Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New/Transferring Character question

Hello, I skimmed the rules and didn't see where it directly addressed these questions. So here they are;

1.) Do all characters have to start at Padawan/Acolyte level, even if a Faction Leader approves it, or if it's not your first character?

2.) When transferring a character from another RP, is it possible to just transfer the rank? Say I have an Imperial Knight character who is Knight level. Say I want him to be an alien instead of a human. And maybe a different name. Would it be acceptable to make changes to the character, if the core of it stays intact?

Thanks.

1. Yes all new characters start out as Apprentices or Padawan.

2. This is slightly more iffy and i would say is up to the admin approving the transfer. Personally i would say as long as the core of the character is the same and the previous RP's on the other board(or chat) are still relevant then its okay.

I could be wrong but in regards to 2 - I believe there has to be solid RP to back it up (Links, another person from the website who is here, ect) to vouch for your character or person. Then you appeal/apply/whatever to the Administrators through Character Titles and they will look it over and get back to you.

Typically, if you got the RP to back it, they will approve it. Administrators discretion.

EDIT - OoO am I not supposed to answer that? LoL.

[member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

You are right...there needs to be threads backed up for the transfer. I was going to transfer my character over from another site and after thinking about it...decided to start fresh

[member="Faye Terrik"]

my advice.....include EVERYTHING in regards to posts/thread....like promotion ranks from approval threads.

[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] - Thanks.

[member="Aaralyn Rekali"] - The issue is that I have a bad habit of not keeping the 'here is this characters RP history' in their bio. But I have seen quite a few people from my old RP here, I guess it was a bigger one than I realized.

I suppose it was more of a question of if the transfers are a 'You are responsible enough to have a Knight-level character of this faction' or if it was more of just a direct import. A big issue is the history for me, seeing how the Remnants/Sith are a lot different than the other board I was on. Having the character come from a certain background and history just wouldn't make sense on this one.

[member="Xhexania"]

Sorry for double post. The issue is that on that board, the rules were different. I had a Jedi Master and a high ranking Dark Jedi. Both obtained through hard work. They're more lax on that board, where it's up to the Faction Leader if someone can join with a Knight-level character. Basically I had proved myself competent with my last two characters, that I could make a Knight. There's training history in the background, but no dev threads per say.

Right now, sounds like it's not going to fly in this board, though. Probably just going to start an apprentice level character.

Matreya

[member="Faye Terrik"]

Usually, most forums keep a list of all of your threads, even if you dont make one. For example on this site the 'my content' feature.

Also, if you can link to the character itself maybe someone else can go through and get a feel for it/find a quick list etc

Doesn't hurt to try, but if you have absolutely nothing backing your claim to a higher rank we won't back you unless you have a Staff member willing to vouch for you (RPJ or Admin).

I hold the person who vouches for you responsible for your behavior in that rank, so they usually don't vouch unless given good reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom