Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public NAOS III ( Resurgence of the Grey Jedi)

Sayde BrayHaden

S
The streets were clouded with the smells of burning muskrats and other meats from the narrow triangular homemade huts. As the moon and the hung lanterns gave light to the alleys, the locals within the area have come alive. This little sector of town is known as Junepi. Home to the forgotten locals who make a living off of anything they can. Wildlife, gambling, homemade beverages..Trinkets..witchcraft…medicine..comedy…you name it..If it can sell..it is here..Most individuals all know each other as the homes were built around the business district of Junepi.

Sayde looks down towards the town from the hillside in observation. It had been 23 long months. 23 months of living in the hills in a cavern that he called home. Meditating…hunting game…surviving the harsh weather patterns…and spending ALOT of time talking to himself in observation of who he is and what he has become. He was with the idea and realization that the force echoed through his soul. Neither calling for aggression nor complacency. But for clarity. To be a shield…Both a healer and destroyer..An equilibrium. He knew coming back would raise many questions, but it was time. Descending down the cliff, through the thicket of bushes and trees he made his way to a back alley where to his left was a brothel, and to the right was a teahouse and eatery. He had to be cautious. Hearin laughter from groups of individuals in the streets, he waits for them to pass by and lifts the black hood over his face. Heading to the tavern named (Kampuka’s) was his best idea. The barkeep there was one of his best mates. If there was anyone who could keep a secret and possibly house him for the time being, it would be Bretton.

It was so easy.

She hadn't touched a drink in over a decade, yet she practically stumbled upon the bar by accident. Pass it off as a simple mistake, a wrong turn. Even a cursory glance at the sign which read Kampuka's told her the truth, though, and she couldn't deny what she was doing even as she walked up to the counter.

But it was so easy to do it.

"What can I get ya?" the barkeeper asked.

For a moment Inanna stared at the wall of drinks behind him, stormy eyes surveying the selection. They had every color, every brand, every type of liquor imaginable. Every one a poison to her, an invitation back into addiction and despair.

"Absinthe," she replied. It had been her favorite drink.

While the barkeep made her drink, she looked around the room, secretly hoping she would find a familiar face in the crowd. Someone who could talk her out of this mess, or at least offer a shoulder to cry on. But there was no one. Looked like she'd be drinking alone tonight.

Sayde BrayHaden

S
(Narration/npc)

“Hey! Not all Twi’lek’s prefer liquid diets! I’m just sayin’! Most enjoy meats of all varieties and Munch fungus bread! Ohhh..And let me tell you..Across the street..They have the best homemade Munch-fungus in the galaxy!” Bretton yells loudly over the loud chatter within Kampuka’s as the male Twi’lek laughs while sipping his beverage. “And..Not only that..It’s been known to have healing properties as well…So you tell me..Nice hot bread from the oven..Paired with our Dye breeze…Or…dried salted blood crunch worms?” He laughs and looks over at Inanna Harth Inanna Harth . His laugh turned into a glare of curiosity as she seemed to be disturbed. Bretton had a knack for reading people based on expression or lack thereof. As he approaches he tries to “break her concentration” with some humor by stating… “You know..They say if you stare at the colors of the bottles you’ll go color blind..”

Well, that was unfortunate.

It had been a month since he had roamed the Outer Rim. He was passing through the Naos system when he noticed that his ship was running out of fuel.
He decided to land on the nearest planet, and that was the frigid moon NAOS III.

He quickly landed on its surface and took his first steps on the moon. Having never experienced such cold before, he was quickly fascinated by the place and eager to see what he would find there.
Then he saw a row of lights not too far away. He guessed that it was a small town, so he began to approach the place, not that he had any choice at all.
As he entered the small town he was lost and did not know which way to go, but eventually he came to what looked like a tavern. He took a quick look at the sign above the entrance that read "Kampuka's" and quickly walked in.

Once inside, he stared at the place, looking for a place to sit.
Spotting an empty table in a corner, he quickly went there without saying a single word, sat down and sighed with relief.

He had little to no money, so he was pretty desperate, and the people around him could see that very well.

Sayde BrayHaden

S
(Narration/NPC)

Once inside, he stared at the place, looking for a place to sit.
Spotting an empty table in a corner, he quickly went there without saying a single word, sat down and sighed with relief.

As he sat, the barkeep shot a glare over to him, and immediately could tell this was a foreigner. He wanted to introduce himself but before that, he shyly smirked at Inanna Harth Inanna Harth . "Well...I'm sure you'll find what your looking for here...Friends..Business..Or even just some time to clear your mind. Here is your drink mi'lady. That'll be 3 cred." He nods over to another bartender who nods back and goes over to take his place while he comes from behind the counter. Tossing a cleaning rag over his shoulder he makes his way over to Jallo Arcourt Jallo Arcourt .

"Hey there my good man. Looks like you've wandered to the right place? Anything tickle your fancy or are you just hanging around?" Bretton asked while observing the miniature stage on the corner. He was then reminded of the opening band that would perform soon for the evening.

When he saw the man coming towards him, he tried to hide his nervousness and appear relaxed.

Then he looked over at him and replied:
"Well, it's nice to see good manners in such a place like this. Anyway, I'd like some Spotchka if you happen to have some."

“You know... They say if you stare at the colors of the bottles you’ll go color blind...”

"That's one I've never heard before," Inanna muttered. "At least the colors look appealing. Aesthetic. Whatever." She wasn't much in the mood for the Twi'lek's attempt at humor. Drumming her fingers against the counter, she waited impatiently for her drink.

A man sat down near her, sighing with relief. She glanced briefly at Jallo, before turning her eyes back to the rows of bottles just in time for the barkeep to return with her drink.

He evidently had something to say to her.

"Well... I'm sure you'll find what your looking for here... Friends... Business... Or even just some time to clear your mind. Here is your drink mi'lady. That'll be 3 cred."

She snorted faintly at 'mi'lady' and laid the three creds on the counter. "Pretty cheap price."

The absinthe was green in color. She swirled the liquid in the glass, but seemed reluctant to drink it. Finally, she set it down and spoke loud enough for everyone sitting at the bar to hear.

"I've got a question for you all, if you care to answer. What do you do after you've lost everything?"

Sayde BrayHaden

S
The absinthe was green in color. She swirled the liquid in the glass, but seemed reluctant to drink it. Finally, she set it down and spoke loud enough for everyone sitting at the bar to hear.

"I've got a question for you all, if you care to answer. What do you do after you've lost everything?"
As she downed her drink...Bretton, who was over next to Jallo Arcourt Jallo Arcourt took note of her stand up speech as he had just finished nodding to Jallo. "Why yes.we.........."

The crowd's chatter began to calmly simmer down as from the looks of it, most of them have heard of such a question but didn't seem do have a definitive answer. It was odd...As they crowd looked on awkwardly, a woman at a table in the right corner would raise her tin full of alcohol..

"When you have lost everything...You can only gain something my dear!" She smiled as the crowd around her chuckled and continued amongst themselves. Bretton looked to Jallo Arcourt Jallo Arcourt quickly.

"I'll be right back with that drink...Excuse me for a second.." He beckoned while heading towards Inanna Harth Inanna Harth

Sayde BrayHaden

S
Walking through the entrance of Kampuka's With his hood barely covering his eyes, Sayde takes a quick survey of the area. It was like he had remembered it. The smell of oak wood mixed with odor and pine. And there he was..Bretton in the middle of the room..approaching Inanna Harth Inanna Harth . Then there was Jallo Arcourt Jallo Arcourt . Something about him......Was strange....Sayde walks over to the end of the bar counter and then slowly approaches Inanna Harth Inanna Harth .

"You know...A few years back...drinks were free...Food was an abundance...And the party would never end..Now it seems like this place is missing something." He uttered with a smirk, tilting his hood back a bit so she could get a clear glimpse at his face. He was calm, but alert and observant.

"When you have lost everything... You can only gain something my dear!"

The one answer she received was a variant on an old adage. If you have nothing left to lose, you can only gain something. When you've hit rock bottom, the only way you can go is up. And so on and so forth unto eternity.

Inanna sighed. Her fingers closed around the glass of absinthe, raising the cup to her lips...

But before she could drink, someone else spoke.

"You know... A few years back... drinks were free... Food was an abundance... And the party would never end.. Now it seems like this place is missing something."

Sayde stood by her right, while Bretton was more on her left side. Both men had arrived at around the same time. Inanna's eyes darted between them, before she set her drink down again untouched.

"And what that might be?" she asked.

Sayde BrayHaden

Sayde BrayHaden

S
Sayde would observe her drink of choice for a second and look across to Bretton who looked at Inanna Harth Inanna Harth With a curious stare. Before Bretton could speak, however, Sayde would utter the words "Drama...." With a grin as his eyes locked on to Brettons. Taken back by the familiar voice he would step back from her left side as if he'd seen a ghost and slowly back up towards a table that was hosting a game of Pazaak. As the band began to take stage Sayde's eyes would stay locked on to Bretton's while speaking to Inanna.

"That gentleman..The Barkeep..Is an ex-convict running this establishment as a front for the selling of illegal weapons and items of particular value. When the place closes..That's when the real dealings begin...And that band taking the stage are his biggest clientele. I am someone who is looking to reclaim what was his..This place...The brothel across the street..All of it....IHow's that for drama?" He asks while now observing her aura

Sayde BrayHaden

S
Sayde would nod and take his hands from the bar table staring down Bretton as his back was to a table. He turns around and makes a run towards the back of the area. Dashing by the tables as the patrons looked on Sayde decided it was time to give chase.....Or stop the chase in this manner. He extends his right hand quickly within a blink of an eye, and a surge of lightning flashes from the tips of his fingers arching to the back of Bretton with a loud cackle. (SSSkkkkzzzzzZZZ). As Bretton's body convulsed in shock, he would fall to the ground as the crowd began clearing the area looking on. Some of them were in awe at what just had taken place while others were frightened. As Sayde lowered his hand and clenched his jaw he would march towards Bretton while addressing the crowd.

"Not to worry bellowags, this one just needs to come to terms with some things! Carry on as you were!" He explains as he hovers over Brettons' body and picks him up. He hauls him over his shoulder and begins marching up the staircase that would lead to the second floor. "Don't worry my friend...You'll awake soon enough. Then you and I will have ourselves a little chat."

That surely baffled him. Seeing a beautiful woman stand up and loadly talk in such a rude manner is not commodity that you see everyday.
As Bretton, the barkeeper, walked down from Jallo, he limited himself to see the situation unfold while sitting in the reverse of the room. He was pretty intrigued, it felt like he finally found something to distract him from all the problem that haunted him that day.

As Bretton headed towards Inanna, he noticed a hooded man. He seemed strangely confindent but alert for some reason, needless to say Jallo kept watching with attention, he could feel that something was about to happen.

He extends his right hand quickly within a blink of an eye, and a surge of lightning flashes from the tips of his fingers arching to the back of Bretton with a loud cackle.
Well he did not anticipate that-
As the lightings lighted up his face, he was fairly confused and wondering about the motifs behind Sayde's conduct.
When Sayde picked up Bretton and began walking upstairs, Jallo could not help himself but embrace the appetite to go after him. He knew that it presumably was a bad idea, but went with it anyway.
As he got up from his sit, he left on the table the last few spare credits he'd left inside his pockets, rest his hand on the handle of his blaster holstered on his waist, and then went after Sayde.

Sayde BrayHaden

S
"Now then..." Sayde gestured as he placed Bretton's body into the corner of the narrow corridor. He then tapped him on the face to wake him up and shook him somewhat violently.

"No need to pretend any longer you hypocrite. Show your true face...It is I." He said while pausing for a moment and glaring over his right shoulder. Someone else was approaching fast. He would rise to his feet without turning around and with a devilish grin would heed the warning towards Jallo Arcourt Jallo Arcourt .

"I don't know what you think you are doing here friend but this isn't the time to play the hero. You passed the bar on the lower level." He said aloud as he continued looking at Bretton who was still breathing.

Jallo sluggishly walked up the staircase, he could hear Sayde's muffled speech. He was kindly hysterical to confront the man. but intrigued enough to keep going.
As he was reaching he end of the stairway, he could hear Sayde's voice easily, just at the right moment as he said

"I don't know what you think you are doing here friend but this isn't the time to play the hero. You passed the bar on the lower level."
The moment he heard those words, a chill went through his spine.
"I am not playing the hero, that joe you lightened up owes me a Spotchka." he said sarcastically.

He ultimately reached the second floor, and goggled at Sayde's back across the corridor while leaning on the wall.
"A few minutes ago I remember you talking about reclaiming the place and that guy being an ex-convict, do you mind elaborating further? Im curious nevertheless."

Sayde BrayHaden

S
"Naos has it's share of crime...When you commit to one..You become a criminal. Bretton here is just that. But then again..Aren't we all?" Sayde responded while slowly turning around to face Jallo Arcourt Jallo Arcourt . "

The crime this one has been convicted of is impersonation. You see..He is a shapeshifter, and a hypocrite as well. Not wanting to remain true to his identity. From the looks of it, I'd say you here a hunter of sorts am I wrong?" He asked as Bretton let out a disgruntled moan and would squint as he tried to regain focus.

"Well, I am in fact a bounty hunter of some sort, but I'm more of an adventurer if I may say." Jallo said staring blankly at the ground.
"Anyway, what are you going to do with him?" He said while turning his head to stare directly at Bretton.

Sayde BrayHaden

S
"Well then..It seems you and I already have something in common. We both love the thrill of adventure. Now, Bretton here is going to do something for me." He exclaimed excitedly as he would squat down to become eye level with the waking man. He then would use the force to influence him, extending his left hand forward with his index and middle finger pointed towards Brettons' head.

"You will tell me what weapons are manufactured here, who the Marshal is of this town, and most importantly, tell me if you have seen any researchers in the area recently. Rumor has it, a scientific organization is trying to drain force users of their midi-chlorian cells. " He asks while cocking his head slightly to the side. He knew it was safe to mention this in front of Jallo, In the event that he may have heard of such things as well.

Bretton responded sluggishly while his face would change hue in the color of his skin would turn green.

"Weapons? There's a old abandoned factory downtown, with an insignia on the entry docks. Some gang..They've been manufacturing blasters, Vibro blades, and some heavy artillery for the Imperial Army of Naos. They have to have ties with the government somehow in order to operate like that. And I don't know about any scientific organization, but I did see a group of men around these parts recently dressed in white and red linens. Tailored...Ye..Yeah..Tailored suits...They looked like they were a part of some kind of division but I'm not sure. AND I SWEAR to you that's all I know!... Sheesh...You could go easy on me next time. And I ran because I know you always choose violence first!" He squints while rubbing his head.

Sayde would grin and stand up quickly... "Well then...Time to poke a nest or two...My new companion here will take that Spotchka to go."

He did nothing but stare in awe as Sayde seemingly brainwashed Bretton.
"Weapons? There's a old abandoned factory downtown, with an insignia on the entry docks. Some gang..They've been manufacturing blasters, Vibro blades, and some heavy artillery for the Imperial Army of Naos. They have to have ties with the government somehow in order to operate like that. And I don't know about any scientific organization, but I did see a group of men around these parts recently dressed in white and red linens. Tailored...Ye..Yeah..Tailored suits...They looked like they were a part of some kind of division but I'm not sure. AND I SWEAR to you that's all I know!... Sheesh...You could go easy on me next time. And I ran because I know you always choose violence first!"
"That's a whole damn arsenal!" Jallo exclaimed after listening to Bretton's slow response. He surely didn't expect such a criminal activity on that little frigid moon.

"Well then...Time to poke a nest or two...My new companion here will take that Spotchka to go."
"Companion? What are you talking about?" He was pretty confused at such proposal, why would that man just decide to randomly team up with him? He was pretty reluctant about this whole thing.

Sayde BrayHaden

S
Sayde would turn to him and release a smile while gesturing with his hands. "You ARE a fan of adventure are you not? Besides....Now that Iv'e introduced myself to you and you have seen what I can do, I cannot have you disappear and spread the word about my return now can I?" He would then turn to Bretton. "And you my friend....I need you to let the fine people of Kampuka's know that the event between you and I was just a misunderstanding and that you are fine." He says while waving his hand slowly over Bretton's head.

"Awww...Frag....Fine...I'm looking into putting a barrier around here that keeps VIOLENT people out..." Bretton exclaims while standing to his feet.

Meanwhile, Sayde looks back at Jallo Arcourt Jallo Arcourt . "Well then...If you choose to come with me.. That's an excellent choice..Should you not, well...Then you would need to never show your face around here again...Your choice." He would state with a devilish grin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom