Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Dominion after O'reen

Okay, looking at our options and what is best for TGE in securing its borders, I'm looking at Altir, and the Redoubt Cluster. Either way we need possible stories for each, and someone interested in leading them. Now that the Empire is growing Akio needs to remain on Atrisia to manage things, so I will be attending with my other characters.

Altir - Our southern border, gives us access to Ozzlek (for the end of the Klaxxi story), and Rhadamanthus later. I'm thinking so close to Ozzlek, lots of Klaxxi pressence. 100 post thread.

Redoubt Cluster - Beyond the Dominion, will keep us from being blocked off by them, secures chiss space, and would allow us to directly contact the mandos who could become enemies or allies. A bit longer at 150 posts, but well worth it.

So, what do you guys think?

What's our relationship like with the Mandos? If it could be an asset to us to get closer to them, I'd say Redoubt Cluster.

If it's more like "Welcome to getting scorched!" then let's cut that till later and go Altir? *throws in a nickel* < There's my (rounded up) two cents.

Seguidor Oculto de la Verdad
Altir seems like a good option, but given the Republic use of speed dominions recently, It would be wise to soak up as much territory as we can next to them before they steam roll over neutral planets.

The Redoubt Cluster does not directly border Mandalorian space - its direct neighbour is the Dominion. Mandalorians are presently inactive, but have an armistice with the Sith Empire.

Altir is a good target, but if the manpower and activity can be mustered it would be advisable to take the Redoubt.

Mandos we've traditionally been neutral with, though we were both part of the Treaty of Ithor until CIS and Fringe broke it. OP we've been neutral except for almost going to war twice OOC but having it stopped OOC both times. Fringe we just ended a war, we split up the Unknown Regions and agreed to leave each other alone. Dominion we have no contact with, but we banned their leader from the faction and the Dominion itself is incredibly inactive except for 2 people. Republic we have a treaty with, but I don't think anyone over there cares. Selena would love to attack us once she's done with the Sith.

Atir would be a bit faster, but I think we all agree Redoubt might have more long term benefit.

OP is about to go to war with the Fringe. I'm betting on Fringe. Real estate should be freed up, though that's for the future. Mandos we're neutral to - they just ended their own war with the Sith and have not been very active in the past.

Depending on the story will determine what cover identity I could use. Yokuni could use his Sith Cover identity and cause a bit of trouble. TGE could come in and make themselves look like the heroes while paining the trouble on the Sith.

Hitting the Redoubt could spark a war with the Republic. That puts us between them and the Dominion, which I believe are their allies? Altir would be safer and faster. Osseriton is another target that bares thinking about.

Garith could make for an interesting tool, PR is always a good thing when conquering ;)

And yes you are essentially correct Aiakos. Which is why it is important to use this time to build our strength.

Redoubt might be a bit provocational, but securing chiss space is a good idea regardless of what planet gets dominioned.

I'd also like to see a dominion or two run on diplomacy and intrigue/spy craft over brute force. Might help our image ICly if we aren't always using military force to conquer independent worlds.

Actually, I want this to happen enough I'll state right now that if we have enough interest in an intrigue flavored dominion I'll GM opposition for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom