Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public New Anti-Force Movement meet up disguised as a Fashion Show

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Not if I call first dibs on the outfit, you won't.

J/k Skyla Kent Skyla Kent :)
Baros is on LOA so I cannot answer that. But perhaps Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren may be able to say something on his behalf, as the writer were mentioned in the first post.

I apologize if I am out of line in suggesting so, or putting anyone on the spot. But I only post from work and Discord is blocked by a firewall. As thus, it affects my ability to communicate to a group. :)

Unblessed

Force User worship must end.
The New Way sounds kind of like Star Cabal.

Can you join if you are a FU but are also a spoiled rich girl who would totally wear the brand?

The New Way is similar to Star Cabal, though it currently has a more zeitgeist altering ambition. Change people's minds about Force Users, not destroying all Jedi and Sith. I am not sure it will actually go that far, because that would have severe personal implications for Baros.

Glitterstim is the company and fashion label and is distinct in purpose to The New Way. Currently the only connection they have is that Baros is involved in both, and a Glitterstim event is covering for a New Way meeting. If you were to wear a brand, then it would be Glitterstim :)

On the subject of a Force User joining The New Way, that would not be something that would be accepted. Though I am still trying to figure out how we can tell if someone is or not. Mandatory midichlorian tests? :p

Also, this should have been posted with Baros' face lol

I meant more could I go to the fashion show not join the New Way. I agree it would be weird for a FU to join so I see your point.

I’m still going to write that I have some of the clothing brand tho in my threads if that’s okay!

Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe \ Claire Organa Claire Organa \ Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek \ Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren \ Jane lovett

Hi team, has been a fun thread so far. Thanks for participating :) I will probably have Baros exit the thread after a few more posts, just to wrap his side of things up. No more New Way meetings will be happening now that Teyla has arrived, thanks...Teyla :p

Let me know if you have anything you are wanting to do with Baros before he leaves the thread. I am happy to write more with you in future :)

Not involved in this thread but I like the idea of anti force user organizations. But reading through this thread here I did have thought.

I think about the only way you could know who is a practicing force user would be to start a registry of people you know are known practicers. The midi count is desceptive in the fact all it proves is someone is force sensitive not necessarily a practicing force user. There have been groups in the past like doomed who were anti-force user even though most all of its members where force sensitive but choose not to practice it.

But yeah I dont really know how you would know someone is using the force unless you start a Registry.

I don't have any NFUs that can join this org (yet) nor the thread, but I do have an idea that might make for some interesting plot points for you guys (it involves some KOTOR spoilers)

In KOTOR 2, Darth Traya literally attempts to kill the force by creating a sufficiently large enough wound in it. Essentially it would create an echo that, although killing a great deal of people, would essentially destroy it. Might be worth looking into. I'm a huge fan of KOTOR, and would love to be involved in a plot based on that idea. Or just any plot involving the peculiarities of the force and it's interactions with FUs and NFUs in general.

I mean, there are midi-chlorian tests that can be done to determine if someone is Force Sensitive, but I get what you're saying about there still being those who are sensitive that are not interested in being practitioners, and might even be outright against it.. Though, I think with what I've read concerning the New Way ideology in this thread, and talking with their creator, I think it would slightly defeat the purpose to have those who are 'gifted' amongst their ranks? Because, even if you are not actively using the Force, but your count is high enough to be sensitive to the ebbs and flows of it, then wouldn't you still have a slight advantage over those who are not attuned to it? I realize there are varying degrees of sensitivity, but it would be a chore to sort them all out.

I do think the idea of keeping a registry would be an interesting plot point to pursue though.

Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall

Sorry for the delay in replying. Been a weird couple of weeks.

Those that are high midi counted but not practicing are still part of the genetically blessed, thus not a fit for The New Way. The organization is about representing and pushing the agenda of non-blessed individuals, and their needs above all else.

Kalt Bruq Kalt Bruq
I am familiar with Traya's plan. KOTOR 2 is amazing. Been ages since I played it through, and never played the full version of the game that was completed by fans. It feels like a plot to kill the Force by her methods would be almost a large faction superweapon type plot. I have considered something like an X-Men style 'vaccination' that would inhibit Force ability, or even cybernetic implants that could work in some way like that. Some way to actually eliminate Force capability is clearly in line with the agenda. (Soz Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren lubs you)

Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe thank you so much for being in the thread

zzFurrow zzFurrow , you are more than welcome to jump in the thread, the show is still going on, but the thread is slowing down :)

Claire Organa Claire Organa shame we didn't get to interact. Let me know when you are free to write something, would love to do a thread with you :)

Sorry for the delay in replying. Been a weird couple of weeks.

Those that are high midi counted but not practicing are still part of the genetically blessed, thus not a fit for The New Way. The organization is about representing and pushing the agenda of non-blessed individuals, and their needs above all else.

::thumbs up::

So basically a supremacist cult like both the Jedi and the sith also just as hypocritical as both. That isn't critic that's just how I would view it because midi count is a genetic condition no one can control. I really feel bad for the jedi wash outs (The sith ones usually get killed) those that have bare minimum midi count to get in and can't make it as a full Jedi who usually get sent to work camps or if they are lucky the rangers will take them. Because the Jedi are afraid of them joining darkside cults. lol

But still a cool Idea and I am looking forward to seeing it getting off the ground. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom