Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work In Progress New species concept; Endermen

My take on more realistic Enderman : r/Minecraft

That's right, it's happening.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To give the outer reaches of the galaxy (and perhaps parts of the oblivion world if possible/allowed) some extra hostility!
  • Image Credit:
  • Canon: @The_Doctor8636) / Twitter
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: None
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Far-Folk
  • Designation: Semi-sentient
  • Origins: Extra-galactic
  • Average Lifespan: 128-145 earth standard years
  • Estimated Population: Inter-planetary, estimated population; 3.5 billion
  • Description: Standing well over the average human, this unpredictable-natured creature can and will dismember any enemies if provoked. These creatures do not seem to differ between gender, if they even are a gendered species. Nothing in their nature points to them being non-intelligent, as they seem able to work together to construct small vertical stacks of stones, though whether these are shrines or not is still under question. These beings are in fact quite approachable, however it is wise to keep your head down and keep moving along when in their presence. These beings seem to have some control over a mid-range space-time distortion ability, any link to the force in unknown, however the strange energy signature that these beings emit seem to indicate some sort of quantum-interference/disruption in their very form.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: types I-III
  • Average Height of Adults: 3.8-4 meters
  • Average Length of Adults: N/A
  • Skin color: Jet-black
  • Hair color: N/A
  • Distinctions: They seem to emanate a strange signature, though it only reaches a RAD of 3, therefore relatively harmless.
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: Rare
Strengths:
  • Nimble; these lanky beings are surprisingly agile.
  • Inhuman Strength; these beings are quite strong. They are capable of carrying meter-wide boulders with ease.
  • Quanti-Anomalous; these beings seem to have some leeway in their seemingly natural spacetime-temporal displacement.
  • Incredible eye-sight; while their bio-luminescent eyes invert their color-wavelengths (the colors they see), it seems that they can spot your gaze from kilometres away.
  • Resilient; while not completely invulnerable, these beings are still pretty tough. Their hide is comparable in strength to standard storm-trooper armor.
Weaknesses:
  • Hydrophobic; these seem to be silicon based lifeforms, water can reek hazardous effects upon their bio-forms.
  • Rage-prone; when aggravated, they will charge into almost anything to end the existence of the being that aggravated it.
  • Unsuspecting; when not aggravated, these beings seem to completely dis-concern themselves with other forms of life around them.
  • Weak jaws; these beings' jaws are quite frail and sensitive, though they can easily be unhinged to prevent major pain.
  • Tall; these beings cannot fit through most standard doorways. Though, due to their long arms, they can bend down and reach into shallow crevices to grab enemies or rocks.
CULTURE
  • Diet: omnivorous
  • Communication: far-speak; an inhuman series of sounds that barely resembles words to the untrained ear
  • Technology level: primal; see History for more detail
  • Religion/Beliefs: All that is known is that they have a habit of staking rocks in vertical pillars/stacks, whether these are a form of worship or not is still under question.
  • General behavior: For the most part, they seem to aimlessly wander a given area until their quantum-displacement transports them away. These beings seldom eat anything, though they have been observed to consume both vegetation and other fauna. Rarely, a few have been observed to be able to use the force to levitate boulders off the ground slightly so they can reach it easily.* (See History for more detail)
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
  • Deep in the outer rim, years after the separatists were slain, a strange energy signature appeared hailing for the desert planet Yalara. A Jedi knight and his padawan, whose identities were withheld at their faction's request from this historical log, were the first to investigate the scene. What they found were tall, lanky, jet-black beings wandering aimlessly around the Yalaran ruins. The Jedi were initially wary of these strange beings, but when one of them approached one of these beings everything went to chaos. The Jedi were caught completely off guard as the being charged at them with alarming speed while giving a haunting screech. The Jedi simply could not react in time, even though they were originally a good 3 meters away from the far-folk. The being simply teleported closer and within seconds, the Jedi were dead.
  • Many have tried to observe these creatures from afar, though at risk, people still needed to know more about these killing-machines. While the more careful survive, there have been numerous accounts of deaths at the hands of these beings in the short time they've been in this galaxy.
  • While more and more are constantly being found on more and more planets throughout the galaxy, very few have been successfully hunted. And because of this fact, many thrill-seeking hunters and mercenaries have taken to hunting them, very few are successful in their endeavor. Those who are successful have wasted no parts of these far-folk, as their flesh is considered a delicacy in many markets, illegal or otherwise. Though, the risk is usually worth the reward. Plus, having a far-folk Skull mounted in one's ship is quite the conversation starter.
  • While rare, far-folk can be seen digging shallow holes on different kinds of terrain to plant a strange seed, it emanates a similar but far more hazardous energy signature as the seed's signature give a RAD of 985.
  • As stated under their general behavior, a handful of far-folk have been observed to levitate small and moderately sized boulders off the ground to more easily grab stones. While these force-sensitive far-folk are seen to have the capability, it is largely unknown as to how much control any one of these individuals has. Training does not seem a valid option, as no far-folk seem capable of understanding humans or other similar species, also there's the whole aggression thing.
As I've stated in the comments, expect this page to change severely in the future, because when I'm done, it will (hopefully) abide by the Cross-Over rule.

Last edited:
Skellege Nauss Skellege Nauss

Hi there - I just wanted to reach out before you got too far in this submission. We noticed that there is quite a bit of crossover between this species and the "Enderman" from Minecraft. You will need to make this more your own or else it will not be approved by the Codex due to the following rules being circumvented:

1.) All submissions need to conform to the general idea of Star Wars. No Gundams, no Transformers, no Pokemon etc.

2.) Cross-Over Role-play is not allowed.

You have taken the name, content, appearance, behavior, and habits from another fandom. From "being provoked by a player looking them in the eyes" to the name, even, the teleporting, Ender Pearls, Chorus Fruits, etc. It essentially seems to be the Minecraft Enderman but simply, slightly, reskinned.

Please review this submission before posting it to live judgment and update it accordingly. You may draw inspiration from any source you like but you still do need to make each and every submission your own. It also needs to be in the spirit of Star Wars - Currently, it is not.

Hi there - I just wanted to reach out before you got too far in this submission. We noticed that there is quite a bit of crossover between this species and the "Enderman" from Minecraft. You will need to make this more your own or else it will not be approved by the Codex due to the following rules being circumvented:

1.) All submissions need to conform to the general idea of Star Wars. No Gundams, no Transformers, no Pokemon etc.

You have taken the name, content, appearance, behavior, and habits from another fandom. From "being provoked by a player looking them in the eyes" to the name, even, the teleporting, Ender Pearls, Chorus Fruits, etc. It essentially seems to be the Minecraft Enderman but simply, slightly, reskinned.

Please review this submission before posting it to live judgment and update it accordingly. You may draw inspiration from any source you like but you still do need to make each and every submission your own. It also needs to be in the spirit of Star Wars - Currently, it is not.
Heheh, yeah I figured that was coming, will do.

Did you at least get a good ol' chuckle out of it, yeah?

Reallly though, I just wanted a solid base of what I was dealing with and where I wanted to end up, I am well aware of the current state, hence why I haven't put this up for review yet, and plan on changing much of the info. As you can see I've started this process by changing the name and giving a more Star-Warsy feel to their abilities, however, I'm still far from done yet. Do expect this to look slightly different in the coming week. -Azazel

Reallly though, I just wanted a solid base of what I was dealing with and where I wanted to end up, I am well aware of the current state, hence why I haven't put this up for review yet, and plan on changing much of the info. As you can see I've started this process by changing the name and giving a more Star-Warsy feel to their abilities, however, I'm still far from done yet. Do expect this to look slightly different in the coming week. -Azazel

While I can understand the thought process of "laying information out" you should also understand why something of that nature is exceedingly concerning. Even in a WIP Area. We respect the intellectual property of others - Not something I can really laugh about.

As it seems that you fully grasp the situation I look forward to seeing the original finished product.

While I can understand the thought process of "laying information out" you should also understand why something of that nature is exceedingly concerning. Even in a WIP Area. We respect the intellectual property of others - Not something I can really laugh about.

As it seems that you fully grasp the situation I look forward to seeing the original finished product.
Wilco.
EDIT: as of right now I'm in the "Omission Stage" where I cut out certain details that I don't really see a purpose in the final rendition, bear in mind, I haven't considered all of the current details and how they will play out in the "Final Rendition Stage..."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom