Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFU learn about the force?

Jaster is a Geneticist and on many occasion has been asked to do work that would require him to create a device, species, and medical powder to null the force for a short amount of time. This has been told to me by factory judges that with a 100 thread post it is possible. Though I would like to take it a step further and have Jaster acturaly learn about the force.

He has studied force nulling and force using animals, as well as visit a few temples. He even has a force using daughter that studies the force.

I've built Jaster as a scientist and very open minded, as well as very smart. Now is it at all possible for Jaster to learn of about the force, or is this just wishful thinking?

Liliane

L
[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Well, technically you can let your character learn about the Force and what it is and what it does. Although your character would not get to see the practical side of it like how some things are done in reality or something along these lines.

But it is possible.

[member="Lilin Imperieuse"]

I'm not looking for Jaster to somehow gain the ability to use the force. Just want him to learn to appreciate it and gain an understand of it.

Learning the knowlage of it is mostly what I am looking for, not the use of it.

I learn about the force all the time.

Mostly by punching its wielders lights out but...

... learning all the same :p

Seriously though, I feel like you can create an academic understanding of it yes, especially in direct contact with its practitioners over an extended period of time, and are well versed in combating.

Liliane

L

Yes, knowledge about the Force is what I talked about. :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess

The Gulag Plague wiped out much of the knowledge of the past. Lucky for you however? A good deal of that knowledge has been reclaimed by the community as of right now. So yes. If you approached any Sect of Force Users? It would be very easy to learn about The Force. The Jedi on Ossus could teach you in their Library. The Silver Jedi might lend you a datacron or two. The One Sith might even sell you a digital collection for a billion credits to fund their next Vong fortress. Lol.

The knowledge is out there. You just have to find one of the Sects to share it to you. Heck, you might even find a Public Library or Holonet News Article that has information about it. Especially since every single Galactic Event in our Universe has been participated by Force Users. They're practically celebrities. :D :p

Think of it like this:

I am a man. I am male. I carry the Y-chromosome. I can read, study, and understand academically all the different aspects of pregnancy. I can become an expert on pregnancy. I can become an obstetrician. But, as a male, can I ever truly experience that phenomena? Will I ever fully appreciate every ramification and nuance of carrying a child? Will I ever really understand what it is like to go through morning sickness, to get cravings for fried bananas mixed with pickle juice? No.

A non-Force user can easily study the Force. The same non-Force user can also become an expert in the Force. His theoretical, academic, and even practical experience can all rival that of Master Jedi. But will he truly be one with the Force? No.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom