments here and there. So,” he finally looked up from his fidgeting, “I guess the really short version is that, I didn’t really choose it, it chose me.”

He tried to give her a light-hearted smirk, but the emotional burden he still felt from the subject seemed to hang heavily on the corners of his otherwise easy smile.

- [member="Klesta"] - [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] - [member="Lady Kay"] - [member="Cassius Droma"] - [member="Xaedrin Vondiranach"] - [member="Veiere Arenais"] -​

ship_interior01.png
Corellian YT-2400 Light Freighter

ARDA
The Levantine Sanctum | 844 ABY

Because of their philosophy of simple living, the Ardans didn't have refreshers.

There were no sonic showers, which cleaned the body through the use of ultrahigh frequencies which vaporized dirt and dead skin. No sanistreams, which was like getting blasted in the face by a high viscosity particle fire hose. No effluvial rinsers, or sanitizers. Heck, there weren't even toilets in all of the houses. Instead, there were outhouses. Which seemed a workable, if stinky, solution... provided there weren't any dianoga indigenous to the planet.

But, what he had in front of him was neither sonic shower, or sanistream, or a dianoga. What it was, was a claw-foot tub for bathing. Like, with actual water. Now, in theory, said water was supposed to stay in the bath tub; however, the young Jedi and his clone trooper companion seemed to have successfully destroyed the primitive refresher. And effectively flooded the cabana in which the two boys were staying.

Which, was totally not their fault or doing at all. Three had been pretending to be some Mandalorian war-god by the name of Jango Fett, and in this particular fantasy Sor-Jan was merely enacting the role of a Manaan water dragon. What some people called utter devastation was simply a non-appreciation for the art and dedication of the two thespians.

Yanked out of the watery battlefield, just as the water dragon had pinned Jango Fett and gained a very splashy upper hand, the pair of younglings were immediately put before the Tribunal of the Bath Towel, bound as prisoners, and sentenced to hot chocolate. The Ardan method of which was to melt real chocolate and then slowly stir in milk to it.

That powdered stuff his master had pushed on him all those decades ago? Yeah, that chit was poodoo. THIS was hot chocolate!

Legs kicking idly, the two boys each huddled within the folds of the towels wrapped around their damp frames as they sat out on the edge of the cabana, the foundation and base for which was elevated by pillars set deep into the sand -- allowing the tide to come and go, reshaping the terrain around the hut even as it stayed a semi-permanent fixture to the beach. In their hands, they cradled the cups of steaming cocoa. Blowing over the top of the cups, the younglings tried to cool the beverages to a heat that was more palatable. All the while, as their own core temperatures came down from the warm bath, their heads hung a little more listless. Their eyes blinked with increasing frequency and duration.

sj_green_divide.png

FARQUAR III
851 ABY

Seven years.

Seven years, gone. Looking back, it seemed like such a long time ago that Sor-Jan and Three had visited the planet Arda. And, yet, the memory was so near. As though reflecting back it all may have happened only yesterday.

The boy sat inside the YT-2400 light freighter, as though he'd become uncertain where he'd been intending to go or what it was he'd been intending to do. And that wasn't wrong. The last two years, Sor-Jan had been lost. At first, he'd thought he just needed to lose himself in the galaxy. Disappear for a time. When that hadn't done anything to fill the void in his life, he'd tried to lose himself in work instead. Re-engage with the board. Get involved with every aspect of the company again.

What he'd found was that it was himself that he'd lost.

He didn't know who he was anymore. What it was all for anymore. What he wanted to do anymore.

Instead, going through the motions. Wasting time as though waiting for someone or something to come along that he might care enough about to care again.

Objective: Retrieve the Sacred Demon Head

Cassius had sheathed his lightsaber and had returned to a crouching run as he made his way further down into the caverns. Slowly, more and more signs of life that had once occupied this area began to appear: stone walls nearly fully intact, more crude and rusted devices strewn about.

There was even some stone tablets with writing on them. The temptation to stop and look at them, perhaps even study them, was incredibly strong, but the young archaeologist knew that he didn’t have time. The smugglers housed here were probably destroying even more precious artifacts as he was racing to save them. Even the Demon Head might have been damaged.

He pressed on, finding that resistance became less and less as he moved through the various chambers. Eventually, finally, he came close to a large chamber, which seemed to be some sort of gathering area for whatever civilization had previously been here. Modern technology could be seen in the fact that lights had been strung up around the area, and large lanterns had been lit on the ground. Alerted to his presence, the remaining smugglers in the chamber now had weapons drawn, watching the various entrances to this section. They hadn’t spotted the young Jedi yet, however, so he tried to find a way to enter the room without having half a dozen blasters shooting at him.

Sitting cross-legged on the ground behind a crate that shrouded him in shadow, Cassius caught his breath. He focused, searching throughout the room with the Force. He took note of every smuggler’s position and general disposition, trying to sense their fear or anger. Moving past that, he tried to follow the electrical signatures of all the lights, and found… the generator. Perfect. Nearby was a rock – it would do nicely.

Slowly, the rock lifted into the air, as Cassius willed it, it slammed into the power switch for the generator. The box sparked with electricity, and then everything went dark.

Time to move.

Objective: Hunt The Raknar Criminal syndicate
Employer: CSA through a Third party

Anse got the answers he was looking for, only took a few cuts and the barv was singing like a canary. True to his word, the bounty hunter kept the man alive though the criminal probably thought alive and free was his reward for all the information he had given. He was sorely wrong in that assumption and found himself locked up in a small cell aboard the bounty hunter's ship. The Durosian could not afford him to alarm the rest of the syndicate ahead of him and ruin the surprise attack. When it came to overcoming and beating the odds when outnumbered, one had to have the element of surprise. The full initiative had to be in his favor if he was going to pull this off and come out alive and richer on the other end of this ugly business.

The hunter could see the gates to the mine approaching fast as he glided across the desert on one of the swoops that his previous prey had generously given. Anse wore the man's helmet and goggles with the helmet being artistically enhanced with the criminals insignia along with other profane hand drawn pictures while his own oversized brimmed hat was stuffed in his coat. The twin tails of his nerf hide duster flapped violently in the wind behind him as he rode hard and fast towards his target. There was only one sentry at the gate. So far the tortured man's words were true. The Swoop pulled up, confidently and with disguised familiarity. Who else would of come to the mine, if not one of the gang members themselves?

Problem was, this gang was mostly if not all human and the durosian's greenish blue skin was a dead give away that he did not belong. But, the disguise was good enough to get him close to the sentry.

" You son of a bantha! Thats Brolls swoop... and helmet!" The burly human sentry pointed out the obvious, his senses starting to kick in to what was happening and the imminent danger he was in.

"His blaster as well!' The bounty hunter's cold voice hissed just as he pointed the double barreled carbine at the sentry and pulling the trigger with out hesitation. The impact of the double bolts sent the large human sprawling backwards, then falling lifelessly into the dirt.

'Devil' Anse rose from his borrowed swoop, taking helmet and goggled off his hairless head and tossing them off to the side. He methodically pulled his large brimmed hat out from his coat and back where it belonged. Anse then undid his jacket's buttons, letting the wind open the flaps that exposed his LL-30 blaster pistols. He turned towards the swoop and stuck the throttle at full, letting it loose towards the gates.

If the criminals inside did not hear the blaster shot, they as sure as hell would hear the large explosion at the gate for Anse had filled the saddle bags with thermal dets. Was a unique way to knock on the door and was a great distraction and focal point for those lads to bare down on.

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
Objective: Peddling ergonomic assessments

"Do you have any questions?"

"What's the next step?"

"In a week or two you should hear from us"

The Jawa was satisfied with that particular interviewee so that he could move on to the next interviewee, hoping that the next interviewee will still be satisfactory. I should probably learn how to get ergonomic assessments done so that, in an emergency, or if Ziost asks that of me, I can actually get around to perform those, he thought, especially since he has some insight as to what makes a good ergonomic assessor. Perhaps being in the shoes of the assessor would help him keep his work in perspective since sometimes losing sight of what happens with those actually making the revenue centers, well, revenue centers, can cause many an executive to be out of touch with their employees, which is just not a good thing. Maybe if I did the first assessment at the next location where there actually will be an expansion, that ought to reassure Ziost about whether I actually know what it means to do business as an ergonomic assessor...

Objective: Drink a little tea, give a guy a second chance… aaand attend the Farquar III meeting

"Yes. There are many words my father uses to describe me. Pitiful is one and not the most used." She deserved many of his angered words over the course of her life. She wasn't a very good daughter and she believed him because she had no other basis for comparison. She knew no other people than those he carefully screened. There had been no playmates or friends. She didn't truly understand the concept of friendship and how it applied to everyone else. It was completely foreign to her. But her father's words were normal to her.

Silfe sipped her tea and listened with keen interest. It was a very short version that he told of his story from boy to smuggler. She had no doubt there was much much more to the story. "We are what our lives have made us to a certain extent. You a smuggler, me a politician. I hope you won't hold that against me." She smiled softly and poured herself a second cup of tea.

Objective: Play nice with the locals
Allies: It's complicated
Enemies: It's complicated
Proximity: [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Mad Jack Son'ov'a"]

Xaedrin smiled slightly as he switched comms, reopening the channel in preparation to broadcast. At the same time, he brought the sublight thrusters online and set a vector approach for the Kingsguard. He knew that the ship had no sensors, but on the off chance that they managed to get them back online he brought his deflectors to full and activated the minimal weapons' systems housed by the small freighter. He was fairly confident the other ship out there would leave him alone, but little desire to take any chances.

"Kingsguard, this is Luck," he said over the comms as he maneuvered in closer. "I've got space on board for four passengers comfortably, up to eight uncomfortably. It could give an alternative to freezing on the ship, and offer shelter while you effect repairs. I also have EVA suits on board, if they're needed." He knew that the immediate need was the saboteurs on board their ship, but it did him no good to tip his hand there. He'd offer standard assistance, and then see where to go from there.

Objective: Supervise and Refine

Aboard a large transport cloaked in Stygium and other stealth devices was Mythos in meditation. Around him several projectors displaying the absorption of Farquar into the power of the Commenor Alliance and thus growing in it's power. He was behind many of the troops who now swept the droid facility in stealth and not disturbing a stone out of place. It was his job tk keep their people safe, it was hos job to maintan control of the orbit and the ground when it came to enemies foreign or domestic.

He however, chose to meditate on all this. The power of the darkside of the force almost malleable and as he was allowed to sink and grow i side the commenor systems alliance so did the soldiers and organics who he was allowed to personally pick as his soldiers and organics.

He trained them as simple pawns but deadly in their efficiency. The Nubian Strike team had been with him for ages, the Anknhypt warriors and sorceres a new adition, the Jar'Kai faithfully at his side and the new Commenor Marines in his command.

The Marines were something different. They were heavily armored, well trained and hand picked. Some were force sensitive, the rest force dead. They headed down with the Nubians and The Anubians to the droid facility, it had already been scouted... they did not know that.

Mythos had ordered some bounty hunters and mercenaries to act as opposition only there was no training amunition. He staged a war in the very lowest of levels of the facility.

"Sucess or death.."

Many would die...

Objective: Curb-stomp the Carebears
Company: [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Mad Jack Son'ov'a"]
lnnRefu.png
Since when were Ewok's so hostile.

This wasn't the first time he had encountered their kind in such violence, the last had been a necromancer upon the world of mimban during which he fought for the Galactic Republic. Atleast in this case, there would be no revival of the dead to attempt to feed upon their flesh.

His wife's aura pulsed through out the vessel, noticeable only to those who were force sensitive and to Veiere, so strong in their Force Bond, it hit him like a wave of heat rolling over the atmosphere within the KingsGuard, as if a new climate had been unleashed upon them, a sudden change that he loved to experience and yet so often came in times such as this.

A sudden snap-his sent a vibrant green sizzling energy from the hilt of his lightsaber, a blur of it's movement as it caught a bolt from the Ewok's blaster before it neared his wife; soon stepping foward, dropping his guard of her while she reached out to sweep her attacker off their feet, by the link they shared and the common enemy that was theirs, Veiere followed through doing the very same, targeting the other who had turned it's sights upon him.

Through the power of the force, so much stronger than that of his wife's for lack of consistency in her training, the little creature was caught within a vice grip of invisible force, a wall of kinetic energy sending it back against the wall, throwing all the loose objects and equipment from the nearby shelves.

Galactic stories portrayed these creatures as the care-bears of the Galaxy, cute and cuddly. Veiere's experiences were vastly different yet he would pursue them none, now crumpled up upon the floor, his gaze turned to the other for whom his wife still held within her telekinetic grip. Moving across the floor with his lightsaber humming in power, lighting the room still powered by emergency lighting, his boot lifted from the floor and drove itself against the side of the little creature, ensuring it's fade to black.

Rarely was Veiere so aggressive. His wife was pregnant, her signature within the Force and practice over it was her secret, one that held so much at stake not only for her but the Systems Alliance too.

"Terrac" Veiere called, his eyes searching for the com-systems speakers that would carry his voice to the cockpit; "Give us some answers here old man...".

As far as they could tell the immediate danger had been handled rather swiftly though the way the force swirled around their every move suggested Veiere's need to guard his wife ever still.

Objective: Retrieve the Sacred Demon Head

Annoyed pirate voices rang out as the lights went off. Curses flew about the room, and someone yelled for someone else to find the generator. In all the confusion, no one would hear the sound of boots clacking against the cave floor. A blue blade sprang to life right into the body of a pirate, and as blaster bolts shot in that direction, the lightsaber was extinguished, and the Jedi was gone.

The pirates paused, trying to scan what little of the room they could see. Some of them tried to turn on auxiliary light sources.

A flashing swipe of blue light took another pirate down for the count. There wasn’t even enough time to react to it - as soon as the smugglers trained their blasters on the blade and its wielder, it was gone. That was when the shouting started again, and they began to move around the chamber in a bid to either find flashlights or just to stay away from whatever was taking them out.

Three. Four. Five. One by one, the bodies of the smugglers fell to the ground, some of them dismembered, others with smoldering holes in their chests. When the last man fell to the ground, his mouth agape in silent agony, Cassius Droma stood still, his blue lightsaber thrumming in the dim light. Knowing that the weapon was still prone to deactivation after long uses, he turned off the blade and put it back on his belt, instead retrieving a small flashlight and clicking it on.

As he swept the white beam of light around the room, he saw a gold glint that caught his eye. Moving closer, Cassius could see that it was the Sacred Demon Head - a small gold statuette with a somewhat grotesque face as its main feature. Picking it up, he felt the weight of it and confirmed that it was in fact genuine. At least, as well as he could under the circumstances.

Placing the sacred artifact into the satchel slung over his shoulder, Cassius slowly made his way out of the cave and onto the speeder bike waiting for him. Although it would be a small gesture, he only hoped that the Pesmenben people would be happy with an important artifact of theirs being returned.

Objective: Discuss trade agreements

Darben, along with his mute Twi'Lek assistant was heading for Farquar III, for the purpose of discussing trade agreements with the planets governments. He fiddled with a datapad in his hands, occasionally glancing at the Twi'Lek. He wondered how different this planet would be, but only for a moment. He wasn't here to look around. Only for business. He had heard that [member="Bradshaw Ku"] would be joining him along with [member="Silfe Sosuri"]. He knew neither of them, and knew little of Bradshaw's position in the government of the CSA.

"We have arrived to Farquar III, Minister Skirae." Skirae had recently taken to using CSA transports, rather than public transports. They had more security on board. He stood up and shook the pilot's hand, a way of thanking them, before disembarking the transport and stepping onto the landing platform. There he was greeted by some officials that led him to where he would be meeting and doing business.

Mad Jack Son'ov'a

Leader of the Ministers of Ungentlemanly Business
Objective: Doctor’s Orders – Let the games begin
Company: Suga’
Allies: Rest of the Ministers of Ungentlemanly Business
Enemies: [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Veiere Arenais"] (AKA Queer-air…), the CSA and its allies

Gar’Jub and Bub’Jub hardly had time to get off a blaster shot or two and look stunned behind their nifty exosuit masks before the Queen chucked a pillow at one of them, knocking him over. The blanket she threw next covered the acerbic fumes beginning to bubble up from the floor beside the broken vials.

Then, as they say in Ewok commando training, Ee chee wa maa! Yub yub Ai! Wag Wah!

It quickly turned out that a couple armed care bears were of little threat against a Jedi Master or two. Now only moments later, they lay slumped against a wall, their clouded cataleptic faces a blizzard of fuzzy white noise like an old-fashioned television from a galaxy far, far, away and a long time in the future.

The teddy bears may have been down and out, but the chemical mist previously smothered by the blanket deftly thrown earlier was beginning to seep through that makeshift covering. It filtered through the top, and spilled out the sides. Slowed, but not stopped.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-​

The captive Zabrak woman shook with stinging tears as they rolled across the cut in her cheek. Her body curled on the floor in her best attempt at guarding herself from another attack. Her whimpers, a lonely sound, falling on deaf ears.

Suga’ laid back out on the bed, happy to have it to herself again now with the Zabrak woman on the floor. Apparently, still not over the trauma of being stuck in a small crate with Mad Jack for hours on end.

“Doesn’t look like Jedi Master Man is going to show,” she observed half-interestedly while picking at the dirt under her nails with the vibroblade, “maybe he doesn’t care about the little people as much as you think, smarty.”

“He’ll show. Just needs a little more encouragement.”

Mad Jack feigned a few kicks toward the crewman’s face, making her flinch.

“Maybe we should let some of the blood out?” Suga wondered, a little more interest in her voice.

“No, I have a better Idea.”

After compressing a red button on his communicator, he then walked over to a wall comm unit and began taking the covering off to expose wires and circuits underneath.

Moments later, the same light cruiser that earlier made a quick appearance to shoot Gar’Jub and Bub’Jub onto the Kingsguard, appeared again. This time, the sharp parabolic manoeuvre it made was capped by something rather more lethal than tin-cans sending a couple plushies special delivery. Instead, a turbo laser battery flashed to life, red plasma ripping through any semblance of emergency shields possessed by the Kingsguard with ease, to tear a hole in the lower decks, before vanishing again as before.

Having re-wired the simple com-unit, Mad Jack spoke into the mic, which now projected his voice throughout the ship.

“Good evening, good evening, good evening, and welcome to a little game I like to call,” a pause for effect, “will the real King please report to my office… If you don’t be a good little boy and do as you’re told, my nutter Med-Droid Neil is going to keep paying us a visit until the Kingsguard has more holes in it than a daytime holodrama. And if that’s not enough incentive for your beloved ruler, I also have a friend here who wants to say hi, don’t you sweetheart… well, she’s not much of a talker at the moment. Something to do with a broken jaw."

"Be quick about it.”

- [member="Darben Skirae"] - [member="Cassius Droma"] - [member="Mythos"] -[member="Xaedrin Vondiranach"] - [member="Silfe Sosuri"] - [member="Klesta"] - [member="Anse Tahvo"] - [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] -​

Bradshaw Ku

Crown Prince of Commenor
Post 6:
Objective: Drink a little tea, do a LOT a flirtin’… and I guess we should get to that meeting soon
Company: [member="Silfe Sosuri"], Feeosk (Yuzzem Bodyguard), too many Commenori security details
Enemies: Mad Jack Son’ov’a and the Ministry of Ungentlemanly Business (unaware)

“Hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but your dad sounds like a dick.”

Which way the wrong way would be to take something like that, he wasn’t even sure. Sounded good though. Speaking of one’s history making you who you are, his tact and social graces were unsurprisingly limited. Sometimes, you just had to come out and say what needed to be said, or punch a guy in the face when he was begging for it.

Just then he felt the subtle deceleration of the Phoenix as it slid out of hyperspace. The pilot would soon be requesting the appropriate landing permissions and instructions and having received them, she’d glide the vessel gently to the surface.

He glanced down at his still full cup of tea. Silfe had taken much more to the tea part of this whole date than he did. Oh well, tea really wasn’t his thing, it was his mother’s and apparently, it agreed with Silfe as well.

The mood was feeling a little too serious for him, and not knowing how she’d take him calling her father out, he decided to try to thin the atmosphere a little, “I mean, my father was a Sith Lord and he was nicer than all that,” he laughed.

Maybe not the best way to lighten the mood.

Sliding his chair out, he got up from the table and walked to stand next to Silfe, offering a hand to help her up. They’d be landing soon, the fun part of their date giving way to the rather more dull half, at least in his estimation.

“I won’t hold it against you too much. Some of my best moms are politicians, I swear. Besides, nobody can hold the rugged, handsome charms of a smuggler against a guy. But guilty as charged.”

He chuckled to himself, while also dreading the tedious political to-and fro to come. He thought he remembered something about [member="Darben Skirae"] also joining them. He wasn’t even sure what the man did, but he was usually in all these types of diplomatic meetings. Didn’t matter, the more the better. It meant less for him to do.

- [member="Cassius Droma"] - [member="Veiere Arenais"] - [member="Mythos"] - [member="Xaedrin Vondiranach"] -[member="Klesta"] - [member="Anse Tahvo"] - [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] -​

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Objective: Get out of trouble
Company: [member="Veiere Arenais"]
Enemies: [member="Mad Jack Son'ov'a"] and co.
Unknown: [member="Xaedrin Vondiranach"]

~Luck, this is the Kingsguard. Evacuating might not be a bad--~ Terrac's voice cut off as blaster fire could be heard in the background. His voice came back a second later, growling. ~--We've got a situation here. Must be stowaways!~ His gaze turned the viewport as a ship materialized beside them, firing a turbo laser. Luckily the ion shielding was powered by not just one, but two large fusion cells. Though the shields were weakened, they still held. The double-hull would provide extra protection, but it wouldn't last forever. The voice of Mad Jack was overheard, his voice echoing in the corridors. ~Luck, some help here would be nice!~

The Kingsguard wasn't completely offline, yet with the sensors down, Terrac was going to be shooting blind. Still, he fired up the rapid fire laser cannons, shooting at where the attacking ship might be.

************************​

Kay's distraction and disruption against the ewok worked. Veiere was quick to join in, their actions almost co-ordinated as he deflected the blaster fire away from her and threw the other ewok against the wall. But an action that surprised her was his quick kick to the ewok's fallen body. That wasn't like him, to kick someone while they were down. She tried not to look too much into it, it wasn't as though he killed their attacker.

Her attention was drawn to the voice coming over the speakers and it sent a cold chill down her spine. They were after Veiere, whoever they were. There seemed to be some score to settle. She didn't recognize the voice, nor the name of the med droid. For once she wasn't a target.

The fumes that escaped the folds of the blanket began to fill the air. Kay started to feel lightheaded. It was then that she looked down to the blanket, noticing it bubble and move as the fabric began to weaken. "Veiere, we have to get out of here..." And by that she meant the room. But where to go from here? They were more or less stuck. Yet it wasn't as though they could leave everyone there either.

Kay held in her breath and reached under the bed, taking hold of Veiere's holocron and slipping it into a satchel that she slung over her shoulders. Quickly she stepped out of the room, moving away from the door to allow Veiere to get out as well. The corridor seemed clear, yet Terrac could be heard cursing from the cockpit as he opened fire at the enemy vessel.

Her second cup of tea was soon forgotten as the ship felt like it was slowing and descending. SOon they would be on Farquar III and she would be officially acting as the Minister of Foreign Affairs for Commenor. Brad distracted her easily though. Silfe knew her father was not someone others easily got along with. She had been making excuses for his behavior since before she could remember. Now, she just didn't say anything, unsure about what to say at all. The last time she had seen him, he had done quite a number on her and she had taken every step she could not to let anyone know that she had been hurt.

She laughed. [member="Bradshaw Ku"] was even more funny than she expected. She liked his wit. "Your father was a Sith Lord? That must have been... interesting."

"You have other mom politicians just laying around, do you?" She grinned as she took his hand and allowed him to lead her off the ship. Hopefully [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Veiere Arenais"] had arrived. She would hate to do this all on her own. She had no idea what she was actually supposed to be meeting about.

"Speaking of your kind mother, have you heard from her yet? Has she arrived?"

Objective: Put an end to the ordeal
Company: [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Mad Jack Son'ov'a"]
lnnRefu.png
"Blast it all, they're taking apart my ship!"

Veiere gasped as the KingsGuard was rocked by heavy blaster fire. [member="Lady Kay"] had given him this vessel as a gift for their wedding; after the loss of his former pilot Cillian Braedon and the Vagabond, the threat to Terrac and the Pheonix was something he was taking rather personally.

He and his wife managed to get out of their quarters and into the Corridor, Veiere thankful that she had taken his Holocron with her as it held so many secrets and learnings from his years studying the Jedi Code and that of the Force. It would later become the core of which their children might learn to grow as practitioners themselves, yet for now that was far to much to be considering given the current state of affairs.

"Kay, get yourself to the cockpit. Terrac will keep you safe..."

He spoke swiftly as they continued to walk with a fair pace, his hand holding her own and sparing her a glance that spoke more of his concern for her but also a whisper of his intentions carried upon their bond in the force; he was indeed about to throw himself into the firing line as their new found enemies were requesting of him. Pulling her close, he met her with a longing kiss, his lips pressing against hers, his arms taking around her for the moment that they could hold, the vessel around them straining under the wound it had suffered.

"Be safe, both of you"

He whispered to her following his breaking the moment, his gaze dropping to give her something of a stern look yet accompanied by a loving smile, he then turned at the corridors junction and sought the flight of stairs leading down into the lower portion of the vessel.

Within the force, life was rather easily detected without the practiced hiding from their foes. For Veiere, he was given more or less their exact location within the ship, moving in something of a jog to head into the trap before others could suffer any further. The doors would open as he came within proximity and stepping into the scene with his lightsaber held within his right hand, the blade of which had returned into the hilt itself, he looked ahead to the two that sought to speak with him.

Bradshaw Ku

Crown Prince of Commenor
Post 7:
Objective: Get to that boring meeting…
Company: [member="Silfe Sosuri"], Freeosk (Yuzzem Bodyguard), too many Commenori security details
Allies: [member="Darben Skirae"], CSA, friends of CSA
Enemies: Mad Jack Son’ov’a and the Ministers of Ungentlemanly Business (unaware)

“I don’t know, never really thought about it. It was just normal to me.” He remarked, leading Silfe through the ship. Freeosk taking point in front of them along with a pair of security guards, the rest eventually filing in to follow the couple from behind.

“And yes, I have many moms. You’ve gotten to meet my best one but maybe if you’re good I’ll take you home to meet the others.” He laughed. Loving every moment of the absurd statement and their nonsensical exchange.

“But no, I haven’t heard from her yet. We’ve been in hyperspace so she couldn’t get a hold of us. I have to imagine her and Veiere are on planet by now, or more likely, already in the meeting. I told the pilot to take the scenic route here.”

Coming down the ramp, a small, though formally dressed retinue of staffers surrounding an older woman dressed sharply in a suit and skirt waited for the Prince and the Minister of Foreign Affairs as they stepped onto the landing pad.

“Good afternoon Your Royal Highness and Minister Sosuri, we are very glad you could join us.” The older woman’s tone wasn’t overly friendly, nevertheless, it was still cordial and, as to be expected, very diplomatic. As was her stiff bow.

Bradshaw nodded in greeting, “Thank you, I hope we’re not too late. We, ah, had a bit of a longer flight than expected.” He barely supressed a wry smirk while he waited for Silfe to make her greeting. He’d never get used to being called a royal anything other than a royal pain.

“Not at all. You are here before the King and Queen, in fact. Only Minister Skirea has arrived before you. He’s waiting for you in the meeting hall as we speak. Shall I take you there?”

Bradshaw flashed Silfe a puzzled look. It was strange that his mother and step-father hadn't arrived yet, but, not yet overly concerning. Any number of things could’ve held them up. Something always seemed to.

“Yes, please.”

He let out a quiet sigh of relief as they started following their host across the landing pad, into the governmental building and through the halls. That was about as much involvement in this whole meeting as he cared to have. More, actually.

It’s all yours boss, he mouthed to Silfe.

- [member="Veiere Arenais"] - [member="Cassius Droma"] - [member="Lady Kay"] - [member="Mythos"] - [member="Xaedrin Vondiranach"] - [member="Klesta"] - [member="Anse Tahvo"] - [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] -​

Objective: Attend the Farquar III meeting and find out what happened to the Queen and King

She was smiling as they descended to the landing platform to meet with the representative of Farquar elders. "Good Afternoon. Commenor is honored to be represented here." She curtseyed low and respectfully, dipping her head a bit before coming back up to standing.

At the information that the King and Queen were not yet present, she returned [member="Bradshaw Ku"]'s puzzled look with a concerned look of her own. Trouble did often seem to find [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Veiere Arenais"] so easily but surely a simple hyperspace jump from one planet to the next could not have descended into trouble. Still, she was worried. She turned back to the representative. "Yes. I think that is best."

As she followed the older woman, their retinue's mixing behind the three, she puzzled over the issue of the missing King and Queen. "Madam. Is it possible you could send a ship or two to meet the KingsGuard? I know it is asking above and beyond the terms of engagement here, and it may be nothing, but the Prince and I would feel more at ease if we knew they were safe."

- [member="Cassius Droma"] - [member="Mythos"] - [member="Xaedrin Vondiranach"] - [member="Klesta"] - [member="Anse Tahvo"] - [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] - [member="Darben Skirae"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom