Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private New Beginnings

Samatharis

S
ogIB9Ws.jpg

New Beginnings
This was Naboo lake country. Green fields and blue waters as far as the eye could see. It was pleasant in the spring and warm in the summer. The perfect place to start.

Near the edge of the lake was a Summer Palace used by Naboo Royalty. It had a guest house for important dignitaries and was often visited by tourists and local farmers alike. It was a beautiful marble construction with tall towers, soft vistas, long white drapes, and plush royal rugs. And it smelled wonderful too.

Samatharis of Rulon was waiting at the edge of the lake for a new arrival. Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah , Tann Po'rah. Apparently the young Twi'lek girl had come to Naboo seeking a Master to train her in the Jedi ways. Well. Sam wasn't exactly from Naboo? But! She was definitely available to help the young gal find her place in the galaxy. And what better place to start then the beautiful scenery of lake country Naboo. Fit for royalty.

A water speeder approached the Summer Palace and Sam gave a wave from the water front to everyone aboard,

"Hello hello! Is there a... Um." She checked her phone, "...A Tann Po'rah aboard? Hehe."

She did her best to look professional. In fact, Samatharis wasn't dressed much like a Jedi at all. Poor thing. Sam was wearing an all black outfit underneath a soft shearling jacket. She looked much more like a wealthy tourist than a Jedi Knight. But the Lightsaber hidden on her belt also said otherwise. She wore armored riding boots and held a very modern phone in her hands too. Smiling happily, and wondering which of the gals aboard the vessel was Tann?

Umph. So many tourists today! The pier was going to be so crowded. Omph.

Public transportation was such an annoyance. But for the young Twi'lek there was no other way. Her mother didn't own a spaceship and neither did her aunt whom also lived with her back on Ryloth. So most of her savings went to buying tickets. Luckily Tann had saved up a good amount of credits working in her aunt's garage. She wasn't the best mechanic....in fact she was more of a liability than a help. But she was pretty and attracted customers so who was going to complain if she accidentally broke a gasket or two while picking apart an engine.

After landing on Naboo, Tann was struck with a bout of good luck. Practically given her dream right into her hands. Tann had come to this beautiful tourist trap in hopes of finding a Jedi master to train her. Not more than an hour of looking through local adds she found the very thing she was looking for. A master was looking for initiates to their order. Tann couldn't pass this opportunity up. She quickly -and clumsily- typed out a response to the Jedi and half an hour later she was taking a speed boat to the next location.

Tann was giddy. In her seat her legs shook and her feet bounced up and down. Her lekku shifted back and forth behind her head. She was too excited. Tann watched the waters of the port disappear and the pavilion ahead come closer and closer into her sights. The palace looked lovely. Tann had never seen something so beautiful. Not even her hometown on Ryloth held such beauty. It must just be the system's natural grace about it. As they approached the dock she saw a host of people waiting for them. Or more specifically the boat. Tann wasn't sure which of them was the Jedi...what did Jedi usually wear?

Then she heard her name. "Here!" she shouted. Tann stood and waved her arms, but lost balance from the shifting waves and fell back down into her seat. ""I'm here! I'm Tann!"

The crowd would stand and leave the boat forcing Tann to wait her turn before departing. But soon enough she was standing before the black-clad Jedi with an aura of excitement and nervousness. She herself was wearing black, but not nearly as much as the other girl. A black shirt with several fashionable cuts ripped into the sleeves. Her pants were gray with smudges of oil and dirt that had yet to be washed out. Same with her combat boots. Those were splashed with mud on top of all the other grime.

bV7Ceqr.jpg

Samatharis

S
Sam was blown away by how attractive Tann looked. Wow. Even just watching her fall over in her seat was kinda cute. Ha. Oh boy. The boys back at Jakku Enclave were in for trouble now. Haha.

"Welcome. Hi. I'm Sam. You can call me Sam. Welcome to Naboo Miss Po'rah. Can I help you with your bags?"

Sam didn't see any luggage but, it was still nice to ask.

"Let's take a walk, shall we? The Guest House for the palace is just up this way. I've booked us a room for tea. Don't mind the servants. They just love the gossip. Hehe."

The brunette human gave Tann a wave and lead her up the soft stone stairs. Away from the busy waterside and more towards the gardens. It was a warm summer's day and the wind was light and fluffy. The red flags of Naboo were flapping easily around the Guest House's luxurious exterior and a dozen priests and servants were milling about outside. There was even a stray goat wandering the cobblestone steps and Sam couldn't help but wonder if it had gotten loose recently or, perhaps it was an alien dignitary in disguise? Mmm. Hard to say. Best to ignore him for now. Goats were famous for eating your pants anyway. Dignitary or not.

"Here we are." Sam gestured to a sitting room just off the main interior. It looked like a state room in the finest sector of Coruscant. Though, there were far too many bronze statues for Sam's taste.

Sam ordered tea from a golden Protocol Droid and then moved to take a seat on a couch.

"Ah! Much better. Hehe. I love the crowds outside but, uh, the noise. So hard to hear yourself think on that dock. Hehe."

She motioned for Tann to enjoy herself. Tea would be served soon.

"So!? I hear you are looking for some Jedi training of sorts? Well. Consider me interested. I'm from the Academy of Jutrand and recently Knighted myself. The Masters thought it would be a good idea if I started interviewing for Padawans and Hopefuls. You know. People interested in learning more about us."

Sam turned to look out the windows. She was still crazy about this view. Wow!

"So yeah! What brings you to thinking about becoming a Jedi eh?"

There was a cheerful ease to which Samatharis talked. Like she was just another girl that Tann knew from school or from work. She seemed distracted, and rightly so, by the flora and fauna of Naboo. Smiling just as often at Tann as she did the servants and the hot drinks being served. Maybe she was on vacation? Hard to tell. Either way. Sam seemed nice and very comfortable here. She might have even bounced on the plush couches once or twice. Just to see how awesome royal furniture was. Oops! And pillows! Aww.

Sam scooped up at least two pillows and but them behind her back. Yesss. Much better.

Ha. This place was awesome. Erm... Back to Tann. Right. Focus. Focus Sam.

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

"Just Tann please," the girl responded at the sound of her last name. Those unfamiliar with Ryl tended to butcher the pronunciation. Luckily Tann wasn't that hard to say. Not like her mother's name which never got said correctly.

Tann would look behind her as if she expected something to be there. Bags? Oh....she didn't have any. Tann had enough money to buy a hotel if she needed to sleep somewhere. But she quite literally possessed nothing more than the clothes on her back. Either she was daring, or.....kinda foolish. Her new acquaintance would offer for them to take a walk to which Tann nodded in agreement; her lekku bounced as she did. Tann kept pace with the Jedi, though her eyes were elsewhere. She wanted to take in the whole scene. Take it all in. Naboo was such a different atmosphere than Ryloth. She doubted she'd ever want to leave.

After being directed to the waiting room, Tann walked in with wonder on her face. So fancy. So many statues Tann wondered if they were supposed to be someone important. She would eventually take a seat and asked for the same from the droid.

"Oh yeah. I'm used to things being loud from working in a garage all the time." To her next question, Tann crossed her legs in her seat and leaned over her knees. "Oh you are?! I'm so happy. I've been wanting to join the Jedi for years now. I've heard tales and stories of them from passing freighter pilots. The legends spoke of amazing trials and battles I've been infatuated with the idea."

Samatharis

S
Tann was absolutely darling. Oh gosh. This would be an easy interview. Sam just knew it.

"Years now? Wow. Well, it's not all sunshine and roses, let me tell you. But that's flattering. Thank you. Hehe."

The droid returned to serve the tea. Placing a long tray down on the coffee table between them and then being gestured away. When the robot had taken it's leave, Sam continued.

"So. Tell me about you then. You mentioned a garage? I can see from your clothing you must be the practicing professional. Speeders maybe? Or wait, ...Chromium ATVs. Oh gosh. How I wished, right? But who can own one of those, these days. Pfft. ...Someday. Someday."

She smiled and waved the joke away.

"But seriously. Tell me about your lifestyle. Being a Jedi can be a bit humble for most newcomers. You take an oath of non-attachment and live very simply for a few formative years. It can be a real shocker for some. So yeah. Tell me about you. Job, money, family, boyfriend? Etc. I think you'll be a great fit but, you just never know until you try. Hehe."

It was time to get a little background story on Lady Tann here. Then they could talk supernatural talents later.

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

Tann would give a gentle smile as the Jedi thanked her. Her shoulders shrugged a little causing her lekku to sway back and forth. A moment later the droid had returned with their tea to which the Twi'lek gave thanks and reached for her cup. Cupping it in both hands she brought it to her lips and blew on it to cool it down some before taking a sip. The warmth of the tea tickled her throat as it went down, giving her a fuzzy feeling.

"Well I wouldn't call myself a professional," Tann admitted. "But I do know enough to get a bird in the air." Tann chuckled at Sam's own little giggle. How adorable. "No we never worked on any of those. Typically we looked over freighters and small transports that docked on Ryloth. Nothing ever too major; buyers typically went to more corporate dealerships for that sort of repairwork. No one's going to pay a small garage to completely re-strip and mold a Corellian cruiser."

From there, the Jedi asked about Tann's personal life. She also gave a little information on what it took to be a Jedi. This was not something Tann had any knowledge of. She'd only heard the stories of Jedi whom saved towns and defeated evil monsters. They were heroes in her mind so of course any dream-filled teenager would want to follow in those footsteps.

"Well, I'm not sure what all there is to say. I grew up on Ryloth with my mother and my aunt. Occasionally I helped out around the garage and -wait I already said that. Uh...I don't know. I mean I had a few friends who were older than me but they all stayed behind to help out on the farms. I knew I couldn't stay home. The galaxy is just such a huge place how can anyone stay in one place? Not me. I want to see the stars."

Samatharis

S
Sam pursed her lips and nodded along. It didn't look like Tann knew much about the Jedi in general. She sounded like she was just a shop worker from Ryloth with big dreams and no luggage. Well. It wasn't a perfect fit. But? She'd seen worse. Besides. You never know how someone will adapt until you throw them in the deep end. So. I guess Sam had some explaining to do.

"You paint a perfect picture. I think I see where you're coming from. And, the good news is? I think you'll be a good fit for the Orders. Especially something with structure. Something you can get the hang of."

Sam nodded and thought through the long list of Jedi organizations in their modern galaxy. Tann certainly had her pick. Still? Best to keep it simple for now.

"Alright. Let's start with a little history lesson then. You see, the Jedi have been around for a very long time. The name means "sage" or "wizard". It used to be just what the common people called the mysterious folk who came from planet Jedda and could wield The Force. Supernatural talents like levitation. Today, it mostly refers to the men and women who arm themselves with The Force, take up the name Jedi, and resist the Dark Side and it's evil servants. All throughout the galaxy. Facing evil empires like the Sith and The First Order. This is the essence and the origin of the Faction Wars we still see today."

Sam motioned with just a gesture towards the tea cup on the table between them. Slowly, it began to move. Following Sam's finger as she traced it through the air. Speaking as she demonstrated,

"The Force is an energy field created by all life. It links us and everything we see. It is in everything and in between everything. And those rare people who are born with the gift to sense it? To manipulate it? Can, with time, learn to achieve even the impossible."

She stopped. And the tea cup stopped.

"But the connection between a Jedi and the Force is deeper than just your mind and your imagination. It comes forth from the very center of your being. Manifesting from your desires and your feelings too. Emotions such as anger or hate can taint and twist the Force as it emanates from a Jedi. Fear, even suddenly. Anxiety, even passively. Jealousy, even hidden. All these things can warp a Jedi's connection and, if left unchecked or unnoticed, can change the Jedi's personality too."

Sam held out her hand in an empty grip. Then slowly closed her invisible palm like a vice. Clamping down and frowning with her brow. And slowly. The tea cup began to crumble inwards too. Twisting like it was being crushed on all sides by giant steel fingers.

Then Sam stopped and took a deep breath. Suddenly, a great weight was lifted from the room. Like it had somehow become darker inside but nobody had noticed until just now. And when Sam stopped. The tea cup stopped. And a brighter light was brought back into the room.

"It is because of this reason." She gestured to the air itself. As if explaining what had just happened. "...That Jedi must train carefully to clear themselves of even unnoticed bad habits, even of the mind, body, or of the past. To remember how pure their connection must be. To keep the gift, a gift. Practiced. Disciplined. Trained. Until it is familiar. Until it is a part of you. Natural and easy. Just like breathing."

Sam took a deep breath. Then she smiled and snapped her fingers. Suddenly, the tea cup was back to normal. As if it had never been altered at all.

"So? With all of this in mind now. Can you tell me a little bit about your gift Tann? Can you tell me how, maybe, you feel different sometimes from other people? How you always knew you were special?"

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

A slight squeak came from Tann as Sam told her she'd be a good fit. And structure sounded perfect. Tann liked to have a routine. She always worked better when she could commit to a schedule and be expected to stay on top of it. She then sat back in her chair sipping her tea while she listened to Sam's history lesson. Her legs bounced up and down from the excitement. Hearing that she would be fighting off evil villains gave her that chill down her spine. She wanted to be a hero after all.

Her eyes were then directed to the empty cup on the table. Using her connection to the Force, Sam began to spin the cup slowly. Tann smiled and bit her lower lip as she watched. Such a simple thing and yet it delighted her every time she saw it. She listened as Sam explained how the Force worked, and that it connected everything and everybody. The cup then stopped but the room began to feel darker. Tann felt a sudden shift of cold air that made her want to take another sip of her tea.

The Jedi explained the dangers of the Force to their kind and how easily it could warp a person's senses. Demonstrated by the cup, she began to bend it unnaturally to the point of breaking. Tann held her breath as she waited for the cup to break. That's what she expected at least. But then the lecture was over and the room brightened up once more. The cup was then returned to its natural order. Now it was Tann's turn.

Tann would set her teacup down without saying anything. A wicked grin appeared on her face. Her focus went to the same cup Sam had used and she raised her hand toward it. She wanted to show this Jedi what she could do. She wanted to show off her strength. With no effort at all she clenched her hand while at the same time the cup shattered into pieces. Tann had used the tendrils of the Force to crush the cup as Sam had, only she did so without any restraint. This was what she thought the best approach to showing off her powers would be.

"See that?" she smirked with confidence. "I know all about the Force. And how to use it. I need someone to train me in other things."

It was quite clear Tann knew very little.

Samatharis

S
Ha! She's a natural! Well alright!

Sam actually smiled when Tann used a burst of her own ability to shatter the tea cup. Not because it was a good idea to go around smashing things. Oh no. But because Tann had already accepted her gift and could use it instinctively. Even harshly. It was still wonderful progress that few adults make on their own. Why, with the right people around and in a good healthy environment? Yeah. Tann was a shoe-in for a classic Jedi. Awesome!

"Wow! Great job Tann! You totally demolished that cup. Ha. Wow. That's very impressive. Bravo. Slayed it. Haha. Jeez. Rough much? Ha."

Sam leaned forward and poked a few pieces Stirring them around the table to see how small the fragments had gotten.

"Wow. Very few new students make progress on their first day. I'd say you have a naturally strong connection to the Force. An instinctive call. We Jedi would call it. Mm. I'd say... You're probably only a few years away from mastering your own abilities. Very cool."

Then she leaned back and gestured to the tea cup again with a smile,

"But um. I'm not paying for that, so..? Would you mind trying to mend it back together too? Hehe. I think the Royal Guest House would prefer their tea cups back in one piece, don't you?"

She smiled but it was obviously a moral scenario too.

"I mean. Even with the Force and sharp mind? We Jedi aren't above the rules of good table manners. Ooo. Poor tea cup. What did he ever do to you Tann? Oh bother. Why not try to put him back together too eh?"

After all. The Force wasn't just some baseball bat you go around swinging at innocent dish wares for fun. That was how the Sith used their power. Oh no. Time to teach Tann a little bit about how to be responsible with her gifts. Otherwise, well... I think Tann might just being purchasing the Naboo Royal Guest House a new piece of porcelain?

Oops!

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

A giddy look of victory came over Tann's face as Sam praised her. She'd done exactly what she wanted to and got the approval she needed. With no consequences to boot either. Or so she thought. "Thank you!" she'd reply back. "Yeah I can do so much more than that. And I wouldn't exactly call it my first day. My mother's trained me since I was a little girl."

As she mentioned her mother, Tann's voice hesitated a little. She looked away for a moment not wanting to make eye contact; her lekku even seemed to droop some. She was then brought back into the conversation as Sam explained she had to fix what was broken. "Uh........put it back?" Was that even possible?

The Twi'lek looked down at the broken shards and ground her teeth subconsciously. She'd never had to put something back together. She could move blocks and such with her mind, and she bet she could pick every piece of the cup up into the air. But to put it back together...and make it stay that way? That was a real challenge. Tann uncrossed her legs and leaned forward so she was sitting at the edge of her seat. She nodded to herself while raising her hand once more.

"Focus, Hope. You've got this." Tann made no explanation who this Hope was she'd randomly mentioned.

Taking a deep breath, Tann would reach out with her hand and begin to lift the larger pieces of the cup. Slowly they rose up off of the table as if controlled by strings. Tann seemed to struggle with this next part as moving them around was not so easy. She kept dropping one until finally she had but a single shard left floating. Veins seemed to pop in her forehead as she concentrated just keeping the one piece from moving around too much. Tann knew she could easily pull the shard to her if she wished; or, if she was angry enough, throw the whole thing against the wall and be done with it. But this level of finesse was staggering.

Finally Tann wiggled the shard back into place on the base. She held it there for a second until it stopped shaking then released it. But the moment she stopped holding it, gravity took over. The little glass piece fell over its side. Tann groaned loudly in frustration. "How am I supposed to do this? It's not like I have glue or anything!"

Samatharis

S
Sam smiled as the pieces began to float together. Mm, perhaps Tann didn't need Force Training after all? Then. Alas and albeit. Gravity took over.

"Well. Let's just say there is a good lesson in this then. Hm?"

She leaned forward and put her hand over the broken shards,

"Never use the Force to break anything..."

Sam waved her hand and the moment it passed over Tann's sight. The teacup was whole again.

"...That you can't put back together."

Then the brunette human leaned back and smiled. Gesturing to the newly renewed glass with a touch of mentorship.

"See. Good as new."

Then Sam slowly changed posture and put both hands on her knees. Looking out the window and seeing so much, much more to teach her.

"Tell me Tann. And, humor me. If you must. Mm. If... Well, if these abilities of yours made you a God. The most powerful woman in the world. Able to change anything at all, at your very will. What would you do with them? As,.. If you could do anything you wanted? Be, anything you wanted. ...I wonder. What would you be Tann Po'rah?"

She turned her head back with a smile.

"What would your heart desire most?"

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

Tann pouted and pursed her lips when she couldn't make the cup work. She doubted it would have worked from the beginning but wouldnt it have been nice if it had worked? Everything else in her life seemed to find its place; she was rather lucky. But that was just the Force guiding her movements. Was it really luck? She would then suddenly gasp as the cup was miraculously put back together. Now that was like magic.

Dumbfounded, Tann would exhale, "How in the 'verse did you do that?"

She didn't even think it possible. Yet there it was. Tann reached for the glass and picked it up. Sure enough, the pieces were all put back together without a crack or blemish. But Sam had another question instead for the girl. Gods? The most powerful woman in the world? Would she change who she was? Would she want to be something....more? Tann set the cup in her lap and looked down at the empty vessel. A sigh escaped her as she thought about it.

"I don't know. I mean...I've always wanted more money. I hate having to save up funds and scrounge around with discounts and such. I hated growing up poor. So I guess, being able to live comfortably. Never having to worry about money or bills or food costs."

Tann looked back up to Sam for her approval, "Is that alright to say?"

Samatharis

Samatharis

S
Sam gave a surprised shrug,

"Is that alright? I don't know, You tell me. You're the one who gets to make the morals now."

The brunette human gestured to the busy forum just outside their sitting room. Taking in all the grandeur of Naboo in one swish of her hand.

"You see. Being someone who can touch the Force makes you different from everybody else in the galaxy. The Force can offer you a destiny but you don't have to accept it. In fact, people like us Tann. People we call Force Sensitives. We aren't really held accountable to the rest of the galaxy in the same way other people are. I know you're worried about money right now. But, once you begin to master your talents? You'll probably never have to worry about money again. Ever."

Sam made a gesture with her hand. Holding it up so Tann could see her hand was empty. Back and front. Empty as thin air. Then, with a flick of her wrist, a credits card appeared between her fingers. Then, like a card trick, three more unfurled into her fingers.

It was like Sam was conjuring money from thin air.

"The reason I ask now. What would it be like to be a God. Is because, well, I sense that is exactly what your life will be like in the coming years. You won't just have the trouble of figuring out to do with unlimited money? Oh no. You'll have to struggle with what it's like to choose your own morals and values too. Completely unrestrained by culture, creed, or even the Gods themselves. You won't just be an adult, by galactic standards. You'll be unstoppable."

Sam gave a wave and the credits cards disappeared. It was a silly trick. But it was about making a point. Tann needed to see just how big the galaxy was about to become. And how being a Jedi can flip your whole world on it's head.

"You have a good heart Tann. Your mother taught you well. I don't say this because I'm worried for you at all. Rather, because I think you're mature enough to know and understand what I'm saying. See. To be a Jedi is to understand that the temptation to the Darkside. To the easy path. To unlimited power. To immortality. Can change all that you are in a heartbeat. Every Jedi struggles with this temptation and rightly so. It is good to struggle. It is part of the Force to discover who you are and to choose. Good or evil. And to look outside yourself and see the lives of other people."

Sam leaned back and gave a nod. That was enough deep, hard stuff for today. She didn't want to throw Tann into a Dagobah Cave just yet. Some challenges were too great and too potent for your first day. Sometimes you just have to take one step at a time.

"Anyway. Again, I think you have the brightest of futures ahead of you, Tann Po'rah. I really do. I can sense a bright spirit within. I can feel your mother's love. The Force's love. Heck, just one look at you and I practically love you! Hehe. You're a natural. With a good heart and wise sense of people. Given time, I know you will succeed at whatever you decide to set your mind too. And, in some small way, maybe the galaxy is counting on you too. To brighten the way."

Sam smiled and turned to look out the window again. Just, enjoying the moment.

"So. Do you have any questions for me? Otherwise, I'd say you're perfect. When can you start? Hehe."

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

To her surprise, Sam did not give Tann any validation. She merely asked a question in return. This was a debate really. A philosophical talk of morals. Tann already had a feeling she could go back and forth with the Jedi on this matter so long as she played the devil's advocate. They'd be talking in circles before she knew it.

"I guess I'll just have to accept the way things are. Or will be."

Tann directed her attention to the wave of Sam's hand as she gestured. She explained that Tann was now someone of...a higher standard per se. It tiptoed along a very dangerous line of thinking. This was close to the Dark side, believing they were better than everyone else. Not that the Twi'lek knew much more than that about the Dark side of the Force. Her mother taught her only enough so she wouldn't sway to its evils. Greed being one of them. And now Sam was telling her she'd never have to worry about money after all? Very dangerous thinking.

Yet, it was exactly what the young Twi'lek wanted to hear. She reveled in the words of the Jedi, soaking them in to heart. Her eyes gleaned at her little slight of hand trick, lost in the wonders of the magic act. It was no lie that Sam was bolstering her ego right now. Telling her that she'd be a god? Dangerous words Jedi Knight. Dangerous words. They came with a disclaimer at least; Sam went on to say how temptation would be a great threat to her. But ultimately it was her choice whether or not she followed the easy path or the.....well the right one. Tann simply nodded her head. trying to absorb it all like a wet sponge.

A slight blush would then come over her cheeks as Sam praised her once more. She couldn't help but smile and look down into her lap; her lekku bounced with a little step in them. Tann ushered a small thanks.

"Right now," she said exasperated, almost like she didn't believe this was happening. It felt so surreal. "I'm so grateful. I don't know what to say. Of course I will go with you. That's.....why I'm here. I want to learn. I want to take that step and become a Jedi. I have to know what it's like."

Samatharis

Samatharis

S
Sam smiled and stood up. It was enough.

She could sense the determination within Tann. The strength of her understanding and her convictions. She was untried, yes, but not unprepared. All she needed now was the time and the freedom to become whatever her burning spirit desired. It was time give her wings and watch her fly.

"Well, then that settles it then. Welcome to the world of the Force, Tann. We're happy to have you. Hehe."

Sam withdrew her phone and nodded to her schedule.

"First things first then. I'm headed to Coruscant and then Kashyyyk for a little bit. So we'll begin your training enroute."

She put her phone away and motioned them to the door. Their meeting here at the Guest House was already paid for so they could depart at their leisure. It was time to walk through the garden and find the car.

"If you'd like. You can accompany me on the journey? I've chartered a Royal Liner for the jump to galactic center. Plenty of cabins aboard. And my Order will be happy to pay for your company. We'll discuss lodging and specifics when we reach the Silver Temple on Kashyyyk. Needless to say, Padawans of the Silver Jedi are afforded a humble lifestyle so long as they keep to the Temple's rules. It's all very easy. Why, I suspect it will feel like a second home in no time."

She smiled and nodded to the door.

"Shall we?"

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

A giddy little shriek left Tann's lips when Sam welcomed her as her Padawan apprentice. "Oh thank you so much! You have no idea how much this means to me?"

From there, her new mentor would detail out her schedule. Two more planets she'd never been; and, much to her excitement, two more worlds to learn about and explore. Tann would stand now and set her cup down onto the tray. Moving to and through the door, Tann held the door open for her mentor and then would follow after her as they headed to the garden. Her offer to follow with was a mute question. Tann had nowhere else to go so of course she would take the Jedi up on her gesture.

"I would be honored. Thank you."

It was nice to hear that her Order would pay for Tann's needs. She had some spending money but it wouldn't last forever. And the girl didn't really want to find a job. It would be certainly easy to find one at any bar or club; twi'leks had a reputation for being seen there. That was the last place Tann wanted to be employed.

"I've never been on a cruise liner," Tann admitted. "Do they.....have any certain dress requirements? I have to say I don't have anything clean or....fancy. Is this going to be ok?"

A feeling of guilt and shame washed over her as she looked down at her stained clothes. It never really bothered her back on Ryloth. She lived in a small shipping town where everyone knew one another. Save for the travelers who came and went. Point being, she didn't have to worry about what she was wearing. She couldn't count on one hand how many times she actually dressed up to go anywhere and even then it wasn't like she wore anything too colorful.

Samatharis

S
They walked through the garden and approached the underground parking. Sam had a red air speeder there large enough for four. It beeped when they approached and the doors opened by themselves. Revealing a happy little, blue Astromech droid in the driver's slot. Sam gestured to the driver with a smile,

"Padawan Po'rah. Meet my assistant. R2-850. He prefers R2."

~ "Bweep bwoop!" ~ The blue droid said hello.

"R2. This is Padawan Tann Po'rah. From Ryloth. She'll be accompanying us for a little awhile."

~ "Donk donk!" ~ The droid seemed happy to have Tann along.

"He drives a little fast in the skyways. But. Then again. He is used to flying Interceptors. Not speeders. So, sorry for any bumps along the way."

~ "Bleewp." ~ The droid frowned very audibly and spun his head in disgust. He didn't drive fast at all. Bah. The speed limits were just far too slow on this planet. Umph. Silly humans.

"Anyway." Sam smiled and gestured for Tann to join them, "The liner is mostly a corporate affair. I booked with the Blue Sun so, mostly business class. I hope a few wet trouts in suits doesn't bother you? I doubt you'll see many tourists on our flight. Hehe."

Erm. Trout was a rather derogatory term for Mon Calamari. Fish people with fish heads. Poor Sam was rather pro-human in her viewpoint of the galaxy. Jedi Knight or not. Old habits died hard. So, she slipped from time to time whenever she met a new species that was too moist for her tastes or had far, far too many tentacles. It was a disappointing habit for a Jedi, yes. But, well? I suppose nobodies perfect. And let's be honest. Mon Calamari smell terrible when moist. Ugh. Gross.

"Besides. You look fine dear. In fact. I'll probably have to beat the boys off you with a stick when we reach Kashyyyk. Hehe. As, perhaps I forgot to mention but. Kashyyyk has quite a few eligible bachelors these days among the cloth. And we don't recommend celibacy among the Jedi any more either. Caused more problems than it solved really. So I really wouldn't worry about it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You'll have an opportunity for a new wardrobe when we reach Kashyyyk too. Sasori Corporation of Atrisa really goes overboard in supplying the Silvers with new tech-clothing and sorts of fun gadgets. All for free. I guess they really like use the Jedi as test subjects. Ha! Funny."

Sam took a seat in the back with Tann and R2 closed the doors. Then they were off. Flying through the air with a grand view of the Lake Country far, far below. Sam couldn't help but steal one last vista view before they hit the city limits.

"So. I suppose we've got some time now. Tell me about Ryloth? I hear it has quite a day-night cycle hm?"

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

"Shiny!" Tann would say when she noticed the speeder they were taking. She was then introduced to the droid and Tann gave a happy little giggle to it. "Beep boop to you too."

Tann giggled a second time at R2's displeasement of his driving tastes. She would pat him on the head and reassure him, "Aww. Fret not little buddy. I like going fast."

Taking her seat, Tann would buckle in and adjust her lekku behind her so they were now hanging in front of her shoulders. Sam explained that the liner they were going on was a corporate vessel, so not luxury as she expected. Not that Tann knew what the difference would be regardless. Give or take some drunk patrons on board. Though that could be said about the corporate world too so how would she really know? Sam then said something a little distasteful and called the Mon Calamari trouts. Tann made a face but otherwise looked away so her new mentor wouldn't see it. She didn't want to argue or start any fights, but she didn't appreciate someone being singled out for their race.

The conversation then moved forward to ease Tann's mind about her lack of dress. She teased the Twi'lek about how boys would be lining up before her which made Tann smile. It didn't help she was a massive flirt so she'd be doing more harm than good herself. The mention of celibacy took her by surprise though. They actually enforced that? What a horrible way to live! Clearly that rule was made up by some stuffy old man who couldn't get himself standing upright.

"Oh! Atrista? They have such shiny clothes. I love their line. I hear they're even working on special fabrics that can camouflage as part of a fashion statement."

Tann was giddy. New clothes. Boys to tease. And a whole new lifestyle awaiting her. Shiny. What more could the Twi'lek ask for? She bit her bottom lip just thinking about the new adventures awaiting her as she watched the vista leave her sights and the city skyscrapers come into view.

"Ryloth. Home. Yeah you could say that. The days are shorter than standard time so it gets confusing to some. You go to work in the night and the next day you're getting off at the same time. I'm exaggerating, but you get my point. I never really got to see much of her, my family lived near a port where business was good. It was always busy there so it felt like we were living in the city, even though we werent. I knew quite a few of my own people, but never really got to visit a full clan's land. You know? With spacers coming and going I met just about every race out there. Lots of diversity. But for some reason mother didn't socialize with her own. I wonder if its because she didn't know anyone, or if she had other reasons...."

Samatharis

Samatharis

S
Sam gave a nod as Tann mentioned her mother. Obviously a good mystery there. But perhaps, for another time.

"Well. I'm sure you'll embrace the same amount of diversity at the Temple. A little something, for everybody. I suppose. Hehe."

She turned back to the window of the air speeder and eyed the spaceport coming into view.

"R2. Drop us off at the terminal. Then go return the car. It's paid for so just come right back to the ship after you're done okay. No gambling this time. Got it."

~ Donk donk ~ The droid scoffed. After all. How could he go gambling when Sam had cancelled his last credit card back on Denon. Pfft. Meany!

Sam smiled and turned back to Tann,

"Welp. I hope you like flying? It's a long ways to galactic center from here. Hmm? Maybe we should start your training enroute? Might not be such a bad idea. Everybody loves a head start and all. Hehe."

She eyed the spaceport as R2 took them in for a landing. It matched the Naboo aesthetic. Gardens, waterfalls, marble statues, and more flower beds than you shake a Toydarian at. Etc. Being the center of the whole CIS galaxy too? There would be hordes, absolute hordes, of people. Species from all over Confederate space came here to do business. The sky lanes would be just a busy as rush hour on Coruscant. Sheesh!

Sam smiled to the business of it all.

Tann was in for a treat.

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom