Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction New Friends and Old Ones (NJO)

Iri Tuteru

I

New Friends and Old Ones
Time: Evening
Theme: Spaceship Sounds

It had not been long since he had arrived aboard the Prosperity, he had only recently been brought here by a Master of the Order, Valery Noble, so that he could continue his training and potentially find a Master to continue his path as a Jedi. The ship that he stood on was still very new to him, he had been given the most basic tour but was still unfamiliar with a large portion of it. Standing within one of the many corridors that split into a fork with a puzzled look on his face, looking left and then to the right, clear unsure on how to make his way back to his quarters.

He sighed lightly to himself as he spoke out loud "You're lost, aren't you.", clearly his eagerness had caused him to traverse the ship in search of new people, but he had not taken care in remembering the way back. Though he had come across a few individuals, most of them were too busy to stand around and talk, or show him around the different parts of the ship in any real capacity.

"Perhaps if I just go...." pausing for a moment as his gaze flicked from one path to another, scratching his head as he struggled to make a decision.

Three days it had taken her, and she wasn't even finished. Prosperity was amazing, like a honeycomb of corridors and facilities. None were designed with Songwings in mind, of course, but that didn't matter. Three days and she estimated she was only half way done.

This was her first time aboard, returning from a mission on the Outer Rim. Quarantine for the artifact she recovered afforded her plenty of time. Or, perhaps not. Five days. Not the six she'd require. Better pick up the pace.

Gliding through the halls, she stuck to the rooftops, enjoying the freedom the high ceilings afforded her. At least, compared to the couriers and transports she was used too. Those that noticed her had the typical reactions. Amusingly, she recalled a technician chasing her through the halls, believing her to be some animal or pet that had escaped someone's quarters.

Pets weren't allowed onboard, at least not unannounced. A little nibble here, or a little nibble there, and before you knew it they would be flying backwards.

Oh. He's new.

Tieuvelli arched her back, talons outstretched to land softly on the Chiss' well-kept hair. She was careful not to ruin it, but kept no promises! Her head swiveled, looking behind them, then in front, was he lost?

"Are you lost, or simply admiring the architecture? I wouldn't blame you for either. Three days and I've maybe covered half?"

Iri Tuteru

Iri Tuteru

I

New Friends and Old Ones
Tags: Tieuvelli Renlas Tieuvelli Renlas

The Pantoran was startled by the creature landing on his head, and even more startled when it began speaking to him. His homeworld of pantora was relatively simple and lacked many of the unique and interesting species that the galaxy had to offer, it was simpler there, though wartorn at the hands of the Sith Empire.

Jumping and letting out an embarrassing yelp, he quickly scrambled to compose himself in front of the bird. He glance left and then to the right to ensure a Padawan wasn't playing some kind of trick on him, before replying rather sheepishly "Ah- I... Yes. I am lost.". Stumbling through his words he finally was able to let his true intention. He quickly moved to introduce himself, turning his head back and forth as he tried to catch a glimpse of what had landed on his head.

"My Name is Padawan Iri Teteru." pausing for a moment as his gaze flicked from side to side once more. "I was looking for a place to train and before I knew it I had lost my sense of direction. Do you know the way back to the Padawan quarters? Or perhaps any interesting spots on the ship? I'm sure you see a lot that others would miss"

Iri Tuteru

Tieuvelli churred her body thrown to the left then right, uncomfortable with the sudden movement, she hopped forward gliding gently down to the ships plated. Might as well have been stone, she thought, feeling the cold run through her body. Turning her body to face the Padawan she looked up at him, studying Iri as he introduced himself.

He was not as she expected, his cool blue skin contrasted the warm gold eyes. Certainly not a Chiss. He stumbled through his words but soon found his voice. Confident but most importantly sincere, most Padawans she knew, would not admit to a perceived failing such as getting lost. Of course, she was such a Padawan once.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Iri Teteru. I am Tieuvelli Renlas, a Jedi Seeker." She cooed, talons beginning to tap on the metal plates as she hopped closer. "Well, it seems to me you are a smart fellow Iri and this a good opportunity for some practice." She glanced around taking note of the magnetic fields that surrounded them, radiating from the ship's core.

"The Slipstream tells me we are on the starboard of the ship. Now, if I told you Jedi Temples were always built like fortresses. With living arrangements situated nearer the heart and that the corridor to our right leads further starboard?"

"Could I please perch on your shoulder, before the technicians catch up with me? Also the floor is freezing."

Last edited:

Iri Tuteru

I

New Friends and Old Ones

Iri looked surprised at the bird's appearance as she hopped down from his head, not by any means in a rude manner, his gaze holding more of an inquisitive look as he watched what most would consider a lesser sentient species reply in galactic basic. As much as he was not what she expected, neither was the bird what Iri expected.

"It is a pleasure to meet you too Jedi Tieuvelli Renlas." He smiled as the bird complimented him, clearly not used to receiving much praise outside of his talent for lightsaber combat. He listened along as she explained where about in the ship they were, paying close attention. After she finished speaking Iri would offer his thoughts "So we need to take the left path to head deeper into the ship and towards the living quarters?"

As the bird followed up with asking for a place to pitch, he nodded his head lightly and extended out his arm as he prepared himself for the approach, hoping to not jump and be caught off guard this time. "No issue at all, I can only imagine how you feel so close to the cold floor" he let out with a confidant grin beaming out on his face, allowing his pearly white teeth to shine in the hallway.

"Oh no, the pleasure is mine. It's nice to meet someone on this ship who doesn't immediately presume to know my intentions. Why just yesterday, I was flying through the gardens when suddenly this probe comes out of nowhere and shoots me!" She exclaimed, "It must have mistaken me for a rodent."

leaping into the air to land on Iri's offered perch. Landing her powerful talons locked a firm but gentle grip securing her to his arm for the moment. Iri's grin brought out a faint purr, "No. The floor is both dangerous and cold." Back on Kashyyyk landing anywhere near the forest depths was a death sentence for her kind. The instinct was so ingrained in her psyche that not even decades of conditioning could completely free her of it.

His smile and assistance received an appreciative uhoo in turn ear tufts rising, "But I digress, I think you are quite right. We will find the Jedi Temple and the Padawan quarters to the right. Have you yet seen the Temple or its facilities? I know the museum like the back of my wing, and there is a spot I know in the library where you can observe the galaxy. A good place to meditate if you ever need time alone."

"Oh, and please call me Eri. It's what my friends call me."
She trilled, glad to have met Iri.

Iri Tuteru

Iri Tuteru

I

New Friends and Old Ones

He kept his arm steady as she landed on it, trying to maintain a careful balance so she would feel safe, and also not tear his arms to shreds should she lose her footing and need to clasp his arm tighter. His bright golden eyes locked onto hers as she continued to explain other areas of the ship, the sheer look of amazement was plastered all over his face.

As the bird enquired about how much of the ship he had seen, he replied with an air of confidence around him "I have seen quite a bit of the ship by now, it is surprising how much you can stumble across when you are lost, just not the parts that I was hoping to see. I did have a small tour by Master Valery Noble, but it didn't stick within me well."

He flashed a small smile at the mention of being lost once more before continuing on with what he was saying "Having a closer look at the library or museum would be interesting, I haven't seen that yet. Would you be able to take me there Eri?" the latter half of the sentence, notably the name was said in a reserved manner, as if it felt odd referring to a Jedi seeker by just their first name, no matter how non-humanoid her species was.

Iri Tuteru

Paying close attention to Iri, Tuevelli began to preen her feathers' listening as he explained his adventures. Once more Iri proclaimed himself to be lost. She had no intention of leaving this Padawan with the impression getting lost was somehow a bad thing. "I'm pleased to hear Master Valery Noble Valery Noble was able to make time for you in her busy schedule." She hooted jokingly, before more cautiously adding, "Getting lost is just another way of exploring. Indeed, many adventurers and Jedi have made a career from it. Have you heard of Ilum? We wouldn't have discovered that if a Scout hadn't gotten lost."

Tuevelli recalled trying to find time to meet the new master, but for some reason, she held little interest in reading her reports on the significance of Je'daii architecture. She found it interesting that such ruins had survived so long and so well preserved despite everything, but the bombardment of Je'dah left a hole in her heart. It was her sincere hope, Iri and other Padawans like him, would not be exposed to such conflict, but she doubted the Maw cared for her concerns.

In regards to Ilum, if the Padawan had not yet learned of the Sapphire Star's significance he soon would, and she hoped it might reinforce Iri's natural confidence. His request to see the library and museum surprised her. Most Padawans sulked away from the classical arts, preferring the more practical lessons instead.

"Iri I would love to be your guide around the library. Please follow me." Tieuvelli trilled moving her body to face forward. Once the hallway was clear of the crew, she pushed off Iri spreading her wings to catch air, and being a silent glide through the corridors leading the way towards the Jedi Temple, and the contained library within. She kept a steady pace, ensuring Iri was put under no pressure to rush, although her excitement did occasionally get the better of her.

Their journey would end near the heart of the Temple, a domed circular chamber with polished marble floors decorated with the traditional eight-pointed star with the northern and southern points reaching to either side, where arched doors marked respective entrances. Its heart was dedicated to study space, small tables occupied by groups of students and some Jedi Knights that paid little heed to the small owl taking perch near one of the columns near the entrance.

When he arrived Tuevelli said, "Welcome to Prosperity's library, there are books and philosophies here too numerous to count!" She chirped excitedly, "And many more topics besides. If I wasn't out exploring the Galaxy, I'd spend many more hours studying here."

Iri Tuteru

I

New Friends and Old Ones
Theme: library Sounds

As the bird replied, he paid close attention to every word that was said. At the mention of Illum, a grin formed on his lips as he nodded his head. Few Jedi had not heard of the famed planet, known for producing the vast majority of kyber crystals within Jedi lightsabers. Like many of his peers, he hoped that one day he too would enter into the crystal cave in search of his own crystal. "I have heard of Illum, but I had no idea that is how it was discovered, I always thought that well, I guess it never really crossed my mind how it was originally discovered. I just always knew how important the planet was to the Jedi."

Though Iri did not have the traditional love for the Library as some of his peers held, being on Coruscant with little Jedi presence in the now ruined great temple, he had been forced to teach himself a lot of the Jedi ways. Who knew what he might be able to read within the great library of this ship, perhaps there was more knowledge on the different lightsaber forms, something of a passion of his. "Perfect, I'll be right behind you Eri." Iri called out as he walked with a quick pace to not fall behind as the bird soared along the halls of the ship. His arm certainly felt lighter now the creature was not perched on him.

Iri hummed slightly as they moved through the ship headed towards the centre, his attention would be drawn to the various different paths, taking time to peer down each one wondering where they might lead. As they arrived at the library, Iri let out an audible gasp at the sheer scale and grandness of it. "Well I- this is amazing, it can even rival the library on Coruscant! Well... old library now..."

His head span as he looked around, running through the door to get a better look at everything. "I want to see the different records on lightsaber teachings, where can I find those?" Iri asked with an inquisitive tone, his face scrunching up as a large grin formed on his lips. His voice quietening slightly as he saw the different Jedi studying away, taking some care not to disturb them.

Iri Tuteru

Sometimes, Tieuvelli liked to be surprised.

It wasn't the extent of his knowledge, but his inquisitive nature that resonated most with the Songwing. He might never have visited Ilum but knowing its name and significance was not insignificant. During times of war, it was easy for Jedi and Padawans to lose focus on the importance of their histories, and Iri had made an effort to inform himself of their culture.

Once again history was repeating itself across the Galaxy, the Maw stopping at nothing to hunt and destroy the histories she dedicated herself to recording and safeguarding. Then, he mentioned Coruscant. The loss was grave, and a part of her died knowing she had not been there to defend it. "Yes, Coruscant." She said solemnly, ear tufts seeming to sink into her plumage. Not wishing to ruin the mood, she turned her thoughts to Lightsaber combat.

"Fancy yourself joining the Guardians or member of the Jedi Watchmen?"
She chirped, staring at him with her beady eyes. "Well you are in luck, we have several dozen materials relating to Light Saber combat dating back to the dawn of the New Republic. Master Skywalker's teachings are a common favourite. If you were to ask my opinion, his teachings are a little dry for my tastes and I'd look to one of the Orders many Battlemasters."

Her mind's eye began sorting through the archive, searching for the relevant indexes and Holocron's for what Iri was interested in.

"Our earliest would be Kyle Katarn's Manuals," she said momentarily, distracted by a pair of Padawans leaving the library behind him. They called to her, and she simply hooted in turn. She liked to think the Padawans who came to her appreciated her help. Sometimes she did wonder how much of that was simply mild amusement, almost like some sort of mascot. Not that it mattered to her, if they were happy she was happy.

"Ah." She said suddenly, "I remember now, Index 1,200 through 1,432" Raising a wing she pointed to one of the server stacks in the northeast corner, "They should be accessible from those terminals. What sort of forms are you interested in?"

New Friends and Old Ones
Tags: Tieuvelli Renlas Tieuvelli Renlas , Iri Tuteru, Zeda Vorz Zeda Vorz

One could hardly live aboard the Prosperity and not take note of Dred Cisharra, how could he not be noticed? Dred was tall, very tall, if not over 2 meters high. His skin was a sickly pale shade of grey, his form was muscular, toned, well built, and strong; his health was certainly not in question. Protruding from his head were a pair of dark lethorns, while an equally as dark pair of cranial horns protruded from tentacles that wrapped around either side of his shoulder.

Dred was clearly a Jedi Padawan, donning the standard loose-fitting brown robes that had defined the order for millennia. Those who looked closer would notice a glimpse of a saber hanging from his hip under his robe. The hilt of his saber was long, almost too long, with more than enough space to be held by both of the man's large hands, with easily enough room for four of Iri's.

Dred was stood next to an almost equally pale woman, Zeda Vorz Zeda Vorz , reading from a holobook towards the section of the library that Tieuvelli Renlas Tieuvelli Renlas directed Iri Tuteru towards. On noticing the unfamiliar face enter the room, Dred placed down the holobook that he was reading, carelessly leaving it on a table for someone else to deal with.

Taking large strides, he would approach Iri with intent. Dred would tower over Iri, cocking his head to the side as he curiously looked at the unfamiliar face. "Should you not be in class, youngling? You look lost." Dred spoke with authority, a deep and commanding voice, clearly cocksure. "I'd intended to pay you no notice, but you've disturbed my-, our studying now." he would catch himself before he misspoke, correcting himself as he was no doubt followed by the pale woman that he was studying with. "Must I fetch Jedi Vakkea?" he would quickly follow up with.

Last edited:
Eagerly Tieuvelli was about to take flight leading Iri deeper into the library towards the manuals she had mentioned. At the end of the day, Iri's goal was no business of hers, she was neither his mentor nor master. Sometimes she wondered what that was like, having a Padawan. Understandably, the council generally did not consider her, in times of war, what use was there for a Songwing incapable of wielding a lightsaber teaching a Padawan?

"Should you not be in class, youngling? You look lost."

The voice pierced her. Tail feathers stretched as she leaned back, regaining her balance from a momentary attempt at flight. "I'd intended to pay you no notice, but you've disturbed my-, our studying now." The voice continued, her head swivelling until amber eyes met the deep blues of the Chagrian. His words didn't sit right with her, there was plenty of space, and if Iri irked him so much she did not see why they couldn't go elsewhere.

Biding her time, she allowed the Chagrian to finish, hoping he might surprise her. Meanwhile, her plumage began to surge like an animal poised to protect its kin. "Please do not act in ignorance Padawan." She countered, "Iri has only recently arrived, and I was showing him to his quarters. On our way, we stopped by the library where he hoped to begin his studies."

She took a moment to relax, "Now I understand your frustration, but I would hope you might be more welcoming to a new comrade. Why not instead offer him to join your studies? I'm sure there is much he can learn from you both." Tieuvelli suggested, preferring to defuse the situation rather than escalate it.

Iri Tuteru | Dred Cisharra Dred Cisharra | Zeda Vorz Zeda Vorz

Iri Tuteru

I

New Friends and Old Ones
Tags: Tieuvelli Renlas Tieuvelli Renlas Dred Cisharra Dred Cisharra Zeda Vorz Zeda Vorz

A Jedi Watchman? He had dreamed to join them or the sentinels, not that he was very familiar with either of the specialisations but that thought had been put to the back of his mind as he searched for a master. "I think that I would make a good watchman, but I suppose there are more important things that I need to learn for now." iri said as he scratched his head.

He listened attentively as she began to rattle off things that he had never heard of, no doubt great lightsaber masters of years gone by, with their legacy left within the library for safekeeping. He could hardly imagine what it would be for one day his name to be recorded alongside them. "Form four, Ataru. I have an affinity for it due to my lanky build, and well lack of strength. It allows me to use the few advantages I have"

He glanced over to the terminal and was taken back by the two figures who stood nearby. Their skin was so pale, in his view they looked almost sickly compared to his own midnight blue skin. He had only stolen a few looks before the larger of the two, an albino Chagrian if he was not mistaken, made his way over. "Well you see-" he could hardly get a word out before the padawan began to rebut him, and the mention of a Jedi Vakkea made him equally puzzled. He had never heard of such a man and was unsure of his relevance.

He remained silent as Tieuvelli came to his rescue. It was not often that someone stuck their neck out to defend him, after all the temple of coruscant was all but abandoned par a few remaining guards and Jedi that protected the holy site and remaining records. As she spoke, he could not help but allow his cheeks to flush peach, a small smile forming on his lips.

As Tieuvelli finished speaking, Iri spoke up as he scratched his head before speaking "I am sorry for disturbing you, I was a little over-excited. I do not have any classes as you see I am visiting from the temple on coruscant. I was just hoping to learn a little more about Ataru you see."

New Friends and Old Ones
Tags: Tieuvelli Renlas Tieuvelli Renlas , Iri Tuteru, Zeda Vorz Zeda Vorz

"Oh - I see, I could tell that he seemed out of place here, and simply assumed him to be a lost youngling. I'm sure you can see how I would think this." Dred would respond, changing his tone having raised the Jedi was behind him. He clearly hadn't realised he was being watched, and would now smile and feign friendliness

"You would of course be welcome to join our studying, in fact, we were just about to begin a session on Ataru" Dred would smirk to the young Padawan in a mischievous manner. He would beckon the Padawan to follow as he walked across the library past holobooks towards a door on the far side. He would glance to Zeda Vorz Zeda Vorz smirking, shouting out "I'll continue his tour when we're done studying, Jedi!" He would put his brawny and girthy arm around the padawans neck, gesturing him to follow "So what's your name then, younglings?" he would ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom