Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nabrina Vao

NABRINA VAO
"Honor is the prize of fools. The dead have no use for glory."
- Nabrina, shortly before slaying her former master
profilepic1.jpg

"Shame. I was enjoying the solitude."

PRIMARY:

NAME: Nabrina Vao
FACTION: The First Order
SPECIES: Twi'lek
SEX: Female
HEIGHT: 179.8 centimeters
WEIGHT: Approx. 68 kilograms
EYES: Orange w/ bursts of Yellow
HAIR: N/A
SKIN: Red
FORCE SENSITIVE: Yes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES:

(+) Brutal Cunning - Life as an an apprentice to a Sith instructor has taught Nabrina how to make skillful use of all resources - talents, tangible resources, technology, even others - especially others. She is a cold, calculating Machiavellian who will manipulate anything and anyone in the pursuit of gain or power.

(+) Cunning Brutality - Nabrina's particular brand of cunning is ruthless, but there is a science to her madness. Whether she is torturing a hostage for information or consorting with others who pursuit like-minded ends against a common enemy, she is relentless, but she is also wise enough to know when not to be.

(+) Pragmatic - While a bonafide proponent of the Dark Side in nearly every respect, Nabrina knows that while every battle committed to must be won without question, victory is often attained through more indirect means. She recognizes the importance of concepts such as diplomacy, alliances, devices and the art of war, but only insofar as they work to her advantage. Beyond that, no pact is worth honoring, no sacrifice too small, if the subsequent treachery means ultimately means her profiting from it. (Note: This includes her acknowledgement that even as a Dark Side practitioner, understanding and mastering the Light Side of the Force is also a profitable enterprise, so long as her long-term goals are in check.)

(+) Organized - Nabrina does not blindly rage and give in to her anger. Far from being an emotionally unstable lunatic with a lust for power as most presume the Sith to be, she's actually quite emotionally intelligent; constantly evaluates everything from her sense-perceptions to her beliefs that interpret said perceptions. She has perused a great deal through holobooks on subjects such as cognitive and behavioral sciences, and manages both her core beliefs with a dedication that would make any meditation master raise an eyebrow of approval. She can also just as easily adjust and augment in order to produce the proper emotional response, thus fueling any passionate or intense feeling she may have, and in turn her ability to tap into the Dark Side of the Force.

(+) Visionary - Probably her greatest strength, Nabrina always thinks in the long-term, and actually strongly disapproves of bursts of talent or passion in the short term that may sabotage bigger rewards in the long run. While constantly adapting to what she perceives to be the will of the Force, her grand strategy generally remains intact - absolute control of the Force (which drives her to study a great deal on the subject), unbound power and a strong drive to see the return of order and security to the galaxy's denizens.

(+/-) Insensitivity - While an incredible indifference to the plight or sensitivities of others keeps her from forming potentially sabotaging bonds with others, it also keeps her from making the most out of opportunities to form valuable alliances and friendships that may actually benefit her.

(+/-) Risk Taker - With a fiery inner confidence in her own devices and abilities, coupled with her belief in the Will of the Force and her part as its eventual Dominator, she can be quite the fatalist, and occasionally relies on her visions for the future a little too much. She genuinely believes that complete control of the Force can be achieved, and will go to great lengths to go after things like holocrons, revered relics from both sides of the Force or make pilgrimages to sacred sites to see what she may take away - tangible or otherwise.

(+/-) Knowledge Hoarder - Nabrina also has something of a penchant for hunting holocrons, and while it is a rewarding pursuit that grants her access to the teachings and personal thoughts of some of the finest masters on both side of the Force, it can often sidetrack her from supposedly more important tasks. Nevertheless, her lust for power and control of herself, of others, and ultimately of the Force, drive her to seek out these ancient deposits of wisdom, motivating her, but also wracking her with anxiety and nightmares when she feels she is close to one. It is one of the many trade-offs she has had to make as a disciple of the Dark Side.

(-) Fixation on Lightsaber Technique - Any Sith worth their weight in salt knows that the lightsaber is only one of many tools to power, and that a powerful connection to the Force and mastery of the many abilities it can confer on the diligent practitioner -natural or otherwise- is a thousand times more valuable than being able to wield a lightsaber. Nabrina does not seem willing to let go of the lightsaber just yet however, and has been known to spend unreasonable amounts of time practicing forms, dismantling and then reassembling her own lightsaber, studying lightsabers in general or its components - lore included. It is a weapon she remains fixated on, as well as its perfect wielding.

(-) Soft Spot for Twi'leks - Probably owing to her own heritage, Nabrina secretly fantasizes about doing more for her homeworld of Ryloth. She studies it and its culture with a fervor, and tends to soften up when mingling with other Twi'leks, opting to sometimes even speak to them in either Ryl or Ryu, whichever Rylothi dialect the other Twi'lek uses. While not so much a weakness as much as it is an odd fascination with her own culture, she often gets sidetracked because of this, and sometimes even warms up to Twi'leks - emotional baggage that, in retrospect, she at times admonishes herself for constantly.

APPEARANCE:

Nabrina is a Twi'lek with fire red skin coated in black Sith tattoos. She's rather tall at approximately 180cm (approximately 5 feet, 9 inches), and sports a body build that is toned and muscular due a decade of living conditions so poor most would curl up and die, but also gracefully and slender and lean, as is typical of her species.

BIOGRAPHY:

Born to a slave but separated early on from her numerous "sisters" (a notable number of them half-sisters - her biological father was quite the connoisseur when it came to slaves) due to her Force sensitivity, she was purchased by a Sith instructor of more advanced age, to whom she was indentured as a slave nonetheless as she was instructed in the ways of the Dark Side, and wielding a lightsaber. Due to the relatively lowly status however of her "master", she had virtually no training in the use of her Force abilities, and throughout this period in her life she had to rely on self-study and go by instinct.

After several years of forced servitude, through which she had to endure the harsh training of the Sith, the equally hostile landscape and living conditions, the status of courtesan to whom she perceived to be an embittered, cynical and effeminate aging man, and after being humiliatingly subjected to his many fantasies and perversions and fetishes -the last of which was to tattoo her with Sith pincerbugs-, she finally decided that she had learned everything she could from the decrepit old human, and after the latter was humiliated by a younger colleague, she struck him down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KILLS:

BOUNTIES COLLECTED:

ROLE-PLAYS:

The Bastion of Ren (The First Order/The Knights of Ren)

FORCE ABILITIES:

Given Nabrina's inclination to combat over other, more moderated means, she has concentrated her efforts in learning abilities that she can specifically use in the midst of fighting. With the exception of the Memory Walk which she uses as partially as a method of torture and partially as a mental resistance exercises she carries out on herself, her repertoire of Force abilities are generally for the purpose of stunning, slowing, immobilizing, demoralizing and in especially hot combat scenarios, utterly shattering opponents. She does not seem to take an interest in methods that primarily serve to inflict pain, dismissing these as fancy charades that only weaker minds relish in.

"Torture in and of itself is meaningless. It serves no purpose, and wastes my time. If someone is worth torturing, they will either be corrupted and bent to my will, or die. All shall submit, or face annihilation by my hand. No dawdling."

It is worth noting that she also takes an interest in learning Light-Side abilities. She believes that only by mastering and understanding both sides of the Force, can one hope to dominate it, herself, and others through it.

ACTIVE ABILITIES:

a. Force Lightning (DARK SIDE)
b. Force Push (GENERAL)
c. Force Grip/Choke (DARK SIDE)
d. Memory Walk (DARK SIDE)
e. Telekinesis (GENERAL)

BUFFS:

a. Force Rage (DARK SIDE)
b. Force Hatred (DARK SIDE)

OTHERS:

a. Force Compression (Construction of Compressed Lightsaber Crystals)

WEAPON PROFICIENCY:

a. Lightsaber
i. Djem So [Form V Discipline] (+++++)
ii. Juyo [Form VII Discipline] (+++++)

b. Unarmed Combat
i. Stava (Skill)

INVENTORY/PERSONAL EFFECTS:

a. Weapons
i. Sabrina Vao's Lightsaber

b. Clothing
i. Flex-Armor w/ Reinfoced Duraplast Padding
ii. Steelcloth Cloak w/ Electromesh layer
iii. Standard Boots
iv. Twi'lek Headband

c. Others
i. Personal Datapad

[member="Aerin Kath"]

With an accompanying very particular set of skills!

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

I just searched it; purely coincidental! Now you got me thinking though if she's going to dual wield.

[member="Iona"]

Just in time for the holidays. ;)

[member="Nabrina Vao"] Interesting Sith. I hope you're not as two-dimensional as the profile suggests, but as [member="Cathul Thuku"], this is indeed an archetypal Marauder, the type sent in to finish a job with brutal efficiency, no questions asked. I daresay the Dark Council would have made use of you, back in the day. Now...well, your path is your own.

[member="Tirdarius"] Thanks!

I was just looking for a solid foundation to work on as I fleshed the rest of her out. She'll fly right off the prototypical railroad tracks very early on - mostly personality quirks and odd fixations.

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

That would be lovely. An honor and a pleasure!

Nabrina is still very much a novice. Thanks to insights from [member="Tirdarius"] and [member="Cathul Thuku"], I can say with some certainty that she's going to be built like a marauder.

In the Darkness there is Truth
[member="Nabrina Vao"]

That sounds good!

We can discuss things via pm if you like. :) Sumiko's bio is a bit out-of-date since it's from before she became Sith, but feel free to check it out since it provides a broad overview.

[member="Sabik Dhami"]

Thankfully, KOTFE Darth Atroxa need not bother me with her wasted potential here. She could have been epic, but she only made it as far as the trailer. Tragic. Snuffed out by a fratricidal killer with daddy issues.*

* To be fair, his dad was a prick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom