Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nila - the Void

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Umbris Potestas Est
Void.jpg

Name: Nila - the Void

Image Source: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131211234824/someordinarygamers/images/b/b7/Void.jpg

Intent: To touch at a spot of darkness so devoid of anything, that it will intriguingly affect characters that interact with the location.

Classification: Nothing. A space in which there is no matter, no energy - no Force. This does not mean that one cannot enter and exit it, but it is a stretch of territory - it is not a portal, it leads nowhere. One could walk through it from one side and come out the other.

Location: Where nothing is felt in the Netherworld of the Force. Being devoid of anything technically means it has no location, but for the sake of logistics, it is visible from nearly everywhere, and can easily be guided to.

Affiliation: No one. It is nothing, and is thus owned by no one.

Description: Nila is nihilism. Nothing. There is no Force, no light, no dark, no power, no matter... nothing. Gazing down from above, it appears to be a bottomless black hole. Gazing from the side, it still appears to be such. To those perceiving it as a physical object, it is a sphere, twenty to twenty-five meters in diameter, of the darkest, most solid blackness ever seen. Words cannot describe how empty Nila is. As it is nothing, it can be entered - even walked entirely through. Some do not come out. Others come out changed, their emotions stripped from them. Very rarely does one walk through Nila without being changed.

What Nila is, or was, is up for debate. Many Force users who have encountered the enigmatic location believe it to be some sort of anomaly, a contrast to the Force-rich world and afterlife. Two separate groups believe it to be a wound in the Force, or what manifested upon the entrance into the Netherworld of a being who was a wound themselves. What it actually is, and what effect it may have upon both the waking world and the afterlife, has yet to be determined.

History: Records of famous seers, able to see into the Force and beyond, very rarely reference Nila, even less so by its true name. It is commonly known as the Void, an area within the Netherworld of the Force where there is nothing. Obscure references to it have been found in the Great Holocron, and in several Sith holocrons, but little has ever been directly seen of the location. With the galaxy and Force itself going horribly wrong, the answers to what Nila is will soon be given.

[member="Enigma"]

Apologies for the delay in judging. Lets get to it.

I have serious reservations about this location.I have been trying over several days to get a bead on what exactly this is. Black hole? Black holes have energy that they both collect and potentially release. You say this is 'solid blackness' yet it can be walked through. Its a sphere but is viewed in a top-down(looking down) manner....yet it can be walked through. Wouldn't one be descending if this is the case? Also, if it is not a portal how does one leave when they enter? Is it like a dead-end tunnel? If Nila is nihilism doesnt that mean it wouldn't even exist?

I feel this is poorly thought out and there isn't anything here that is convincing me to approve it. To approve this would take severe edits that would change it from your original design and intent of a nothingness that changes/swallows spirits up. As such, I am denying this submission. If you feel I am wrong or have been treated unfairly please second chance this in the Codex Second Chance thread.

Due to rules and regulations, [member="Valiens Nantaris"] is being tagged to approve my denial.

[member="Delila Castillon"] [member="Enigma"]

I am forced to agree. I think this submission is too...broken…to be properly made use of.

If it was a sphere of nothingness which really was nothing, which destroyed anything which entered, which was like a black hole’s singularity, that would make more sense.

However, with that done, I cannot see this as being useful in the context of this event, and I’m not convinced as to the intent either.

You have a chance to argue your case and propose radical revisions in the Second Chance thread if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom