Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Nadiem Jedi Enclave

Status
Not open for further replies.
e15d7dfb0ecbcd7fcd179226ef6b03c6.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

SETTING INFORMATION
  • Structure Name: Nadiem Jedi Enclave
  • Classification: This serves as both a meeting place, home, and training facility for Jedi of the Republic Remnant
  • Affiliation: The Jedi Order of the Republic Remnant
  • Accessibility: The Jedi Order of the Republic Remnant is attempting to rebuild the Jedi Order that was scattered after the fall of the Galactic Republic. Nadiem is a remote planet without much of an existing infrastructure and with an agrarian society. The Jedi have selected this location for the peace of the planet and the relative obscurity. While the Jedi Enclave is not a secret, it is neither widely advertised nor as well known about as other Jedi locations of old (such as the Temple on Ossus or Coruscant). There is security in place and access is not open, though the Jedi will typically make time to see anyone coming to them. Some areas, the lower levels, are far more secure and off-limits to non-Jedi visitors.
  • Security: Yes, there are a number of security protocols in place for this enclave:
    Standard Security Checkpoints: There are standard security checkpoints at the entrances and exits to the Jedi Enclave. These are typically guarded by Jedi Knights or Jedi Padawans who have advanced in their training alongside the Saotome P.T.D. Droids.
  • Saotome P.T.D. Droids x 15: These are the most numerous at the enclave and act as training droids for the Jedi while also filling in the function of guard droids.
  • Saotome Bodyguard Droids x 10: The Saotome Bodyguard Droids are the only other security droids that maintain a constant presence at the Enclave. Most are assigned to specific locations (e.g., guarding the archives), while also be utilized by more advanced Jedi as training droids.
  • YVH-2 droids x 5: The YVH-2 droids are kept on standby and only activate when a significant security breach occurs. Three in the Upper level, 2 in the Lower level.
  • EMBU Mk. III x 5: The EMBU Mk. III droids are also on standby mode, like the YVH-2 droid, activating only when a security breach warrants their deployment. 3 in the Upper level, 2 in the Lower level.
  • Stone Guardians x 2: There are two stone guardians guarding the entrance which leads to the lower levels. When not in use they appear to be stone statue’s resembling Jedi, but when they sense a threat to the temple, they activate.
  • Ray shields: In order to protect the lower levels of the compound, both the lift to the lower levels and the security doors entering into the lower level could be blocked off with Ray Shields to stop the advancement of intruders. These could hope to hold out forever against an assault but are meant to stop the progress of an attacker/infiltrator to give time for the other security measures to resolve the breach.
  • Blast Doors: These were located in the 3rd level, the hangar and were used to seal off the entrance to the hangar in times of assault so that ships could not enter or leave without opening them first.

[*]Description: From the outside, the structure has rounded structures that are built into the hillsides, giving the enclave, at a glance, of being natural to the area. The structure itself is split into three levels. Level 1 is the level that guests are allowed to visit under supervision. This location has a central room housing a beautiful garden and water flowing round the perimeter of the room below the translucent flooring. Three corridors lead off from this room. The northern corridor leads to the medical facility, the western corridor leads to the training room, and the southern corridor leads to the lower levels. The second level houses the personal rooms of Jedi at the enclave, meeting rooms, secure storage, the archives, and other meditation and training rooms. The third and final floor is a large cavern that out to an exit at the base of a nearby mountain range. This is the hangar for Jedi coming and going from the Enclave and access is restricted by mounted anti-aircraft turrets and hangar door that can open and close with access codes.

POINTS OF INTEREST

jedi_enclave_on_dantooine_by_ta_duclau.jpg
Central Garden: This is the first thing visitors see when they enter the Enclave. It is meant to be a place to settle the mind and a place of contemplation. Jedi returning from missions abroad often use this room to center themselves and seek out tranquility.

640px-KotOR_Screenshot_Jedi_Enclave.jpg
Upper-Level Training Room: This is where training takes place in full view of other Jedi and visitors to the Enclave. Typically it is where Jedi tournaments take place, and where assemblies would be had with visitors from outside the Enclave.

SWRepublicCommando_2015-10-16_15-06-33-22.jpg
2nd Level Assembly Room: This is where Jedi assemble for meetings in private, typically the most senior of the Jedi attend.

Yoda-Meditation-2.png
Meditation rooms: Meditations chambers are located on the second floor.

3f29d45549f0505efa88cc9cb7ab78ae--spaceship-interior-futuristic-interior.jpg
3rd level hangar: this is the hangar built into the cavern system beneath the enclave.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Following the Fall of the Galactic Republic, the Republic Remnant settled into the Wild Space region of the galaxy. From there they began to set up their base of operations in the Teth and Nadiem regions. In order to provide a base of operations, a home, and a training location for Jedi members of the Republic Remnant, construction of an Enclave immediately went into effect on Nadiem. Model after the Enclave on Dantooine of old, the Jedi worked closely with the natives and Republic personnel to construct the site. Top of the line security systems were brought in with an accompaniment of droids to ensure that the enclave would not fall victim to an attack. While the Galactic Republic might have fallen, the beacon of hope that was the Republic and the Jedi Order would live on among the members of the Republic Remnant.

Whisper

Lean, Mean, Slicin' Machine
Hello there! I shall be examining this fine enclave today. Please give me some time to look this over and gather my thoughts. If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to give me a ping. :)

Whisper

[member="Kian Karr"]

Each of the Saotome droids you have listed are Closed-Market, needing explicit permission to use. Do you have a thread where these droids are purchased, or some other form of permission?

Whisper

Fantastic.

Now, I think the defenses on this place are a little intense for a Jedi Enclave, I don't see it as bad enough to raise a stink. So I shall send this up to the masters above me for secondary approval.

Trainee Pending Approval.

[member="Netherworld"], [member="Jairus Starvald"]

[member="Kian Karr"]

I agree with [member="Whisper"] that this is kind of intense for a Jedi Temple in terms of defenses.

You have six types of droids here, the first two are pretty standard stuff, but the later ones get increasingly more powerful. Please cut some of those out, especially the war droid... that seems a bit much for the purpose of this submission.

[member="Whisper"] [member="Jairus Starvald"]

Would I be able to maintain the current level of security if I do a development thread for the submission?

I agree it is intense security for a Jedi Enclave, but Jedi Temples/Enclaves are often targets of attacks in the Chaos universe and with the Republic Remnant being the remains of the shattered Republic, it made sense to me that the Jedi would be a bit worried about the Enclave falling to an enemy once again.

Let me know, if a development thread won't be enough, I can cut some from the submission.

[member="Kian Karr"]

After some pondering and discussion I'd be okay with it if you swap some of the droids for more 'passive' defenses that don't have the same destructive capabilities. Think good shields, stun/force fields, reinforced doors.

My suggestion is to pursue that while especially removing those war droids. They are very intense for a location like this.

Dev threads have been removed, so that's sadly not an option anymore.

[member="Kian Karr"]

That looks good now. With the increased scrutiny against the Jedi by a lot of hostile forces in the Galaxy... it actually makes sense to increase security. With that in mind this is fairly reasonable now that the war droids have been removed.

Pending secondary approval!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom