Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Nina Heavenshield, the High Loremaster

Nina, the High Loremaster
GENERAL INFORMATION
FULL NAME: Nina Thurionsdóttir of House Heavenshield
Summer Blossom & the Sigillite Staff
​
BIRTH NAME: Nina Vi'dreya​
SPECIES: Humanoid​
RACE: Umbaran​
PLANET of BIRTH: Umbara​
HOMEWORLD: Midvinter​
GENDER: Female​
LIFE STAGE: Middle Adulthood​
HEIGHT: 170 cm​
WEIGHT: 60 kg​
EYES: Icy Blue​
HAIR: Stark White​
COMPLEXION: Caucasian​
MASTERY of the FORCE
FORCE SENSITIVITY: High​
FORCE RANK: Jedi Master​
CAREER PATH: Jedi Consular​
CURRENT APPRENTICES: None​
MASTERED LIGHTSABER FORMS:​
SHII-CHO, the DETERMINATION FORM​
Form I, also known as the Way of the Sarlacc, is the rudimentary lightsaber form that every aspiring Jedi is taught from a young age, and Nina was no different. At a young age, in the early days of his father and mother's tenure as Grandmaster and Master of the Order respectively, Nina belonged to the first generation to be inducted into the Silver Jedi Order since its inception.​
SORESU, the RESILIENCE FORM​
Form III, also known as the Way of the Mynock, is wholly centered around defense and deflection with minimal physical effort. She received training from Thurion himself, a true paragon of the form, wishing to equip his eldest child with the skills to outlast and defend against any opponent.​
ATARU, the AGGRESSION FORM​
Form IV, also known as the Way of the Hawk-Bat, is as the name implies an aggressive and fast-paced lightsaber form. Although she was not the warrior her younger brothers were, the eldest lion cub nevertheless did master the fourth lightsaber form, her lithe and nimble build highly compatible with its reliance on agility and acrobatics over strength or fortitude. Though she shuns the use of violence, Nina has yet to be bested in single combat; a fitting track record for one instructed by Coci Heavenshield herself, one of its foremost practitioners of her era.​
MASTERED FORCE TECHNIQUES:​
TELEPATHY​
Born mute and with no conventional way of communicating, Nina was instead gifted with the innate ability to converse via the Force. By the age of four, when she was found and later adopted by Thurion, the ability had already become second nature to her. Upon reaching adulthood, she designed a device worn around the neck which registers her conscious thoughts and feelings and broadcasts them aloud, effectively granting her the ability to speak. She and her father also developed their own sign language to keep the poor child from having to rely solely on the Force.​
TELEKINESIS​
The ability to affect and manipulate objects from afar has ever been synonymous with users of the Force, and Nina was instructed in its use to a great extent like most aspiring Jedi. While not as flashy as some of her peers, Nina's use of telekinesis is nonetheless masterfully employed when the need arises.​
AFFECT MIND​
As part of her mutism and her natural discovery of telepathy, Nina also became well-versed in the ability to read minds and, more impressively, inject her own thoughts into their minds. Even as a child, it came as natural to her as breathing to enter the mind of another being, all in an innocent effort to communicate. Growing up, Nina discovered less intrusive ways of communication but nevertheless remains a very astute mind-reader, and if need be manipulator, to this day.​
TAPAS​
Since moving to Midvinter, where winter is all but eternal and temperatures regularly delve far below what could be considered hospitable, as a non-native member of her father's homeworld Nina discovered the technique to adjust one's body temperature in order to outlast the harsh climate. Whenever she is not bundled up in furs or indoors by the fire, she utilises this technique to keep up with her father and brothers. It too has become second nature to her.​

House Heavenshield Extended Family Tree

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES
[TBA]​
[TBA]​
[TBA]​
 
Last edited:
The Fervent Chronicler

NINA HEAVENSHIELD
AUTHOR & RESEARCHER, History of the World & Peoples of Midvinter​

To the person reading this: A sincere thank you for picking up a copy of my life's work and for showing interest in its vast contents, i.e. the world and peoples of mighty Midvinter! What started as a hobby while barely an adult, soon became my sole occupation for several decades. I have poured my heart and soul into the set of volumes depicting events large and small, locations, peoples, persons of interest, religious beliefs, mythology, traditions and customs, and above all, the history of the world itself.

As a small girl, and for many years to follow, I was timid and without hope for a meaningful life in the slums of Umbara. That hope arrived in the form of Thurion Heavenshield - the young Jedi who would become my adoptive father, and to whom I owe everything I am today. Perhaps even more importantly to you, the reader, it was this chance encounter that would later introduce both of us to the world of Midvinter.

It was around this time that I began my Jedi training on the planet Voss, the then-capital of the Order of the Silver Jedi, where my father had taken up duty as Grandmaster and would serve throughout my childhood. He was joined by his wife Coci, whom I had come to call "mother". A year later, our family of three became four with the arrival of my younger brother, Théodred. You may read about the great deeds of these individuals and many others in the Persons of Interest chapter.

I was born a mute, unable to form and voice syllables, which no doubt added to my timid nature. But I have always been gifted with the Force, and from a young age developed a strong ability for Telepathy which aided in communicating with others. It was only when a young woman that I worked alongside Dac scientists and engineers to design a special device which turns my thoughts into words, and I for the first time discovered my voice. Finally, I was able to become the woman I always knew I carried within me.

I became the White Wanderer. At my side was my ever-steadfast companion and truest friend, Arnor Oathsworn of the Beorni, and together we saw, heard, and experienced all that the world had to offer, good and bad - the results of which you now hold in your hand.

I am older now, having sacrificed my youth to put into words the full history of the majesty that is my homeworld. I have watched friends and family pass away, be it in glorious battle or peacefully in their beds. Many of the great men and women you will read about in my books are no longer with us, and my heart is heavy with loss. And yet, like my father once taught me early in life, I still carry hope for what the future brings.

Signed,


ZFE6BlC.png
 
Last edited:
[member="Nina Vi'dreya"]

Speaks to Nina telepathically, *Hello little one. When you are ready, I would like to take you out, just you and me one day and have some fun and see what mischief you and I can get into. Would you like that?* :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom