Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Website Theme: Villain Skin Feedback | Critique

Gotta say, like Anna, I wasn't the least bit thrilled about the theme when I saw it. However, it's true, it's faster to work, with a simple one color background it's even faster. Which is exactly what I need for this bad internet I'm handling right now. And most importantly, I have my faction admin powers on it.

It's definitely a keeper ^_^

Whenever I switch from my computer to the mobile, it seems to revert the background to the standard jedi background for the site. then every time that I go onto the computer I have to switch it back. However this only does it for a few profiles.

It looks TOO crisp and new.

If you compare it to the current main page (for this purpose I'll say the Gungan Green skin), the first thing that jumps out at me is the icons. Small thing, yes, but small images with a Star Wars-like sci fi feel versus speech bubbles that you see on any new yet-to-find-its-way forum?

It feels very Y.u.k.u.-esque, which I bit of a put off since that look gets boring fast. And yay, cool backgrounds? If the background = what makes the layout good for you, then use the Villain one.

I certainly won't be using the Villain theme, and that's my prerogative. ^.^

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
I personally love it. It's modern, crisp, minimalist (emphasis on minimalist). The move to HTML5 is great for mobiles, and I like that the background doesn't scroll and the navbar is floating. (From a programmer's perspective, the one theme with interchangeable backgrounds is really sleek and convenient. Appreciate efficiency much.)

I do agree with [member="Chupa La'Roi"] on the chat bubble icons, but I'll assume that's an easy fix.

I understand it's not for everyone, but I hope that this is made a permanent option.

Beowoof said:
I personally love it. It's modern, crisp, minimalist (emphasis on minimalist). The move to HTML5 is great for mobiles, and I like that the background doesn't scroll and the navbar is floating. (From a programmer's perspective, the one theme with interchangeable backgrounds is really sleek and convenient. Appreciate efficiency much.)

I do agree with [member="Chupa La'Roi"] on the chat bubble icons, but I'll assume that's an easy fix.

I understand it's not for everyone, but I hope that this is made a permanent option.
Plans are to move it to default, but it still needs some work and bug-hunting.

Forum icons are next on the chopping block.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
I-I first thought we were talking about the 'Red - Villains'-theme, did not even notice the 'Villain'-theme at the end. So I was a bit confused on what had actually changed, but this theme? I love it. Excellent work, Tef.

Eric-1224 said:
Whenever I switch from my computer to the mobile, it seems to revert the background to the standard jedi background for the site. then every time that I go onto the computer I have to switch it back. However this only does it for a few profiles.
I also have this issue on my writer account. Every time I view the site on my mobile - it reverts me back to the main jedi blue theme, only on this account.

It's not a huge issue, and I'm assuming that if the Villains theme gets made the default theme of the site, this problem will no longer persist?

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
Lorelei Darke said:
I also have this issue on my writer account. Every time I view the site on my mobile - it reverts me back to the main jedi blue theme, only on this account.
That is a bit of an annoyance, considering that the new Villain theme is mobile-friendly, while the old themes not so much. I'd like it to start on the theme I've chosen 20 times before when I log on with my mobile.

I don't consider it high priority, as you can barely see the background when utilized on a mobile platform - and looks aren't that important when you're on a phone, not compared to functionality. I may look into it, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom