Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Galactic Battle Arena Tournament

1. [member="Azalyn Falconer"]
  2. [member="Dominik Borra"]
  3. [member="Jynx"]
  4. [member="Ahogo Skuji"]
  5. [member="Face"]
  6. [member="Zef Halo"]
  7. [member="Keira Ticon"]
  8. [member="Darth Ferus"]
  9. [member="Drin"]
This is everyone we have so far. If you're definitely, 100% sure you're willing to commit to participate, hop on over to the Code of Conduct page. Read and post that you've done so in that thread and you'll officially be entered into the tournament.

Alright, so I haven't had a chance to get a how to put up yet. I'll try to do that either tomorrow or the day after. Barring the unforeseen, the tournament will kick off Monday morning.

In the mean time, I wrote a series of blog posts a while back that should give any newcomers an idea of what's going on. Check it out here: http://starwarsrp.net/blog/484-dueling-101/

It's a little lengthy, but it might help.

1. [member="Azalyn Falconer"]
  2. [member="Dominik Borra"]
  3. [member="Jynx"]
  4. [member="Ahogo Skuji"]
  5. [member="Face"]
  6. [member="Zef Halo"]
  7. [member="Keira Ticon"]
  8. [member="Darth Ferus"]
  9. [member="Drin"]
  10. [member="Galen"]
  11. [member="Aya of House Dizen"]
  12. [member="Ijaat Mereel"]
  13. [member="Atiniir Starrider"]
  14. [member="Saran Drast"]

Alright, so this will be kicking off tomorrow morning. Since we have 14 people, I've had to cook up a way to make things work bracket-wise. I think I've got it figured out.

The first round, everything will proceed normally. You and your opponent will face off and proceed to kill each other to death. I highly recommend that everyone give this first round their all, and if you're going to lose, do so in spectacular fashion, because losing might not be the end of your journey in this tournament.

For the second round, the two best losers will face off against each other for a wild card slot in the semifinals.

My logic behind this move is twofold: I've seen many a fight where the better combatant manages to lose. It is entirely possible to fight a flawless fight and still lose due to circumstances beyond your control. You may face off against an opponent that you're simply ill equipped to fight. You may make a tiny mistake that gives a clever opponent a chance to turn the tables. Whatever the reason, if you knock my socks off and still manage to lose, you may be given a second shot at glory.

Also, doing it this way allows me to run things like a simple 16 man bracket. All the combinations for a 14 man bracket were excessively complicated, and no one likes that.

The first round matchups are as follows:

[member="Azalyn Falconer"]
vs
[member="Saran Drast"]

[member="Dominik Borra"]
vs
[member="Atiniir Starrider"]

[member="Jynx"]
vs
[member="Ijaat Mereel"]

[member="Ahogo Skuji"]
vs
[member="Aya of House Dizen"]

[member="Face"]
vs
[member="Galen"]

[member="Zef Halo"]
vs
[member="Keira Ticon"]

[member="Darth Ferus"]
vs
[member="Drin"]

Threads will go live tomorrow sometime around 1000 EST. Good luck, and may the Force be with you.

The first round has wrapped up and while Eralam is out west blowing things up and training bald eagles to cry tears of whiskey, I agreed to take over the reins of the second GBA tournament.

It looks like I'm going to need an alternate for Round 2! If you're interested, first come first served.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom