Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Nehnazaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a bodyguard character to help protect Locke in his travels and work. Also to give more "life" to any roleplays I decide to toss Locke into.
  • ​Image Credit: N/A
  • Role: Force User/Warrior/Bodyguard
  • Links: A Low Roar
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Force Sensitivity: Knight
  • Species: Twi'lek (Deceased - Force Ghost bound to her bones and to Locke by the Darkside of the Force)
  • Appearance: Her appearance in life is unknown. In death, she is naught but bones and rags. She wears old Republic Warden armor (modified to hold her "lekku") and Jedi robes over top.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Nehnazaz
  • Loyalties: Locke, formerly the Jedi
  • Wealth: None
  • Notable Possessions: Armor and weapons
  • Skills: Specializing in Lightsaber combat, Nehnazaz was proficient in Forms I and II; Shii-Cho and Makashi respectively. She was most specialized, however, in utilizing Form VI or Niman. She also possessed a proficiency in basic Force abilities as befitting a Knight, though preferred to focus primarily on her bladework in life. Bound in undeath, her speed, agility, and proficiency are far from where they were at her peak in life, but are nonetheless lethal to the unsuspecting. In addition, death has locked away some of her ability to utilize the Force. As such, more advanced Force abilities (Battle Meditation, Force Body, etc.) are beyond her ability as a Force Ghost.
  • Personality: In life, Nehnazaz was quiet and focused, dedicated to her bladework and to the Jedi Order. When war broke out, she constantly volunteered to be the first in the fight for the Order to lead troops to victory, a habit that eventually led to her demise on Teta. In death, her demeanor has become less important than the skills she possesses, though her silence and inner determination has proven to emerge on occasion despite her bondage to Locke.
COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Weapon of Choice: Lightsaber, though she has retained her training in hand to hand and the use of basic blasters.
  • Combat Function: Nehnazaz forms another aspect of Locke's personal retinue and serves as yet another minion. Where other of his enslaved undead fill more generalized roles, she assumes the task of the blademaster and minor Force practitioner. Her former skills and her blade are put to work keeping Locke, her master, alive.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Killed in action during one of the old wars between the Jedi and the Sith at some point in history, Nehnazaz was aboard a dropship of some kind when it was shot down with all lives lost. Her personal history is unknown, at least to Locke, though scraps or sections of it could be found in ancient data archives should any exist. Her body was never recovered, whether intentionally or due to unknown causes.

Discovered an unknown time later by Locke, he bound her soul to her bones after struggling with both spirit and a pair of unknown interlopers. She is Locke's second bound minion and unwilling agent for his mysterious tasks across the galaxy, filling the role of skilled blademaster and Force practitioner in his personal bodyguard.

[member="Locke"]

Exactly which old war between the Jedi and Sith did this person die? I ask this because I'm a touch confused on how a body would exist to be resurrected if it is from something like KOTOR era

[member="Taeli Raaf"]
Never clarified and it's less a body and more bones. I figured the war didn't matter so long as it was long enough ago that just the bones were left.

[member="Locke"]

It might matter because bones can turn to dust within 50 years in a temperate climate unless they get fossilized or buried in a place that will preserve them better. That aside, reading over the submission again, I'm unsure on how much of the character's Force Sensitivity would carry over if they are little more than a skeleton.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]
It's essentially a NPC Force Ghost bound to the ghost's former body/bones. Canonically, ghosts could use "Force powers, but not all of them." Not 100% sure on what that means, but I'd assume basics like pulling, pushing, and other simple abilities would be feasible while, say, things like Force Light or melding would probably be impossible for them to do, much less take advantage of from elsewhere.

As for the bones lasting a long time or not, I'm not sure how that applies in an RP setting? It wasn't a problem the last time I made this type of submission, though admittedly that was a while ago. If it helps, the location the bones/spirit were found was a man-made section of scorched earth/desert type terrain caused by the war vaguely mentioned in the submission.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
[member="Locke"]

I would like to see the sub reflect more of the NPC's current status as it would be used at present. Historical information can go in the Historical Information section, unless you feel it directly correlates to how present proficiency was developed. I would think that some skills have deteriorated - please explain which did or did not. I'd also like to see a little elaboration as to how its more than just a mindless undead follower.

For posterity, please link the species as well.

[member="Zeradias Mant"]
I'm not 100% certain on what you're asking here. The NPC is supposed to be used as a sort of bodyguard/Retinue member to aid Locke primarily in combat against other lightsaber users. As for skills, not entirely certain on that one either. The page of Force Ghosts only really related their abilities with the Force, not much else. The comments on that were more or less that they could use the Force, just not all of the abilities available which I took to mean they could use, say, Force Pull or Force Lightning, but not something like battle meditation or something like Force Body or whatnot. If you mean lightsaber or combat skills I'd argue that they probably wouldn't have deteriorated at all. Now, that said, they aren't working out of a flesh and blood body so I've always written them as not quite having the same reaction time/reflexes as they did in life whether or not Locke is actively influencing their actions in a direct control context. I can try to work that stuff into the sub if that's what you meant.

As for how they're different, it's sort of the difference between a zombie and a wight. One is mindless and just clumsily obeys basic commands. The wight is undead, but retains it's soul in a sense. It can perform more complex tasks and operate in a more advanced manner, but is still limited by the whole undead thing in some ways. Essentially, the force ghost/regular ghost is bound to the bones and locked in; they can't escape or go anywhere. In turn, they're bound by the dark side to obey Locke. So, they're kind of an undead slave, if you will. Now, the moment they're "killed" then you have the whole issue of the spirit GTFO-ing and Locke being unable to raise another "wight" which to my mind balances it out in a way.

Hopefully that helps a bit. I'm at work and trying to respond from a dying phone while waiting for a patient.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
[member="Locke"]

The sub as it stands speaks a lot of what the NPC used to be as opposed to what it is now. Please update the respective fields to have more 'current' info. Explain in the sub what you explained to me here and we'll pick it up from there.

[member="Zeradias Mant"]
Finally had a minute or two after a couple of back to back shifts. Added in a few lines under skills and changed some of the tense in a few other areas to reflect that she is, in fact, dead and that her skills are those that she's retained for the most part. Also added in the Twi'lek hyperlink and tossed in what she is, by technicality, currently next to that. Wasn't 100% sure how else to change it, though.

If you need me to do more just lemme know and I'll see if I can't find a way to finagle it in there somehow or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom