Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 'Star Wars' Films Coming...

Latest news from Disney is 'Game of Thrones' creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are to write and produce a new series of Star Wars films.

They will be separate to the 'Skywalker' saga and the Rian Johnson trilogy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQT-3JODB8k

SO.

Thoughts?

People seem really against the GOT guys writing Star Wars.

I like Star Wars. I've heard good things about GOT. I love the rumour that we're looking at The Old Republic.

I'm content.

All my yes.

Something a little more gritty perhaps, definitely fitting if they go Old Republic. The cinematography of Game of Thrones is astounding as is their attention to detail. Personally I can't see anything less than greatness coming from this, and a shift from the main storyline would be welcome. Maybe they'd do us all a solid and draw upon some of the EU, but perhaps that's asking a little too much!

Either way, colour me excited!

The Old Republic Era with the gruesome and dark detail of Game Of Thrones?

Hell yes, I'd like to see emphasis on the darker nature of the galaxy, both politically and otherwise general social behaviors outside of the previous focus of the main saga/movie franchise.

I can see why some would be opposed to it but I would like to hope for the best, remain optimistic given how much I love both SW and GoT.

I am rather excited and worried. Remember it is the material and G.R.R. Martin that added flare and rich story-telling to their writing. I have seen what they did without Martin's universe as a foundation and it's ok? I don't know. But, then again, its a similar situation with SW as they will be using its expansive lore as a foundations. So who knows at this point.

I just don't want a SW film where they swear.

'The Last Jedi' destroyed it for me when Finn shouted "bastard". I didn't like it, feel it was needed or added anything to the character or scene.

But as I've never seen Game Of Thrones I guess their work is an enigma to me!

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
I've enjoyed GoT. So, yeah, I'd rather these guys than Rian. So, I'm fine with it. Not so much with Rian still being attached to something else, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom