Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the site

Hello all! Newbie here. I am not new to PbP however, having role-played for several years, drifting through forums as I go. I have to ask, how long has this place existed? I just now found it, and have played in several different forums. Was it hidden from me? Regardless, I am happy to be here, and hope to create some awesome characters and stories.

If I understand the format correctly, you create a writer profile and then create characters to role-play with, yes? Ingenious system, I must say. I cannot wait to see the amount of mischief I can drum up. I also see that a variety of people create characters based on famous celebrities. Anywhere I can see who exactly has been claimed? Wouldn't want to create a twin of someone accidentally.

Thanks all!

Hey there. Welcome to Chaos. ^_^

We're about two years and some change old now. Chances are you found us by Google, though, and we've only started to contest the top spot during common searches there in the last couple of months.

We don't have a "face claim" system. Use what avatar you want for your characters. It's confusing to double up, but not against the rules. Since we don't have a rule against it, it also means we don't have a list of who looks like what. With hundreds of characters here, that'd be a pretty impressive list. XD

Need any more help or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

[member="ArcturusDM"]
Welcome to Chaos!

In regards to the writer/character account, that can be the case if you wish - you may use the writer account as a character as well if you'd wish (like I am doing presently, being that my Factory Judge Account is my writer account and a character). As far as face-claims and such go, Fabs summed it up rather well above. There used to be a few Jennifer Lawrences running around, right now I believe there are a few Cinematic Magnetos.

My my, that was quick. Nice to see such activity honestly. Its quite late where I am, so its nice to see some life in a forum, though I assume that the forum is worldwide and not just the United States.

Even still, I'd rather not mold a character's looks after someone that already exists. Ah well, I'll search for someone fitting my characters face and just use that.

I am honestly surprised I didn't find this place earlier. Regardless, happy to be here.

Quick question, as I see the galaxy and history is slightly different then the original series, who/what controls the watery world of Jabiim? I might need to skim over some information on its current history.

[member="ArcturusDM"]
We have an actively-changing map of the galaxy available at the top of the site (mouse-over Holonet and a dropdown will appear that leads to the Map) that might give you an answer to that. A word of warning, though, our map is looked at from a different angle than most canon starmaps, so it may appear confusing at first.

Thank you for that. I had a look at it, and was unable to find Jabiim. I was actually unable to find it in most canon maps, even though it is a canon planet. Odd. Oh well, I would assume much of the planet was destroyed by the outbreak of the Gulag virus, and much of the small population was decimated. Gives my character more reasons to leave the muddy prison.

[member="ArcturusDM"]

If its not there, you can actually add it to the map(forget the thread where you do this though) I did a bit of research and managed to pinpoint Amar which is now on the map. (I was very proud of that one).

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="ArcturusDM"] adding a world to the map is easy if it is canon but the hex rule needs to be followed if there are to many planets it won't be added. Still can be used though and you can have a lot of fun on it.

[member="ArcturusDM"]

Jabiim is in fact on the map, near Iego, which is at the southernmost point of the Silver Jedi's territory, on the site map. You'll find Jabiim right on the Mara Corridor. :)

Need to find something on the map? I can find it. Need to place a canon world that isn't on the site map? I can do that to an excellent degree of accuracy.

In fact, I can teach you how, if you're interested.

Also, Welcome to Chaos! :D

Now, of course, whenever I hear "Arcturus," I immediately think of Korhal and sentencing Sarah Kerrigan to a most unpleasant destiny as a one-woman superweapon against forces beyond human understanding...

But I'm sure you're not that kind of Arcturus. :p

Of course not! Though, I have to admit, creating a warlord hell-bent on creating his own legacy and alliance does sound fun.

In all seriousness, I just love the word, along with the mythology the word carries.

Thank you all for the wonderful welcomes! I can see how active and friendly the website is and am very exciting to start immediately!

EDIT: Posted as my first character. Have to get used to that I guess!

[member="Nym Thorne"]

Hello long lost twin
9LX3Ita.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom