Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location [Netherworld] The Sands of the Darklith

Status
Not open for further replies.
NethDiv.png

monolith_discovery__no_man_s_sky_by_makuzoku_dafz9dd-fullview.jpg
OOC.gif

SETTING.gif

• Landmark Name: Sands of the Darklith
  • Classification: Desert - Tundra
  • Affiliation: Neutral
  • Size: While the desert seems Very Large the actual landmark itself is Small in size
  • Population: Insignificant
  • Demographics: The dead who live in the Underworld
  • Accessibility: The known location of the Darklith is known by most in the Netherworld, and it's fairly easy to reach the Sands themselves. The Darklith itself is a bit of journey of willpower against the effects of the Sands. Simply follow the dark presence to it's center and that's where the Darklith is. If one is not capable of sensing the presence of darkness, a guide may be needed.
  • Description: The Sands themselves are exactly that, a desert similar to that of Tatooine. While there is no shade, the desert feels of a comfortable temperature, but early quiet as there is not even any wind. There are no dunes or slopes of sand, its flat and even footing. The Darklith itself appears to be a floating monolith carved from stone, hovering over a platform that is also carved from stone with two focal points on either side of the platform also carved from stone.
POINTS.gif

The Darklith - A small monolith carved from stone hovering above a stone platform. The monolith itself is shaped with a tapered top, and black in color. It is smooth and cold to the touch, even though it looks rigids and bares what looks like designs of circuit boards with lines etched into it. The Darklith is a approximal 3 meters in length, and nearly 4 meters in widths. It hovers a good 2 meters from the platform itself. The platform is square in design with many cubes of stone carved in and jutting out of the platform that is also black in color. The focal points are cyclical in shape with a circular carving out of the sides of them. They too are carved straight from the platform of stone and black in color. The Darklith is capable of showing one visions or memories of the past from either themselves or those they have a personal connection to, these memories can be in the form of dreams, apparitions, and at their weakest; feelings or emotions.

NETHER.gif

• Lucidity: Spatial Awareness seems expanded by the Sands, seemingly everything seems elongated, and further from one's point, but one will know they are getting closer to the Darklith by the aura of dark energy growing stronger. Once the Darklith appears in one's vision, everything seems closer, and even smaller than one's actual point of view normally sees. The effect can be disorienting, spatial sickness such as motion sickness can occur as the effects are felt immediately with no warning. Upon reaching the platform of the Darklith, everything returns to normal, but the aura is at its strongest in any effects a dark side presence can have. Due to the individual the effects can differ, from temptations of extreme anger or fear all the way to acts of violence, self loss, and even physical transformations. However, if one of strong enough will can resist the darkness here, they will find that the Darklith can bring forth memories of almost anyone they have ever come in contact with, though whether the memories are true memories or just dark illusions can only be confirmed if the person witnessing the memories was also there during the creation of those memories, or if the one who's memory is being presented can confirm that said memory did occur. It's not always the case, however, sometimes visitors to the Darklith will believe they of strong will have passed any such test presented by the monolith and will be shown memories that involve them but with much more horrific twists. It can become extremely difficult to realize that these memories are false, thus making one truly believe that something happened a very different way. These memories can also come in the form of what can be best described as a Force Ghost. While this is not truly the spirit of the long lost one has this can also appear as someone very much alive, this specter can reminiscence about the past with the visitor. These effects can not be controlled and are random every visit, meaning that a person can visit this place once a day and experience a new memory or specter every time. Like the memories, sometimes this specter can also be an illusion of the darkness here and tempt the person with false accusations and memories.
  • Hostility: The memories and specters themselves, while not capable of physical harm can cause many psychological traumas, those who wonder the Sands are mad with lies told by the Darklith
  • IC Rules: It is impossible to control who, what, when, and where these memories or specters are, though it will never be a future vision/memory, predictions can be made or offered with no guarantee behind them that they will come true. These visions or specters can only be from one or something the visitor has a personal connection to. The physical changes that happen in very rare cases are up to the player, be they aging all the way to something similar Sith alchemy in completely changing the anatomy of the being, but they are severe changes that normally have negative effects. Failing to resist the dark urges here will not result in pleasant memories, be true memories is a result of the actual knowledge the visitor has, and their awareness to be capable of calling out the false memories.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
With so many connected to the Force, literally trillions upon billions of beings from the present and past, the Netherworld was bound to find itself with a place such as the Sands. First appearing sometime just before the first Jed'aii, as the population in the galaxy grows, so does the Sands. It is believed that each grain of sand is an actual memory of a being from the physical world. Outside of this, not much is actually known about the Darklith, who carved it out of stone, and whether the stone was there before, or moved to the Sands is also unknown. But the Darklith is almost well understood by those who inhabit the Nether, many have lost themselves to the dark temptations and lies of the monolith, forever wondering the Sands muttering in whimpers "How could he/she?" and "But I didn't mean for it to happen."

Last edited:

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Afternoon, The Red of Sinner The Red of Sinner ! Hope you're day is off to a good start. I've got a few things we need to correct before I can approve this.

Population | Per the Landmark template, please choose a population size from the options below.
Population: [ Choose from: Uninhabited, Insignificant, Sparse, Moderate, Heavy, Crowded. ]
Demographics | Who are the Decieted? Is this a typo? Do you mean the Deceased/Dead that live in the netherworld?
Accessibility | Is it easy to get to? Do you stumble there or does everyone arrive intentionally? I'd like to see this fleshed out a bit more so writers can know how to get their characters/NPCs there and back.
Points of Interest | Here you've listed the Darklith but you didn't provide a description. This could simply be a copy paste issue but a description is needed. What is the Darklith? What does it do? Does it have any effects of people or spirits who visit it?

If you have any questions or want to let me know that edits are done, just give me a tag!

Ylla Caeli'runa

Afternoon!

As requested I changed the population description to match that of the template.

As for demographics I originally meant Decieted, but have decided there isn't enough lore for them in my head to give them any names so they are now just the dead, regular denizens of the Nether.

The point of interest has been expanded on with greater detail on the Darklith itself and brief a description of what it can do, and what it and the surrounding of it look like.

I hope this is what you meant, otherwise I will edit once more to meet your requirements! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom